Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:07:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 563609 times)
World Mapping
Rookie
United States

« on: December 30, 2022, 10:32:49 PM »
« edited: December 30, 2022, 11:02:38 PM by World Mapping »

SOCIAL ISSUES
------------------
ABORTION: Pro-life; abortion should be illegal in all cases save for the life of the mother being in danger, or if the mother will suffer a crippling impairment should she give birth. If any of those circumstances apply, the doctors should do everything they can to save both lives, leaving abortion as a last resort. Once artificial wombs come about, abortion should be fully illegal.

SAME-SEX MARRIAGE: Against; marriage is between one man and one woman. Children are better off having a mother and a father than two moms or two dads. Most people who end up LGBT+ were abused as children; they need HELP, not perpetuation of mental illness.

LEGALIZATION OF DRUGS: Against.

GUN CONTROL: I can get behind waiting periods, background checks, psychological health checks, and perhaps mandatory gun safety classes, but I'm not willing to go further than that.

PROSTITUTION: Should be banned in all jurisdictions of the United States.

AFFIRMATIVE ACTION: Against; it's reverse-racism. America should be a colorblind, gender-blind meritocracy, with everyone on EQUAL playing ground. Affirmative Action should be banned in all jurisdictions of the United States.

REPARATIONS: Strongly against. I believe that nobody should be punished for the sins of their ancestors; people who never owned slaves shouldn't have to pay people who were never slaves. I'm a black man myself; my father is from Uganda, and likely has ancestors who sold their rivals to Arab slave traders. Not my father, myself, or anyone else in my family owes anything, and we aren't owed anything. If DREAMers shouldn't be deported, then the argument for reparations is already destroyed.

POLICE REFORM: Support, but strongly against abolishing the police. The police should also be FUNDED, not defunded.

PRIVATE PRISONS: Should be abolished in all jurisdictions of the United States. Law enforcement shouldn't be a for-profit business.

IMMIGRATION:
I. Every illegal immigrant that comes, or has already come (as an adult) should be deported.
II. Illegal immigrants shouldn't be entitled to college, etc. The fact that they are, here in America, is nonsensical.
III. Charge companies that employ illegal immigrants.
IV. Illegal immigrants that came as children should be given a pathway to citizenship.
V. The U.S.-Mexico border wall should be constructed.
VI. The extent of the U.S.-Mexico border should be mined, except for legal crossing points (with signs in English and Spanish warning of mines).
VII. An immigration moratorium should be put in place for the next ~60 years, to assimilate all the recent newcomers. The U.S. should, in general, adopt assimilationist immigration policies.
VIII. In general, it's better to keep native birthrates up than to be too dependent on immigrants.

MASK MANDATES: Unsure.

VACCINE MANDATES: Against; vaccine mandates are unconstitutional.

ECONOMIC ISSUES
----------------------
TRADE: Protectionist; free trade should be limited to the Anglosphere only.

TAX: Reform to a flat tax.

HEALTHCARE: Privatize.

SOCIAL SECURITY: Support for those unable to get work, but everyone who is able to should be working; lazy freeloaders shouldn't get a dime from the government.

NATIONAL DEBT: Too high; we need a constitutional amendment requiring Congress and the President to create a balanced budget at the start of every fiscal year.

CAMPAIGN FINANCE REFORM: Support.

UNIONS: Unsure.

TARIFFS: Raise.

OUTSOURCING: Strongly oppose; should be banned if possible.

MONOPOLIES: Do some Teddy Roosevelt-ing(TM) and bust the crap out of them.

FOREIGN POLICY
-------------------
FOREIGN RELATIONS: Isolationist; we shouldn't intervene outside the New World unless absolutely necessary.

FOREIGN AID: Cut off most nations outside of Latin America; we should focus on aiding Latin America, to stabilize these nations and end the current illegal immigration crisis.

UN FUNDING: Cut entirely, and withdraw from the UN.

NATO: Withdraw, and replace with an Asia-Pacific alliance to combat Communist China.

WHO: Withdraw.

PARIS AGREEMENT: Withdraw.

AFGHANISTAN: Withdrawal was a disaster; we should never repeat the same mistake again.

IRAQ: No political involvement there.

IRAN: No political involvement there.

CUBA: Overthrow the current regime (same with Nicaragua, Venezuela, and Bolivia).

CHINA: The biggest external threat to the United States this century; we should show them no mercy.

RUSSIA: Use them as an ally against the CCP (which is a far greater threat than Russia ever will be in the foreseeable future).

EDUCATION
-------------
EVOLUTION: Should be taught.

SCHOOL PRAYER: Individual students should be allowed to pray. If teachers wish to lead prayer, then they should be allowed with willing participants, in settings like before a football game, etc.

SCHOOL CHOICE: Strongly support.

CRITICAL RACE THEORY/LGBT+: Should not be taught in school.

FREE COLLEGE: Reform the student loans system.

FREE SCHOOL MEALS: Unsure.

ENVIRONMENT
-----------------
CLIMATE CHANGE: Strongly support taking action against it.

GREEN NEW DEAL: Oppose; transitioning to cleaner energy should be more gradual, not rushed.

CARBON TAX: Oppose.

KEYSTONE PIPELINE: Support.

ELECTIONS & DEMOCRACY
------------------------------
ELECTORAL COLLEGE: Keep, but allocate electoral votes proportionally, based on the popular vote in each state (i.e. if Generic Republican wins 50% of a state's PV, he/she wins 50% of that state's EVs).

PARTISAN GERRYMANDERING: Should be banned in all jurisdictions of the United States.

TERM LIMITS:
President: 6 years, non-renewable.
Vice-President: 6 years, non-renewable.
Senate: 6 years, renewable once.
House of Representatives: 2 years, renewable thrice.
Cabinet: 6 years, renewable indefinitely.

OFFICE AGE LIMITS: Support; all people in government should have mandatory retirement upon turning 65.

VOTING: Voters should be required to take a civics test in order to obtain a voter ID once they reach voting age.

VOTER ID: Should be required in every election via constitutional amendment.

VOTING AGE: 18 for federal elections; states should have the power to allow 16 y/os to vote in local elections if they wish.

VOTING SYSTEM: Instate ranked choice voting, and have House seats determined by the national PV% of each party. The two-party system is too polarized, and a somewhat more multi-party system should be encouraged.

CONSTITUTION: Is an overall wonderful document, but needs some changes (Pro-Life, Balanced Budget, and Voter ID amendments, etc). I support calling an Article V Convention.

SUPREME COURT: Should be reformed, but I'm weary of politicizing it too much.

STATEHOOD: Support for Guam, the CNMI, the USVI, and American Samoa. Unsure about Puerto Rico, though; perhaps after assimilation and fixing the island up.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies