Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:56:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 556504 times)
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« on: April 20, 2011, 08:22:10 PM »

Economic Issues:

I am a Laissez-faire Capitalist and I believe the Government should not interfere at ALL with the economy. If a large corporation is failing, it is not the Government's job to keep them afloat. I support lower taxes on ALL income brackets and I also support deregulation of all corporations. While I believe most corporate CEOs are inherently evil, I believe that business is not inherently evil.

Social Issues (Domestic)Sad

I am a huge social Libertarian. I support a woman's right to choose, I support legalizing gay marriage and all drugs. I am also a huge supporter of the Separation of Church and State as well as the abolition of the death penalty. I do not support Affirmative Action programs nor do I support neo-Environmentalist policies. I believe our Earth is precious but protection of our planet only goes so far in the name of stopping progress. Society was built to progress. I am an avid supporter of stem cell research and I even participated in a pro stem cell research rally. I supporter tighter boarders and the promotion of legal immigration.

Social Issues (Foreign)Sad

I am a major pacifist. After I lost two cousins in Iraq and my ex-girlfriend lost her older brother, I refused to accept a militarist foreign policy for any longer. I am an advocate for diplomacy and believe that talking and trading with other countries is a far better means of communication than killing said country's people.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 11:29:17 AM »

Overall: Anarchist-leaning Libertarian Capitalist

Social Issues: Far Left Liberal/Hardcore Libertarian

Abortion: I believe abortion should be legal until the beginning of the third trimester. I oppose "Partial Birth" abortions and I oppose federal funding to abortion. I believe I, as a man, have no place to tell a woman what to do with her body, but if she does not choose to have an abortion before her third trimester, she's waited too long. Sometime in the third trimester is when I believe the baby is a living being, and therefore is protected under the Constitution.

Gay Rights: I oppose legislating gay rights issues on a federal level, as I believe it is up to the individual states. I am a fervent supporter of gay rights and would love to see gay marriage legal in all 50 states. I believe anyone who says "gay marriage would destroy the sanctity of marriage" is an idiot, as straight couples are doing just that while gay marriage is still illegal in a majority of states. The straight people that cheat on their spouses are the ones that are ruining the sanctity of marriage and ruining the "traditional" family, not the gay couples who want to be treated equally. I believe gay adoption is a state issue. I also oppose DADT.

Drugs: I support decriminalizing every drug on federal level. This is where I believe the 10th Amendment is null and void. A single state cannot have a "war on drugs" while others do not. I  support the federal Government regulating, taxing and controlling the sales of all drugs (marijuana, cocaine, meth, heroin, etc.) just like alcohol and cigarettes are controlled. This way, people can buy drugs that they know are not laced with other dangerous things. The drug war is racist towards minorities.

Prostitution: I support legalizing prostitution on a state level. I believe it is one's choice to have sex with whomever they please.

Separation of Church and State: This country was founded on the idea of separating church and state. Religion and politics do not coincide, as not everyone in this country is of the same religion. To involve religion in politics terrifies me, especially with fundamentalist Christians running amok trying to return us to the 1500's with our social policy.

Contraception: I support a woman's right to use birth contraception. If you don't like birth control, don't use it. Simple as that.

Immigration: I support legal immigration. I have a soft spot in my heart for immigrants who want to live in this country, but have to come here illegally because the process takes too long, but I cannot say that I support allowing anyone to break the law. I support making the immigration process simpler and quicker, allowing for an easier path to citizenship. I support guest worker programs as well.

Death Penalty: I strongly oppose the death penalty. State-sanctioned killing is wrong and should not be allowed. People who use the old "having a criminal sit in jail for life costs so much money out of my pocket to pay for their meals blah blah blah" argument don't understand that when a criminal gets executed, the amount of appeals made afterward are enough to cost you as much, if not more tax dollars to pay for legal fees.

2nd Amendment: As a Constitutionalist, I strongly support the 2nd Amendment, but with some restrictions. I don't believe the founding fathers would support the idea of allowing anyone to own a gun, especially if they saw our crime rates. I support background checks before buying guns and outlawing certain bullets that would cause fatal harm to another human being. I also support putting safety locks on every gun to prevent accidents.

Alcohol: Should be legislated on a state level, but I support lowering the drinking age to 18.

Stem Cell Research: I support embryonic stem cell research, as well as adult stem cell research. This research could lead to curing diseases such as cancer, AIDS, etc.

Physician Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia: If a person chooses to be "put to sleep," to end their suffering, so be it. I believe it is one's right to choose whether or not to continue fighting.

Education: Legislate education on the state level. I believe increasing federal education spending has done nothing to improve test scores, therefore, I oppose it. I support a voucher system, with slight bias towards public schools to keep them afloat. Also allow states to write their own curriculum and allow parents to opt into a different class if they don't want their child in a specific class.

Affirmative Action: I believe Affirmative Action is a noble cause, but is reverse discrimination. I don't support giving someone more of an opportunity than anyone else, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, etc.

Economic Issues: Lasseiz-Faire/Anarchocapitalist

Taxes: In my perfect world, there would be a 0% tax rate across the board. However, this can't happen in the "real" world, therefore I support taxes being as low as physically possible. I support a Flat Tax rate across the board, this being the only tax we'd pay (other than "sin" taxes.) No sales tax.

Healthcare: Repeal Obamacare and allow for competition over state lines. A Government takeover of healthcare is an even larger intrusion into the lives of personal citizens.

Energy: I support drilling domestically for oil whilst also finding more energy-efficient resources. I love my fluorescent light bulb in my room, so I'd support using more of those, but without the mandate. People should be allowed to buy incandescent light bulbs as well. I support using nuclear and solar energy as well. Free market competition will drive down costs and jobs will be created. We have to ween ourselves off of foreign oil.

The Environment: I support protecting our environment (see energy policy) but I do not believe that Global Warming is an imminent threat, nor is it man made. The rise in temperatures are normal as per weather maps over the past 100 years.

Unions: I support one's right to be in a union, but I do not support unions having the amount of power they have now. Unions exist only to protect worker safety and negotiate reasonable pay. I also don't support protecting worker's jobs during strikes. The jobs have to be done. This is especially true in terms of schools. If teachers decide to go on strike, someone has to teach the kids.

Government Spending: The amount of money the federal Government spends is far too high. Cuts must be made across the board and we must introduce a Balanced Budget Amendment to make sure spending doesn't get out of control. When I say I support cuts across the board, I mean everywhere. Defense included.

Free Trade: I support protectionism in some cases, but I believe free trade is a better way to go. Trading with countries is good, as it improves relations and diplomacy outlets. Economic globalization is good. Fair trade coffee is really good, though.

Social Security: Privatize it. Government doesn't handle things well to begin with.

Bailouts: I oppose Corporate Welfare. Allow businesses to fail if they can't balance their own budget. Failure is a potential consequence of starting a business. Government is prone to mess these things up, anyway.

Foreign Policy: Hardcore Dove/Non-Interventionist

War on Terror: You cannot fight a war against an idea.

War in general: Almost always a bad idea. Leads to big Government, un-needed military causalities and causes animosity between the countries involved.

Iraq: We never should've gotten involved.

Iran: We should not get involved.

Afghanistan: See Iraq.

Israel: Israel is a big boy and can fight it's own battles.

Nation-building: No.

Defense Spending: Cut it.

Other Issues

Role of Government: I am a fervent supporter of Government being as small as physically possible. Government should only exist to legislate on behalf of the people and should be viewed as the servant of the people, not the master. In my ideal world, there would be no Government. Individuals would have power over the individual, but the society at large would work together. No, that is not a component of "Pure Communism," because humans are naturally inclined to help each other. If both Pure Anarchy and Pure Communism were to be enacted, one would never be able to tell the difference between the societies.

Anything else?
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 05:24:59 AM »

Yes, welcome Smiley
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 04:59:51 PM »

Odd philosophy...interesting Tongue
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 05:30:49 PM »

Now that I've shifted a bit:

Economic issues: Capitalist. Some regulations on business are necessary. Support mostly free trade agreements, but fair trade is cool too. There are days when I support a flat tax, and there are days when I support a slightly progressive tax system. Overall, if the rich are to pay a higher tax rate, I believe it should be only slightly higher, not extremely higher.

Social issues: Social Libertarian. States Rights. Marriage for all, legalize drugs, yadda yadda yadda.

Foreign Policy: Non-interventionist. Decrease foreign aid. See: Ron Paul's foreign policy.

Domestic policy: Health care should be left to the free market. Immigrant sympathizer, but not necessarily supportive of amnesty. I oppose gun control. Etc.

Overall: Moderate Libertarian Conservative. I identify as a Republican and will register as such when I'm old enough.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 05:38:29 PM »

Mint and I had this discussion some time ago:

20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 05:39:01 PM »

I identify as a Republican and will register as such when I'm old enough.

Sad

Sad
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 05:57:53 PM »

?
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 06:30:27 PM »

Ahhhhhhh.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 08:49:12 PM »

What?
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 08:31:37 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah, these three are in need of serious revision/clarification.

On stimulus spending I said it cannot solve economic struggles, but can help. Putting duct tape on a broken heart doesn't make it not broken.

The other two I really did contradict myself. Sorry. I'm absolutely awful at construing my thoughts.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 11:56:20 AM »

Guns: The 2nd Amendment clearly states that every citizen has a right to own a gun, and no state should be able to do away with that. However, if I did support gun control, I would want the state to ban the sale of guns, which is the only constitutional way to do so.

I'm confused. Tongue

I am too.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 10:09:59 AM »

Space Exploration: Scrap all further space exploration.

20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 12:08:42 PM »

Prostitution: Oppose, death penalty for pimps, prison terms and re-education for hookers.

What about those forced into prostitution via human trafficking?
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 09:50:02 AM »

Yeah this new fellow is pretty bizarre. Sock check!
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 11:30:25 AM »

Definitely Vegetaboi, and he's definitely noticed Oldiesfreak.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 05:37:57 PM »

Alright time for an update. I'm going with the Political Matrix and my responses, and I'll post my score below.

1. The right to individual autonomy is important, even if it threatens collective security. (Usually agree)
2. The government should penalize organizations that practice outsourcing. (Neutral)
3. Giving faith-based charities the same government resources as secular organizations is a good idea. (Neutral)
4. We should increase foreign aid to countries struggling with poverty. (Usually disagree)
5. We should increase funding for education. (Neutral)

6. Heterosexual couples should receive higher marital recognition than same-sex couples. (Usually disagree)
7. Overall, free trade hurts more than it helps. (Neutral)
8. We should reduce the number of government programs substantially. (Neutral)
9. Abortion should be illegal or very heavily restricted. (Neutral)
10. The government should fund museums, theaters, and other cultural institutions that are unable to survive independently. (Usually disagree)

11. The government should subsidize health insurance for those who cannot easily afford it. (Neutral)
12. The government should work to reduce children's exposure to offensive radio and television content. (Disagree)
13. It is unfair that wealthier people pay higher tax rates. (Usually disagree)
14. The minimum wage should be raised. (Agree)
15. Marijuana should be legalized. (Agree)

16. Society focuses too much on forcing equality at the expense of real merit. (Usually disagree)
17. Violating individual rights is acceptable when it comes to fighting terrorism. (Usually disagree)
18. Current levels of government regulation on industry are excessive. (Neutral)
19. The government should provide basic needs for all people. (Usually disagree)
20. The death penalty should be an option for serious crimes. (Neutral)
21. We should reduce the difficulty of immigration. (Agree)

22. Union workers should be protected against being fired during strikes. (Neutral)
23. Prostitution should be legalized. (Usually agree)
24. Flag burning should be banned. (Usually disagree)
25. I support affirmative action. (Usually disagree)
26. The government should impose tariffs to protect industries from foreign competition. (Neutral)
27. Physician-assisted suicide should be legal if the patient is capable of informed, rational consent. (Neutral)

Economic: -0.26
Social: -3.48

And this comes as a shock to me, I have ventured into the left side of the PM for the first time.

Weeee.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 05:23:52 AM »

5. We should increase funding for education. (Disagree)

8. We should reduce the number of government programs substantially. (Agree)

13. It is unfair that wealthier people pay higher tax rates. (Agree)
14. The minimum wage should be raised. (Disagree)

16. Society focuses too much on forcing equality at the expense of real merit. (Usually agree)
18. Current levels of government regulation on industry are excessive. (Agree)
19. The government should provide basic needs for all people. (Usually disagree)*

Bloody hell...

* = Saying just 'usually disagree' contradicts your 'agree' with the fact that Government programs should be cut back (#8)
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2013, 04:44:30 PM »

Gonna try to respectfully address some of these points

abortion should have to gain parental consent.
Drugs: Continue the war on drugs with harsher penalties being applied to violators, including recreational users.  Marijuana is a gateway to other, harder drugs and should be banned.

Marijuana is not a gateway drug. If it was, nearly everyone who smokes weed would do harder drugs, which isn't the case. Some people become psychologically addicted to the feeling of "being high," which leads to usage of harder drugs.

Censorship:The government has the responsibility to censor objectionable material from the air and radio waves.  The fact that satellite communications are exempt from FCC content regulation should be enough to appease the anti-censorship crowd.

Who decides what is objectionable? Nudity and swearing might be objectionable to you, but it isn't to me. It's a hard line to find, but it's better to establish liberty as a core value over a "guv'mint knows best 4 ur telebox" state

Immigration: Secure the border as a matter of national security.

Yes those dirt poor Mexicans might blow up our buildings lawdie lawdie

Support the PATRIOT Act.  Increase Congressional oversight over Executive national security initiatives as a way to increase accountability and decrease the possibility for misuse.

Implying of course that the Government would go out of its way to protect OUR liberty.

Campaign Finance Reform: Status quo.  Political donations are free speech.

They are up until corporations get to have more "free speech" than individuals.

Minimum wage: Repeal the federal minimum wage.  Minimum wage increases result in job loss and are an inefficient way to decrease poverty.

Yeah because at least you have a job, who cares if you're making 80 cents an hour! This is America!

Embargo: Use embargos and sanctions as way to exert diplomatic pressure.

Eh

War: Maintain a constant state of military readiness, and be willing to go to war whenever and wherever American interests are at stake.  Do not be afraid to go to war unilaterally.  Use reputation as a military juggernaut as a way to exert diplomatic pressure.

Yes because our economic interests are more valuable than the lives of our fellow man. Good.

Draft: Institute a mandatory period of “national service” for young men and women, with a term of service in the armed forces as a possible way to satisfy this requirement.  Maintain the selective service system, and start to collect information on young women.  If a draft ever has to be reinstituted, draft all eligible males before dipping in the “ladies’ pool”.

I don't even want to respond to this

Nukes: Maintain American nuclear arsenal.  Expand the “nuclear club” to more U.S. allies such as Canada, Australia and Germany.

You can't hug your children with nuclear arms

Overall: Hmmm….after making this list I can honestly say I don’t know what I am.  Republican?  Democrat?  Moderate hero?  I would describe myself primarily as a “big-government Republican” or “neoconservative”.  I would say that, except for my opinions on a few social issues, I fit the GWB-mold quite well.

Yeah I'd say you're like a centrist, nanny-statist Republican Tongue
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 08:16:48 PM »

Using Rockefeller's mold

Social Policy

Abortion: 100% pro-choice. This is a no-brainer. I support federal funding for Planned Parenthood and other women's health clinics.

Drugs: Legalize all drugs. Tax and heavily regulate them. Just don't sell heroin in the local CVS.

Censorship: 150% opposed to in any way, shape or form.

Gay marriage: Should be legalized at the federal level. It's 2013, love is love, equality shouldn't depend on residence, etc.

Death penalty: Morally opposed to state-sponsored killing.

Prostitution: Legalize it, regulate it, etc.

Church & state: Should be completely separate. This is not a theocracy.

Affirmative action: Honestly don't care.

Hate crime laws: No special laws for hate crimes.

Immigration: Completely open the borders and allow any and everyone in. We don't own the world and we should be seen as a good place to go to, not the place to fear because the white man thinks them damn Mexicans are all terrorists cuz they ain't white.

Stem cell research: Fully support federal funding of stem cell research. 

PATRIOT Act: 100% opposed.

Gun Control: No one needs an assault rifle to go hunting. No one needs extreme clips to defend their home. Background checks are groovy, too.

Assisted suicide: Also don't really care.

Gambling: why the hell not

Organ donation: This is a personal decision.

Term limits: No term limits for Congress or judges, but keep the 22nd Amendment.  Keep the seniority system in place in Congress. (this is Rockefeller's opinion, and mine too)

Statehood: Statehood for DC and PR would be cool

Voting age: Keep as is, but allow people who will turn 18 before election day to vote in primary elections. (I have also suggested an IQ test, but unfortunately that would restrict the Republican vote and that makes it illegal)

Campaign Finance Reform: Get corporations OUT of political donations. Corporations are not people and do not deserve the kind of influence they presently have.

Voter ID: No.

Economic Issues:

Welfare: I'm not super well researched on this issue, but I like the idea of welfare-to-work.

Unions: Without unions, minimum wage and work safety regulations would not exist. Let them live.

Privatization: No.

Environment: We only get one Earth man

Minimum wage: Raise it to $9 or $10 dollars an hour ("living wage") and index it to inflation.

Taxation: Progressive taxation is cool. Tax the top 10% at roughly 70-80% of their income.

Healthcare: Obamacare is cool but something in the vein of Britain's NHS would be amazing.

Trade: Not really well researched on this issue either. I know fair-trade coffee is good, though.

Embargo: No.

Pork: No
Subsidies: Increase agricultural subsidies; generously subsidize struggling industries. 

Military: DRASTICALLY cut military funding for operations overseas. Cut it somewhat at home as well.

Foreign Policy

War: Killing our fellow man is absolutely unnecessary and it makes me sick to think that we would seriously prioritize our national interests over human life.

Israel-Palestine: Two state solution is best solution.

Draft: No.

Nukes: No.

Foreign Aid:  Kinda mixed.

Overall: F[inks] conservatism
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2013, 10:22:12 AM »

Gonna pick a few

Drugs: Illegal drugs should be KEPT illegal. We should NOT END the War on Drugs,  but I think we should cut a LITTLE spending of the war.

That's right! Keep throwing them blacks in jail for smoking weed!

Guns: I strongly support the right to bear arms. No gun control!

That's right! Keep wondering why shootings happen so often, too!

Immigration: We should still secure our borders, but not spend so much on it.

Pure race is best race.

Hooray for intrusive Government!

Assisted suicide: No! Are you guys crazy?! You guys act like this is a normal thing to support! Physicians should help people change their minds about suicide when their they're depressed!  Maybe in a few scenarios it's OK, but it should be EXTREMELY RARE.

They're not depressed you dolt. They're in visceral pain because they are dying. God forbid they be put out of their misery as opposed to living in severe pain. Gotta love Conservatism.

Also, ftfy.

Oh good you're not entirely totalitarian.

War: Don't force us in one, but when it is necessary, we have to fight! Non-interventionism has NEVER WORKED in history!

Right, because history PROVES that people would prefer to be bombed and shot and murdered than not bombed, shot or murdered. Good.

Minimum Wage: Do NOT raise the minimum wage. Unemployment would rise drastically. Businesses couldn't afford to pay their workers. Prices on products will rise! More companies will outsource jobs because of this! We should not lower or end the minimum wage either, keep it at the same level.

Do you really understand WHY people get laid off when the Government says "we need you to pay your workers enough for them to actually LIVE and live comfortably in this country?" It's because those employers are selfish and greedy and decide to FIRE workers, so they can keep money. It's not that they won't be able to afford a minimum wage hike, it's because they REFUSE to give more of their money to pay for their workers. They know they can find someone who will work for 7.25 an hour and not complain about it. People get laid off because employers don't want to comply with minimum wage raises so they can keep their money, not because "big evil gubmint want da people to make enough money for their work."

Deregulation: Support. More government control is never the answer in economics. Do not over-deregulate though.

Of course! Give the banks and corporations MORE power! Makes sense.

Taxes: Lower them as much as possible, for both the poor, middle class, and rich. Don't abolish the income tax.

Not only is the bolded part a grammatically incorrect statement, it is also a morally incorrect statement. I don't think Conservatives understand how wealth inequality works.

Environment: More government regulation on the environment destroys business freedom. Encourage businesses to be more environmentally-friendly, do not force them!

Right, because the "encourage them, don't force them" policy has worked so well over the years.

Hint: that was sarcasm, it hasn't worked at all.

So, how do you guys think of my political stances?

Your politics are as terrible as your grammar.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 08:58:46 AM »

moderateheroland
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2013, 08:04:58 PM »

Social Policy
Abortion: 100% legal and federally funded until third trimester, then only if the mother's health is in danger.
Drugs: 100% legal
Censorship: f--k it
Gay marriage: 100% legal at the federal level
Death penalty: strongly oppose
Prostitution: 100% legal
Church & State: separate
Affirmative action: needed in most cases
Hate crime laws: needed in some cases
Immigration: ideally, have no restrictions on immigration. let anyone in. realistically, give amnesty to everyone here and drastically simplify the process to become a legal resident.
Stem cell research: 100% support
PATRIOT Act: repeal that garbage
Gun Control: support assault weapon bans and some restrictions on magazine bans as well as background checks, but that's about it.
Assisted suicide: if the patient wants it, let them have it.
Gambling: legal and heavily taxed

Electoral Reform:
Term limits: stupid
Statehood: give PR+DC statehood first and foremost
Voting age: 18.
Campaign Finance Reform: ban pacs and implement an individual donation cap
Voting system: f--k the electoral college
Gerrymandering: lol
Voter ID: f--k voter id laws

Economic Issues:
Welfare: keep it in the hands of the government, and have it be available on demand for those who need it.
Unions: approve
Privatization: ew
Environment: protect at all costs
Minimum wage: should be much, much higher. even $15 isn't really enough (thanks g_w)
Taxation: my thoughts on this are well known. brutally tax the top income brackets.
Healthcare: support a UK-type system
Trade: have a mix of free and fair trade, lean fair trade
Embargo: only in dire circumstances
Pork: get rid of corporate subsidies (thanks g_w)
Subsidies: see above
Military: drastically cut down

Foreign Policy
War: not needed unless we are attacked or are in imminent danger of being attacked
Israel-Palestine: support palestinian statehood
Draft: no.
UN: they a'ight
Nukes: : f--k em
Foreign Aid:   a nice idea, but doesn't always work out.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2014, 02:28:50 PM »

Copied the skeleton from others. Update, not much has changed.

Social Issues
Gay Marriage: 100% in favour of.
Drug War: Start with legal pot, then progressively move into legalizing harder drugs.
Abortion: 100% pro-choice, in favour of federal funding. Make it as convenient as is necessary, for when it is necessary.
Stem-Cell Research: 100% in favour of.
Education: Absolutely against common core. As a future teacher, I'm not at all a fan of the federal government creating a blanket educational standard. Leave curriculum creation to the individual districts and their teachers.
Capital punishment: 100% against.

Economic Issues
Taxation: Progressive income tax, topping out around 90% for the wealthiest 1%. Bottom 10% pay no taxes.
Minimum Wage: Would prefer a guaranteed income, but starting with $15/hr and going from there would likely work out better.
Healthcare: Implement a UK-type system.
Social Security: Don't privatize it, for the love of god.
Free Trade: Impractical and morally unsound. Prefer fair trade.
Unions/Right-to-work: 100% pro union.

Foreign Policy
Intervention: Very weary of military use. Would prefer cutting the military budget drastically and removing all bases from around the world, but I can't politically say that using military to prevent human rights abuses is wrong.
Afghanistan: End it.
Iraq: Should've ended a long time ago.
Iran: Stop fearing them.
Cuba: End the embargo.
Guantanamo: Why is it still open?
PATRIOT Act: Scrap that crap.

Other/Miscellaneous
Term Limits: It's called "voting out incumbents". (thanks, Patriotic Progressive)
Campaign Finance: Ban all donations by large corporations. Money is not speech. (thanks, Patriotic Progressive)
Electoral College: Abolish and switch to popular vote. (thanks, Patriotic Progressive)
FPTP: Switch to MMP or IRV. (thanks, Patriotic Progressive)

ya boi is still a crazy commie bastard.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies