Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:59:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 563413 times)
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« on: July 13, 2020, 09:13:12 PM »
« edited: July 20, 2021, 09:44:01 PM by Western Democrat »

Economic Issues

Health Care: I support a Public option, and ideally it would be funded via payroll taxes and an income tax hike and would not involve any premiums. On top of this it should have the same reimbursement rates as medicare, and it should allow Medicare to negotiate prescription drug prices. One key element that I believe any serious Public Option should contain, is that it should automatically enroll anyone who is uninsured, and any newly born children. This will inevitably result in universal coverage. I’d also like to see the benefits it covers include what is currently covered by Medicare, along with dental, vision, and hearing. As a starting measure in absence of a Public Option, as is the case now, I support lowering the Medicare age to 50.

Minimum Wage: Raise to $15 per hour, index for inflation and make changes to accommodate rural areas.

Education: Make colleges tuition free for incomes under 150k.

Unions: I’m strongly supportive of proposals such as the PRO Act.  Along with that, I support repealing Taft-Hartley and the ending of all right to work laws. A strong labor movement is necessary for the growth of the middle and working class.

Social Security: Increase monthly benefits. Lift cap on SS payroll tax.

Trade: I am not particularly opposed to free trade as a concept, but I am strongly skeptical of free trade deals (NAFTA, TPP, etc..). Targeted Tariffs should be implemented to prevent outsourcing, and I believe we should deny government contracts to companies who outsource.

Taxes: I support a top rate of 50%, believe that capital gains should be taxed as ordinary income.

Social Issues-

Gun Rights: I oppose gun control in almost all forms, and am unabashedly Pro-2A. Firearm ownership is a matter of personal liberty and protect, and such rights should not be encroached upon.

Abortion: I am Pro-Life. Abortion should be limited and curtailed as much as possible, and I view it as a societal evil. There should be a ban on it after 6 weeks. I am willing to make exceptions case of rape, incest, and life of the mother. Under no circumstances should federal funds/taxpayer dollars should be used for the funding/subsidization of Abortions (I support the Hyde Amendment, the Helms Amendment, and the Mexico City policy etc.., and I also believe that groups like Planned Parenthood should no longer receive federal funding)

Death Penalty: Support

Drugs: Legalize Marijuana

Police reform: I do support demilitarization of Police, however I oppose more drastic measures such as cuts to police budgets. I do believe that we should end private prisons, however.

Foreign Policy

Keep military spending at current levels or increase where necessary. Increase spending on weaponry and technology procurement. Only cut where there is waste. I generally describe myself as an interventionist.

We need to take a tough stance on Russia and China. They are, without a doubt, our two biggest adversaries. A muscular and heavy military presence in Southeast Asia and Europe is essential. In regards to Europe, maintain a strong military presence in the Eastern part of the continent (Poland, Latvia, Romania, Ukraine) to deter and push back apon Russian influence and encroachment. The same goes for China, we must maintain our bases and increase arsenal in areas closer to China (specifically the Philippines and Guam) to contain, deter and counter the Chinese. Overall China and Russia are the biggest foreign threats to the US and must be opposed everywhere in the strongest possible way. I do not want war;no one does, but a strong international stance is, in my view, the best way to secure peace.

Other/Related stances:

-Increase number of military bases in Eastern Europe.

-Rejoin Iran Deal

-Pro-Israel. I have always supported a two state solution.

-Implement tough economic sanctions against Russia, North Korea, Iran, and China.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies