Summary of political beliefs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:43:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 562538 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: June 03, 2022, 02:42:21 PM »

Gonna use scuto's post as a template since we agree on most things:

abortion: on demand and make health insurance pay for it
birth control: on demand and make health insurance pay for it
same-sex marriage: gonna get same-sex married and anyone who tries to stop me can go to hell
legalization of drugs: full legalization of marijuana, no jail sentences for using other substances (but yes for dealing)
gun control: require license (training + background checks), ban military grade rifles (sane)
prostitution: nordic model
affirmative action: don't care
reparations: invest in places that need it, but there's no need to call it reparations and the whole debate is ridiculous and besides the point
police reform: make them much more accountable (Israel too)
private prisons: evil
big tech: bad, need to bust some monopolies
free speech: great stuff- the far-right with support from the mainstream media is brainwashing people anyway that free speech means bigots should be exempt from public criticism
patriot act: bad
eminent domain: don't care
immigration: the US is an immigrant nation and its economy needs immigration, make the process much easier, also abolish ICE. In Israel- reform the refugee system to be much less intentionally-sluggish, keep immigration laws as is
mask mandates: bad
vaccine mandates: good, though at this point no need
covid vaccines: great, the antivax are insane

free trade: good, with some limits
taxes: progressive income taxes, higher corporate and capital taxes, much less regressive sales taxes
healthcare: Israel's model is great- basically a bunch of public not-for-profit companies that you can choose from, and an ability to add some private healthcare as extra
social security: good stuff
national debt: keep it in check, reverse Republican tax cuts; Israel needs way more deficit spending
unions: very good and should be encouraged, but strikes by unions that can completely halt the economy (train company, teachers, port workers) need to have some limits
disability: living wage benefits
tariffs: bad, unless as a foreign policy tool used wisely
outsourcing: inevitable
monopolies: terrible

foreign aid: great
UN funding: fund it generally but defund joke committies like the human rights committee
WHO: stay but be more forceful in calling out their CCP apologia
paris deal: good, didn't go far enough
afghanistan: should've ended after a couple years
iraq: unjustified, dumb war
iran: should've never ended the nuclear deal, either strengthen sanctions or try to return to a sane nuclear deal without absurd concessions
cuba: normalize relations
china: act to counter them with positive steps (more global investment etc), defend Taiwan, engage respectfully but forcefully to make sure they remain in the global order
russia: keep up the economic and diplomatic isolation, pressure as many countries as possible to join, help Ukraine, until Putin is dead or resigns
section 230: ?

CRT: shut the f**k up
evolution: objectively real
school prayer: let students who want to pray do it in their own time, no organized prayers, it's creepy and bad
sallie mae: Huh
free college: not free, but subsidized
free school meals: duh

climate change: not good!
green new deal: catchy slogan, probably support some of the associated policies and oppose others
carbon tax: very good
keystone pipeline: keep it cancelled

big lie: a disproven lie meant to topple American democracy, anyone who legitimizes it is a fascist enemy of humanity
voter id: good but only coupled with free and easily accessible ids AND automatic voter registration
audits: don't care
term limits: status quo, but limit judge terms
DC: full statehood immediately
puerto rico: full statehood immediately
scotus: term limits, add more judges
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #1501 on: June 03, 2022, 10:31:51 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2022, 10:44:33 PM by America Needs Judas Iscariot »

national debt: support
abortion: support
big tech: support
evolution: support
Monopoly: somewhat support
Secret Hitler: strongly support
finland: support
salmiakki: support
gigabit internet: support
CBT: support
Kowloon Walled City: support
Alien(Scott, 1979): support
taxes: support
ukraine: support
ketchup on hotdogs: support
Taco Bell Spicy Potato Taco: support
The Core(Amiel, 2003): support
discrete mathematics education: support
AARP memberships for <50s: support
mandatory homosex: support
4x4s from In-N-Out: support
In-N-Out fries: strongly oppose
pickled herring: support
nuclear power: support
singapore: oppose
california: support
having two dakotas: oppose
london: support
george rr martin's writing habits: oppose
walkable urbanism: support
american whoppers: oppose
british malteasers: support
western obsession with white meat on chicken: strongly oppose
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1502 on: June 03, 2022, 11:11:59 PM »
« Edited: August 29, 2022, 01:38:03 PM by KaiserDave »

Copying Parrotguy and Scuto's format since they are cool

Abortion: Easy to access, almost always legal, with exceptions in the third trimester. Work to reduce the amount of abortions with access to contraception and social services. Oppose intact D&E unless mother's life is at risk or the fetus is already dead.
Birth Control: Legal on demand and all the time
Same-Sex Marriage: Total Marriage and Civil Equality.
Legalization of Drugs: Legalize, tax, and regulate marijuana. No jail sentences for any drug possession crimes, yes jail sentences for violent drug related crimes and dealing.
Gun control: Regulate like a car, licensing, proficiency test, background checks, ban on certain munitions and weapons.
Prostitution: Nordic Model
Affirmative Action: Honestly don't know for sure, but needed in some circumstances
Reparations: Big investments in places that need it, baby bonds, social services. Don't use the word "reparations" because that would be dumb.
Police Reform: Make them much more accountable, honestly I'm not sure about the details but there has to be substantial reform, there's something rotten and there has been for decades, especially with corruption and a culture of covering things up. No defund unless you have some seriously bloated budgets, also focuses on demilitarization.
Private Prisons: Awful
Big Tech: Very bad, regulate and break up monopolies.
Free Speech: Great, of course
Patriot Act: Bad, of course
Eminent Domain: Over-used
Immigration: More legal immigration and more refugees! I'm okay with controlling the border philosophically but not interested in sending money down an endless "secure the border" rabbit hole.
Mask Mandates: Opposed in almost all circumstances outside of hospitals and nursing homes.
Vaccine Mandates: Good at a time, no longer necessary
Covid Vaccines: Great achievement of science, I have no problem with receiving a yearly shot.

Free Trade: Largely sound with some exceptions. Or better said, flawed but much better than a system of unilateral trade agreements with tariffs.
Taxes: Progressive income taxes, higher capital gains taxes, much less regressive sales taxes. Redistributive progressive tax system. State property taxes should be gathered into a general fund and then distributed to schools as necessary.
Healthcare: I'm undecided on the exact system, but it should be universal, public, and free or nearly free at the point of purchase.
Social Security: Great raise the cap on social security taxes.
National Debt: No needless tax cuts.
Unions: Great! More private sector unions everywhere, public sector unions should exist but should be treated somewhat differently.
Disability: Public accommodations and living wage benefits.
Tariffs: Very dumb, unless as a foreign policy tool used wisely.
Outsourcing: Inevitable but still should be controlled and addressed where it happens.
Monopolies: Break them up

Foreign Aid: Great
UN Funding: Generally for, with exceptions
WHO: Stay but call out their BS
Paris Deal: Good but not sufficient
Afghanistan: We should have left after ObL was killed and we should have been a lot more clear to the world and too ourselves about what we wanted and aimed for at the start.
Iraq: Evil, never should have happened
Iran: Should have stayed in the nuclear deal, try and make a new one I guess, situation is pretty bad.
Cuba: Normalize Relations
China: Counter their global influence, support Taiwan, the tariffs aren't very smart though.
Russia: Strong pressure, keep up the sanctions, give Ukraine every weapon they ask for.
Section 230: I don't know what this is

CRT: I have no idea what this refers to anymore. Teach kids about racism in an appropriate way.
Evolution: Real
School prayer: Students can pray all they want, staff just can't organize or lead it.
Sallie Mae: I don't know enough, but don't under-regulate.
Free college: Not free, but more affordable
Free School Meals: Yep

Climate Change: The crisis of our times, man-made and already effecting us. Life on Earth is already going to change for the worse massively but we can reduce the damage.
Green New Deal: A patchwork of policies that I support most of
Carbon Tax: Good
Keystone Pipeline: No

2020 Election Lies: They are completely made up out of thin air, they are based on nothing except the ravings of an egotist madman.
Voter ID: Good but only coupled with free and easily accessible IDs and automatic voter registration
Audits: Of elections? Sure, I don't really care.
Term limits: Status quo, but limit judge terms.
DC: Some kind of representation arrangement or statehood.
Puerto Rico: Full statehood
SCOTUS: Term limits, possibly some kind of massive structural reform (SCOTUS picks their own members but has to be unanimous, Senate confirms) but I'm not sure.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #1503 on: June 04, 2022, 01:19:50 AM »
« Edited: June 04, 2022, 01:27:47 AM by The One Who Knocks »

Abortion: should be fully legal with means-tested subsidy
Birth Control: should be fully legal with universal availability
Same-Sex Marriage: should be fully legal
Legalization of Drugs: legalize marijuana; decriminalize everything else; research psychedelics, ibogaine, and ketamine for medical usages
Gun Control: current laws plus assault weapons ban, general age raise to 21, close of gun show loophole, and introduction of a voluntary buyback program
Prostitution: federally decriminalize independent prostitution; prosecute pimping more aggressively; allow local jurisdictions to legalize and regulate, nevada style
Affirmative Action: i support holistic assessments over checkbox ones and i think that generally affirmative action policies encourage decisionmakers to be more holistic than they would be otherwise and that affirmative action serves a crude but necessary function in addressing certain social ills
Reparations: yes in one form or another
Police Reform: we should make policing a professional career requiring a basic legal education and implement a strong moral code of conduct resembling the military's; we should also pay police significantly more in salary and benefits as a result of these higher qualification requirements, end qualified immunity, ban police unionization, transfer militarized police equipment to appropriate national and state guards, legally embolden civilian review boards and mandate their creation where they do not currently exist, and create new unarmed non-emergency response teams to serve in addition to police where a police response would not be appropriate. we should also peg military and police pay and benefits to teacher pay and benefits.
Private Prisons: ban
Big Tech: i think we should enforce the antitrust laws that our forefathers wisely gave us and break them up
Free Speech: almost everyone who isn't trying to be edgy says they support free speech in the abstract, so i think this is kind of a meaningless question
Patriot Act: i don't categorically oppose it but it went too far
Eminent Domain: i support eminent domain but it is currently overused and we do not compensate property owners who don't have poitical sway highly enough
Immigration: if the democratic party were openly importing millions of refugees from africa, central america, and the middle east as some conspiracy theorists claim, that would increase my opinion of the democratic party
Mask Mandates: generally opposed
Vaccine Mandates: generally in favor; religious exemptions should not be allowed, medical exemptions are perfectly fine
Covid Vaccines: if your opinion of the covid vaccine is negative i don't want to know you

Free Trade: depends on how you define it; critical support just because the main alternative (the prior system of unilateral trade agreements with higher tariffs) is worse
Taxes: pro land value tax, delink property taxation from public school funding, close income tax/capital gains tax gap, slightly raise corporate tax rate while eliminating deductions. dramatically expand the child tax credit as proposed in the american family act
Healthcare: drastically expand medicaid coverage, and introduce a universal medicare buy-in through an employer-matched W2 income tax. include dental, hearing, vision, reproductive, and mental healthcare in medicaid and medicare
Social Security: lockbox. enough said.
National Debt: should be an important consideration in times of prosperity so that it can be an afterthought in times of distress
Unions: we should pass a constitutional amendment banning so-called "right to work" legislation and dramatically expand the powers of the national labor relations board
Disability: should be better funded as curreny administered through social security
Tariffs: generally unwise, sometimes beneficial in the short term
Outsourcing: inevitable, should be taxed
Monopolies: there should be criminal prosecution options on the table for the worst monopolies

Foreign Aid: should dramatically expand for nations without human rights violations if we want to remain the leader of the free world, and i think that we should
UN Funding: we should expand the powers of the UN and be more involved in its activities
WHO: we should stay in the WHO even if they sometimes make silly decisions
Paris Deal: good but not sufficient
Afghanistan: joe biden had the courage to do the right thing when no one else was willing to and there was a lot of collateral damage because it had been so long and until the current administration our government had proved itself so shamefully cowardly in dealing with the public about the war. it will forever be a blemish on our legacy as a republic
Iraq: we should never have gone into iraq and i believed this at the time
Iran: we should have continued negotiating the iran nuclear deal and should avoid war with iran at almost all costs
Cuba: normalize relations entirely
China: an ancient and very complex society few understand and many claim to understand, we should see china as a competitor and not an adversary; we should support taiwan and counter china's military and economic influence where we can, including fighting chinese economic imperialism in africa
Russia: a primary adversary, they are a net negative political, economic, and military influence on the world currently; historically an unfairly humiliated nation of hardy, determined people
Section 230: strong support

CRT: i support critical race theory being taught at the level it is currently being largely taught at (university and law school) and think it offers a number of important insights we could benefit from absorbing as a society
Evolution: a fact
School prayer: student prayer is perfectly fine, and if staff want to lead extracurricular religious clubs that is fine, but school or teacher led prayer in class should not be allowed
Sallie Mae: regulate
Free college: make four years of tuition but not room and board free at community colleges and non-flagship campus state universities, stop charging interests on student loans, and forgive $10k of student debt for all current federal borrowers
Free School Meals: yes, this should not be a debate

Climate Change: more than any other political "issue," a literacy test, plain and simple; if you believe climate change is not real and/or that we should not take federal action to combat its effects, you should not be listened to about any other topic
Green New Deal: critical support
Carbon Tax: support
Keystone Pipeline: oppose

2020 Election Lies: they give me strong enough permission to totally ignore people who propogate them for the sake of my own mental health, but this may not be a good thing in the long run
Voter ID: pass universal automatic voter registration and give people special voter ID cards for this purpose, then require those cards to vote
Audits: if requested, sure
Term limits: status quo plus a single judicial term limit of 14 years, strongly oppose legislative term limits
DC: full statehood
Puerto Rico: full statehood
SCOTUS: expand to 13 and allow the current justices to unanimously select the four new justices to be appointed, and if they can not come to a conclusion, allow biden to appoint them unilaterally; the earlier mentioned 14 year term limit should not be imposed on current justices or the four selected unanimously by them (or appointed by biden in the event of an impasse), instead starting with their succesors
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #1504 on: June 04, 2022, 03:51:27 AM »

abortion: should be means-tested
birth control: should be means-tested
same-sex marriage: should be means-tested
legalization of drugs: should be means-tested
gun control: should be means-tested
prostitution: should be means-tested
affirmative action: should be means-tested
reparations: should be means-tested
police reform: should be means-tested
private prisons: should be means-tested
big tech: should be means-tested
free speech:should be means-tested
patriot act: should be means-tested
eminent domain: should be means-tested
immigration: should be means-tested
mask mandates: should be means-tested
vaccine mandates: should be means-tested
covid vaccines: should be means-tested

free trade: should be means-tested
taxes: should be means-tested
healthcare: should be means-tested
social security: should be means-tested
national debt: should be means-tested
unions: should be means-tested
disability: should be means-tested
tariffs: should be means-tested
outsourcing: should be means-tested
monopolies: should be means-tested

foreign aid: should be means-tested
UN funding: nuke
NATO: nuke
WHO: nuke
paris deal: nuke
afghanistan: nuke
iraq: nuke
iran: nuke
cuba: nuke
china: nuke
russia: nuke
section 230: should be means-tested

CRT: should be means-tested
evolution: should be means-tested
school prayer: should be means-tested
free college: should be means-tested
free school meals: should be means-tested

climate change: should be means-tested
green new deal: should be means-tested
carbon tax: should be means-tested
keystone pipeline: should be means-tested

big lie: should be means-tested
voter id: should be means-tested
audits: should be means-tested
term limits: should be means-tested
DC: should be means-tested
puerto rico: should be means-tested
scotus: should be means-tested
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #1505 on: June 04, 2022, 11:54:06 PM »

same-sex marriage: oppose
legalization of drugs: oppose
gun control: oppose
prostitution: oppose
affirmative action: oppose
reparations: oppose
police reform: oppose
private prisons: oppose
patriot act: oppose
eminent domain: oppose
mask mandates: oppose
vaccine mandates: oppose 
national debt: oppose
outsourcing: oppose
china: oppose
russia: oppose
monopolies: oppose
CRT: oppose
school prayer: oppose
sallie mae: oppose(?)
free college: oppose
climate change: oppose
keystone pipeline: oppose
big lie: oppose
voter id: oppose
audits: oppose
term limits: oppose
DC: strongly oppose
scotus: strongly oppose
covid vaccines: what's covid?
Butlerian Jihad: strongly support

He who controls the spice controls the universe
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #1506 on: June 05, 2022, 12:24:21 AM »

Social Issues
Abortion: Pro-life mostly, but not my place
Birth Control: Should be legal AND free.
Same-Sex Marriage: Strongly support, also Trans rights
Legalization of Drugs: Marijuana should be legal, others no. Ban tobacco tho, it’s more harmful than Marijuana
Gun Control: Support
Prostitution: Not really my business, promote safety and health tho, also get rid of “pimps”
Affirmative Action: No view really. Have to give some thought
Reparations: Support them
Police Reform/BLM: Black Lives Matter. I’m autistic and the cops treat us bad too, defund the police, ACAB, all that
Private Prisons: Oppose
Big Tech: Regulate
Free Speech: Ban hate speech.
PATRIOT Act: Repeal, the government has no business in everyone’s business
Eminent Domain: Oppose
Immigration: Cannot be illegal on stolen land
Mask Mandates: Support
Vaccine Mandates: Oppose
COVID-19 Vaccines: They work, and I personally did get vaccinated

Economic Issues
Free Trade: Support
Taxes: Significantly cut for lower and middle classes, significantly raise on the wealthy
Healthcare: Medicare for all who want it
Social Security: No opinion as of now
National Debt: Tax the billionaires and corporations
Campaign Finance Reform: Support
Unions: Mixed opinion.
Disability: As an autistic and legally blind person, I say make it easier and make the benefits more.
Tarriffs: Raise on corporations
Outsourcing: N/A
Monopolies: Break them Up! (Still an issue?)

Foreign Policy
Foreign Aid: Dramatically cut. We should not be giving large amounts of our money to other countries when we have poor people here and a national debt
UN Funding: cut slightly
NATO: Withdraw
WHO: Stay
Paris Deal: Rejoin
Afghanistan: I am a pacifist sooooo-
Iraq: See last answer
Iran: Pacifism and diplomacy
Cuba: generally encourage democracy
China: Our relationship with china depends on china, try to be civil, encourage democracy
Russia: Okay, this is different, Putin needs stopped
Section 230: No opinion

Education
CRT: …what? We should learn about HISTORY, keep parents out of the classrooms (unless they’re staff at the school)
Evolution: We should teach evolution, and not creationism (I’m a Christian and I think this)
School Prayer: Allow individual students to pray, but do not allow any adult to lead prayer
Sallie Mae: Not sure
Free College: Free for poor folks, significantly cheaper for middle class, charge big rates for children of billionaires
Free School Breakfasts/Lunches: Support for all

Environment
Climate Change: Is real, and is caused by humans. Need to fight it
Green New Deal: noble cause, could be reworked
Carbon Tax: Sort of oppose? Idk
Keystone Pipeline: Keep it gone

Elections
Big Lie: Oppose. Biden won fair and square. 
Voter ID: Should be mandatory and free to all adults who want to vote
Audits: Might be stupid but at 23 I still don’t know exactly what an audit is
Term Limits: Support.
DC: Should be up to DC, generally don’t think it needs to be a whole state, since it’s a relatively small area
PR: Support independence if they want it
SCOTUS: Biden should add more justices.

My voting history:
2018 VA senate race: Libertarian Matt Waters

2020 democratic primary: debated between Sanders and Bloomberg, voted Bloomberg
2020 general election: Biden. Considered voting Hawkins.
2020 US senate election for Virginia: voted Warner

2021 va democratic primary for governor: Jennifer Carroll Foy
2021 VA democratic primary for LT Governor: Elizabeth Guzman was my first choice, voted Andrea McLellan after Elizabeth dropped out
2021 VA democratic attorney general primary: Jay Jones

2021 VA Governor election: voted for Princess Blanding, third party candidate
2021 LT gov election: Delegate Hala Ayala got my vote
2021 AG election: held my nose and voted for Mark Herring.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1507 on: June 05, 2022, 01:38:14 PM »

All issues and concerns:

Correct.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1508 on: June 07, 2022, 12:57:46 AM »

I don't like to identify with a specific political/ideological label, but most would consider me an esoteric, moderate-on-some-issues social democrat. I excluded all of my political beliefs that relate to topics that aren't viewed as 'normal' political issues, which are a big part of the 'esoteric' part of that descriptor, because I don't know if this thread is only for your beliefs on mainstream issues or not.
Nah those are the most interesting ones. Go on...
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #1509 on: June 30, 2022, 04:05:53 PM »

Not sure if I've done this before. I'm using the previous list.

Abortion: Fully legal until ~16 weeks (brain activity), legal afterward to protect the mother.
Birth Control: Fully legal
Same-Sex Marriage: Legal
Legalization of Drugs: Legalize marijuana. Legalize possession and consumption, but not the sale or production of other drugs.
Gun Control: Assault weapons ban, expand background checks, enact red flag laws.
Prostitution: No change.
Affirmative Action: Generally oppose. Public universities should not engage in affirmative action.
Reparations: Stupid.
Police Reform: Increase training requirements for police, eliminate qualified immunity, prevent officers who have been fired or convicted of job-related abuses from working in other police forces. Create a more uniform police oversight board system.
Private Prisons: Ban
Big Tech: I don't like it, but I don't see what legal changes are needed.
Free Speech: I fully support the First Amendment. Not sure who doesn't. Oppose hate speech laws.
Patriot Act: Repeal.
Eminent Domain: Oppose the usage of eminent domain for private development purposes. Eminent domain exists so that forts and roads can be constructed, not for vague notions of economic development.
Immigration: Yearly refugee cap should be raised significantly. Support citizenship for illegal immigrants who were brought as children. That being said, I have no problems with securing the border or more generally preventing illegal immigration.
Mask Mandates: No longer relevant.
Vaccine Mandates: Generally favor in the forms that they currently exist. Oppose religious exemptions.
Covid Vaccines: I don't see what difference there would be between this and the previous question.

Free Trade: Support.
Taxes: Favor raising taxes on higher tax brackets, as well as the creation of an additional bracket for the highest end of the scale. Local property taxes for local school funding should be eliminated, school funding should be handled on at least a statewide level.
Healthcare: Expand medicaid, medicare buy-in for ages 55+. Create a public option. Pass one of the many existing prescription drug bills.
Social Security: If Social Security risks insolvency, eliminate the earnings cap on the social security tax.
National Debt: Should be lowered, although that's a bit of a lost cause at this point.
Unions: Support the right of all workers to form a union. Increase penalties for employers who use illegitimate means to prevent unionization.
Disability: The current state of disability rights seems decent, at least at the federal level, so I'm unsure what needs to be done here.
Tariffs: Generally oppose. Tariffs for economic protection rarely work, and tariffs for national security reasons probably ought to be embargoes.
Outsourcing: An unavoidable consequence of having a free economy.
Monopolies: More rigorous enforcement of anti-trust legislation, though there are not many true monopolies today.

Foreign Aid: Strongly support. Foreign aid is an infinitesimal fraction of the country's budget, which has the beneficial effects of increasing American influence and building alliances abroad. Support expanding funding to initiate an American backed belt and road initiative-type proposal.
UN Funding: Current levels are adequate.
WHO: Disapprove of some of China's meddling, but such things are not worth blowing up the organization.
Paris Deal: Rejoin.
Afghanistan: Oppose the withdrawal. We took on the responsibility for propping up Afghanistan when we chose to invade in 2001, and we should not have withdrawn unless the state we left behind had some hope of surviving.
Iraq: The Iraq War was a mistake. The continued presence of small amounts of troops in Iraq isn't a problem to me, so long as they are stationed with the consent of Iraq's government.
Iran: Supported the Iran deal and continued negotiations. Oppose military action against Iran unless directly attacked.
Cuba: Support normalizing trade with Cuba.
China: Support military aid and protection for Taiwan. Support efforts to create American alliances in East Asia to counter China's influence. Support refocusing our military towards defending against a potential conflict over Taiwan (though such a thing should obviously not be instigated).
Russia: Support all current sanctions against Russia for its war with Ukraine, support additional sanctions/embargo against Russia. Support increased aid to Ukraine, including training on and delivery of Western weapons and equipment.
Section 230: Fine in its current form.

CRT: I oppose teaching university-level legal theories in public schools. Oppose teaching (commonly labelled "CRT") which implies inherited guilt or which shames students for things outside their control, while recognizing that such things are not actually commonly taught in schools.
Evolution: What year is it?
School prayer: Prayer should not be involved in public school instruction. If a student chooses to pray on their own that's fine.
Sallie Mae: regulate
Free college: Oppose. Support state schools and community colleges.
Free School Meals: Support.

Climate Change: Is a long-term threat to the planet, requiring government action and international co-operation now to combat it. Support moving the US power grid to cleaner sources such as wind, water, solar, or nuclear power.
Green New Deal: Incredibly stupid.
Carbon Tax: Support
Keystone Pipeline: Oppose

2020 Election Lies: Totally false.
Voter ID: Support as long as all Americans are issued IDs.
Audits: ?
Term limits: Oppose term limits, would support repeal of the 22nd Amendment.
DC: Support statehood, repeal of the 23rd Amendment.
Puerto Rico: Support statehood, repeal of the Jones Act, overturning of the Insular Cases.
SCOTUS: Favor codifying the Supreme Court's actual role and powers into the constitution.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #1510 on: July 15, 2022, 08:25:24 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2022, 09:13:07 PM by BG-NY »

Social Issues
Abortion: Support
Birth Control: Support
Same-Sex Marriage: Support
Legalization of Drugs: Neutral
Gun Control: Oppose
Prostitution: Neutral
Affirmative Action: Oppose
Reparations: Oppose
Police Reform/BLM: Support
Big Tech: Oppose
Free Speech: Support
PATRIOT Act: Oppose
Immigration: Oppose
Mask Mandates: Oppose
COVID-19 Vaccines: Support

Economic Issues
Free Trade: Oppose
Taxes: Cut across the board for individuals (least so for wealthy), lower to 10% for corporations, tax capital gains as ordinary income
Healthcare: Lower Medicare age to 55
Social Security: No change
National Debt: Neutral
Campaign Finance Reform: Oppose
Unions: Oppose since the 70s. They are broken institutions
Disability: Provide more access to job training/placement
Tariffs: Levy a 20% tariff internationally across the board, with 40% on China and the EU
Outsourcing: Penalize companies for outsourcing through severe taxation
Monopolies: Break them up, with a high standard

Foreign Policy
Foreign Aid: Cut to zero
UN Funding: Cut to zero
NATO: Withdraw
WHO: Withdraw
Paris Deal: We were smart to leave
Afghanistan: Withdraw all aid
Iraq: Leave, withdraw all aid
Iran: No ground war. Sanction for cross-dumping from Russia/China
Cuba: Sanction for cross-dumping from Russia/China
China: Economic adversary. Need tariffs on every sector. No human rights/geopolitical sanctions
Russia: The invasion was wrong, but leave Europe's problems to Europe
Section 230: Eliminate

Education
CRT: Young white children shouldn't be indoctrinated with collective guilt
Evolution: Evolution is real and should be taught in schools
School Prayer: Don't care
Sallie Mae: Broken, eliminate
Free College: Support for certain fields.
Free School Breakfasts/Lunches: Support

Environment
Climate Change: Is real, but overstated. Free market should come up with solutions.
Green New Deal: Oppose
Carbon Tax: Oppose
Keystone Pipeline: Resume construction.

Elections
Big Lie: Trump potentially won in 2020, and was right to contest the results up until inauguration.
Voter ID: Should be mandatory.
Audits: Candidates should have more recourse in elections with final results <1%
Term Limits: Support
DC: Consolidate into MD and/or VA
PR: No statehood, grant independence
SCOTUS: Oppose stacking
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1511 on: July 17, 2022, 12:25:43 AM »
« Edited: July 17, 2022, 12:30:59 AM by KoopaDaQuick »

Can't find my old post on here, but too much has probably changed since then.

Social Issues
Abortion: Pro-choice (I personally don't like it, but it's not the government's business
Birth Control: Support w/ education
Same-Sex Marriage: Support
Legalization of Drugs: Decriminalize all consumption and possession, open up passageways to help get people to quit
Gun Control: Support firmly
Prostitution: Like abortion, I don't support it, but it should be decriminalized and regulated
Affirmative Action: Support, as long as it's for a valid reason and doesn't go too far
Reparations: Support firmly
Police Reform/BLM: Oppose police, support BLM
Big Tech: Break up monopolies
Free Speech: Support in public spaces
PATRIOT Act: Repeal
Immigration: Should be opened up more
Mask Mandates: Don't care
COVID-19 Vaccines: Support

Economic Issues
Free Trade: Support firmly
Taxes: Abolish sales tax, and all income tax should be progressive
Healthcare: Universal healthcare should be instituted, either nationwide or state-controlled
Social Security: No change
National Debt: We should lower it, but it's not as important as some make it out to be
Campaign Finance Reform: Keep the status quo
Unions: Every employed or contracted worker should be unionized, no exceptions
Disability: Provide more access to job training/placement
Tariffs: Oppose unless absolutely necessary
Outsourcing: Oppose, but I don't care enough to have a firm opinion on it
Monopolies: Break them up, with a high standard

Foreign Policy
Foreign Aid: Support
UN Funding: Don't oppose
NATO: Support
WHO: Support
Paris Deal: Glad we're back on
Afghanistan: Keep the aid, but I'm glad we're out
Iraq: Leave, but still keep aid
Iran: Leave, but still keep aid
Cuba: Open up relationship 100%
China: Need to become less reliant on them
Russia-Ukraine: Send aid to Ukraine
Section 230: Support

Education
CRT: It's a buzzword for teaching the youth stuff that conservatives don't want people to know about
Evolution: Real, won't protest it being taught in schools
School Prayer: Oppose teacher-led prayer, praying privately in a public school should be kosher
Sallie Mae: De-privatize it
Free College: Support for certain fields
Free School Breakfasts/Lunches: Support, although it should be expanded to help students in poverty eat during the summer/weekends/holidays

Environment
Climate Change: Is real, and we need to take immediate and harsh public action. We can't leave it to corporations.
Green New Deal: Support firmly
Keystone Pipeline: Shouldn't be built without support from the Indians whose land it will be built on

Elections
Big Lie: Biden won fair and square
Voter ID: Jim Crow in disguise
Audits: Candidates should have more recourse in elections with final results <1%
Term Limits: Support
DC: Given the full rights of a state, nobody in MD or DC actually wants to merge the two
PR: Either statehood or independence, depending on what a referendum would say
SCOTUS: Wouldn't protest packing it
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1512 on: July 19, 2022, 08:11:57 PM »

FairBol
United States

« Reply #1513 on: July 28, 2022, 02:57:45 AM »

Not going into every stance I have (bed is calling, LOL), but here are a few of them.  Call this Part 1, if you will. 

Overall Ideology: Conservative, with some Libertarian leanings.

Social: Not sure exactly what term fits me, but I tend to come down on the side of traditional values and "tough love".  Nevertheless, I believe that people should be allowed to make their own decisions, as long as the results of those decisions don't clearly hurt others. 

Economic: Mostly laissez-faire: that is, leave the free market alone to oversee and regulate itself.

Foreign Policy: Big stick diplomacy, and "peace through strength". 

More Foreign Policy

UN/Int'l Orgs: Maintain a presence in the UN, but cut back on general involvement, and charge rent for having the headquarters in NYC.
NATO: Continue membership, and strengthen general ties with our allies throughout the world.
Afghanistan: The botched withdrawal from Kabul was one of the most shameful events I've witnessed in recent years.  Hold top military brass, as well as the Commander-in-Chief, accountable for their actions/inaction.

Iran: Strong sanctions are in order here.  We must never allow Iran to become a nuclear weapon possessing power. 
Cuba: No lifting of sanctions until some additional democratic reforms are instituted. 
Israel: Not just an ally in the Middle East, but America's chief ally in the region.  We should maintain our special relationship with them.
Palestine: Continue to push for peace, but no negotiation as long as Hamas/Hezbollah continues to attack Israel.
Russia: Diplomacy, but remind them in no uncertain terms that we will defend our allies (as well as ourselves) in the case of an attack.  Hey, it worked in the case of North Korea (for a time)!

Top Electoral Issues

Term limits: Support in most cases.
Election integrity: It's WAY too easy to forge votes, tinker with official counts, and commit other "shenanigans".  There needs to be SOME kind of a change made; requiring a valid ID for voting purposes is a good start.

DC and PR statehoods: Oppose under all circumstances for DC, support for Puerto Rico if the citizens there vote for it. 
Electoral College: Maintain the current system, but remove legal penalties against "faithless electors".   

2020:

Joe Biden is an illegitimate president, and he knows it

With the help of state-based cronies nationwide, and much assistance from the media, he committed the single biggest act of fraud that America has ever seen (watch "2000 Mules" if you don't believe me, and THEN tell me this was legit)

Even looking at the math behind the claim of "81 million votes"...it just doesn't pan out!

January 6th: A horrible display of what can happen regarding "mob rule".  Nevertheless, this was not a planned assault; it was simply a protest gone terribly wrong, perhaps because of possible infiltration by ANTIFA and other left-wing forces. 

Regardless, many January 6th suspects are now political prisoners; they are (in many cases) being denied adequate health care, other civil rights such as visitation, etc.  This is unquestionably WRONG, IMHO.  We are no better than Russia if we continue to do these things. 

January 6th Committee: Probably the biggest crock of BS I've ever seen in my life.  It's full of people who either are disgruntled former officials, or politicians with "skin in the game". 

And there is no right of due process associated with the Committee.  So you have evidence to present in your own defense/favor? Nope; they won't allow that!

If you invoke the 5th Amendment, and refuse to testify, well...it's off to the "big house" for you! And witnesses (not to mention defense witnesses)? We don't need no stinkin' witnesses!

Two words....KANGAROO COURT.

(Yeah, this should raise my "controversial" rating to about a 10, ROFL)
buffalobillsfan4444life
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1514 on: August 18, 2022, 10:52:21 PM »

Social Policy:

Abortion: Pro-life, unless womens life is at risk. Their are other ways to prevent unwanted pregnancies from happening. talked about below
Same Sex Marriage: none of governments busniess
Marijuana: Legalize it and don't tax or regulate
Stem Cell Research: Support with private voluntary donations (government should stay completely out)
Death Penalty: Keep for war terrorists only
Gun control: Pro 2nd amendment, no regulations
Affirmative Action: Abolish
Prostitution: legalize
Euthanasia: Keep it illegal unless there is absolutly no chance of recovery and the pateient completely and knowingly agrees

Economic Issues:

Minimum Wage: abolish completely as it should be decided by supply and demand and by the owner
Welfare: abolish government welfare and allow volunteers to help
Right-to-Work: Support
Taxation: Cut taxes for all Americans by at least 75 percent and implement a flat tax
Healthcare: Privatize (abolish medicare, medicaid, and any government funding and programs)
Social Security: abolish and let people figure out and have complete control over their retirement
Trade: free trade unless if it affects our national security         
Education: abolish public schools (separation of school and state)
Balanced Budget Amendment: Yes, and also add a no tax increase amendment too

Foreign Policy and National Security:

Afghanistan: Leave
Iraq: Leave
Iran: leave
Syria: Leave
Cuba: keep sanctions on oil, weapons, and money but allow the rest
Military Spending: cut spending since we only need to defend our country
PATRIOT Act: Abolish
NSA Spying: Abolish
Palestine: Do not recognize but government shouldn't be involved
Israel: support but government shouldn't be involved
Immigration: support a border wall (for the purpose of keeping terrorists out only). abolish quotas and no more unnecessary searches 100 miles away from the border. border patrol shouldn't be further than 15 miles away from the border
Guantanamo Bay: keep it open for current criminals only and abolish it once they all pass away

Environment:

Climate Change: Stop overrating about it, blame China if anything
Green Energy: Remove all economic regulations so that private companies can figure out an energy alternative that actually works.
Keystone XL Pipeline: Build it (private companies only and no government employees or taxes. voluntary donations only.)

Electoral Reform:

Electoral College: Keep current system
Gerrymandering: End the practice
Term limits: Yes
Voter ID: Yes
Compulsory Voting: No
Voter Registration: Yes
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1515 on: August 20, 2022, 01:28:52 AM »

Honestly, I've drifted a lot towards only caring about a small subset of social issues in recent years, but I'll try this:

Social Issues
Abortion: 100% Pro-life, no exceptions.  Needs to be illegal federally.  There is no situation you can create where abortion is justified (no, treating an ectopic pregnancy is not an abortion)
Birth Control: Overturn Griswold v. Connecticut and ban anything that thins the lining of the uterus (due to the potential of preventing implantation after fertilization).
Same-Sex Marriage: Oppose
Divorce: Abolish no-fault divorce
Legalization of Drugs: Oppose, but we can have discussions about sentencing.  Also ban tobacco (with a two year lead-time).
Gun Control: Mostly oppose, but background checks are OK
Prostitution: Oppose
Affirmative Action: Oppose
Police Reform/BLM: BLM did raise some legitimate points, but often overgeneralized them.  Probably would be helpful to have police forces draw as locally as possible.  Police officers who mistreat people on account of race should be let go immediately.
Private Prisons: No opinion
Big Tech: I lean towards saying that major social media platforms shouldn't restrict speech heavily and should abide by the principles of the First Amendment, but I'm ambivalent on whether to legally enforce that.
Free Speech: Support
PATRIOT Act: Lean support, as long as it's used appropriately
Eminent Domain: No opinion
Immigration: Pro-immigration but also pro-border security.  Against mass deportations.
COVID-19 Vaccines: They were effective against the original variants but have limited effectiveness against Omicron.  Some people have overblown side effects of them though.  I'm vaccinated and boosted, but probably won't be getting a fourth shot, even if it becomes available to me.

Economic Issues
Free Trade: Support, though I'd like us to use some economic pressure on countries to get them to outlaw abortion
Taxes: Simplify the tax code by lowering individual tax rates but closing loopholes.  Expand child tax credits to encourage larger families.
Healthcare: Private run, ban coverage of abortion, contraception, IVF, sterilizations, and sex changes.
Social Security: Don't have a strong opinion
National Debt: I'm worried about the debt, but I don't have an exact proposal.
Campaign Finance Reform: Lean oppose
Unions: Support right-to-work legislation
Tariffs: Oppose
UBI: Oppose for now, but I'm actually more open to it than many other forms of welfare.  Ideally, stuff like that would be church-run, instead of government-run, though.

Foreign Policy: I generally think we should be active in our foreign policy, but I haven't followed every situation well enough to comment and don't want to comment when I don't really know.

Education
All of the recent education debates have led me to believe that the system needs a complete overhaul.  I would do away with public schools altogether; instead, the government should transfer the money they would have spent to a voucher for the parents to use at a private school of their choosing (whether church-run, nominally religious, secular, or even a home school co-op).  That would solve a lot of the debates by allowing parents to raise their children with an education that will continue to instill the same values taught in the home and at church.  Like, I wouldn't send my kids to a school that teaches that the Earth is billions of years old, but I wouldn't say that the government should ban those schools from existing.

Environment
Climate Change: The climate is changing but the potential impact has been overblown
Green New Deal: Oppose
Carbon Tax: Oppose
Keystone Pipeline: Support
Energy independence: Don't know enough to say

Elections
Big Lie: I oppose mail-in-voting (distinct from absentee voting), which I think gave Biden some structural advantages, but Biden won fairly within the rules of the 2020 election.
Voter ID: Support
Audits: Not sure what this is talking about
Term Limits: Probably Oppose
DC: Maintain status quo
PR: Support statehood
SCOTUS: Honestly, it's probably too powerful, but I think the reform proposals tend to come from very partisan places.  The bigger issue was that it began to step into things that were beyond the scope of what it should have been involved in.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1516 on: August 21, 2022, 08:56:23 PM »

Social Issues
Abortion: Pro-Choice. We will see in due time in states that make abortion illegal, why I hold this view.

Birth Control: Can not see why anyone would oppose this.

Same-Sex Marriage: Support obviously. Hopefully, I will have a nice marriage with a Latino in a few years.

Divorce: Always a tragic situation.

Legalization of Drugs: Support, especially for marijuana. More controls on alcohol.

Gun Control: Mostly oppose, but background checks are OK

Prostitution: I wouldn't do it, but.. have it legal.

Affirmative Action: Mostly support, but more economic tiered than race.

Police Reform/BLM: I largely agree with BLM and witnessed blatantly discrimination against blacks growing up. I disagree with BLM tactics as it hurts Democrats electorally though. But I still largely believe that criminal justice system is biased against the poor.

Private Prisons: Opposed. Creates demand for prisoners.

Big Tech: Becoming too politically correct.

Free Speech: Support, duh

PATRIOT Act: I love to criticize it, but parts of the law are still important to national security, unfortunately.

Eminent Domain: Do not oppose.

Immigration: Pro-immigration and ambivalent on illegal immigration. Favor more open borders with Mexico and Canada with a mutual agreement.

COVID-19 Vaccines: Would recommend getting the 4th booster when available to you.

Economic Issues

Free Trade: Largely support with some controls. We would benefit from more unrestricted trade with Latin America

Taxes: I would close most loopholes and many deductions. Must be a progressive system.

Healthcare: Keep market based system with a governmental public option on a sliding scale.

Social Security: Good program, and the GOP better not try to dismantle it! It is constitutional and more sound based legal theory than Roe V. Wade ever did. Surprisingly to some, I have been ambivalent on whether to partially privatize it. Also, no cap on the income that can be taxed to fund social security benefits. That is important.

National Debt: Let's just say there are reasons I truly hate Bush and Trump.

Campaign Finance Reform: Support

Unions: Private sector workers should absolutely unionize. I am in strong opposition to public sector unions though and 2020 vindicated me on that. Look how police officers and teachers acted during 2020.

Tariffs: Oppose, especially for now.

UBI: Opposed for immediate future as automation displacing jobs is overblown for now. But in the twilight of my life, it may start to become necessary.

Foreign Policy: I am very dovish in almost all situations. We have to take care of ourselves. We are an ailing country for the developed world and it is time we took care of ourselves.

Education
I do not believe CRT in elementary or secondary schools actually exists. In person schooling is important for a child's development. I was partially homeschooled and it is had major impact on my development. Which is why I pushed back hard against school closures.

I am more ambivalent on school vouchers than most liberals.

Environment
Climate Change: I am confident technology will help mitigate most impacts, but am extremely down stream of the Colorado River and the impact of the nations food supply. That requires immediate attention.

Green New Deal: Mostly support.

Keystone Pipeline: Support, grudgingly

Energy independence: We are perfect capable of being independent of other countries for energy if we used more green energy.

Elections

Big Lie: It was a big lie. I also believe that mail in voting hurt Democrats at the margins in 2020 elections. Both directly in that mail in ballots may have been filled in incorrectly or been late and indirectly in that it made Democrats look more like they were cheating by perception and gave Democrats a look of going into hiding over covid. offensive  to their minority working class base and people in general.

Voter ID: Support really. But government IDs should be at no cost.

Audits: Our elections are secure

Term Limits: Probably Oppose

DC: Statehood

PR: Support statehood

SCOTUS: Has become too powerful and congress should consider legislating its jurisdiction. I oppose court packing because the court will eventually be larger than congress depending on who is in office.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #1517 on: August 28, 2022, 08:28:22 PM »

2022 update

Social Issues

Abortion: Pro-life, leave laws up to individual states.
Birth Control: Supportive.
Same-Sex Marriage: Opposed, but should remain legal.
Death penalty: Lean opposed, but leave to individual states.
Legalization of Drugs: Opposed except for marijuana.
Gun Control: Opposed, pro 2A.
Prostitution: Opposed, should remain illegal.
Affirmative Action: Opposed, AA is racist.
Reparations: Strongly opposed.
Police Reform/BLM: I support the police.
Private Prisons: Against, but not a big issue right now.
Big Tech: Against censorship, 1A should apply in online spaces.
Free Speech: Strongly support.
PATRIOT Act: Opposed.
Eminent Domain: Opposed.
Immigration: Opposed.  Deport illegal aliens back to countries of origin.
Euthanasia: Strongly opposed.
Mask Mandates: Strongly opposed.
Vaccine Mandates: Strongly opposed.
COVID-19 Vaccines: Support, but should be up to individual

Economic Issues

Free Trade: Opposed.  Focus on creating self-sufficient economy.
Taxes: Lower.
Healthcare: Privatize.  
Social Security: Economically infeasible, allow increased privatization.
National Debt: Shrink roles of federal government to reduce debt
Campaign Finance Reform: Support.
Unions: Strongly opposed.
Tariffs: Support.  Increase domestic production.
UBI: Opposed.
Foreign Policy: Increase military budget but avoid foreign conflicts, focus instead on border crisis.
Education: Privatize.  Support charter schools and voucher programs.

International Relations

Afghanistan: I supported leaving, but Biden administration totally botched this.
China: Strongly opposed, defend Taiwan and Hong Kong from CCP invasion.
Middle East: Continue with drone strikes and surveillance to stop terrorism.
Cuba: Keep sanctions.
Military Spending: Increase funding.
PATRIOT Act: Abolish
NSA Spying: Abolish
Palestine: Do not recognize.
Israel: Strongly support.
Ukraine-Russia War: Neutral.
Mexico: Build the wall, and deploy troops along southern border.

Environment

Climate Change: I believe it is real, but the threat is greatly exaggerated by the media.
Green New Deal: Strongly opposed.
Carbon Tax: Strongly opposed.
Keystone Pipeline: Support, reroute from Native land.
Energy independence: Strongly support, revert back to Trump admin policies.

Elections
Big Lie: Election fraud occurred, but not at a level which would change the final result.
Voter ID: Support.
Audits: Support.
Term Limits: Strongly supportive.
DC/PR statehood: Opposed.
SCOTUS: Introduce term limits.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1518 on: September 04, 2022, 03:40:43 AM »

test
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1519 on: September 04, 2022, 04:19:27 AM »

using same template adding some new ones

I realized a lot of these positions fall outside the realm of realistic options in American political discourse so this is tailored a lot more to my ideal society than the present political situation.

Social Policy
Abortion: abortion should be legal
LGBT Rights: support
Drugs: all drugs should be legal, doesn't mean it's a good idea to do all of them though, it's up to you. But weed and psychedelics are beneficial to a point.
Alcohol: abolish the drinking age and no restrictions on sales/consumption
Death Penalty: some people deserve it but the ones who do most will never see their day in court, opposed on principle
Gun Control: however well-intentioned it is I'm very skeptical of especially as it entrenches the state's monopoly on violence
Affirmative Action: irrelevant
Euthanasia: creates a culture of death, prioritizes saving money over the rights of the patient, and a living (dying?) example of the slippery slope turning out to be true
Prostitution: shouldn't exist ideally, a nasty aspect of consumerism, but should be legal as long as it's out there
Pornography: see prostitution
Immigration: borders are a social construct
Criminal justice: punishment for the sake of punishment isn't justice, the majority of criminal disputes should be solved outside the hands of courts and the number of laws people potentially can break needs to be reduced bc as it stands nearly everyone commits several crimes every day
Surveillance: a startling expansion of government and corporate power over peoples' lives, infringes individual rights and experiences, and should be combated by any means necessary
Police: at the end of the day they serve an unjust master and enforce unjust laws
Eminent domain: not a huge fan
Covid-19: increasingly irrelevant but not on the side of restriction

Economic Policy
Minimum Wage: for now it's gotta be high, much higher than it is now, long-term abolish the wage system entirely in favor of worker-owned establishments
Right-to-Work: takes power out of workers' hands, unions need to be supported as strongly as possible
Tax Rates: most people shouldn't pay taxes, only those who profit off the labor of others
Healthcare: should be run as a necessary service instead of a for-profit business
Social Security: wouldn't be necessary in a society which already took care for the elderly into account instead of running what amounts to a pyramid scheme (however justified it might be)
Trade: local production is definitely the best option here but beyond that see my immigration position
Environment: we need not only to switch our energy consumption and rampant consumerism but take a step back and reconnect with nature
Education: put more emphasis on creative potential and students determining their destiny rather than being boxed into a category and drilled with repetitive material
Transit: I support all of the above when it comes to this category
Nationalization: creates more unnecessary bureaucracy, worker co-ops are preferable

Foreign Policy
Foreign intervention: illegitimate
Russia: oppressive state with an oppressive leader
China: oppressive state with an oppressive leader
Israel: not like the Palestinians are much better ethically but self-determination is always the right course of action when it comes to a conflict like this
NATO: don't particularly care
UN: powerless
Defense budget: way too high of course

Electoral Reform
Electoral College: get rid of it
Gerrymandering: end it
Term limits: against
Voter ID: no
Voter registration: everyone should be registered to vote
Voting age: lower than it currently is
Mandatory voting: violation of individual rights
Statehood: should be put up to a vote everywhere it's an issue
Supreme Court: should have far less power and term-limited
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1520 on: September 18, 2022, 03:22:22 PM »

Why is state-sponsored racism "irrelevant"?
I don’t think any society which actually addresses the root cause of injustices would have any sort of need for a policy like that. It’s not worth time and effort caring about.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #1521 on: September 27, 2022, 02:55:20 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2022, 03:05:44 PM by Aurelius »

Birth Control: Overturn Griswold v. Connecticut and ban anything that thins the lining of the uterus (due to the potential of preventing implantation after fertilization).

I'm pretty moderate on this stuff but I'm sorry, there's no way around it, this is some serious broodmare s**t.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #1522 on: October 08, 2022, 01:44:28 PM »

Being based all the time
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1523 on: November 16, 2022, 07:56:06 PM »

Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #1524 on: November 17, 2022, 12:11:01 AM »
« Edited: November 17, 2022, 12:14:16 AM by Dani Rose »

Utilizing what seems like the most accepted template for this, with a couple aesthetic modifications.

Social Issues
Abortion: Meticulously regulated, but legal without exceptions. Bodily autonomy is the business of the individual.
Birth Control: Always legal, with expanded coverage under government programs. Pair with nationally expanded sex ed.
LGBT+ Rights: SSM legal, equality enforced by law. Massively expand transitional healthcare coverage for trans people under government programs.
Drugs: Decriminalize use and possession and emphasize rehab, penalize minor dealers, heavily crack down on heavy traffickers.
Death Penalty: Heavily oppose. Stick society's worst in a box for the rest of time, but whether or not someone deserves to die is not the jurisdiction of the state.
Gun Control: Situational. Get rid of assault weapons and high-capacity handguns, but emphasize licensing, education, and training for others, especially in rural states.
Policing: Basically necessary, in some form, for vigilante justice not to take hold, but fundamentally rotted to the core in America. Demilitarize the police and reform the entire system from the ground up, with a focus on community protection and communication.
Prisons: Get money out of them and focus on rehabilitating those capable and willing to change. As above, stick society's worst behind bars forever.
PATRIOT ACT: Away with it.
Immigration: Simplify and make the process easier to encourage legal entry while promoting a pathway to citizenship. Only directly punish traffickers.
Freedom of Speech: Mostly support without question, but severely crack down on fascism and Nazism as per Germany. Companies and individuals should be allowed to censor whatever they want.
Euthanasia: Support in theory, but with extreme regulations in place. Canada's system has practically become Nazi eugenics.
COVID-19: Promote personal responsibility and vaccine campaigns until the last trails of the pandemic are gone. Companies and individuals should continue to be allowed to impose mandates if they deem it fit.

Economic Issues
Minimum Wage: Should be set at living levels until worker cooperatives are commonplace and a UBI can be implemented.
Taxes: Reduce or eliminate the tax burden on the poor, working, and middle classes. Refocus the tax burden back onto the wealthy.
Unions: Support and strengthen them. Burn Right-to-Work.
Healthcare: Fold Medicare and Medicaid into a nationalized, universal system, streamlining the process for everyone.
Social Security: Increase and hold benefits to living levels until a UBI can be implemented.
Trade: Promote local strength and production instead of shipping jobs to less regulated, more exploitative countries Because Capitalism.
Monopolies: Mega-corporations and conglomerates are one of our greatest blights and should be busted righteously.
Nationalization: Run all necessary utilities at the national level as a free service.

Foreign Policy
Interventionism: Only in the most extreme circumstances, as it was in WW2. Most times, it's imperialism at best and doomsday at worst.
Russia: A crypto-fascist dictatorship. Continue supporting Ukraine with money and materiel until the war becomes unsustainable for Putin.
China: A crypto-fascist dictatorship. We need to eventually eliminate our reliance upon their government, but I'm hazy on how.
Saudi Arabia: A theocratic crypto-fascist dictatorship. Our oil dependence upon them must end.
Israel/Palestine: Self-determination is the only correct course, so both nations must be allowed to exist. The Jewish people fundamentally have a right to a safe homeland, but Netanyahu must be recognized as a dictator in the making.
NATO: A necessary deterrent until the regimes of Putin and Xi have met their inevitable natural ends.
United Nations Functionally useless so long as two dictatorships have full power over policy.
US Military Budget: A bloated, over-padded nightmare that needs to be massively, massively trimmed. Even with the military budget cut in half, no power on Earth would stand even a shell of a chance of matching us.

Environment
Renewables: The only way forward. Solar has the most immediate promise, and should have a rocket strapped to it and provided with all the funding it needs.
Oil: Unfortunately necessary until the energy infrastructure and transportation systems can be fully untethered from fossil fuels. Domestic production is the least destructive way to go about this, as it removes our dependence upon hostile dictatorships.
Transportation: Removing the car as the center of our transportation universe is one of the most crucial aspects of combatting climate change, and electric cars are a mirage that only perpetuate the problem. Shift the focus to electric rail and fund the daylights out of it.
Green New Deal: Fundamentally needed, both morally and economically. Public works projects are a massive societal benefit, and doing them to the tune of future sustainability is only common sense.

Elections and Democracy
Electoral College: Stick it in the trash.
Gerrymandering: Only use it to combat GOP hijinks so long as it exists. Other than that, burn it.
Term Limits: Support for executives, oppose for Congress. Joe Biden alone proves the benefit of keeping leaders around with decades of experience.
Voting: Not just universal registration, but universal voting, with E-Day as a national holiday. Do it the Australian way and give voters a complimentary hot dog afterward.
Constitution: Basically needs to be redone for a modern context, or at least heavily, heavily amended to reflect the times.
Supreme Court: Must be weakened, expanded in number, and term limited. Democracy becomes functionally useless if carefully-debated and widely-supported public policy can be undone by an unelected judicial oligarchy.
Statehood: Add DC, Puerto Rico, and Guam.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies