Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:02:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 562893 times)
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« on: February 18, 2019, 07:49:20 PM »
« edited: February 18, 2019, 07:53:31 PM by dotard »

Constitutional Reform:

I believe the US should adopt a parliamentary system.  I think the senate and electoral college should be eliminated and the house should be bumped up to at least double its current number. The president’s power should be curtailed. I think we need a new VRA and should implement national vote by mail. I also think all redistricting should be done by independent commissions who have to meet certain requirements. I think PR and DC should be states (if both choose). I also support Rick Perry’s idea to reform the SC where you have the justices term limited and have someone’s term end every other year.

Social:

*Pro choice but we should be investing heavily in things like paid family leave and sex education to limit the number of abortions.

*Religious Freedom: Do what you want , I don’t care but “religious freedom” laws are dumb

*SSM: support but it’s not an issue anymore

*Drugs: Legalize marijuana and decriminalize everything else. Wipe everyone’s conviction charged with simple possession.

*Stem Cell: For

*Death Penalty: Should only be used very rarely in cases like serial killers and terrorists

*Guns: For Universal background checks , AW ban, more education, and stricter licensing

*Euthanasia: against

*Prostitution: Think it should be decriminalized but not outright legal

*Immigration: Support the 2013 comprehensive immigration reform.

Economics:
*Minimum wage: think federal MW should be raised but shouldn’t be a blanket number. Needs to be tied to cost of living and automatically raise with inflation

*Taxation: support a progressive tax system

*Healthcare: support universal healthcare but believe it should be done by expanding Medicaid to everyone who makes a certain percentage of the poverty line. I think people and companies who make over the line should be able to buy it directly from the government

*Education: I support the Finnish model. We need to be investing heavily in K-12 education in particular. I also believe that anyone whose family makes under a relatively high amount should get two free years of either Community College or Trade school. “Free college” is inherently regressive .

*Free Trade: strongly support. Tariffs are dumb.

Foreign: Think we should stick with our NATO allies. China is the biggest threat we face. I strongly believe that we should be focusing on human rights and democracy in the world but not in a neoncon way. Putin is not our friend.

Environment: I think we should be heavily investing in nuclear supplemented by renewables. The GND is dumb as is but I would support the idea with a serious proposal

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies