The Oscars Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:22:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Oscars Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Oscars Discussion Thread  (Read 1574 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2014, 11:16:22 AM »

Putting the winners aside, the show itself was a mess. Absolutely dreadful.

Seth was better. He should've hosted again.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2014, 11:21:13 AM »

Putting the winners aside, the show itself was a mess. Absolutely dreadful.

Seth was better. He should've hosted again.
No.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2014, 11:30:11 AM »

I like the show and I did pretty well this year in my picks.  I only got four categories wrong and two of them were in documentary, one was in costume design and the last I forgot what it was in.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2014, 07:08:23 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2014, 07:26:38 PM by Comrade Governor DemPGH »

I probably won't watch Philomena, although it is an important film that needed to be made. I don't think I would really enjoy it, and to me movies are for enjoyment.

As a student of History I am also well acquainted with the awfulness of the Catholic / Latin Church to where I really am surprised that it has adherents at this point in time. In all probability, the Latin Church does a good job of not talking about their horror show of a history. Philomena tells the story of a very modern depravity of the Church's view of motherhood. So awfully sad and revolting.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2014, 07:46:21 PM »

I probably won't watch Philomena, although it is an important film that needed to be made. I don't think I would really enjoy it, and to me movies are for enjoyment.

As a student of History I am also well acquainted with the awfulness of the Catholic / Latin Church to where I really am surprised that it has adherents at this point in time. In all probability, the Latin Church does a good job of not talking about their horror show of a history. Philomena tells the story of a very modern depravity of the Church's view of motherhood. So awfully sad and revolting.

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2014, 08:41:24 PM »

Rich coming from Snowstalker.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2014, 08:41:46 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2014, 09:09:14 PM by Comrade Governor DemPGH »

IDK, but if you wish to engage in meaningful discussion, you'll have to raise your game and try a little harder than normal. Smiley IDK.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies