Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:00:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 562476 times)
Radical Leftist
rainbow20
Rookie

« on: November 07, 2020, 04:54:16 PM »

Overall: Progressive Democrat
If I could vote I would vote a straight D ticket except for when Greens are available down-ballot.

Social Policy
Abortion: Support. No law can stop someone from having one, and people will go to extreme lengths if they are desperate.
Same-Sex Marriage: Support
Drugs: Decriminalize all drugs and legalize some, not all.
Criminal Justice: Major reforms are needed to move towards actual equality in the US.
Gun Control: Yes, but I do not support elimination of the Second Amendment.
Immigration: There should be some customs and border patrol to keep actual terrorists out of the country, but apart from that, anyone who wants to come to the US should be allowed to.
Police: I support the defunding of the police, but only to the extent of removing excess funds and apportioning those funds to underfunded areas in government.

Economic Policy
Minimum Wage: I strongly support a $15 minimum wage.
Tax Rates: I support increasing taxes on the rich, but not to an extent that they are brought down a tax bracket. Just enough to increase income equality.
Environment: We should cut carbon emissions by over 50% in the first 2 years of a Biden/Harris administration, and we should really start doing things like banning fracking and eliminating the production of gas-powered cars.

Electoral Reform
Electoral College: I strongly support elimination of the Electoral College.
Gerrymandering: Eliminate it.
Voting Age: I support lowering the voting age to 16.
Voter Registration: Automatic
Statehood: The states themself should have the power to decide whether or not they should be admitted into the Union. Before we pass an amendment dictating that, I strongly support statehood for DC, Puerto Rico and Guam.
Supreme Court: I'm neutral at the moment, I would like to see how ACB rules on the court before I make a decision on whether or not the number of SCOTUS seats should be expanded.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies