Urban Maps (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:56:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Urban Maps (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Urban Maps  (Read 16521 times)
Franknburger
Germany

« on: February 04, 2014, 05:51:09 PM »

Do I need to say that this idea of yours is anything but bad? Anyway - please continue (and one or another hint on how certain socio-demographic patterns affect voting will also be appreciated - I might come up with qualified guesses myself, but each country and even each city is ultimately special).
Franknburger
Germany

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 10:36:03 AM »

Though it would be interesting to have the suburbs (which are actually in conurbation with Brussels) included here as well. When I think of my family there (Vilvoorde / Zaventem/ Sterrebeek area), may aunt's household was obviously bi-lingual (Flemish-German). Two of my cousins married francophone partners, two other Flemish-speakers, but all the marriages ultimately broke up, and my cousins tend to speak Flemish with their children (but also German, when we visit them - they all used to work for longer periods with German companies - so I think that still qualifies as multi-lingual households). I think I have a few years ago seen a map on how Flemish is entering Brussels from the East, would be interesting if that trend goes on.

Btw, just in case you wonder what is driving my interest - my oldest cousin's first marriage broke up because he couldn't stand his father-in-law's Flemish nationalism (with Gross-German undertones) anymore, and what he shared on that with me was quite irritating.
Franknburger
Germany

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 03:51:27 PM »

Why not comment on all three aspects?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies