Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:10:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 562334 times)
reagan84
Rookie
« on: November 07, 2010, 09:33:22 PM »
« edited: November 07, 2010, 09:47:19 PM by reagan84 »

Just took the Compass test.  It came back as Economic +3.77  Social +5.22
Sounds about right for me and pretty mainstream for Alabama.  I consider myself a "common sense conservative"  I know that's a phrase that many people hate but I think it applies well to me.  I lean right on about 90% of the issues but few of my positions would be called "extreme."
Social issues:
Abortion- pro-life with exceptions for rape, incest, life of mother
Gay rights- no marriage but civil unions okay.
Race- end affirmative action, enforce laws against racial discrimination. color blind.
Immigration-strongly support border enforcement first, path to legal residence but no chance for citizenship for illegals already here unless they go home and re-apply, punish employers who hire illegals. No mass deportations.
Education- support vouchers  
Crime- tough on serious crime, softer approach for petty offenses.  Keep marijuana ban but treat it like a speeding ticket.  Death penalty only for mass murder and extremely gruesome situations (eg. dragging death of a black man)
Health care- no government takeover, vouchers for poor, agreed with Obama about allowing those under 26 to remain on parent's plan.  

Economic:
-favor significant  tax cuts across the board as well as reduction in spending
-no more nation building, not an isolationist but more non-intervention in foreign policy though I am a supporter of Israel.
-strongly opposed to national sales tax, would hurt young people and lower class very much.
-favor progressive taxes but it should be flatter and lower
-generally support free trade but don't surrender national sovereignty.
-favor more regulations on business than most fiscal conservatives to protect human rights with "reasonable" environmental protection. Would probably oppose cap and trade.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies