Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:39:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 563326 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 14, 2009, 10:34:01 PM »

Social Issues

General philosophy: Moderately Liberal

Abortion: Neutral. Work hard to find medical means by which to render abortion obsolete.
Separation of church and state: Support unconditionally. The day that an Atheist can be elected President will be a day to be long celebrated.
Marriage: Support gay marriage. I can accept civil unions in areas that will not accept full marriage yet.
Affirmative Action: Wronging people to make up for past wrongs is completely unacceptable.
Gun rights: It's a constitutional right. Limit gun ownership for convicts, though.
Death Penalty: Support in the most extreme circumstances.
Censorship: Not under any circumstance. Censorship is slavery.
Flag burning: Support of course. Non-violent political speech cannot be limited.
Hate crimes: Oppose. No one person should have greater protection under the law than another.
Hate speech: Oppose since it's unconstitutional.
Smoking: Public smoking is annoying, but it should be allowed anyway.
Alcohol consumption: Same as smoking.
Euthanasia: Support.
Drugs: Legalize all drugs.
Gambling: Completely legalize.
Prostitution: Legalize & regulate. Keep in brothels.
Embryonic Stem Cell Research: Support, though adult stem cells should be preferred given recent breakthroughs.
Immigration: Secure borders. Toss out any who commit crimes. If they have children here toss them out too.
Civil Liberties: These cannot be compromised.
Language: Making English the official language is pointless. To put things into perspective, it is already the official language of California.

Economic Issues

General Philosophy: Strongly Capitalist/Propertarian

Taxes: Combine with spending cuts to eliminate the deficit. Once the deficit has been eliminated or greatly reduced, cut as much as is possible while staying in the black.
Employers and Employees: No protection for strikers. If you can get fired any other time, you can get fired then too.
Free trade: Unconditionally support.
Spending: Vastly cut spending. Re-evaluate the role of the state.
Social Security: If people want to privately invest all of their earnings, it should be their right.
Space Program: Supporting science is necessary to remain a major power. Generally support.
Welfare: No welfare for anyone who has been unemployed for >2 months. Phase it out.
Healthcare: Support free-market solutions. Allow unlimited importation of drugs from Canada.
Education: Greatly reduce funding. Offer vouchers to attend accredited private schools.
Minimum Wage: Tie to inflation and forget about it. Preferably leave it at a fairly low rate, so as to not inhibit business growth.
Regulation: Kill all regulations except for those prohibiting abusive business practices (mainly anti-trust/anti-monopoly). Devote the BBB's resources to warning consumers of dangerous business practices.
Infrastructure: Support. Good infrastructure is necessary for a strong economy in the global market.
Energy Policy: Favor coal, oil, & nuclear for the time being. Research viable renewable resources.

Foreign Issues

General Philosophy: Rooseveltian

Democracy and Trade: Trade is good. Seek free trade with all other liberal democracies.
United Nations: Stay in the UN. Do not acquiesce to unreasonable demands, however.
Iraq: Oppose. Ought to finish it off, but hurry things up.
Israel: Don't support them so strongly. We are endangering ourselves.
Military Involvement: Talk softly and carry a big stick. Attack only if attacked, but be ready to demolish any enemy.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 11:38:27 AM »

Social Issues

General philosophy: Strongly Leftist

Abortion: Support legality, oppose use.
Separation of church and state: Support unconditionally. The day that an Atheist can be elected President will be a day to be long celebrated.
Marriage: Support gay marriage. I can accept civil unions in areas that will not accept full marriage yet.
Affirmative Action: Wronging people to make up for past wrongs is unacceptable. Do not infringe on the rights of businesses to engage in affirmative action practices.
Gun rights: It's a constitutional right. Limit gun ownership for convicts, though, as well as ownership of fully automatic weapons.
Death Penalty: Oppose.
Censorship: Not under any circumstance. Censorship is slavery.
Flag burning: Support of course. Non-violent political speech cannot be limited.
Hate crimes: Oppose. No one person should have greater protection under the law than another.
Hate speech: Oppose since it's unconstitutional.
Smoking: Public smoking is annoying, but it should be allowed by any free society anyway.
Alcohol consumption: Same as smoking.
Euthanasia: Support.
Drugs: Legalize all drugs.
Gambling: Completely legalize.
Prostitution: Legalize & regulate. Keep in brothels.
Embryonic Stem Cell Research: Support, though adult stem cells should be preferred given recent breakthroughs.
Immigration: Open borders. Get rid of illegals with a criminal record.
Civil Liberties: These cannot be compromised.
Language: Making English the official language is pointless.

Economic Issues

General Philosophy: Strongly Capitalist

Taxes: Combine with spending cuts to eliminate the deficit. Once the deficit has been eliminated or greatly reduced, cut as much as is possible while staying in the black.
Employers and Employees: No protection for strikers. If you can get fired any other time, you can get fired then too.
Free trade: Unconditionally support.
Spending: Vastly cut spending. Re-evaluate the role of the state.
Social Security: If people want to privately invest all of their earnings, it should be their right.
Space Program: Supporting science is necessary to remain a major power. Generally support.
Welfare: No welfare. Phase it out.
Healthcare: Support free-market solutions.
Education: Greatly reduce funding. Offer vouchers to attend accredited private schools.
Minimum Wage: Tie to inflation and forget about it. Leave it at a fairly low rate, so as to not inhibit business growth.
Regulation: Kill all regulations except for those prohibiting abusive business practices (mainly anti-trust/anti-monopoly). Devote the BBB's resources to warning consumers of dangerous business practices.
Infrastructure: Maintain current infrastructure. Do not waste money on expanding it.
Energy Policy: Favor coal, oil, & nuclear for the time being. Research viable renewable resources.

Foreign Issues

General Philosophy: Diplomatic

Democracy and Trade: Trade is good. Seek free trade with all other liberal democracies.
United Nations: Stay in the UN. Do not acquiesce to unreasonable demands, however.
Iraq: Oppose.
Iran: They are no threat. Ignore them.
North Korea: Use deterrance-based tactics. Work together with China to dissuade them from further agressive behavior.
Israel: Don't support them so strongly. We are endangering ourselves.
Military Involvement: Talk softly and carry a big stick. Attack only if attacked, but be ready to demolish any enemy.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 11:39:29 AM »

Everything else I kinda expected in some way shape or form, but this part sounds very dodgy to me...

I sincerely hope you're just over-exaggerating there.
Not Over exaggerating. If they won't let my religion live in peace ,then they should either die or get a big ass-whooping.

Oh dear, oh dear.

That's how I roll.

And it's very disturbing...

Eh... he's 14. He'll outgrow his extremism as he matures (hopefully). When I was younger, I (regrettably) held some extreme views as well. I believe I once said we should kill every gay because they added nothing to society. I hate who I was.

You too? I once said that homosexuality was going to be the end of western society.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies