Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:26:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 562561 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 18, 2010, 01:22:55 AM »
« edited: July 01, 2020, 06:52:43 PM by MyRescueKittehRocks »

Economic

Taxation: Abolish Income Tax and replace it with with 15% national sales tax
Abolish IRS and let the states handle it. Reduce Corporate Income Tax by 90%

Unions: Support right to work. Unions in some ways have overstepped their purpose

Social Security: let those under 35 opt out and create their own medical savings account

Trade: free trade with sharp opposition to NAFTA CAFTA and GATT due to their corruption of American sovereignty

Education: free market system, defend rights of homeschoolers, let students study all competitive worldviews

Budget and Debt: Support line item veto and Balanced Budget Amendments. Consider return to commodity based currency

Social

Abortion: End it. Emphasize adoption. States are the best way to do this not the Federal government

Marriage: States Rights  but support gay marriage bans. Teach "covenant  love" abstinence should be taught

Gun rights: Full Support of them. It's the best defense should the government go rogue

Drugs: Keep hard drugs illegal, we need further dialoge on marijuana

Privacy: Abolish Patriot Act and all related legislation. 4th Amendment Doesn't allow invasive searches just to fly.

Reparations: No

Antifa and BLM are to be designated as terrorist organizations. While I support the protests I oppose the violent destruction of lives and property.

Monuments and flags depicting Confederates in a positive light must be left as they are and if defaced,
I support the Trump administrations plan of 10 years in prison and community service to clean up and restore the monument.

Foreign Policy

I believe in a firm stand of noninterventionism. It is not right that America has been pursuing an agenda of empire. No entangeling alliances

Foreign Aid: eliminate all foreign aid

Israel: The Jewish people had an indelible impact in the founding of the United States. The existence of Israel as a modern country was politically fought for by the United States.

In light of recent unrest in the Middle East as well as protestings in Wisconsion and Indiana:
I oppose the Muslim Brotherhood as an enemy to the peace process. Why didn't Reagan deal with that evil dictator Quadaffi I don't know. However, we need to stay out of this and let their people handle their own internal affairs. But if one of those nations attacks the US, you would feel what level of military action in compliance with Christian Just War teaching

Regarding the protests in Madison and Indianapolis:
The actions of the Democrats in both cases are nothing short of deplorable. We all know that the unions are in bed with the Democrat Party and that is why they walked out in both cases. Both pieces of legislation in question are needed and must be passed.

Political Reforms:

Rank Choice voting (Purpose is to break the party duopoly)
Preserve, protect, and defend the electoral college
All 50 states adopt Maine/Nebraska model
Adopt Cube Root Rule to increase congressional representation to account for the new parties being in congress
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 03:19:54 AM »

Good views overall feeblepizza. My economics are closer to the Austrian School but you do have some good points. I like the gold standard and a flat/fair tax and a balanced budget amendment, but the protectionism is a bit puzzling. I'm against NAFTA, CAFTA,GATT but I'm in favor of free trade.

Socially I agree whole heartedly minus the Patriot Act.

Foreign Policy, We should just leave Iraq and Afganistan. I oppose a two state solution with regards to Israel and the Palestinans. They already have one. It's called Jordan. Besides in the long run Israel is gonna be much more important issue in the coming generations. North Korea will be part of South Korea before 2020.. You can bank on the Korea statement. Iran is more of a wait and see approach.

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 05:36:23 PM »

@ Free the Weed: Why do you hate fundies so much? Most of the founders were fundies.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 06:07:04 PM »

@ Free the Weed: Why do you hate fundies so much? Most of the founders were fundies.

It's interesting that you use the term "fundies" without scare quotes or quotation marks.

Because I am one.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 05:26:21 PM »

Frodo, Excellent view of the second amendment along with the Finland model.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies