Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:51:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 556523 times)
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« on: March 25, 2009, 04:14:24 PM »
« edited: March 25, 2009, 04:21:03 PM by Lewis of Eurabia »

Social:
Political correctness/Affirmative action: Scrap it immediately, it's reverse discrimination.
Censorship: Limit it as much as possible.
Ages of consent: Lower sexual age to 14, raise alcohol to 21.
Education: Make Modern Foreign Languages compulsory for GCSE options again. Abolish school uniform.
Healthcare: Increase spending.
Welfare: Slash unemployment benefits drastically for those who arent proven to be 'seeking work'. End building council houses.
Minimum wage: Raise it.
Death penalty: Bring it back for treason, murder, possession of a firearm.
Drugs: Use harder methods to crack down on it. Shoot drug dealers. Raise cannabis back to Class B.

Constitutional:
Devolution: Devolve completely, to make a federal Britain. Scotland, England, Wales, Ulster, Guernsey and Jersey should all have parliaments.
Democracy: Direct democracy.
Voting method: Change to D'hondt proportional representation.
Voting age: Lower to 17

Economic:
Industry: Provide incentives for new businesses.
Regulation: Deregulate to allow a freer market.
Currency: Look into backing the pound with gold/silver. Reintroduce the Half-penny.

Foreign:
Special Relationship: Maintain as long as the US will back British interests.
Iraq: Withdraw
Afghanistan: Increase troop levels.
Military Involvement: Only go to war to defend Britain or British interests.
Foreign organisations: Quit the EU, join EFTA, strengthen the Commonwealth.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 04:31:55 PM »

(I’m basing this on UK issues)

Social Issues (Social Liberal, with a few notable exceptions)

Abortion : Leave as it is.
Gay Rights : Legalise gay marriage.
Illegal Immigration : Throw them in gaol.
Guns : Keep guns illegal.
Flag Burning : Let them do it.
War on Drugs : Legalise cannabis, keep everything else the same.
Smoking : Leave it as it is.
Death Penalty : Execute murderers, terrorists, spies
Censorship :  End it, altogether. No more banned films, no more censoring swear words on radio.
Prostitution : Legalise it, altogether.
Affirmative Action : is reverse discrimination.
Stem Cell Research : Support 100%
Alcohol : Raise drinking age to 21
Assisted-Suicide :  Yes, as long as they are of sound mind.
Cloning : No.

Foreign Policy (Isolationist, Commonwealth based)

Israel : Support it with aid.
Intervention : Oppose, quit NATO, the EU, and the WTO.
North Korea : Refuse to speak to them until they disarm their nuclear weapons.
Iran : As long as they wage nothing against Britain, leave them alone.
Iraq : Leave.
Defense Spending : Cut slightly.
Military : Maintain at current levels.
Torture : Oppose, in all cases.
War on Terror : Support, reluctantly.

Economic Policy (Austrian School)

Government Spending : Oppose, completely.
Unions :  Don’t guarantee the rights of strikers.
Free Trade : Support, completely. No exceptions.
Environment :  Fight pollution as much as possible, get rid of all these stupid climate change taxes. Global warming is not a threat.
Minimum Wage : Against raising it.
Social Security : Privatize it, at least partially.
Taxes : Abolish inheritance, income, capital gains tax. Increase duties on alcohol, tobacco etc.
Education : Support Vouchers.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 06:33:05 AM »

^ I like you. We need more Republicans like you.

Totally agreed. NiK is a great poster.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 03:41:06 PM »

Ok, my final final final summary.

Constitutional

Constitution - Create a constitution based partially on the 1689 Bill of Rights. Also include other important elements of modern democracy in it. Lower voting age to 16 or 17.

Monarchy - Abolish them, they set a bad example to the rest of us.

Devolution - Continue to devolve powers to Scotland, NI and Wales. Set up Parliament in Northern Ireland and allow all three more power in local rights. Set up an English Parliament too.

House of Lords - Abolish and replace with a House of Merits, made up of intellectuals approved by referendum. This would help reinforce Britain as a meritocracy

Separation of Powers - Give the British Supreme Court more power, once it is formed. Create the post of President and give some executive powers to it, while giving other important powers, such as the declaration of war, to the Commons.

Elections - Set fixed term elections - every 3 years for parliamentary and every 5 years for President, who will also have the power to appoint a Prime Minister from the largest party in Parliament, which approval from Parliament. Look further into either introducing proportional representation, or reforming First Past the Post. Bring back university seats.

Referenda - To be used for proposed constitutional amendments.

Secularism - Disestablish the Churches of England and Scotland, like we should have done 100 years ago.

Economic

Central Banking - Strip the Bank of England's monopoly on note of issue and allow private banks to issue money, as long as it is backed by gold. Allow the Bank of England to keep a reserve of gold. Also, let each private bank set it's own rate of interest. Encourage full-reserve banking

Currency - Back with gold. Look into the use of e-gold as well.

Taxation - Abolish all climate change levies and death duty. Reduce petrol duty while increasing duty on alcohol and cigarettes. Introduce duties on cannabis, coffee, salt. Slash income tax to 10 pence in the pound and gradually reduce it with the aim of eventually abolishing it. Reduce purchase tax to 10%.

Regulation - Abolish the CDS market, it's a major threat to capitalism. Regulate derivatives somewhat more carefully. Legalise insider trading and relax anti-trust law.

Private and public sector - Privatise the post office and Social Security. Possibly privatise the NHS.

National Debt - Work to reduce.

Social

Crime - Abolish all victimless crimes (including incest), along with the age of consent and the ages on smoking and alcohol consumption. Bring back the death penalty for murderers.

Education - Start comittee to look into how to reform the exam system. Raise school starting age to 6 and keep school leaving age at 16.

Gun Rights - Give everyone over 18 an assault rifle on request.

Abortion - Keep late term limit at around 6 months.

Gay rights - Legalise gay marriage, or preferably, stop the state defining marriage altogether.

Environment - Quit Kyoto Protocol. Push for use of solar and nuclear power over wind power.

Welfare - Privatise, with the exception of special allowances for the genuinely disabled.

Immigration - Restrict further. We really need to stop the country getting overpopulated.

Minimum wage - Abolish.

Political correctness - Scrap. Freedom of speech is more important.

Prostitution - Legalise completely.

Working day - Set limit at 10 hours a day.

Euthanasia - Legalise voluntary euthanasia. As for involuntary or non-voluntary, it amounts to murder.

Foreign

Foreign policy - Quit NATO, the EU and the WTO. Propose a customs union with Ireland. Stay out of other country's affairs generally, but offer mediation in conflicts such as in Israel.

Nuclear policy - Keep a strong nuclear deterrent.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 03:11:11 PM »

Create new seats the way they were before abolition. And then hold elections for them.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 04:45:05 PM »

I will just list some of my beliefs.

Universal Health care: SUPPORT!
Gay marriage: Oppose
NAFTA: Oppose
Immigration reform: Support
Union rights: Support
Taxes: Lower
Social Security: Support
Stimulus/BAILOUTS: sUPPORT
Abortion: Strongly oppose
Affirmative action: oppose
Expanding public universities: Support!
War in Iraq: oppose
Drug legalization: HELL NO

You fail hard.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 06:32:24 PM »

The Constitution

The rotten state of our democracy is in urgent need of repair. The power of the state is concentrated too much in the hands of our executive office, in particular that of the Prime Minister. For example, Tony Blair was able to lead us into a war in Iraq without any form of consent from Parliament, had he so wished. I believe that the power to declare war should rest with our legislative body, Parliament, and in particular the House of Commons.

I favour the abolition of the House of Lords. It is ridiculous that in this day and age, we still have an unelected upper house, which only represents a tiny fraction of our population. It is time to do away with this, and replace it with a nonpartisan House of Merits that represents the most skilled, and the hardest working of our population, to further reinforce the power of the individual in our society. These would be chosen by referendum.

I also favour the abolition of the monarchy. The era where the few, privileged and lucky individuals who were born into high status rule over the country should end. Instead, we should elect a President every 5 years by popular vote, which would have the power to choose a Prime Minister from the largest party in Parliament, with the consent of the Commons.

Parliament should be elected every 3 years, and there should be more research done into the possibility of proportional representation, preferably by party list method. I also favour the restoration of university seats to our parliament. The size of our parliament should be set at around approximately 100,000 voters per member.

I believe in a codified British constitution, partially based on the 1689 Bill of Rights. This should include the right to free speech, freedom of assembly, freedom from censorship, and the right of habeas corpus. In addition, the constitution should protect individuals from harassment by government, whether sexuality, racial, religious, or gender based. Amendments to this constitution should be allowed to be ratified, with the consent of the people via referendum. To enforce this, the judiciary should be strengthened and the plans for a British Supreme Court should go ahead. Felons, the mentally ill and the bankrupt should be enfranchised and the voting age lowered to 16.

A balanced budget amendment should be contained within the constitution to encourage frugality, and to end serious deficits in budgets.

Devolution should be continued, and Northern Ireland should be granted a Parliament, as should England. These would have power over many local matters, while a National Parliament in Westminster would continue to deal with major issues like defence, law and order and education. Britain should also encourage the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man to hold a referendum on their status within the British nation.

The Church of England should be disestablished, as should the Church of Scotland. Secularism should be upheld, and government funding for religious schools of any sect should be curtailed.

The Privy Council would be abolished and replaced with a British State Council to advise the President on actions to be taken with regards to a Presidential veto in Parliament.

Social Issues

The death penalty (by firing squad) should be restored for crimes such as first degree murder, treason, espionage, sabotage and armed robbery. It should be regularly enforced to increase its use as a deterrent. In addition, the prison system should be hardened and the focus should be on deterring future criminals rather than on rehabilitating prisoners who may be mentally inclined towards violence.

All victimless crimes will be abolished, including the possession of narcotics. Shops and pharmacies will be allowed to apply for a licence to sell narcotics to those who are over 18. However, those who choose to take narcotics and end up suffering ailment or illness from the consumption of drugs will be exempt from NHS care and will have to pay privately. Street dealing will remain illegal and will be punished by prison sentence. Drugs will also be subject to excise duties from the Exchequer.

The age of consent will be abolished and prostitution will be legalised in brothels, but will require regular health checks to avoid the spread of venereal disease. The abortion late term limit will remain at its status quo.

The state shall not in any way define marriage, and there shall be no recognition for either heterosexual or homosexual relationships from the government. Adoption shall not be in any way hindered by the state.

Immigration should be encouraged for skilled workers looking for employment in the UK. However, illegal immigrants and immigrants who refuse to work should not be allowed residence and should be deported immediately.

All censorship by the government will be abolished and parents will be expected to make their own decisions as to the suitability of material for viewing by those who are of a young age.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 06:32:49 PM »

some more of my views, basically.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 05:44:49 PM »

Por que no te callas?
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 03:12:31 PM »

Actually, sorry to say this, but he's right on both counts.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 04:26:16 PM »

I'd love to know how you can with a straight face "support Israel 100%".

Because they're the only democracy in the Middle East, and were it not for the constant murdering of Israelis and the election of those subhuman trash Hamas, they would give the Palestinians more autonomy?
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 04:49:30 PM »

Surprisingly, I agree with you on alot of those, Change08.

Your positions on prostitution, minimum wage, elections and EU are pretty poor though.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 03:26:32 PM »

It's hard to give independence to a people who've elected a party who want Israel destroyed.

I support a two-state solution, and frankly, I think the Palestinians should simply all go on strike and refuse to work to force the Israelis to give them independence. Instead of using violence, they need to learn to use other methods that don't involve killing civilians.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 04:02:49 PM »

Ah, so you believe in democracy only when the right people are elected. Also, I thought you said you support Israel 1000%. Now you're advocating civil disobedience.

I believe in democracy all the time. All I'm saying is, don't be surprised if I don't have much sympathy for Palestine. I've suggested the best method of getting independence, and it would be nice if they could demonstrate peacefully rather than simply killing Israeli civilians and throwing more petrol onto the fire.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 04:12:39 PM »

Going on strike and demonstrating peacefully won't do anything. Israel has power. The Palestinians do not. They cannot divorce themselves from the system.

Yes it will. If the Palestinians refuse to work and stage mass strikes, there will be worldwide coverage, and the Israeli government will have a major crisis on their hands.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 10:31:43 AM »

I'm pretty much neutral over the death penalty now.. I don't know whether it's really used effectively.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 04:21:20 PM »

Abortion: Support full right to choose at early stages, but oppose late-term abortions without medical reasons

Death penalty: Oppose without any exceptions

Euthanasia: Support with strong regulations to prevent any abuse (uncureable diease must be confirmed and patient have to request this with a clear mind)

Gay rights: Support gay marriage, unions, anti-discriminatory laws and adoption rights

Sexual freedom: Age of contest should be 14 abolished

Taxes: Support progressive taxation

Budget: Balanced budget is a damn blind myth

Health care: Universal like in civilizied Europe Tongue

Energy: Support alternative sources as well as nuclear

Social security: Support

Gun rights: Heavy restrictions

Stem cell: Supports

Drugs: Marijuana should be legalized and be distributed under state control. It's much less harmful and, beside, legalization would hurt narcobusiness

Prostitution: Legalize; reasoning as above

Needs work.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 03:49:12 AM »

Abortion: Pro-life
Affirmative action: Oppose in most cases
Alternative Energies: Strongly, strongly, strongly support.
Social Security: Needs to be privatized. I think personal savings that can be stored in banks, earn interest, and help provide credit to others will work to stabilize the financial systems and social security is impossible to stabilize.
Bailouts: I oppose them on principle.
Unions: I support unions, but there needs to be a fair balance struck.
Gay marriage: Support.
Gays in the military: Support.
Taxes: Raise taxes to pay off the debt. Don't raise taxes and spend more.
Healthcare: Public option, please.
Free trade: Support with Canada and Mexico and the EU. Oppose with China and other rogue nations.
Iran: Economic sanctions.
Israel: Don't support their militarism, but also oppose any attempts to divide Israel.
Education: School vouchers, increased spending and construction of more public universities.
Iraq: Leave. Now.
Afghanistan: Get in and out as quickly as we can. We don't need to spend a century there.
Death penalty: Support.
Drug legalization: Only marijuana. Everything.
Illegal immigration: Build a wall. Enforce existing laws. No amnesty.
Prostitution: Oppose brothels and organized prostitution. If two people that know each other pay for sex, though, I don't really see how that is different from buying the girl dinner (well, it is, but it's still spending money to get the sex).
Guns: 2nd amendment forever.

That's all I can think of right now Tongue

Not too bad.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 03:09:22 PM »

Why do you support a flag burning ban? Surely that is freedom of expression.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 05:54:48 PM »

Free trade is 'yucky'? I think you'd find a majority of economicists disagree with you there.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 04:13:51 AM »

I Purple heart your views Mech.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 04:57:35 AM »

Abortion: Staunchly pro-life. Abortion is murder. Exception granted to save the life of the mother.

War: Opposed to all war except in self-defense against imminent attack or invasion. Oppose both Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Taxes: Abolish income taxes. Replace as much taxation as possible with voluntary user contributions.

Spending: Spend on nothing except to provide essential services to society. No spending to interfere with the economy as with bailouts or subsidies. Abolish nearly all government agencies and departments.

Healthcare: Go for all-or-nothing approach to healthcare. No half-assed corporatist schemes like Obamacare.

Gun control: Opposed completely. No restrictions whatsoever on concealed carry. Vermont is a good model for other states to follow.

Death Penalty: Opposed, though it is not on the same plane as abortion, which is far worse.

War on Drugs: The government has no right to dictate to anyone what they may choose to consume that would affect only their own body. End the war on drugs. Also abolish all restrictions on alcohol and tobacco, such as age limits.

PATRIOT Act/Homeland Security: Repeal it completely. Abolish the FBI, CIA, BATF and DHS.

Foreign Policy: Non-interventionism.

Palestine: Free Palestine from Zionist occupation. End all aid to the state of "Israel".

Not too bad. You need to drop the pro-life stuff and the generic anti-Israel stuff though.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 07:54:56 AM »

Abortion: Staunchly pro-life. Abortion is murder. Exception granted to save the life of the mother.

War: Opposed to all war except in self-defense against imminent attack or invasion. Oppose both Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Taxes: Abolish income taxes. Replace as much taxation as possible with voluntary user contributions.

Spending: Spend on nothing except to provide essential services to society. No spending to interfere with the economy as with bailouts or subsidies. Abolish nearly all government agencies and departments.

Healthcare: Go for all-or-nothing approach to healthcare. No half-assed corporatist schemes like Obamacare.

Gun control: Opposed completely. No restrictions whatsoever on concealed carry. Vermont is a good model for other states to follow.

Death Penalty: Opposed, though it is not on the same plane as abortion, which is far worse.

War on Drugs: The government has no right to dictate to anyone what they may choose to consume that would affect only their own body. End the war on drugs. Also abolish all restrictions on alcohol and tobacco, such as age limits.

PATRIOT Act/Homeland Security: Repeal it completely. Abolish the FBI, CIA, BATF and DHS.

Foreign Policy: Non-interventionism.

Palestine: Free Palestine from Zionist occupation. End all aid to the state of "Israel".

Not too bad. You need to drop the pro-life stuff and the generic anti-Israel stuff though.

No, I maintain consistency in my views. I think you need to drop the pro-death and pro-imperialism stuff. Wink

I don't hold either of those Sad
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 08:04:25 AM »

Ok, my final final final summary.

Constitutional

Constitution - Create a constitution based partially on the 1689 Bill of Rights. Also include other important elements of modern democracy in it. Lower voting age to 16 or 17.

Monarchy - Abolish them, they set a bad example to the rest of us.

Devolution - Continue to devolve powers to Scotland, NI and Wales. Set up Parliament in Northern Ireland and allow all three more power in local rights. Set up an English Parliament too. Set up regional assemblies with some local powers also.

House of Lords - Abolish and replace with a House of Merits, made up of intellectuals approved by referendum. This would help reinforce Britain as a meritocracy

Separation of Powers - Give the British Supreme Court more power, once it is formed. Create the post of President and give some executive powers to it, while giving other important powers, such as the declaration of war, to the Commons.

Elections - Set fixed term elections - every 3 years for parliamentary and every 5 years for President, who will also have the power to appoint a Prime Minister from the largest party in Parliament, which approval from Parliament. Look further into either introducing proportional representation, or reforming First Past the Post. Bring back university seats. Introduce STV.

Referenda - To be used for proposed constitutional amendments.

Secularism - Disestablish the Churches of England and Scotland, like we should have done 100 years ago.

Economic

Central Banking - Strip the Bank of England's monopoly on note of issue and allow private banks to issue money, as long as it is backed by gold. Allow the Bank of England to keep a reserve of gold. Also, let each private bank set it's own rate of interest. Encourage full-reserve banking

Currency - Back with gold. Look into the use of e-gold as well.

Taxation - Abolish all climate change levies and death duty. Reduce petrol duty while increasing duty on alcohol and cigarettes. Introduce duties on drugs, coffee, salt. Slash income tax to 10 pence in the pound and gradually reduce it with the aim of eventually abolishing it. Reduce purchase tax to 10%. Introduce LVT

Regulation - Abolish the CDS market, it's a major threat to capitalism. Regulate derivatives somewhat more carefully. Legalise insider trading relax anti-trust law.

Private and public sector - Privatise the post office and Social Security pensions. Possibly privatise the NHS. reform the NHS to a multi payer system

National Debt - Work to reduce.

Social

Crime - Abolish all victimless crimes (including incest), along with the age of consent and the ages on smoking and alcohol consumption. Bring back the death penalty for murderers. Make life imprisonment MEAN life

Education - Start comittee to look into how to reform the exam system. Raise school starting age to 6 and keep school leaving age at 16.

Gun Rights - Give everyone over 18 an assault rifle on request.

Abortion - Keep late term limit at around 6 months. Raise the week limit to 28 weeks.

Gay rights - Legalise gay marriage, or preferably, stop the state defining marriage altogether. Legalise gay adoption too.

Environment - Quit Kyoto Protocol. Push for use of solar and nuclear power over wind power.

Welfare - Privatise, with the exception of special allowances for the genuinely disabled. Create a means-tested system

Immigration - Restrict further. We really need to stop the country getting overpopulated. Open borders.

Minimum wage - Abolish.

Political correctness - Scrap. Freedom of speech is more important.

Prostitution - Legalise completely.

Working day - Set limit at 10 hours a day.

Euthanasia - Legalise voluntary euthanasia. As for involuntary or non-voluntary, it amounts to murder.

Foreign

Foreign policy - Quit NATO, the EU and the WTO. Propose a customs union with Ireland. Stay out of other country's affairs generally, but offer mediation in conflicts such as in Israel.

Nuclear policy - Keep a strong nuclear deterrent. End British nuclear armaments.

Made some amendments.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2010, 04:59:40 PM »

It's only right that we undo our interventionist damage by kicking the Jews out of the land they have no rightful claim to.

...Apart from the fact they were there for years before the Canaanites arrived. Yeah...
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies