2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 05:53:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 155451 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: April 22, 2014, 06:47:49 AM »

Breaking: Edwards Hospitalized

Senator John Edwards, until now a strong insurgent candidate threatening to become the Democratic frontrunner for the nomination, has been taken to the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. On the eve of a crucial debate in New Hampshire, Edwards had finished an appearance in Iowa City (where he appeared normal, if a bit pale) and was heading to the Des Moines airport when he complained of chest pain, dizziness, and shortness of breath. Cardiologists at the hospital refused requests for interviews, but the campaign released a statement claiming that it involved a non-life-threatening heart condition, but one that requires treatment by cardiologists and means he should avoid travel. The Senator will undergo treatment immediately. The telegenic candidate is expected to return to the trail within a few weeks, though whether he'll still have a shot at the nomination remains to be seen. A campaign spokesperson confirmed that the candidate intended to return to the trail once his medical issue was resolved.

OOC: I'll be out of town until next week.

That's fine.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #251 on: April 22, 2014, 06:51:28 AM »

A statement by the Biden Campaign

We would like to hope for a quick and speedy recovery for Senator Edwards, we have had squabbles with him before on the Campaign trail, but we do know that he is a good man, again, we hope for a quick recovery.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #252 on: April 22, 2014, 08:19:08 AM »

Round VIII: JANUARY 11-January 14
FINAL FOUR DAYS BEFORE IOWA

Breaking news on the campaign trail. Former Senator John Edwards was hospitalized after complaining of chest pains, dizziness and shortness of breath. His condition is non-life threatening, but Edwards' campaign reported he will be off the campaign trail for a few weeks. How this will affect the upcoming Iowa Caucuses on January 14th, remains to be seen. Edwards was and still is the leading contender for first.

The final four days of the Presidential primary contest, before the Iowa Caucuses. All sides are polling out all stops ahead of the all important caucus state. Mayor Giuliani has been to the state, but seems to be looking else, a smart move as his campaign apparatus lies in the big states down the line.

Donald Rumsfeld is making a competitive play in the state of Iowa, a move not many expected. He playing in the big cities and high turnout area, hoping to run up the numbers. We'll see how it works out for him.

George Allen looks to be the man to beat in the state of Iowa. He is drumming up conservative support. He is targeting every county in Iowa and so far has held onto his lead in the polls.

Gary Johnson is a dark horse in the race. He has been paying special care to the caucuses and some pundits believe he could pull a few surprises on caucus night.

Bill Owens, the once favorite for Iowa is dropping in the polls, as it appears his campaign is stalled. Having missed a crucial debate in New Hampshire and been lax on the campaign trail, many pundits believe this once rising star is fizzling out. Whether he can pull it together in final days before the caucuses remains to be seen. Pundits agree, he'll need to refocus his campaign if he wants a shot at winning the caucuses.

On the Democratic side, with John Edwards sidelined for the moment, there is an opening for one of the remaining candidates to pull an upset in Iowa. Clinton and Biden have been focusing on the state, but with the latter doing more so than the former. Clinton continues to focus on New Hampshire, where she leads her nearest rival, Edwards by six to seven points. Dennis Kucinich continues to be a factor in the race. Coupled by some big endorsements and strong debate performance, he maybe the dark horse in Iowa.

In terms of national polling, all polls were conducted before Edwards' hospitalization and he was tied with Clinton for first and leading in Iowa. In the wake of his hospitalization, he holds onto a lead in Iowa, though his numbers have shrunk.

Republican Nomination Poll:
Rudy Giuliani: 23%
Donald Rumsfeld: 20%
George Allen: 20%
Gary Johnson: 15%
Bill Owens: 11%
Undecided: 11%

Democratic Nomination Poll:
Hillary Clinton: 25%
John Edwards: 25%
Joe Biden: 20%
Dennis Kucinich: 20%
Undecided: 10%

Iowa Caucuses Poll: Republicans
George Allen: 28%
Rudy Giuliani: 20%
Donald Rumsfeld: 19%
Gary Johnson: 18%
Bill Owens: 11%
Undecided: 4%

Iowa Caucuses Poll: Democrats
John Edwards: 27%
Hillary Clinton: 24%
Joe Biden: 21%
Dennis Kucinich: 20%
Undecided: 8%

New Hampshire Primary Poll: Republicans
Rudy Giuliani: 25%
Donald Rumsfeld: 23%
Gary Johnson: 19%
George Allen: 13%
Bill Owens: 9%

New Hampshire Primary Poll: Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 29%
John Edwards: 21%
Joe Biden: 20%
Dennis Kucinich: 19%

This Round will close at 11:59 PM EST on Thursday 4/24/14.
Results for the Iowa Caucuses will be up either Friday or Saturday.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #253 on: April 22, 2014, 08:21:18 AM »

May I post as a surrogate for Edwards during this last week before Iowa? Just give me one of his surrogates and I can play with him!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #254 on: April 22, 2014, 08:39:31 AM »

The Clinton campaign is sorry to hear about Senator Edwards illness, and looks forwards to debating him soon.
We also recommend Senator Edwards try Crestor, which has worked Bill wonders for a couple of years now.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #255 on: April 22, 2014, 09:01:47 AM »

The Allen campaign expresses its condolences and hopes for a speedy recovery for Mr. Edwards
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #256 on: April 22, 2014, 10:18:35 AM »

May I post as a surrogate for Edwards during this last week before Iowa? Just give me one of his surrogates and I can play with him!
Absolutely.
Gore, Gephardt, Bob Graham are possibilities.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #257 on: April 22, 2014, 03:25:18 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for Jan. 11th-14th, 2004

Giuliani 2004 Campaign Staff
National Co-Chairmen: President Gerald Ford and Senator John McCain
Chief of Staff: Tony Carbonetti
Chief Political Strategist: Mike DeHaime
Energy Policy Director: Governor Angus King
Foreign Policy Director: Former President Gerald Ford
Defense Policy Director: Senator John McCain
Spokeswoman: Katie Levinson
Chief Pollster: Dr. Mark Campbell

January 11th, 2004; Iowa
-- Press Conference with Gov. Rounds announcing endorsement
-- Barnstorm in Newton, IA with Gov. Branstad, Gov. Rounds, and Sen. McCain
-- Barnstorm in Colfax, IA with Gov. Branstad, Gov. Rounds, and Sen. McCain
-- Barnstorm in Monroe, IA with Gov. Branstad, Gov. Rounds, and Sen. McCain

January 12th, 2004; Iowa
-- Press Conference with Sen. Pressler announcing endorsement
-- Barnstorm in Sioux City, IA with Gov. Branstad, Sen. Pressler, and Sen. McCain
-- Barnstorm in Lawton, IA with Gov. Branstad, Sen. Pressler, and Sen. McCain
-- Barnstorm in Moville, IA with Gov. Branstad, Sen. Pressler, and sen. McCain
-- Fly to North Dakota

January 13th, 2004; North Dakota
--  Press Conference with Gov. Hoeven announcing endorsement
-- Barnstorm in Turtle Lake, ND with Gov. Hoeven, Sen. Pressler, and Gov. Rounds
-- Barnstorm in Garrison, ND with Gov. Hoeven, Sen. Pressler, and Gov. Rounds
-- Barnstorm in Washburn, ND with Gov. Hoeven, Sen. Pressler, and Gov. Rounds
-- Fly to Iowa

Excerpt from Garrison Speech Mayor Giuliani: I’m sure we’re going to take some heat for coming to North Dakota the day before the Iowa Caucuses. But you know what? We’re not hinging on Iowa. Would we like to win there? Of course. But if we don’t - will it ruin our campaign, will we drop out of the race? No. This isn’t a one-state campaign, this is an all-out, 50 State campaign. I've promised to visit all 50 states before election day because I'm running to be President of all 50 states - not just those with early primaries.

January 14th, 2004: Iowa
-- Barnstorm in Hinton, IA with Gov. Branstad, Sen. Voinovich, and President Ford
-- Barnstorm in Sioux City, IA with Gov. Branstad, Sen. Voinovich, and President Ford
-- Barnstorm in Westfield, IA with Gov. Branstad, Sen. Voinovich, and President Ford
-- Election Night Rally in Sioux City, IA with Gov. Branstad and Sen. McCain
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #258 on: April 22, 2014, 04:13:08 PM »

Giuliani Surrogates (Part 1) , Jan. 11th-14th, 2004

Senator John McCain

Jan. 11th: See main schedule
Jan. 12th: See main schedule
Jan. 13th: Senatorial Duties
Jan. 14th: See main schedule

Governor Angus King

Jan. 11th: Barnstorm in Keene, NH
Jan. 12th: Barnstorm in Hampton, NH
Jan. 13th: Rest
Jan. 14th: Barnstorm in Berlin, NH

Fmr. First Lady Nancy Reagan

Jan. 11th: Rest
Jan. 12th: Rest
Jan. 13th: Fundraiser in San Francisco, CA
Jan. 14th: Rest

Senator George Voinovich

Jan. 11th: Senatorial Duties
Jan. 12th: Barnstorm in Fargo, ND with Sen. Coleman
Jan. 13th: Barnstorm in North River, ND with Sen. Coleman

Mr. Sheldon Adelson

Jan. 12th: Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV
Jan. 14th: Fundraiser in Carson City, NV

Former President Jerry Ford

Jan. 11th: Barnstorm in Ann Arbor, MI
Jan. 13th: Barnstorm in Des Moines, IA

Governor Terry Branstad

Senator Kit Bond

Jan. 12th: Barnstorm in St. Louis, MO with HMW Blunt
Jan. 13th: Barnstorm in Ames, IA with HMW Blunt
Jan. 14th: Barnstorm in Collins, IA with HMW Blunt

House Majority Whip Roy Blunt

Jan. 11th: Congressional Duties
Jan. 12th: Barnstorm in St. Louis, MO with Sen. Bond
Jan. 13th: Barnstorm in Ames, IA with Sen. Bond
Jan. 14th: Barnstorm in Collins, IA with Sen. Bond

Mr. John Elway

Jan. 12th: Barnstorm in Dallas, TX
Jan. 13th: Barnstorm in San Antonio, TX

Senator Norm Coleman

Jan. 12th: Barnstorm in Fargo, ND with Sen. Voinovich
Jan. 13th: Barnstorm in North River, ND with Sen. Voinovich
Jan. 14th: Barnstorm in Mapleton, ND
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #259 on: April 22, 2014, 04:15:01 PM »

Giuliani Surrogates (Part 2), Jan. 11th-14th, 2004

Mayor Michael Bloomberg

Jan. 11th: Barnstorm in Cambridge, MA
Jan. 12th: Mayoral Duties
Jan. 13th: Barnstorm in Concord, NH with Gov. Pataki
Jan. 14th: Barnstorm in Manchester, NH with Gov. Pataki

Governor Pete Wilson

Jan. 11th: Barnstorm in Reno, NV
Jan. 12th: Barnstorm in Scottsdale, AZ with Vice President Quayle
Jan. 13th: Barnstorm in Glendale, AZ with Vice President Quayle

Former Vice President Dan Quayle

Jan. 12th: Barnstorm in Scottsdale, AZ with Gov. Wilson
Jan. 13th: Barnstorm in Glendale, AZ with Gov. Wilson
Jan. 14th: Barnstorm in Mesa, AZ

Former Senator Howard Baker

Jan. 11th: Barnstorm in Spartanburg, SC with Sen. Alexander
Jan. 12th: Barnstorm in Greer, SC with Sen. Alexander
Jan. 14th: Barnstorm in Lyman, SC with Sen. Thompson

Senator Lamar Alexander

Jan. 11th: Barnstorm in Spartanburg, SC with Sen. Baker
Jan. 12th: Barnstorm in Greer, SC with Sen. Baker
Jan. 13th: Barnstorm in Columbia, SC with Sen. Thompson
Jan. 14th:  Senatorial Duties

House Speaker Dennis Hastert

Jan. 11th: Congressional Duties
Jan. 12th: Congressional Duties
Jan. 13th: Fundraiser in Richmond, VA
Jan. 14th: Fundraiser in Washington, D.C.

Former Senator Fred Thompson

Jan. 11th: Barnstorm in Duncan, SC
Jan. 13th: Barnstorm in Columbia, SC with Sen. Alexander
Jan. 14th: Barnstorm in Lyman, SC with Sen. Baker

Senator Larry Pressler

Jan. 13th: See main schedule
Jan. 14th: Barnstorm in Gilbert, IA

Governor John Hoeven

Jan. 11th: Gubernatorial Duties
Jan. 12th: Gubernatorial Duties
Jan. 13th: See main schedule
Jan. 14th: Barnstorm in Ames, IA

Governor Mike Rounds

Jan. 12th: Barnstorm in Des Moines, IA
Jan. 13th: Barnstorm in Council Bluffs, IA
Jan. 14th: Gubernatorial Duties

Gov. George Pataki

Jan. 11th: Gubernatorial Duties
Jan. 12th: Barnstorm in Nashua, NH
Jan. 13th: Barnstorm in Concord, NH with Mayor Bloomberg
Jan. 14th: Barnstorm in Manchester, NH with Mayor Bloomberg
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #260 on: April 22, 2014, 04:52:58 PM »

Clinton Endorsements

Baldwin, New York

I know I'm not a "national" figure, like many of my fellow New York Politicians, but I feel my endorsement of Hillary Clinton matters. Since she joined the United States Senate three years ago, she has steadfastly paid great interest to our communities in Nassau County, and across New York. She was instrumental in getting the funds we needed for recovery after the tragic day of September 11th 2001, in she has become far more than what we were since her White House days... She's become a human being

AIB College of Business, Des Moines, Iowa

As the new Mayor of Des Moines, and as someone who has not endorsed anyone as of yet, and with our first-in-the-nation caucuses just a few days away, it's time for me to give away my support. I am endorsing Senator Hillary Clinton because she is a talented politician, who steer the White House from ignoring us mayors of cities, to at least listening to us, even if she doesn't agree with us. 

Loris, South Carolina

The South Carolina Primary isn't that far away, and it's time for me to make an endorsement...I believe Hillary Clinton is the candidate who will be the Democratic Nominee for President, because she can speak to a voter here in South Carolina, the same way she can speak to a voter in Michigan, and both voters will get the same message.

Altamont, New York

They called me "The Sheriff of Wall Street", but the truth is I'm interested in more than economic policy. When I looked at all the candidates, Democrat and Republican, I saw that Senator Clinton matched all of my views the closest. Despite the similarities that my financial policies share with Rep. Kucinich and Senator Edwards, I know Senator Clinton shares my desire to be recognized as something more than what we currently are.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #261 on: April 22, 2014, 06:41:42 PM »

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: January 11-14

January 11
With Howard Dean, Russ Feingold, Ralph Nader, and George McGovern
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Fairfield, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Storm Lake, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Boone, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Newton, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Altoona, IA

You’ve been listening to all of my opponents out here. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been called a “loony” by others, just because I dare to speak out on different ideas than everyone else. But I ask, are my ideas really so loony? I’ll tell you what’s loony: going to war under false pretenses by only paying with a credit card, running up the debt, letting the rich walk freely, and doing nothing about the people suffering in our own country! I’m angry about what Bush and the Republicans have done these last four years, and I don’t see much hope in reversing all of those policies with the field that I see over there. My campaign is about putting us back to work and avoiding these unnecessary conflicts overseas. I speak the same ideas that FDR did back in the 1930s, when he put us on a path to get out of the Great Depression. Government can be an instrument of good, and we still have programs like Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid because they work for millions of Americans who would otherwise be much worse off without them. The people of Iowa understand this, I know it, and that’s why I’m counting on all of you to show up on the 14th!

January 12
With Howard Dean, Russ Feingold, Sherrod Brown, and Jesse Jackson
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Waukee, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Johnston, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Coralville, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Muscatine, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Clive, IA

The media has said that I gave the strongest debate performance last time, far and away. I think there’s reason for that: I speak the truth and the people don’t want to just hear more lies from their elected officials. Cleveland has known for many years what they get with Dennis Kucinich, and now the rest of America is beginning to know as well. I’ve never shied away from speaking about what I believe in. My solutions for this country are absolutely going to work once they’re put into practice. You look at what you’ve gotten with the last four years and I believe just about everybody will say that there’s room for improvement, to say the very least. I’m the only Democrat in this race with a comprehensive vision for where to go forward, and now it seems I’m taking off at just the right time, right before the very first contest. This is our time to shine, my fellow progressives! There is still a place for democracy in America, and we’ll show it in two days once we head out to the polls in full force! So, I’ll ask right here on this stage: Who’s with me, from beginning to end?

January 13
With Howard Dean, Russ Feingold, Mike Gravel, and Bernie Sanders
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Ottumwa, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Marion, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Urbandale, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Dubuque, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in West Des Moines, IA

The polls have had Edwards and Clinton duking it out here in Iowa for a while now, although I don’t ever entirely trust the polls. They’re just too unpredictable, especially for caucuses like these. I’ll tell you, folks, you just can’t fully measure grassroots support. I’m talking about the people who work diligently behind the scenes, who are just as important as the people openly marching on the streets. Everyone is able to make their own unique contribution, and I’ve seen all of this during my time here in Iowa. We’ve built up a very impressive machine here in this state, despite a few disadvantages. Going in, I knew it was going to be tough. I didn’t have the name recognition, nor the amount of money, that my opponents do. But we’ve never given up. Here we are, within striking distance. Tonight is the eve before the caucus, and now more than ever I need you all to organize and show up! Who are the most enthusiastic supporters out of any campaign this year? It has to be us, there’s no contest. Now we’ll bring that enthusiasm over to the voting precincts and show everyone else how we’re a force to be reckoned with! Vote with your heart, people, and bring some real change over to the White House this year! Let’s hold our leaders accountable and bring a responsible, transparent, and moral government!

January 14
With Howard Dean, Russ Feingold, Jesse Jackson, Ralph Nader, and Gore Vidal
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Council Bluffs, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Waterloo, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Davenport, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Des Moines, IA
-Election Night Rally in Des Moines, IA

Today’s the big day. Iowa is our first big test of this campaign, and now I ask all of my supporters across this great state to make a stand and show up for what they believe in! I have to thank my whole campaign team for being an immense help to me, as well as my surrogates out on the campaign trail. But I want to send a special thanks to all of you, the grassroots. You’ve decided to organize all of this, and the message has been so strong and positive that we just may pull it off here tonight. I appreciate all of it. Senators Clinton, Edwards, and Biden have all been truly formidable opponents of mine, but now I’m confident that we’ll be able to outshine them here in Iowa. We have the momentum going in this race and now we’ll prove to the whole country that you can’t kick us down so easily! We’ll come back even stronger than before! Bring out your friends, family, coworkers, and tell them to vote for the one candidate who has stood on principle even when it hurt! Vote for the candidate that stands up for what you believe in, and who listens to you! Let’s show everyone what it means to be vigilant!

TV/Radio Ad: Standing Up for You

He has fought for a higher minimum wage. He has opposed big business busting unions and limiting worker’s rights. He has strived to bring clean energy and has stood up to Big Oil. He has pushed for a clean environment. He has called for fair trade, protecting American jobs. This man is Dennis Kucinich, and he has been standing up for you in Congress all these years. Now he will continue to stand up for you in the White House. I’m Dennis Kucinich, and I approve this message.

This ad is meant to display Kucinich’s progressive credentials and to furnish his leadership on various issues to a mass audience.

TV/Radio Ad: Seniors for Kucinich

In Congress, Dennis Kucinich has been vocal about protecting Social Security. "I see a new vision for American seniors. I see a country where all citizens can retire with full benefits at age 65, where Social Security will never become privatized, and where retirement years won't land in the hands of the stock market." As President, he will never turn his back on seniors. I’m Dennis Kucinich, and I approve this message.

This ad will shore up support among older voters, who are more likely to turn out to vote and who hold entitlements importantly.

Surrogate Activity

Howard Dean: Staging rallies and increasing turnout for the caucus in Iowa

Russ Feingold: Rallying progressive support in Iowa

Ralph Nader: Fundraising and mobilizing consumer advocate groups for caucus turnout in Iowa

Jesse Jackson: Rallying minority communities in Iowa

Mike Gravel: Touring college campuses for maximum turnout in Iowa

Bernie Sanders: Rallying seniors in Iowa

George McGovern: Meeting with activists in Iowa

AFL-CIO: Encouraging union members to turn out for Kucinich and instructing them on caucus process in Iowa

Sierra Club: Mobilizing environmental activists in Iowa

Code Pink: Coordinating GOTV efforts with antiwar activists in Iowa

United Steelworkers: Increasing union turnout in Iowa

ACLU: Distributing pro-Kucinich pamphlets in Iowa
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #262 on: April 23, 2014, 02:52:49 PM »

George Allen for President - January 11th - 14th, 2004

"Activist Justices have changed our country for the worse. We need justices that will respect the constitution. The constitution does not say anything about abortion, and we need a judge that will reverse the activist ruling of Roe v. Wade. I promise that I will put a Supreme Court justice who follows the constitution!"

January 11th, 2004:
Meet and Greet in Sioux Center, Iowa with Rick Santorum
Town Hall in Le Mars, Iowa with Rick Santorum
Town Hall in Cherokee, Iowa with Rick Santorum
Meet and Greet in Storm Lake, Iowa with Rick Santorum
Barnstorming in Sioux City, Iowa
Barnstorming in Sioux City, Iowa

"We are seeing the decline of the American family. President Bush has done his best, but the progress of progressive liberals have made America worse. A truly pro-life President can fix this issue, and with your endorsement, you elect a pro-life President in 2004!"

January 12th, 2004:
Town Hall in Dension, Iowa with Jim Ross Lightfoot, Dick Armey
Meet and Greet in Carroll, Iowa with Jim Ross Lightfoot, Dick Armey
Town Hall in Harlan, Iowa with Jim Ross Lightfoot, Dick Armey
Meet and Greet in Atlantic, Iowa with Dick Armey
Meet and Greet in Council Bluffs, Iowa with Dick Armey
Town Hall in Creston, Iowa with Jim Ross Lightfoot, Dick Armey
Speech for Iowans for LIFE

"I've met manufacturing workers in Iowa, and I see America changing in the wrong direction. With China and other countries lowering wages, we are losing our edge ahead of the rest of the world in terms of our economy. We have to make a change: and that's where my plan to utterly slash regulations for these companies and lower the tax burden on job creators. Supply side economics allows wealth to trickle down, and the people at the bottom profit."

January 13th, 2004:
Barnstorming in Des Moines, Iowa with Rick Santorum, Dick Armey
Barnstorming in West Des Moines, Iowa with Rick Santorum, Dick Armey
Barnstorming in Ames, Iowa with Rick Santorum, Dick Armey
Town Hall in Ankeny, Iowa with Dick Armey
Town Hall in Newton, Iowa with Rick Santorum
Meet and Greet in Grinnell, Iowa with Dick Armey
Meet and Greet in Iowa City, Iowa with Rick Santorum

"We have a government that overtaxes and overspends. The waste of our government is going to consume us all if we don't do the necessary things we need to do. Democrats don't understand it, and Republicans are shamefully cowardly to do much about it. However, we have a Republican who totally understands the problems of the future, and that man is George Allen. Reforming Social Security, cutting taxes to make them flat, cleaning out the code, he has a plan that will create jobs and put America on the path toward fiscal solvency, something we have pushed back for way too long."

January 14th, 2004:
GOTV in Davenport, Iowa
GOTV in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
GOTV in Waterloo, Iowa
GOTV in Cedar Falls, Iowa
GOTV in Webster City, Iowa
GOTV in Ames, Iowa
GOTV in Des Moines, Iowa
GOTV in Sioux City, Iowa
Victory Party in Sioux City, Iowa

Television Ad: A Model for Leadership
Large Ad buy in all the states up to February 10th, 2004

"Iowans for LIFE recently endorsed George Allen's record on Life issues, calling him 'a model leader'. His record in Virginia is looked to as a model for future Governors of the state, reforming education, prison sentences, and balancing the budget. His leadership in the Senate on those issues puts him on the top of Conservative ratings. He's the premier choice for this election.

I'm George Allen, and I approve this message."

New Surrogates:

"George Allen and I are two different kind of Republicans. However, I am someone who values good results, and as a leader, Allen has gotten very good results in the state of Virginia. He doesn't talk about it much on the campaign trail, but he has the ability to get things through on a bipartisan basis: His dedication to research needed to grow our economy is one thing I believe that both parties can jump on board with. America needs an R&D revolution, and the only candidate I've seen who really puts that idea forward is George Allen"

January 11th, 12th - Congressional Duties
January 13th, 14th - Barnstorming in New Castle County, Delaware

"George Allen's campaign platform has a lot of plaques that, If I remember correctly, are pretty similar to my own when I was running back in 1988. Reforming welfare so we can ween people off of it and into jobs, reforming social security so that we can keep it solvent for years to come, and cutting taxes to make a flat rate. However, these ideas have a lot more traction in todays party, and we have a leader who is capable of expressing these ideas far better than I. George Allen will be a capable President and he has my endorsement!"

January 11th - Rest
January 12th-14th - Barnstorming in New Castle County, Delaware
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #263 on: April 23, 2014, 03:49:41 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2014, 05:34:28 PM by Potatoe »

Joe Biden Campaign Schedule, Jan. 11th to Jan. 14th

Jan. 11th:
Barnstorming-Atlantic, Iowa
Rally with Sen. Cantwell and Sen. Specter-Storm Lake, Iowa
Speech at University of Iowa (Abortion)-Iowa City, Iowa
Tour of Des Moines metropolitan area-Des Moines, Iowa

Dec. 12th:
D.C Duties
D.C Duties
Staff Meeting-Nashua, New Hampshire
Fundraiser with Sen. Specter-Nashua, New Hampshire
Barnstorming-Berlin, New Hampshire

Dec. 13th:
Voter registration drive-Iowa City, Iowa
Barnstorming for Barack Obama-Decatur, Illinois
Barnstorming-Chicago, Illinois
Fundraiser-Decatur, Illinois

Dec. 14th:
Barnstorming-Des Moines, Iowa
Rest
Voter registration drive-Iowa City, Iowa
Rally with Gov. Warner-Des Moines, Iowa

Guys, it's the night before the Iowa Caucus, and I have to say, I am in it to win it 100%, we may have had some scupples on the way, some drops in Polls, and losses around, but we are coming back in full form, we aren't going to be forgotten, we will get through this and win, yes, win, and even if we don't, we can still continue on to New Hampshire and beyond. So, don't forget to vote for Joe Biden!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bidendorsements:

Gov. Gary Locke

I have been Governor of the great state of Washington for a couple years, and I've been involved with the politics, both Statewide and Local, but when Senator and my friend Maria Cantwell endorsed Joe Biden, I was confused at once, thinking what was positive about Biden, but then I saw that this guy has the record, has the experience to be a leader, and I urge Washington to vote for him when the Primary ticks around.

Sen. Daniel Inoyue

I have been in the Senate for a very long time, and I have had the pleasure of meeting Joe Biden, and let me tell you, he has the guts, the experience, and the common sense to be the President, which is a goal I fully support, and I hope him the best.

TV Ad: Responsibility

(Clips of Biden as a Senator in Congress from the '80s) (Piano music playing in the background)

In the Washington wide world, there stand many trials, and there also stands a man who had stood the tests of those trials. A man looking for higher wages and job benefits, a man who won't entangle us in violent wars over trumped up charges, a man who seeks to serve to line America with prosperity, not his pocket. That man is Joe Biden.  Vote for Biden and get this without a hot air excuse and actual delivery. I'm Joe Biden and I approve of this message.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All Surrogates Barnstorming and GOTV in Iowa.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #264 on: April 23, 2014, 04:18:51 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2014, 09:32:07 PM by dkrolga »

Giuliani 2004 TV and Radio Ad, Running in the following states

(For TV Ads, pictures and video of Ronald Reagan play during the voiceover, before switching to pictures and video of Rudy Giuliani)

In 1964 Ronald Reagan announced that it was Time for Choosing - for choosing between unlimited freedom and Democracy or authoritarianism and Communism. Some twenty years later America chose Reagan to be our President and he lead us into a period of great prosperity, happiness, and freedom. America, it's time to go back to the 1980s. It's time to go back to prosperity, happiness, and freedom. Reagan's closest friends and advisers - Nancy Reagan and Howard Baker - have come out in support of Rudy Giuliani for President because they believe that only Mayor Giuliani can restore America to the glory it once was. America, let's go back. Paid for by the Committee to Election Rudy Giuliani.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #265 on: April 23, 2014, 05:27:56 PM »

Other Surrogates

Chief of Staff Andy Card

"I am thoroughly excited for this campaign. Allen's run a solutions-based, substance based campaign, and I am proud of the work they have done. They have earned my endorsement. Other people on the field I have seen I have been less impressed with, but obviously it's better to talk about what is good than what is bad. "

January 11th - Media Appearances for George Allen
January 12th - Barnstorming in Southern New Hampshire
January 13th, 14th - Chief of Staff duties for President Bush

Commentator Pat Buchanan

"Whatever disagreements I have with Senator Allen, it does not matter. That is not the most pressing issue in my mind. The most pressing issue to me is the Life movement. We need to protect life wherever we are, and what Allen has shown me is that he is willing to do so. Iowa voters show him with a strong lead, and that, to me, is the reason."

January 11th - Barnstorming in New Hampshire
January 12th - Barnstorming in Iowa
January 13th - Rest
January 14th - Media Appearances

Congressman Bob Goodlatte

"Virginians already know George Allen, and we love the work he has done, and we can only hope that he makes the same impression on all of you!"

January 11th, 12th: Barnstorming in South Carolina
January 13th, 14th: Congressional Work

Governor Craig Benson

"You can't tax your way to prosperity. My fellow New Hampshirites, Senator George Allen has fought his hardest to get your tax dollars back in your pocket, and we have a choice in this primary: we have establishment candidates running on their empty records, or we have a man running on conservative accomplishments. I don't think it's a choice for me!"

January 11th, 12th: Town Halls in New Hampshire
January 13th, 14th: Gubernatorial Duties
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #266 on: April 23, 2014, 11:28:15 PM »

Rumsfeldmania! - Stage Seven:

"Help me silence the nay-sayers, Iowa! You are just what I need to take on the Democrats and show America the party that should be in the White House for the next years, and I hope that when caucus day arrives, we will give a big surprise to them! Senator Allen is a formidable adversary here, but trust me when I say this: We are more than ready to finish a strong second, and we will give the Senator a run for his money in this crucial early state! Rumsfeldmania is here to stay!"

January 11:
-Rumsfeld's Rules in Iowa:
-Final Appeal to the small cites:
 -Rally and Q&A in Waterloo, IA.
 -Rally and Q&A in Dubuque, IA.
 -Rally and Q&A in Ames, IA.
 -Rally and Q&A in Ankeny, IA.
 -Rally and Q&A in Urbandale, IA.

"Thumbs up, guys, you've done a magnificent effort, and the polls show us stronger than ever. Am I confident? You bet, we have enthusiastic supporters and volunteers across the state, and in the end, Iowa is a mixture of momentum and organization. Polls show the momentum behind us, and we always tried our best to keep Iowa efforts well organized. A strong showing here, a win in New Hampshire, and we're ready to go!"

January 12:
-Preparing the organization:
 -Meeting with volunteers and staffers in Cedar Rapids, IA.
 -Meeting with volunteers and staffers in Davenport, IA.
 -Meeting with volunteers and staffers in Des Moines, IA.
 -Manning the phones in Des Moines HQ.
 -Rally and Q&A  in Des Moines, IA.

"To answer your question, what would have happened if the United State gave up in other wars? What if we gave up in World War One, or World War Two, or the Korean War or the Gulf War? Some say that it's not our job, that it doesn't concern us. It does. Whenever we fail to act against tyranny and in support of freedom, people suffer, people die, people wonder why speak of freedom while not defending it. Don't let our party lose this argument, please. This is a war we have to win, a war we will win with the right leadership."

January 13:
-GOTV, now!
 -GOTV efforts in Cedar Rapids, IA.
 -GOTV efforts in Ames, IA.
 -GOTV efforts in Davenport, IA.
 -GOTV efforts in Iowa City, IA.
 -GOTV efforts in Sioux City, IA.

"I hope the debate helped to make up the minds of most of you. Many make the mistake of saying that I'm 100% foreign policy, but those people never watched the debate. I am here, ready and willing to discuss everything, from the economy to education to immigration. I stand with a coherent view and a comprehensive platform, so don't make the mistake of believing that Iraq is all what I have to offer."

January 14:
-The Final Push:
 -Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA.
 -Rally in Davenport, IA.
 -Final Iowa Rally in Des Moines, IA.
 -Iowa Party with supporters, endorsers and staffers in Des Moines HQ, IA.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Surrogates:

-All surrogates except Sununu and Cheney will go to Iowa to help with the turnout strategy.

Vice-President Dick Cheney: Campaign events in Iowa.

Former Speaker Newt Gingrich and Senator Bill Frist: Town Halls in Rural Iowa, trying to negate Allen's support and potential turnout.

Senator John Sununu: Holding rallies in New Hampshire, try and contain the Giuliani surrogates.

Governor Mark Sanford: Continued rallies and tours of South Carolina.

Senator Peter Fitzgerald: Rallies in major cities in Iowa, appealing to typical Republican voters, emphasis in Rumsfeld being the man who can win a landslide in November.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #267 on: April 23, 2014, 11:30:20 PM »

Rumsfeldmania! - Stage Seven:

"Help me silence the nay-sayers, Iowa! You are just what I need to take on the Democrats and show America the party that should be in the White House for the next years, and I hope that when caucus day arrives, we will give a big surprise to them! Senator Allen is a formidable adversary here, but trust me when I say this: We are more than ready to finish a strong second, and we will give the Senator a run for his money in this crucial early state! Rumsfeldmania is here to stay!"

January 11:
-Final Appeal to the small cites:
 -Rally and Q&A in Waterloo, IA.
 -Rally and Q&A in Dubuque, IA.
 -Rally and Q&A in Ames, IA.
 -Rally and Q&A in Ankeny, IA.
 -Rally and Q&A in Urbandale, IA.

"Thumbs up, guys, you've done a magnificent effort, and the polls show us stronger than ever. Am I confident? You bet, we have enthusiastic supporters and volunteers across the state, and in the end, Iowa is a mixture of momentum and organization. Polls show the momentum behind us, and we always tried our best to keep Iowa efforts well organized. A strong showing here, a win in New Hampshire, and we're ready to go!"

January 12:
-Preparing the organization:
 -Meeting with volunteers and staffers in Cedar Rapids, IA.
 -Meeting with volunteers and staffers in Davenport, IA.
 -Meeting with volunteers and staffers in Des Moines, IA.
 -Manning the phones in Des Moines HQ.
 -Rally and Q&A  in Des Moines, IA.

"To answer your question, what would have happened if the United State gave up in other wars? What if we gave up in World War One, or World War Two, or the Korean War or the Gulf War? Some say that it's not our job, that it doesn't concern us. It does. Whenever we fail to act against tyranny and in support of freedom, people suffer, people die, people wonder why speak of freedom while not defending it. Don't let our party lose this argument, please. This is a war we have to win, a war we will win with the right leadership."

January 13:
-GOTV, now!
 -GOTV efforts in Cedar Rapids, IA.
 -GOTV efforts in Ames, IA.
 -GOTV efforts in Davenport, IA.
 -GOTV efforts in Iowa City, IA.
 -GOTV efforts in Sioux City, IA.

"I hope the debate helped to make up the minds of most of you. Many make the mistake of saying that I'm 100% foreign policy, but those people never watched the debate. I am here, ready and willing to discuss everything, from the economy to education to immigration. I stand with a coherent view and a comprehensive platform, so don't make the mistake of believing that Iraq is all what I have to offer."

January 14:
-The Final Push:
 -Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA.
 -Rally in Davenport, IA.
 -Final Iowa Rally in Des Moines, IA.
 -Iowa Party with supporters, endorsers and staffers in Des Moines HQ, IA.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Surrogates:

-All surrogates except Sununu and Cheney will go to Iowa to help with the turnout strategy.

Vice-President Dick Cheney: Campaign events in Iowa.

Former Speaker Newt Gingrich and Senator Bill Frist: Town Halls in Rural Iowa, trying to negate Allen's support and potential turnout.

Senator John Sununu: Holding rallies in New Hampshire, try and contain the Giuliani surrogates.

Governor Mark Sanford: Continued rallies and tours of South Carolina.

Senator Peter Fitzgerald: Rallies in major cities in Iowa, appealing to typical Republican voters, emphasis in Rumsfeld being the man who can win a landslide in November.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #268 on: April 24, 2014, 03:46:37 PM »

Schedule for Bill Clinton;

January 11, 2004

GOTV in Epworth, Iowa

GOTV in Peosta, Iowa

GOTV in Sageville, Iowa

GOTV in Farley, Iowa

GOTV in Martelle, Iowa

December 12, 2004

GOTV in Olin, Iowa

Interview with Martha Raddatz in Amarosa, Iowa for Nightline airing that night.

Mr. President, with Senator Edwards indisposed, do you believe that your wife is now the favorite to win caucuses here in Iowa?

Honestly, I wish I could say that, but I think Edwards will beat us by much reduced margin, of probably 2 or fewer percentage points. I do think however it makes us mortal locks in New Hampshire, where Hillary's already got a seven point lead.

Does Vice-President Gore's withdrawal from the race, and endorsement of Edwards, change the dynamics of the Democratic Primary at all in your opinion?

It does, in the sense that Gore one of the few candidates in either party's nomination battle that we would have wanted to go head-to-head with, because he'd won the nomination before, and he'd been so close in the general election before.

Besides Hillary winning Iowa, which Democrat's victory would be most beneficial to Hillary's campaign?

Probably Kucinich. Biden and Edwards do have some policy credentials and positions that actually make them Democrats, where as Kucinich, if he wasn't running in our primary, probably could pass as the nominee for the Green Party.

Which Republican do you least want to win Iowa?

Probably Giuliani, because he's the closest to us on social issues, the closest to us on fiscal issues... the only thing we disagree about is fiscal policy. He'd be a nightmare in a general election no doubt.

Which Republican do you most want to win in Iowa?

Rumsfeld. Given how half the country dislikes his policies and the administration he works for, it's actually a stretch to say he'd be a decent candidate for the nomination, let alone a general election.

Final question; Why hasn't the Clinton campaign run any advertising?

James Carville suggested that since our early national poll data showed that 97%of respondents knew who Hillary Clinton was, it really didn't pay to do advertising until we were either head-to-head with another Democrat, or got a/our Republican opponent. Mark Penn and I fought this decision, but in the end we were out numbered.

GOTV in Oxford Junction, Iowa (With Tom Vilsack, Chuck Schumer)

GOTV in Urbana, Iowa

GOTV in Keystone, Iowa

December 13, 2000

Meet Voters in Gloverville, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Burnetttown, South Carolina

December 14, 2000

Meet Voters in Velva, North Dakota

Watch Election Results at Terrace Hill, Des Moines, Iowa (With Tom Vilsack)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #269 on: April 24, 2014, 04:00:34 PM »

Campaign Schedule for Hillary Clinton

January 11, 2004

GOTV in Urbandale, Iowa

GOTV in Windsor Heights, Iowa

January 12, 2004

Meet Voters in Cedar City, Missouri

Meet Voters in Kingdom City, Missouri

Meet Voters in Mokane, Missouri

January 13, 2004

Meet Voters at Pink Palace Museum and Planetarium, Memphis Tennessee

Meet Voters in Cookeville, Tennessee

January 14, 2004

GOTV in Des Moines, Iowa (With Tom Vilsack)

Watch election returns at Terrace House (With Bill Clinton, Tom Vilsack and staff)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #270 on: April 24, 2014, 05:56:10 PM »

Giuliani 2004 TV and Radio Ad, Running in the following states

Bill Clinton said Rudy Giuliani was the Republican that would give Hillary the biggest challenge in a general election. If Bill Clinton, the Comeback Kid, is worried about  their odds against Mayor Giuliani shouldn't that signal to Republicans that the Mayor is their best choice? If the master of elections is shaking in his boots from the idea of a challenge by Mayor Giuliani, what's going on in the minds of the other Democrats? Rudy Giuliani - the best candidate to win in November. Paid for by the Committee to Elect Rudy Giuliani
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #271 on: April 24, 2014, 06:46:34 PM »

The Freedom for America PAC TV AD
Airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, North Dakota, Arizona, New Mexico, and Missouri

"Liberal Democrat Bill Clinton said of Rudy Giuliani..."

"he's the closest to us on social issues, the closest to us on fiscal issues"

"Do we really want four more years of Clintonesqe fiscal and social policies that ended in a recession?

Rudy Giuliani - A Clinton Republican"

The Freedom for America PAC sponsored this ad

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #272 on: April 24, 2014, 07:01:06 PM »

Donald Rumsfeld's remarks on the Clinton Nightline interview:

"President Clinton can talk all he wants (and he will) about the Republican field and Senator Clinton's chances, but I am doing rather well to be just another flawed candidate. Senator Clinton with all her name recognition is having trouble to keep ahead of Dennis Kucinich of all people, and last time I checked President Bush had a good approval rating, and I am proud to defend his administration's policies against such a flawed platform from the Democrats. And I want to be very serious about something: I do not seek to replicate the extremely flawed Clinton model. I think the man was out of his league in foreign affairs, and his domestic agenda can be credited to the Republican Congress as much as it can be credited to him. Another nay-sayer to the list, I must say."
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #273 on: April 24, 2014, 07:37:06 PM »

With all due respect to our former President, dismissing me as just belonging to the Green Party does no justice to your case, and I think voters in this country see through that. I stand for what the Democratic Party should stand for: economic fairness, social justice, and peace around the world. There's a reason why I'm picking up steam in the primaries: it's because there are Americans all across the country, from east to west, who want to go on a new path, away from the warmongering and away from the corporate giveaways. Not every Democrat is going to have principle on these issues, but I do, and that's why I'm in this race.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #274 on: April 24, 2014, 08:22:37 PM »

TV Ad: No True Democrat

Recently Former President Clinton has said that the Republican closest to him was mayor Rudy Giluani, a man who has cut the Corporate tax rates by 10% as mayor, a man who defends the PATRIOT Act and the wars raging on in Afghanistan and Iraq,  a man who cut 10 billion dollars from New York, is this who you want to be President? Don't vote for four years of a Clintauni Presidency. Defend real Democratic Values. Vote Joe Biden. I'm Joe Biden and I approve of this message.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies