cowards!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:59:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  cowards!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: cowards!  (Read 6694 times)
senatortombstone
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 25, 2005, 12:16:54 PM »

Here is a link to a news article depicting the cowardly actions of deserters.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,151416,00.html

"I was faced with situations where, if I followed orders, I would have killed innocent people," Anderson, 22, told the crowd. "I refused to do that."

That quote really burns me.  First of all it isnn't true and if this guy had any stones he would protest and resist the war within the US and face the consequences of his actions, not run to Canada.

But I have another question for him.

"what if you were in the Iraqi Republican Guard and were ordered to pull the tongue out of someone who had managed to piss Saddam off.  Would you do it?  Would you refuse to follow that order?"

I don't think his conscience would override his sense of self-preservation.

In othe words, he is only being talking tough and noble because he knows there are no real long-term, life-threatening consequences for deserting the military.

If he were in the oppostion's armies and refused to kill Americans, he'd have his head sawn off.  However, I highly doubt that most conscientious objectors would object to killing innocent Americans.  For some reason they're not anti-war or anti-violence, only anti-jutice and truth.

These conscientious objectors are cheap ass cowards who joined the military for a free education and now thatthey actually might have fight, they turn tail and run.  These freaks are no better than the terrorists we're fighting against.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 12:18:59 PM »

good people. Putting up resistance to militarism and taking the path of peace.
senatortombstone
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 12:20:35 PM »

good people. Putting up resistance to militarism and taking the path of peace.

What the hell are you talking about?  What peace can come from letting terrorists run rampant through the streets killing people?

Your idea of peace is the US laying its weapons down and letting everybody else kill eachother.  YOu're no bette rthan they are.

A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 12:22:37 PM »

They didn't have to join the military.

This is treason, but I don't really give a damn. Just strip them of their United States citizenship permanently, and never allow them to re-enter the country ever again.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 12:24:09 PM »

Hopefully, the CIA will contract people to kill these traitors. 
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 12:31:01 PM »

man, I bet you people would've whined about the Filipino soldiers and officers that refused to support Marcos when his regime became unstable and thus caused for it to collapse and forced him to flee, or the Romanian military when they decided to quit following orders from Ceausescu and overthrew and killed him and his wife instead.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2005, 12:39:23 PM »

Kill? You wanna kill a kid who gets detention for coming to school late too?

It's you who has no respect for human life, not the pro-choicers.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2005, 12:53:57 PM »

We only respect innocent life. Although I would personally advise against killing these treasonous thugs, it is a perfectly sane idea.

As for the pro-choicers, I wonder if they support Social Security choice, or gun choice, or the choice to smoke in private facilities according to the owner's own rules.
senatortombstone
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2005, 12:56:57 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2005, 04:10:23 PM by Alcon »

man, I bet you people would've whined about the Filipino soldiers and officers that refused to support Marcos when his regime became unstable and thus caused for it to collapse and forced him to flee, or the Romanian military when they decided to quit following orders from Ceausescu and overthrew and killed him and his wife instead.

You're going to compare that to the freest nation on Earth?

I guarentee you that these so called conscientious objectors wouldn't have the real courage that those fillipinos did when they resisted a tyrannical regime.

Of course you and other whackos out there view the US as the most oppressive regime of all.  But if the US employed even 1/100th of the methods used by those you compare it to, you wouldn't be opposed to it and rant.
Cashcow

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2005, 12:59:12 PM »

As for the pro-choicers, I wonder if they support Social Security choice, or gun choice, or the choice to smoke in private facilities according to the owner's own rules.

I certainly do!

Despite my strong opposition to the war, I don't like the deserters. They chose to be in the military knowing that situations such as this would come up. If civilians are killed, they can write about it or something to turn public opinion against the war.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2005, 01:01:03 PM »

You support Social Security privatization?

I agree with you on the deserters. We should revoke their citizenship. If they want to get back in, they should at least have to pay double in income tax.
senatortombstone
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005, 01:03:11 PM »

These liberal hippies are nothing but cowards.  They know they can protest and defame the US without fear of reprisal.  that doesn't take any courage.

If these cowardly deserters were really brave then they'd dissent in the US.  They really may not believe in war, but why then did they join the military?  And if they are really passionate about their beliefs, then why not stay in the US and pick up the fight.  They are hypocrites for joining the military.  They are cowards because they are afraid to take a true stand for what they claim to beleive.  They are lying when they say that the US murders innocents.  For all these things they should die.

What if our entire military became conscientious objectors?

What if they did during WWII?

conscientious objectors=cowards
Cashcow

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2005, 01:03:45 PM »

You support Social Security privatization?

I don't really trust Bush with it, but I certainly think that limited privatization would be a very good thing. The current system isn't going to do well with an entire generation about to retire.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2005, 01:07:04 PM »

They didn't have to join the military.

I'm glad SOMEONE else realizes this. If these idiots didn't want to  be involved in a situation where innocent folks may die, they SHOULDN'T HAVE JOINED THE !@#$ING MILITARY.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2005, 01:13:08 PM »

The quote indicates a fundamental flaw in the deserter's argument.
Soldiers have an obligation to follow any legal orders.  If the order to fire on unarmed people is illegal, he can refuse it.

In a bureaucratic situation, I have on one one or two occasion refused to follow orders that were a violation of policy.  Now, that is nothing compared to a military situation, but in one case the order was countermanded by a superior and in another, the supervisor withdrew it.

This is drilled (no pun intended) into soldiers in basic training.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2005, 01:15:02 PM »

The quote indicates a fundamental flaw in the deserter's argument.
Soldiers have an obligation to follow any legal orders.  If the order to fire on unarmed people is illegal, he can refuse it.

In a bureaucratic situation, I have on one one or two occasion refused to follow orders that were a violation of policy.  Now, that is nothing compared to a military situation, but in one case the order was countermanded by a superior and in another, the supervisor withdrew it.

This is drilled (no pun intended) into soldiers in basic training.

Still a nice pun.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2005, 01:16:56 PM »

Not true. A genuine conscientious objecter is never a coward.
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2005, 01:29:40 PM »

So tombstone....

Your profile says you're 26.  Have you served yet?  Are you serving currently?  Or are you another chickenhawk afraid to put his butt on the line for his millitant beliefs?
senatortombstone
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2005, 01:37:40 PM »

So tombstone....

Your profile says you're 26.  Have you served yet?  Are you serving currently?  Or are you another chickenhawk afraid to put his butt on the line for his millitant beliefs?

Ad hominem attacks such as these are not worthy of a response.
Trilobyte

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2005, 01:55:34 PM »

So tombstone....

Yup, it's a real show of courage to avoid a driect question while attacking someone you never met by calling him a coward.
senatortombstone
Rookie

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2005, 02:31:01 PM »

So tombstone....

Yup, it's a real show of courage to avoid a driect question while attacking someone you never met by calling him a coward.

I repeat, ad hominem attacks such as these are not worthy of a response.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2005, 02:33:51 PM »

So tombstone....

O.K then: justify your ad hominem attacks on all conscientous objectors.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2005, 02:50:15 PM »

What the hell is meant by your second sentence.  Could you point to anything I just said that has anything to do with kids, detention, or killing kids. These are traitors that signed up to serve in the military and swore an oath to follow the orders of our government. They then ran to Canada where they are now snubbing their noses at America.  Treason is a capital offense in this nation. Obviously, it is you who have no common sense.
senatortombstone
Rookie

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2005, 02:55:10 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2005, 02:56:54 PM by senatortombstone »

So tombstone....

O.K then: justify your ad hominem attacks on all conscientous objectors.

People who join the military and all of a sudden have a crisis of conscious and then run to Canada are cowards.  If they believe war to be wrong, then why did they sign on with the military?  If they aren't cowards, then why don't they remain in the US and make their protests here, where they can show true courage by facing the consequences of their actions.

In the past I have been called a coward for supporting the war/military, but not serving in it.  That's just stupid.  As response to those who make such accusations I ask them the follwoing questions

"If you're so against the war and the US then why don't you join up with a terrorist group like Al Qaeda?"

If I'm a chickenhawk because I support the war but am not in the military, then those who are against the war, but not enlisted in a terrorist group are "parlor terrorists"

See how pathetic this is?  Just because I am not an enlisted man doesn't mean that these deserters aren't traitorous cowards.

They're traitorous, hypocritical cowards who don't deserve the unmitigated honor of being an American.  Let them rot in Canada.  Let Canada rot for supporting them.  Let all who enjoy our freedoms rot, for supporting cowards, while condemning the military.  

Anyone who supports these cowards should be ashamed of themselves.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2005, 03:15:15 PM »

What the hell is meant by your second sentence.  Could you point to anything I just said that has anything to do with kids, detention, or killing kids. These are traitors that signed up to serve in the military and swore an oath to follow the orders of our government. They then ran to Canada where they are now snubbing their noses at America.  Treason is a capital offense in this nation. Obviously, it is you who have no common sense.

They are not killing Americans. My second sentence was reacting to your very low threshold for murder being acceptable.

Treason is fighting against your own country, they are not doing that. They are making a conscienous decision to not fight for it. Big difference.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies