Democratic-Republican Party Convention, February 2014
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:04:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic-Republican Party Convention, February 2014
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Democratic-Republican Party Convention, February 2014  (Read 3100 times)
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 04, 2014, 08:08:18 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Members, please sign in below. Smiley
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 08:17:42 PM »

If I was in your region, I would totally join this.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 08:20:18 PM »

If I was in your region, I would totally join this.

Citizens of all regions are welcome to join.

X Deus Naturae
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 08:22:43 PM »

X Thomas Jefferson

(now bow to your leader Wink )
(How fitting that I am here. Smiley )
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 09:01:03 PM »

X Thomas Jefferson

(now bow to your leader Wink )
(How fitting that I am here. Smiley )
Welcome to the party! Smiley You should change your party registration in the New Register Thread so that you're officially counted as a Democratic-Republican.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 10:00:32 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2014, 11:09:00 PM by shua »

x shua
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 11:03:37 PM »

X Mechaman
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 05:48:57 PM »

All right, we have reached the quorom. (I have not yet counted outofbox's sign in, since he is still a registered Federalst.)

The first order of business is nominations. Are there any nominations for Chairman and Vice-Chairman?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 07:03:42 PM »

I accept the nomination.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 03:34:24 PM »

I'm down with that.

Since we don't seem to have any other nominations and a good amount of time has passed, I'll open up voting.

Chairman:
[ ] Deus Naturae
[ ] Write-in

Vice-Chairman:
[ ] Dallasfan65
[ ] Write-in

Voting shall last for 48 hours.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2014, 03:38:11 PM »

Chairman:
[X] Deus Naturae

Vice-Chairman:
[X] Dallasfan65
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 01:00:11 AM »

Chairman:
[X] Deus Naturae

Vice-Chairman:
[X] Dallasfan65
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 05:05:46 PM »

Chairman:
[X] Deus Naturae

Vice-Chairman:
[X] Dallasfan65
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 05:22:29 PM »

I'm not sure if you've stated whether or not you will be endorsing candidates for races outside of the Democratic-Republican Party, but if you are, I would like to request your endorsement for the Midwest Senate race. I am not a libertarian and I do not make any bones about that, but I think that if you'll look at my record, you'll find that I agree with libertarians more often than not when it comes to the nature of the state as far as civil rights and civil liberties are concerned. I shepherded through the passage of the Comprehensive Drug Reform Act of 2013, legalizing previously illicit substances. I have likewise been a champion of the right to privacy and prison reform, two issues on which I promise concrete results in my next term.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 08:40:02 PM »

Voting has ended. Deus Naturae is elected Chairman and Dallasfan65 is elected Vice-Chairman.

I'm not sure if you've stated whether or not you will be endorsing candidates for races outside of the Democratic-Republican Party, but if you are, I would like to request your endorsement for the Midwest Senate race. I am not a libertarian and I do not make any bones about that, but I think that if you'll look at my record, you'll find that I agree with libertarians more often than not when it comes to the nature of the state as far as civil rights and civil liberties are concerned. I shepherded through the passage of the Comprehensive Drug Reform Act of 2013, legalizing previously illicit substances. I have likewise been a champion of the right to privacy and prison reform, two issues on which I promise concrete results in my next term.

I don't think we have any Democratic-Republicans in the Midwest, but I'll hold a vote on all elections regardless.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 12:36:24 AM »

I am aware that a vote will be held later, and that there are no DR members in the Most Serene Republic, but nonetheless I want to ask for the endorsement of the Democratic Republican Party as well for the Midwest Senate election. The way I see it, this party was founded on the premise that there are other ways of measuring politics than the usual "left-right" approach, and as a result this is a truly fascinating and diverse political party, something I can certainly relate with. We disagree on many issues, that's true, but one of the things I deeply respect about this party is a belief in working with all parties, which is exactly what I want to do as a Senator, regardless of my position as a regional one. I have the luck of counting on the support of two office holders of this party: Spiral and Small L, and it would be my pride to count on the support of the Democratic Republican Party as well.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 06:49:49 PM »

Although I've already publicly endorsed your opponent, I think it would do good for everybody else if we know: What sorts of proposals will you be introducing on those issues if you happen to get reelected?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2014, 07:30:36 PM »

Distinguished members of The Democratic-Republican Party

I would like to request your endorsement for Regional Senator of the Imperial Dominion of the South. I am proud have worked with now former Senator Spiral on reforms to the OSPR that have expanded the number of debating slots, was well as with Senator shua on numerous bills including such as those originally by him like the Anti-Mandatory Minimums Amendment and the Independent Educational Institution Relief Act. Working together, we managed to remove regional mandates from the Freedom from Religion Act and pair it down to reasonable restrictions on Federal funding that reflect existing Atlasian values and laws. Over the course of this Senate I voted to block attempts to nationalize Hospitals and Pharmaceutical companies, as well as to block an attempt to ban vouchers for private schools.

In administering the Senate, I have priortized the speedy progress through bills whilst maintaining the access of all members regardless of party connections or ideology to get their bills on the floor by maintaining the in order of introduction floor access on the first several slots. The result of this, as well as the changes mentioned above has been a record setting Senate that will have produced more legislation in spite of having had more amendments, redrafts and tied votes resulting from an even split ideology wise.

I have supported the move towards decriminalization of drugs (like I said that vote the other day was mainly to keep it close since the result was rather brutally obvious) on the grounds that the War on Drugs has failed. At the same time it has been my objective to preserve the ability of regional and local governments to have the necessary flexibility to set their own policies as determined by local needs and thus support the Regional Exemption Act and will likely vote against the Dry Counties legislation. The reason for this stems from a belief that absolving Regions of such repsonsibilities only decreases interest and involvement at lower levels government, which will in turn lead to worse policies at those levels especially with regards to preserving freedom. It is my view that freedom is a natural state and that in order to preserve it, involvement and participation is required at all levels to guard against tyrannical power grabs, as opposed to relying on a top down approach whereby the Federal government dictates what freedoms people have and then advances such by force. Such sets a dangerous precedent as soon as group with less then honorable intentions comes to power at the Federal level and history is full of examples of such happenning.

Nothing would please me more then to continue to speechigy on these points but my vaerious ailments are ctaching up with me tonight and I want to refrain from boring you further. So in conclusion I ask for your endorsement and will answer any questions you may have either in my campaign thread or by PM.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 12:52:49 AM »

Although I've already publicly endorsed your opponent, I think it would do good for everybody else if we know: What sorts of proposals will you be introducing on those issues if you happen to get reelected?

First and foremost I'd like to see the Comprehensive Drug Reform Act modified to legalize the sale, possession, and transportation of all currently controlled substances. I would also like to see significant prison reform, with more mandated community service as opposed to jail time, more restitution, and the right of all prisoners to organize and seek better conditions.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2014, 02:58:09 PM »

Is this a socially and economically libertarian party? Is it a paleolibertarian party? Or is this a anarcho-capitalist party? I'm very interested on those answers because it seems to me that the Democratic-Republican Party has been trending to a more socially conservative approach, considering the very presence of Spiral, and a very likely support of many socially conservatives that are not very happy with Duke.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 03:06:36 PM »

Is this a socially and economically libertarian party? Is it a paleolibertarian party? Or is this a anarcho-capitalist party? I'm very interested on those answers because it seems to me that the Democratic-Republican Party has been trending to a more socially conservative approach, considering the very presence of Spiral, and a very likely support of many socially conservatives that are not very happy with Duke.
As of now, we do not subscribe to or endorse one specific ideology (I'm positive there are differences of opinion among members). However, I think our platform could be characterized as broadly libertarian.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2014, 03:28:44 PM »

As of now, we do not subscribe to or endorse one specific ideology (I'm positive there are differences of opinion among members). However, I think our platform could be characterized as broadly libertarian.

Looks like a mix of Libertarianism, Small is Beautiful and Autonomy for all. Tongue
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2014, 04:29:47 PM »

Who's responsibility is it to open votes on party endorsements? Mine or Dallasfan's?
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 04:36:45 PM »

Who's responsibility is it to open votes on party endorsements? Mine or Dallasfan's?

Mine, as the Vice Chairman. I have to run to the store but I'll do it upon return.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 06:15:39 PM »

Ballot:

President:
[ ] Spiral/Dallasfan65 (Democratic-Republican)
[ ] Duke/Matt from VT (Federalist)
[ ] homelycooking/Cincinnatus (Independent)
[ ] TNF/Gass (Labor)
[ ] Write-in:

Northeast Senate:
[ ] bore (Labor)
[ ] Poirot (Independent)
[ ] Write-in:

Mideast Senate:
[ ] DC Al Fine (Federalist)
[ ] Snowstalker (Labor) *(Didn't he drop out?)
[ ] Write-in:

Midwest Senate:
[ ] LuminevonReuenthal (Progressive Union)
[ ] TNF (Labor)
[ ] Write-in:

IDS Senate:
[ ] North Carolina Yankee (Federalist)
[ ] Write-in:

Pacific Senate:
[ ] TyriontheImperialist (Labor)
[ ] Write-in:

72 hours.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to: