Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:37:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 563376 times)
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -7.74

« on: May 06, 2009, 05:25:57 PM »

Social Issues
Abortion: Minor restrictions, though still pretty much universal access. Also, huge stem cell research grants.
Separation of church and state: Total. I even want Under God out of the pledge.
Affirmative action: I would like to see it switch to economics. A wealthy minority has a level playing field with a wealthy white.
Gun control: Reasonable restraints- safety locks, waiting periods, no armor piercing bullets. I believe assault weapons should have some restrictions.
Death penalty: Absolutely not. Put 'em in a 6x6 cell their whole life.
Flag burning: Offends me, but I feel it is legal.
Euthanasia: Yes, there's a point where people in pain have a right to end it.
Gay Marriage: Absolutely- it is a civil right.
Prostitution: Legalize it and tax/regulate it.
Immigration: No fence, increase immigrants allowed in, aid Mexico so we don't get as many illegals.
Drugs: Marijuana should be legalized, and taxed like crazy. It also should be a widely available medicine.
More Civil Liberties: destroy the patriot act. It reads like something from the McCarthy era.

Economic Issues
Taxes: Current system, with increase in taxes for wealthy, decrease for middle and working classes. Lower sales tax if possible. Keep estate tax, though perhaps raise the minimum threshold for paying it. Corporate tax should be restored to Clinton levels. On a state level, Texas should create an income tax and lower property and sales taxes.
Health Care: Universal Health care is a must, unless we somehow can drastically lower costs privately.
Trade: End outsourcing, but free trade in a few cases.
Spending: Cut missile defense and other Cold War-era military expenditures that are obsolete. We do, however, need to increase counterterrrorism and raw manpower. Socially, review programs and reform the system to improve it.
Welfare: I support slightly expanding this system. My philosophy is a leg up, not a hand out or a kick down.
Education: Remove standardized testing, at least at the high school level, we have finals for this. National curriculum. Incentives for higher learning.
Regulations: Restore regulations that were removed in the last 30 years. Drastically increase environmental standards. Higher minimum wage.
Energy: Greatly increase alternative fuel. More nuclear power.
NASA: Greatly expand, there is a great value to research in space.
Transportation: Higher fuel economy. Push for subways and other mass transit modes.

Foreign Policy
Military Involvement: No preemptive wars. End Iraq, focus on Afghanistan.
Israel: 2 states desperately needed. Stop giving preference to Israel, they are just as bad as the Palestinians. This should be a top priority.
Cuba: Open 'er up! This is a missed opportunity.
North Korea/Iran: Open up a dialogue and see what we can do. It may not be ideal, but it's definitely better than what we've been doing.
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -7.74

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 01:06:32 AM »

Well, obviously. Winston made it clear that he wants gun owners lined up and shot, what makes you think you're any different?

Tongue

I would ban guns and compensate owners. Anyone found to be breaking the law after that would face the penalty.
So you'll punish people with guns... by shooting them with guns? You don't see anything at all ironic or contradictory about that?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies