Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:30:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 562731 times)
Misoir
Rookie
United States

« on: July 25, 2011, 09:01:26 PM »

Social Policy:  I believe in Federalism on this issue allowing states to make their individual choices without interruption by the federal government so long as they do not violate any principles of the Bill of Rights. On the state level however I am culturally moderate with liberal views on gun restriction, drug laws, abortion, gay marriage, evolution, and stem cell research while holding conservative views on crime/punishment, language laws, immigrant assimilation, and school prayer.

Foreign Policy:  On this issue I break with both parties. Overall I am an Isolationist believing in no intervention abroad unless we are facing an immediate and direct threat, a strong military which does not require massive spending, closing all foreign military bases, exiting all international organizations, ending free-trade in favor of import tariffs which equalize the cost of production between our country and the country which we enter a trade agreement with, and drastically reducing immigration until we have assimilated all current immigrants into our society (learn English, pay taxes, do not commit crimes, excluded from welfare benefits until 3 years taxes are paid).

Fiscal Policy:  Balance the budget which includes raising taxes and cutting spending, reform the disability benefits system to check on recipients every few years and give rewards for turning in those committing fraud, strengthening Social Security and Medicare, creating a system of Medicare for all, reduce taxes on corporations to a flat 27% rate, end all tax loopholes, make the income tax more progressive, eliminate several federal departments which would be better handled at the state level (EPA, Transportation, Education), support labor unions right to collectively bargain, spend more on infrastructure development, set a cap for the size of all banks and bust up the ‘too big to fail’ banks.

Government Philosophy:  I support the power of the judiciary, elimination of 17th amendment, strengthen rights of states, believe in strict interpretation of the constitution, favor a very weak executive with a strong judiciary and legislature.

Overall I would say my philosophy is hard to understand but is similar to the Republican Party to the early 20th century with some notable differences. Overall I consider myself an Economic nationalist and Conservative Federalist.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies