Summary of political beliefs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 09:03:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 63
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 556709 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: December 10, 2013, 07:43:34 AM »

Would a citizen's militia even be practicable? The way military technology is moving, the future is increasingly a small cadre of highly trained professionals not a massive civic army. Not to mention that despite what the NRA says, the militia in the American Revolution had pretty mediocre performance compared to the Continentals.

The point is to avoid war; in the event of an actual war where the U.S. is attacked, there would certainly be a temporary standing army established. But in peacetime, there's really no need for a standing, national army. Jefferson was absolutely correct about how dangerous standing armies are.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #901 on: December 10, 2013, 09:50:41 AM »

Social Policy:
Abortion: I support abortion during 1st semester, oppose after except some exceptions. Abortion should be funded.
Drugs: Oppose
Censorship: Support flag burning amendment, stand with Alito on Snyder Phelps.
Gay Marriage: Legal federally. What's really more important is protecting LGBT people from losing their jobs, eviction, etc. based on their sexual orientation or gender identity.
Death Penalty: Oppose, oppose life imprisonment without possibility of parole.
Prostitution: Mixed. Support prostitutes rights, but mixed on brothel.
Church & State: Church and State shouldn't be separated, like Germany.
Affirmative Action: Strongly support.
Hate Crime Laws: Support
Immigration: Strongly support, support Dream Act,...
Stem Cell Research: Support its expansion, including federal funding.
PATRIOT Act: Support
Gun Control: Staunchly support (I'm french). The NRA should be banned.
Assisted Suicide: Lean oppose
Gambling:Support legalization, but must be respected.

Electoral Reform:
Term Limits: Oppose
Statehood: Any territory that wants it should be granted statehood. Yes to Puerto Rico and DC. I don't agree with the attempts by sections of states to create new ones.
Voting Age: 18
Campaign Finance Reform: Support (french)
Voting System: keep this system.
Gerrymandering: Support independant commission.
Voter ID: Oppose in the USA, support in France.
Economics:
Welfare: Expand the current programs, no decreases in funding.
Unions: Strongly approve of the right to unionize. Oppose all right-to-work laws. Support Taft-Hardley Act repeal, support union shop.
Privatization: Oppose privatization of social security, schools, etc.
Environment: Ban tracking, band mountain-top mining, set water purity standards, protect all endangered species, invest in green energy, etc, etc, etc.
Minimum Wage: The Minimum Wage should be raised.
Taxation: Mixed.
Healthcare: ACA didn't go far enough. A single-payer is the best choice.
Subsidies: I support farm subsidies for low-income farmers.
Military: Increase veteran's benefits, military spending shouldn't be cut.
Education: Increase funding overall. Oppose creationism in schools and voucher programs.*

Foreign Policy:
War: Except Iraq War, I'm a ing hawk.
Israel-Palestine:: Support diplomacy between Israel and Palestine.
Draft: Support, it can be necessary.
Nukes: Support new start treaty.
Foreign Aid: Good in most cases

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #902 on: December 10, 2013, 03:58:02 PM »
« Edited: December 14, 2013, 03:12:18 PM by Speaker Scott »

Social Policy:
Abortion: Generally support elective abortion.  I don't like late-term abortions, but those are extremely rare and usually done for medical purposes, and for that reason I still think it should be decided between a woman and her doctor, though I'm not completely opposed to ethical barriers.
Drugs: Support the legalization and taxation of marijuana, oppose legalization of most other drugs.
Censorship: I favor the V-chip.
Gay Marriage: Legal federally. Increase workplace protections for the LGBTQ community.
Death Penalty: Oppose.
Prostitution: I favor letting the states decide on this one.
Church & State: Favor voluntary school prayer, presence of God on money and in the Pledge
Affirmative Action: Generally oppose.  I'm more favorable to affirmative action on the basis of income, not on race.  Strongly oppose quotas.
Hate Crime Laws: Support.
Immigration: Support the DREAM Act as well as comprehensive reform of the immigration system.  Modernize the process, but crack down on drug cartels and consider efforts to improve Mexico's economy so as to discourage lawbreaking.
Stem Cell Research: Support its expansion, including federal funding.
PATRIOT Act: Strongly oppose; repeal all sections of the bill that permit unwarranted spying/wiretapping
Gun Control: Support conceal-carry, Manchin-Toomey.  Ban and destroy undetectable firearms.
Assisted Suicide: Support with heavy restrictions.
Gambling: Status quo.

Electoral Reform:
Term Limits: Oppose.
Statehood: Grant statehood to Puerto Rico and DC if the people of both territories agree to it.
Voting Age: I support lowering the voting age to 17.
Campaign Finance Reform: Pass the DISCLOSE Act, increase oversight of funds, ban campaign donations from recipients of government bailouts until bailout money is fully repaid.  Prohibit donations from corporations if a foreign national owns 20% or more of voting shares.
Gerrymandering: Abolish CDs, promote a more Parliamentarian system with IRV
Voter ID: Strongly oppose (critical issue)

Economics:
Welfare: Expand the current programs, but maintain work requirements and require able-bodied people on welfare to find work.  Expand the EITC.
Unions: Strongly approve of the right to unionize. Oppose all right-to-work laws.
Privatization: Oppose privatization of social security, schools, etc.
Environment: Ban mountain-top mining, set water purity standards, protect all endangered species, invest in green energy
Minimum Wage: Raise and index to inflation.
Taxation: Allow the Bush tax cuts to expire for wealthy individuals, cut them for individuals making below that.  Remove loopholes and reform the tax code to discourage outsourcing.
Healthcare: Single-payer.  At the moment, I favor either a German or French-based health care system with identity cards.
Subsidies: I support farm subsidies for low-income farmers.
Military: Increase veteran's benefits, drastically reduce military spending.
Education: Transition the current education system in the US to one that is more Finland-based and public.  Set higher standards for people who are in or training for the teaching profession.  Eliminate most standardized tests.

Foreign Policy:
War: Only as a last resort.
Israel-Palestine:: Support diplomacy between Israel and Palestine.
Draft: Strongly oppose.
Nukes: Support treaties which reduce nuclear arsenals.
Foreign Aid: Generally support, but reform our foreign aid policy so that there is more oversight over our dollars.

I guess I'd consider myself a Jon Tester-esque Christian Democrat? Tongue
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #903 on: December 17, 2013, 10:57:39 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2013, 02:54:51 PM by outofbox6 »

Abortion: legal until second trimester
Gay marriage: I personally support it, but perhaps it should be left up to the states
Immigration: extremely liberal here
Gun control: conservative
Environment: liberal here
As you can tell, I am more interested in social issues, like most young people.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #904 on: December 19, 2013, 06:21:47 PM »

Gay marriage: I personally support it, but perhaps it should be left up to the states

Yes, social issues are popular to talk about because they are easy, simplistic, and can be resolved with a simple answer. Economic and foreign policy issues though, are much more in depth and require explanations and certain policy preferment. Sure, you can be one way or the other, but its not like SSM where you're either just for it or against it, there are many extents and third ways you can take those kind of issues. I just wouldn't vote solely on social issues, as they are not even near as important as the other issues out there (economic, foreign policy, domestic). And thankfully I don't think you will by the color of your avatar Wink
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #905 on: December 19, 2013, 06:26:29 PM »

Yes, social issues are popular to talk about because they are easy, simplistic, and can be resolved with a simple answer. Economic and foreign policy issues though, are much more in depth and require explanations and certain policy preferment. Sure, you can be one way or the other, but its not like SSM where you're either just for it or against it, there are many extents and third ways you can take those kind of issues. I just wouldn't vote solely on social issues, as they are not even near as important as the other issues out there (economic, foreign policy, domestic). And thankfully I don't think you will by the color of your avatar Wink
Wow, I never thought about it like that!!!
Oh, and I lean right on foreign issues and economic issues.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #906 on: December 26, 2013, 10:49:40 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2015, 09:30:57 PM by Brewer »

Social Policy
Abortion: Completely pro-choice.
Drugs: Support legalizing marijuana. Get rid of mandatory minimums.
Censorship: Flag-burning amendment is stupid. Little radio or television censorship -- it's the job of the parents to regulate their children, not the government.
Gay Marriage: Legalize on federal level, support ENDA, etc.
Death Penalty: Ban it on a federal level.
Prostitution: Definitely a state issue.
Church and State: Oppose prayer in schools, could honestly care less about putting "In God We Trust" on money.
Affirmative Action: Support it.
Hate Crime Laws: There should be no such thing. A crime is a crime -- no regulating thoughts or opinions. These laws are blatantly unconstitutional.
Immigration: Support DREAM, comprehensive immigration reform.
Stem Cell Research: Expand it.
PATRIOT Act: I support most of it being repealed.
Gun Control: Support an assault weapons ban, magazine limits, and background checks.
Assisted Suicide: Leave it to the states.
Gambling: Legalize it federally.

Electoral Reform
Term Limits: The very notion behind these is absurd: don't trust voters to reelect their own representatives. What is the point of a democracy? End all term limits.
Statehood: Allow Puerto Rico and D.C. to enter the union with support from a majority of their citizens.
Voting Age: Support lowering voting age to 16.
Campaign Finance Reform: Require complete transparency, ban corporate donations.
Gerrymandering: Leave it up to a nonpartisan commission.
Voter ID: Completely oppose it. If you can make it to the polls, you should be able to vote.

Economics
Welfare: Support current programs.
Unions: Unions are the backbone of this country. Right-to-Work is absolutely un-American.
Environment: Invest in green energy and implement higher standards for gas mileage and the reduction of carbon pollution. Ensure that workers in fossil fuel industries are able to transition into other industries with government assistance as jobs in their industries are inevitably lost while we transition toward more renewable energy sources.
Minimum Wage: Raise across the country, proportional to the cost of living in each area, and index to inflation.
Taxation: No tax raises on middle/lower-class. No tax cuts for the rich, tax increases on them are necessary, however cut corporate taxes while closing tax loopholes.
Healthcare: Support the Affordable Care Act.
Trade: Pro-fair trade. Oppose new free trade agreements unless it can be proven that they will not be detrimental to American workers and wages.
Pork: I'm fine with it.
Subsidies: Support for low-income farmers, small farms.
Military: Cut funding, oppose Iraq, support Afghanistan and we should have made more of an attempt to assist moderate rebels in Syria. Completely support the Iran deal. Allow women to serve at frontlines.
Education: Anti-vouchers, complete support of public education. Oppose and repeal teacher tenure laws, expand funding, put technology in all classrooms.

Foreign Policy
War: Not a hawk, not non-interventionist. Supported Afghanistan but not Iraq. WWI and Vietnam were poor decisions.
Israel/Palestine: I'm pretty moderate on this issue. Support a two-state solution.
Draft: Never.
Nukes: Support START Treaty, but do not eliminate stockpile.
Foreign Aid: Minimal part of the federal budget -- make cuts only to increase efficiency.

Summary: Basically, I'm a mainstream liberal with some moderate tendencies.
So rightwing that I broke the Political Compass!
Rockingham

« Reply #907 on: January 09, 2014, 11:35:54 AM »

Not so. I find my social policies are, as whole, much more complex and in depth then the economic or foreign policies.
Rockingham

« Reply #908 on: January 09, 2014, 11:36:29 AM »
« Edited: January 09, 2014, 12:11:41 PM by So rightwing that I broke the Political Compass! »

These are my pipe dream policies. Obviously when I'm elected as an actual politician I would have to temper them for the sake of electability Sad

Social Policy

Abortion: To be classified as premeditated murder. I would prefer it to be applied retroactively to mothers and abortionists who committed it prior to the law's passage, but that's probably unrealistic given the numbers that would need to be imprisoned.

Drugs: I would be inclined to try out Singapore-esque policies. Death penalty for enablers/dealers. Not to sure on what specific punishment for users, but certainly harsh enough to serve as a disincentive.

Censorship:  Let the states and/or local governments decide. However any depictions of criminal sexual acts(except in cases where a permit for artistic license has been granted) would be banned. Furthermore and books/sites etc endorsing crimes or explaining how to commit/get away with said crimes would be banned.

Gay marriage: Leave to states, to be resolved once and for all by a referendum in all 50 states regarding it's acceptance or rejection of gay marriage from here on out. Thereafter the matter shall be considered closed permanently, since constant struggle and controversy is contrary to civic tranquility.

Prostitution: Legalize.

Church & State: Unsure about whether the separation of church and state is a good thing or not. The body politic needs a moral compass of some kind, and my feeling is that only religion can provide that.

Affirmative action: Racist nonsense.

Immigration: Basic economics- increase the supply of labour and it's price(wages) goes down. So, I would curtail immigration significantly.

PATRIOT Act: Expand it. Advancing technology only makes devestating acts of terrorism easier to commit.

Gun Control: Oppose all forms of gun control.

Economic Issues:

Welfare: Abolish, Kills incentive to work

Unions:  Abolish, kills jobs

Environment: Let the affected communities decide.

Minimum wage: Abolish. Kills jobs.

Taxation: Abolish, except for a VAT.

Healthcare: Abolish all public involvement

Trade:High tariffs to re-industrialize the nation.

Foreign Policy

Israel-Palestine: Unconditional support for Israel, as the only Western democracy in the Middle East we would be fools to not back them.

Draft: Consider reinstating

UN:  em.

Nukes: A good thing, prevent hostile countries from acquiring by any means necessary.

Foreign Aid: Is essentially bribery. Potentially useful, but put an end to any that is purely sentimental nonsense.

Iran: I've reached the point where invasion seems the only possible way to avert the disaster that Iranian nukes would be for Israel and the West.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #909 on: January 09, 2014, 06:51:58 PM »

Abortion: To be classified as premeditated murder. I would prefer it to be applied retroactively to mothers and abortionists who committed it prior to the law's passage, but that's probably unrealistic given the numbers that would need to be imprisoned.

That's also illegal.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #910 on: January 09, 2014, 06:58:19 PM »

That's also illegal.
Something tells me that with the terrifying fascist police state of social control he wants to implement, things like "rights" probably won't really matter.

What a paranoid, afraid person!
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #911 on: January 09, 2014, 07:31:09 PM »

Oh god.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #912 on: January 09, 2014, 07:43:17 PM »

Rockingham is a troll, err, "parody."  Here's another post of his on this thread from 2012.

If you haven't put him on ignore yet, I suggest you do so.
Rockingham

« Reply #913 on: January 11, 2014, 09:38:50 AM »

Rockingham is a troll, err, "parody."  Here's another post of his on this thread from 2012.

If you haven't put him on ignore yet, I suggest you do so.
False. And those confessions were not from me. Some leftwing troll hacked my account and made those posts so as to delegitimize my voice.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #914 on: January 20, 2014, 09:12:48 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2014, 03:34:48 PM by NE Rep SWE »

Social Policy:
Abortion: I'm mostly pro-choice, but I support a ban on partial-birth abortions. Proper sex education and easy access the birth control would lower the number of abortions.
Gay Marriage: There is no fathomable reason not to legalize it
Drugs: Legalize marijuana, lower the drinking age to 18, decriminalize harder drugs and treat drug use as a health issue, not a crime
Stem Cell Research: Stem Cell research saves lives
Death Penalty: I am 100% against capital punishment. The state should not be powerful enough to terminate the lives of its citizens
Gun control: Institute universal background checks, but nothing beyond that
Church and State: Church and state should be completely separate. Take "In God We Trust" off of our currency and make "E Pluribus Unum" our nation's motto
Affirmative Action: Race based AA is nothing more than reverse discrimination, however, I am somewhat more open to class based AA
Prostitution: Legalize
Euthanasia: Terminally ill patients should be allowed to end their lives

Economic Issues:
Minimum Wage: Increase it and tie it to inflation
Welfare: The notion of "Welfare Queens" is ridiculous. Nobody on welfare wants to be on welfare. Never cut welfare funding. If anything, increase funding, especially when the economy is poor and people need it most.
Right-to-Work: Unions are necessary to protect workers. Right-to-Work-For-Less is a more accurate name
Taxation: Cut taxes on lower and middle class, increase on the upper class, close tax loopholes, eliminate sales tax
Healthcare: Institute a single-payer system
Social Security: Never privatize Social Security
Trade: Free trade kills jobs
Deficit Spending: Deficits are not an inherently bad thing. Cutting spending during economic down times is one of the worst things you can do for growth
Debt Ceiling: There's no reason for it to exist in the first place
Education: More funding to public education, no school vouchers, standardized testing is pointless
Balanced Budget Amendment: No
Sequester: These cuts were designed specifically to be as painful as possible, so why are we keeping them in place?

Foreign Policy and National Security
Afghanistan: It's time to pull out. We can't nation build forever
Iraq: The Iraq War was completely useless and did nothing but humiliate us and take away troops that could be used to fight al Qaeda
Iran: Diplomacy is the best course of action. No more sanctions.
Syria: The United States has no interest getting involved
Cuba: End the travel ban and trade embargo
Military Spending: Cut drastically
PATRIOT Act: A disgusting bill. Repeal in its entirety
NSA Spying: Blatantly unconstitutional
Palestine: Recognize Palestine
Israel: Israel is our ally, but that doesn't mean we have to constantly suck up to them
Immigration: Make the legal immigration process much simpler, provide a path to citizenship for immigrants already living here
Guantanamo Bay: it's an embarrassing chapter in American history and it needs to be shut down

Environment
Climate Change: Climate change is real. Anyone who denies it is just kidding themself
Green Energy: Invest in alternate energy. It's good for the environment, creates jobs, and helps us achieve energy independence
Keystone XL Pipeline: It's not worth the huge negative impacts to create 35 jobs

Electoral Reform
Electoral College: Abolish it and have the president elected by popular vote
Gerrymandering: All districts should be drawn using the shortest split-line method
Term limits: We already have term limits, it's called voting out incumbents. Legislating is a complicated process, and we don't need congress filled with inexperienced legislators.
Campaign Finance Reform: All election campaigns should be funded by a limited pool of taxpayer money
Voter ID: Nothing more than voter suppression
Compulsory Voting: While I originally supported it, I now realize it creates more problems than it solve.
Voter Registration: Voter registration should be automatic
Voting Rights Act Preclearance: All fifty states should be required to get preclearance under the Voting Rights Act
Statehood: If a majority of citizens of a territory support statehood, than that territory should receive statehood
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #915 on: January 20, 2014, 09:19:12 PM »

Welcome! Smiley I agree with you on almost everything. What about class-based AA?
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #916 on: January 22, 2014, 01:18:36 AM »
« Edited: January 22, 2014, 01:35:17 AM by BrandenCordeiro »

Social Policy:
Abortion: I'm mostly pro-life, but I support allowing abortions in cases of rape or incest, or the health of mother is threatened. Proper sex education in schools would lower the number of abortions.
Gay Marriage: Legalize Gay Marriage, but don't punish religious institutions who refuse to marry gay couples.
Drugs: Legalize, tax, and regulate marijuana, keep all other illegal drugs illlegal.
Stem Cell Research: Leave research and funding to the private sector
Death Penalty: In support of the death penalty, but only if found guilty of the most heinous crime(s).
Gun control: In support of universal background checks, but nothing beyond that
Church and State: Church and state should be seperate, but keep "In God We Trust" on the dollar bill.
Affirmative Action: Don't support it, everyone deserves a fair shot.
Prostitution: Keep illegal.
Education: Support school vouchers, against national standards, teach to a student's potential, instead of uniform testing.
Immigration:  Enforce immigration laws; use defense funds to increase Border Patrol, deploy sensors, and build fences, prosecute businesses that hire illegal immigrants, support making English our official language, don't force high school students to take Spanish and other foreign languages if they don't want too, oppose prosecuting children of illegal immigrants.
Euthanasia: Allow euthanasia, as long as the patient passes a mental health examination and the doctor signs off on it.

Economic Issues:
Minimum Wage: Keep as is, leave it up to the states
Welfare: I support welfare for those who are actively looking for a job, or are involved in a job-training/educational program. Reform Welfare. Drug test people who recieve welfare.
Right-to-Work: Huge supporter of right-to-work laws.
Taxation: Cut taxes for all income groups.
Healthcare: open the markets so insurers can compete across state lines and drive down costs
Social Security: Reform and raise the retirement age to account for people living longer
Trade: Free trade benefits the consumer.
Deficit Spending: Cut spending
Debt Ceiling: Lower the debt ceiling

Afghanistan: Don't pull out not until all U.S. military leaders are confident the mission has been accomplished.
Iraq: The Iraq War was not completely useless. It allowed us to help liberate Iraq, and allowed us to show dictators in the Middle East that we are not messing around.
Iran: Strategically eliminate their nuclear bomb making capabilities
Syria: Don't get involved.
Cuba: End the travel ban.
Military Spending: Increase spending
PATRIOT Act: Support
NSA Spying: A little over the top, but neccessary to combat terrorism.
Palestine: Against Palestinian statehood

Environment
Climate Change: Climate change is real, but not as pressing of a problem as some on the left say it is. Not every natural event that occurs is because of climate change. I don't believe it is caused by humans.
Green Energy: Let the private marketplace decide.
Keystone XL Pipeline: Huge supporter of the Keystone Pipeline

Elector Reform
Electoral College: Abolish it and have the president elected by popular vote.
Gerrymandering: All districts should be drawn by an independent bi-partisan commision.
Term limits: In favor of term limits in Congress, and in the Supreme Court.
Campaign Finance Reform: Corporations should be allowed to fund political campaigns.
Voter ID: Don't see the big deal in enforcing showing an ID to vote...
Compulsory Voting: No, it is your decision whether or not you want to vote.
Voting Rights Act Preclearance: All fifty states should be required to get preclearance under the Voting Rights Act
Statehood: If a majority of citizens of a territory support statehood, than that territory should receive statehood
Vladimir
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.55, S: 8.26

« Reply #917 on: January 26, 2014, 05:01:12 PM »

Very socially conservative. A few examples;
Abortion: Only when the life of the mother is seriously threatened.
Gay "Marriage": Completely and totally illegal.
Drugs: Marijuana should be completely illegal, and I'm not too fond of alcohol or cigarettes but I realize those two would be nearly impossible to illegalize, so I'll tolerate them in moderation.
Church and State: Keep "In God we Trust", school prayers should be allowed but determined based on the school districts, freedom OF religion not FROM religion, take out the "Solemnly swear" parts of oaths and return to what it was, etc.

Moderately economically conservative. A few examples;
Taxes: Should be a universal tax rate from the bottom of the ladder to the very top, with the exception being the absolute poorest of the poor, whom should receive government assistance, but must prove they are actively trying to secure a job that can pay for themselves.
Deficit Spending: Slash spending across the board, with the only exceptions being education and the military.
Welfare: Only for the poorest of the poor, and drug test applicants.
Debt Ceiling: Lower, lower, LOWER!!!!
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #918 on: January 26, 2014, 05:24:05 PM »

Welcome! Good to see another solid conservative on the forum.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #919 on: January 26, 2014, 09:20:04 PM »

Drugs: Marijuana should be completely illegal, and I'm not too fond of alcohol or cigarettes but I realize those two would be nearly impossible to illegalize, so I'll tolerate them in moderation.
Church and State: Keep "In God we Trust", school prayers should be allowed but determined based on the school districts, freedom OF religion not FROM religion, take out the "Solemnly swear" parts of oaths and return to what it was, etc.

Taxes: Should be a universal tax rate from the bottom of the ladder to the very top, with the exception being the absolute poorest of the poor, whom should receive government assistance, but must prove they are actively trying to secure a job that can pay for themselves.
Deficit Spending: Slash spending across the board, with the only exceptions being education and the military.

May I be the first to say that you make me, as a gay man, an atheist, a man who thinks government shouldn't control what you put in your body, a man who believes that those who can afford it should give back to the community, who believes that science should lead the way on issues of women's health and that women shouldn't be made to carry their rapist's baby, that our military is bloated and needs to be cut, and that everyone deserves a basic standard of living, sick? I think you might find a certain other Vladimir to be a good friend of yours.
fivex
Rookie

« Reply #920 on: January 27, 2014, 03:47:59 AM »

...Do you really have Hitler quotes in your signature?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #921 on: January 27, 2014, 01:25:18 PM »

...Do you really have Hitler quotes in your signature?

No, the second one's Goebbels IIRC.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #922 on: February 08, 2014, 12:29:37 PM »

May I be the first to say that you make me, as a gay man, an atheist, a man who thinks government shouldn't control what you put in your body, a man who believes that those who can afford it should give back to the community, who believes that science should lead the way on issues of women's health and that women shouldn't be made to carry their rapist's baby, that our military is bloated and needs to be cut, and that everyone deserves a basic standard of living, sick? I think you might find a certain other Vladimir to be a good friend of yours.

Are you really losing your sh*t to an obvious troll?

Then again, I'd probably do the same thing.  THese trolls are like watching a train wreck.  So horrible, but you just got to watch.
Randy Bobandy
socialisthoosier
United States

« Reply #923 on: February 16, 2014, 11:26:20 AM »

Social Policy:
Abortion: If contraception and comprehensive sex education were freely available, abortion wouldn't even be such a huge issue. Until we correct these problems, we should keep all abortions, for women of all ages, safe and legal.
Gay Marriage: There is literally no reason not to legalize gay marriage.
Drugs: Legalize, tax, and regulate all currently scheduled drugs.
Stem Cell Research: Stem cells save lives. Fund the heck out of research.
Death Penalty: The state shouldn't endorse murder.
Gun control: I support background checks, nothing more.
Church and State: "In God We Trust", "E Pluribus Unum", etc. need to go.
Affirmative Action: I support class-based affirmative action.
Prostitution: Legalize!
Education: See: Finland. Also, school vouchers aren't such a bad idea.
Immigration: Bush II's immigration proposals were pretty nice. Also, the DREAM Act is great.
Euthanasia: Suicide is a right

Economic Issues:
Minimum Wage: Increase, increase, increase.
Welfare: We need to take care of those who can't work or can't find work.
Right-to-Work: Do you mean, right-to-be-subjugated?
Taxation: We're grossly under-taxed--especially our corporate overlords.
Healthcare: Obamacare doesn't go far enough. Start a public option.
Social Security: Raise the retirement age and payroll taxes.
Trade: I'm a tentative supporter of free trade. Overall, free trade should benefit the worker and not faceless corporations.
Deficit Spending: Deficits are not uniquely bad.
Debt Ceiling: Why is this even an issue?

Afghanistan: Pull out.
Iran: They're not a threat.
Syria: Doesn't matter.
Cuba: Greatest country in the world. End the travel ban and the trade embargo. Take some lessons from Fidel.
Military Spending: Abolish the military.
PATRIOT Act: Repeal.
NSA Spying: Totally ridiculous.
Palestine: The U.S. needs to stop being Israel's little lapdog. Palestine deserves statehood.

Environment
Climate Change: Climate change is an issue, and people who don't think so are blind.
Green Energy: Ramp up investment.
Keystone XL Pipeline: Tentative supporter.

Elector Reform
Electoral College: Why is it even still around?
Gerrymandering: All districts should be drawn by the voters themselves.
Term limits: I support term limits for members of Congress and federal judges.
Campaign Finance Reform: Corporates are so not people.
Voter ID: Might as well support it. After all, we don't want voter fraud.
Compulsory Voting: No.
Voting Rights Act Preclearance: All fifty states should be required to gain preclearance under the VRA.
Statehood: If a majority of citizens in a territory support statehood for that territory, then that territory should be a state.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #924 on: February 16, 2014, 11:28:42 AM »

99% of what you believe makes me cry tears of joy, but I'm not sure if the Voter ID thing is sarcasm or not. Also, why the E Pluribus Unum hate?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 63  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies