Your internet self vs. your real self.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:34:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Your internet self vs. your real self.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Your internet self vs. your real self.  (Read 3551 times)
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2014, 07:27:28 PM »
« edited: March 17, 2014, 07:36:05 PM by SLValleyMan »

Dave please don't listen to Adam's nonsense. Weed is much healthier for you than soda.
Please, don't try to ruin his life. Dave, while I am younger than most people here, I know the best route for you to go and that's to keep on drinking pop, but in moderation. You like it and I'll support it! Smiley

You're okay with someone destroying themselves with a few gallons of pure sugar a day but smoking weed is going to "ruin his life"? Jesus.

Toke up, Dave. It'll do you a world of good.
Again, I think with Dave holding a job now as a janitor, he will be able to lower his pop intake and be more moderate with it. Pop dehydrates you and is unhealthy sure, but it's his body and it's clear that he prefers to drink pop. At least of some benefit to it, sugar keeps you energized for awhile before slowing you down so that will be good for work whereas weed serves no good. It would hurt his body even more, he wouldn't have as much money, he could become addicted to trying other dangerous drugs, his mom would be upset with him, he drives, and most of all, it's illegal so he shouldn't be doing it.

Honestly, I find it pathetic that some of you are actually older than me, yet I'm giving Dave the best and safest option while you guys are trying to manipulate with him by going on with your pro-freedom, marijuana rants that "marijuana isn't dangerous at all" when facts and studies show there are plenty of things wrong with it.

Please Dave, please, don't listen to them.

Marijuana is regularly used for patients with life-threatening diseases to deal with the pain.
Marijuana is used with food so people with eating disorders will get the 'munchies' and eat something.
Marijuana stops nausea, which chemotherapy patients experience a lot.

Please stop posting about a subject where you have an extremely limited knowledge of it outside of "marijuana is bad mmkay".
lol, I'm using evidence and known facts, so I don't know where you're getting that idea from. Sure it cures life-threatening diseases, but meanwhile it also contradicts the "good for your health" thing because it causes a greater risk of getting lung infections such as pneumonia, can speed the heart rate up to nearly 160 beats per minute, can lead to chest colds and coughs, and the chemicals in the smoke itself will hurt memory, judgment, and perception, can lower your IQ if you smoke enough of it as a teenager, and one of the worst statistics I found, 1 in 5 teenage drivers have admitted driving under the influence of marijuana before. Considering the damage it does to your insides and the temporary effect marijuana can have on you, that's not good and it makes the roads dangerous because of this drug.

Now if I were to guess, Dave doesn't have nausea or a life-threatening disease, so there are more negatives than pluses for Dave using the drug, and I've listed more facts than you guys have.

If it cures life-threatening diseases, then why shouldn't we allow it to be legal for medical use, at the very least. You are aware that the US allows far more dangerous substances to be used for medicinal purposes - why not cannabis?
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2014, 07:34:47 PM »

Dave please don't listen to Adam's nonsense. Weed is much healthier for you than soda.
Please, don't try to ruin his life. Dave, while I am younger than most people here, I know the best route for you to go and that's to keep on drinking pop, but in moderation. You like it and I'll support it! Smiley

You're okay with someone destroying themselves with a few gallons of pure sugar a day but smoking weed is going to "ruin his life"? Jesus.

Again, I think with Dave holding a job now as a janitor, he will be able to lower his pop intake and be more moderate with it. Pop dehydrates you and is unhealthy sure, but it's his body and it's clear that he prefers to drink pop. At least of some benefit to it, sugar keeps you energized for awhile before slowing you down so that will be good for work whereas weed serves no good. It would hurt his body even more, he wouldn't have as much money, he could become addicted to trying other dangerous drugs, his mom would be upset with him, he drives, and most of all, it's illegal so he shouldn't be doing it.

Honestly, I find it pathetic that some of you are actually older than me, yet I'm giving Dave the best and safest option while you guys are trying to manipulate with him by going on with your pro-freedom, marijuana rants that "marijuana isn't dangerous at all" when facts and studies show there are plenty of things wrong with it.

Marijuana is regularly used for patients with life-threatening diseases to deal with the pain.
Marijuana is used with food so people with eating disorders will get the 'munchies' and eat something.

Please stop posting about a subject where you have an extremely limited knowledge of it outside of "marijuana is bad mmkay".
lol, I'm using evidence and known facts, so I don't know where you're getting that idea from. Sure it cures life-threatening diseases, but meanwhile it also contradicts the "good for your health" thing because it causes a greater risk of getting lung infections such as pneumonia, can speed the heart rate up to nearly 160 beats per minute, can lead to chest colds and coughs, and the chemicals in the smoke itself will hurt memory, judgment, and perception, can lower your IQ if you smoke enough of it as a teenager, and one of the worst statistics I found, 1 in 5 teenage drivers have admitted driving under the influence of marijuana before. Considering the damage it does to your insides and the temporary effect marijuana can have on you, that's not good and it makes the roads dangerous because of this drug.

Now if I were to guess, Dave doesn't have nausea or a life-threatening disease, so there are more negatives than pluses for Dave using the drug, and I've listed more facts than you guys have.

If it cures life-threatening diseases, then why shouldn't we allow it to be legal for medical use, at the very least. You are aware that the US allows far more dangerous substances to be used for medicinal purposes - why not cannabis?
I won't deny those drugs are definitely more dangerous than cannabis, but my problem with legalizing it is I know in my heart that the moment it's legalized, there will be a number of pro-marijuana groups and organizations lobbying Congress (or the Ohio General Assembly) to legalize recreational marijuana which would be terrible. If we could get a promise from them that they wouldn't, then I would reconsider legalizing medical marijuana, but until then, I'm with most Republicans on this issue.
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2014, 07:38:21 PM »

I won't deny those drugs are definitely more dangerous than cannabis, but my problem with legalizing it is I know in my heart that the moment it's legalized, there will be a number of pro-marijuana groups and organizations lobbying Congress (or the Ohio General Assembly) to legalize recreational marijuana which would be terrible. If we could get a promise from them that they wouldn't, then I would reconsider legalizing medical marijuana, but until then, I'm with most Republicans on this issue.

Then why hasn't it happened with those drugs? Where are the rallies to legalize recreational use of crystal meth?

Also, the reason many of us don't trust what the DEA has to say on the drug is because government rulings on drugs have been known to outright ignore scientific studies done on them that run contrary to their predisposed positions. For example, the Federal Bureau of Narcotics (a forerunner to the DEA) basically ignored a report on the drug commissioned by then-NYC mayor Fiorello La Guardia, which suggested that marijuana was not nearly as harmful as that division was making out to be, and went ahead with classifying it as a dangerous substance.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2014, 09:27:54 PM »

I barely talk politics at all IRL. I'm a workaholic and the rest of my time is spent with a fiance who prefers discussing who's getting married or having a baby.

How do you feign interest in that?

#TheStruggle

Cheesy
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2014, 09:32:02 PM »

My real self is less likeable, more uncertain, and rather less intelligent.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies