The Federalist Party of Atlasia: February 2014 Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:16:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Federalist Party of Atlasia: February 2014 Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Author Topic: The Federalist Party of Atlasia: February 2014 Convention  (Read 23338 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: February 28, 2014, 12:55:57 AM »

Another interesting observation I just made is that you never denied that I was right in saying that the Federalist vision for game reform is to disrupt efforts at reform instead of offering its own vision.

That has been painfully obvious for some time. I'm wholly convinced that they don't even care about winning anymore, so long as they stop what I can only imagine from their perspective is an "unstoppable threat" to the game. Otherwise, I wouldn't still be going about discussing the utter lack of ideas or vision of said entity; apparently fresh ideas can't change the trajectory in their eyes and they've just given up.

Or Perhaps it is that Labor has run the well dry and is increasingly relying on pushing some rather far left ideas and then covering that fact when they are thus rejected with references and vague cannotions seeking to fan the flames of built up real life political resentments in order to attain the support of people who would be very unlikely to support such proposals directly.

Maybe that is the real problem. Sooner or later you run out of proposals or problems to fix at the Federal Level and soon you have a boring game where there is nothing left to be fought over, particuarly at the lower levels. So we contract and abolish them I suppose, having them been so undermined either intentionally or not, no? And then when the same thing spreads to the Federal level, then what, restart time?

Your syntax often throws me off, but are you really suggesting that the Federalist Party hasn't given us enough to be upset about with its own combination of policy-related inactions and spiteful actions, and that instead we're pulling real-life axes to grind into the game? That the left has or will be so successful that we'll run out of things to do? Do you believe we've reached that point, and that's the reason we now have so many "rather far left ideas"?

I think X was primarily being facetious at first, and you're getting too riled up at the moment. The real stresses of being a Chair haven't even begun to kick in yet, Yankee, so relax. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #226 on: February 28, 2014, 01:00:27 AM »

Settle down, folks. I've been working on some proposals, but I have been feign to put them forth because I know that Labor will certainly reject them. If Federalist game reform is that important to all y'all, maybe I'll write my Senator. Wink

I think I speak for all Laborites when I say I'd love to finally hear some Federalist game reform proposals Tongue

I should caution that any proposals are my own and I am not actually qualified to speak for the Federalist Party. I am just a member, with ideas of my own. Tongue

At least we'll finally be able to debate the merits of two actual visions (I hope Tongue ). 

Let me just say that there is a certain bill of yours that I like, for reasons altogether different from the ones that I'm guessing led you to propose it.

Thanks Smiley  Best not say that too loudly though, wouldn't want it getting out that you're sympathetic to the Radical Gay Communist Laborite Revolutionary Agenda Wink

People know that I am a little out there. As long as I don't go full nutter butter too often, there are no problems. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #227 on: February 28, 2014, 01:04:45 AM »

Settle down, folks. I've been working on some proposals, but I have been feign to put them forth because I know that Labor will certainly reject them. If Federalist game reform is that important to all y'all, maybe I'll write my Senator. Wink

I think I speak for all Laborites when I say I'd love to finally hear some Federalist game reform proposals Tongue

I should caution that any proposals are my own and I am not actually qualified to speak for the Federalist Party. I am just a member, with ideas of my own. Tongue

At least we'll finally be able to debate the merits of two actual visions (I hope Tongue ). 

Let me just say that there is a certain bill of yours that I like, for reasons altogether different from the ones that I'm guessing led you to propose it.

Thanks Smiley  Best not say that too loudly though, wouldn't want it getting out that you're sympathetic to the Radical Gay Communist Laborite Revolutionary Agenda Wink

People know that I am a little out there. As long as I don't go full nutter butter too often, there are no problems. Tongue

I have to say that you were always relatively reasonable and willing to compromise on a wide range of regional issues, especially considering that I nearly overthrew the region. Wink
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #228 on: February 28, 2014, 01:17:51 AM »
« Edited: February 28, 2014, 01:22:02 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Another interesting observation I just made is that you never denied that I was right in saying that the Federalist vision for game reform is to disrupt efforts at reform instead of offering its own vision.

That has been painfully obvious for some time. I'm wholly convinced that they don't even care about winning anymore, so long as they stop what I can only imagine from their perspective is an "unstoppable threat" to the game. Otherwise, I wouldn't still be going about discussing the utter lack of ideas or vision of said entity; apparently fresh ideas can't change the trajectory in their eyes and they've just given up.

Or Perhaps it is that Labor has run the well dry and is increasingly relying on pushing some rather far left ideas and then covering that fact when they are thus rejected with references and vague cannotions seeking to fan the flames of built up real life political resentments in order to attain the support of people who would be very unlikely to support such proposals directly.

Maybe that is the real problem. Sooner or later you run out of proposals or problems to fix at the Federal Level and soon you have a boring game where there is nothing left to be fought over, particuarly at the lower levels. So we contract and abolish them I suppose, having them been so undermined either intentionally or not, no? And then when the same thing spreads to the Federal level, then what, restart time?

Your syntax often throws me off, but are you really suggesting that the Federalist Party hasn't given us enough to be upset about with its own combination of policy-related inactions and spiteful actions, and that instead we're pulling real-life axes to grind into the game? That the left has or will be so successful that we'll run out of things to do? Do you believe we've reached that point, and that's the reason we now have so many "rather far left ideas"?

I think X was primarily being facetious at first, and you're getting too riled up at the moment. The real stresses of being a Chair haven't even begun to kick in yet, Yankee, so relax. Tongue

What are you talking about? The defeat of consolidation? I suggest you look back through the vote booths and see all the moderates and leftists who defected and helped killed it as well, driving it to as low as 40% in the nationwide vote. I realize you weren't here so maybe you overlooked that fact. What inactions are you talking about? We endorsed Duke in Ocotber and helped elect him even whilst running on the Duke Plan. In fact he got more Federalists then than he did in February as I recall.

What the heck else would describe labeling as gridlock us blocking nationalization of various industries and union run corporate boards. Which compromises half of all that was killed in this Senate session, a session you reviled for being gridlocked, no?

I beleive you will eventually, yes. Which is why I am on board with limited restarts in certain policy areas if necessary. Been on board wtih that for months.

The stresses of chairing a party, oh no, what ever will I do? I am so in over my head I have made such a grave mistake. It not like I...had to lead a Party all thoguht dead to a revival, staved off an insurgent Party seeking to supplant us first under the leadership of a certain someone from California and then someone from Texas (whose plan wasn't that different from yours actually regarding the IDS and the fact that it is called such is a testament to his success partially), attract the membership of a bunch of centrists who just the year prior the party had angered to no end (with no direct attempts to woo them even either at least not by me), deal with a bitter personal divide within the Party that nearly ripped us apart just as we had regained our footing, contend with a Presidential scandal, and watch as it all got ripped apart because some people got board with the duopoly and all that before you even joined this game...oh wait... Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #229 on: February 28, 2014, 01:32:48 AM »

So is that to say it is no go on either Regional Exemption or answering what issues should remain solely with the Regions so as to attract activity?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #230 on: February 28, 2014, 01:35:42 AM »

You're sperging too much here, Yankee - save your energy. I'll just address this:

The stresses of chairing a party, oh no, what ever will I do? I am so in over my head I have made such a grave mistake. It not like I...had to lead a Party all thoguht dead to a revival, staved off an insurgent Party seeking to supplant us first under the leadership of a certain someone from California and then someone from Texas (whose plan wasn't that different from yours actually regarding the IDS and the fact that it is called such is a testament to his success partially), attract the membership of a bunch of centrists who just the year prior the party had angered to no end (with no direct attempts to woo them even either at least not by me), deal with a bitter personal divide within the Party that nearly ripped us apart just as we had regained our footing, contend with a Presidential scandal, and watch as it all got ripped apart because some people got board with the duopoly and all that before you even joined this game...oh wait... Tongue

Yes, I'm familiar with all of that through various accounts, which is why I said what I said.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2014, 03:03:30 AM »

You're sperging too much here, Yankee - save your energy. I'll just address this:

Yes, I'm familiar with all of that through various accounts, which is why I said what I said.

I am pleased to see that Labor's skills at changing the subject when it gets a little to hot. We have gone from distrupting things, to Game Reform and now my reputation deserved or otherwise as a legendary Party chairman. I can only imagine what comes next.

How about this...
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2014, 03:04:40 AM »

By an overwhelming margin, Lumine has been endosed by the Federalist Party in this weekends special election to the fill At-Large #2, formerly held by Senator Tmthforu94.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #233 on: February 28, 2014, 03:05:00 AM »

Reminds me of my strategy with the CARCA (?) thread. Good times.

Smiley

Glad to see you admit it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #234 on: February 28, 2014, 03:06:58 AM »

Got nothing on the 2009 Convention. Of course that had already pre-derailed itself.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #235 on: February 28, 2014, 03:22:51 PM »

Official Ballot:
Party Chairman:
[2] Devin (F-WA)
[1] North Carolina Yankee (F-NC)

Vice Chairman:
[2] Dereich (F-MS)
[1] JohanusCalvinusLibertas (F-IN)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #236 on: February 28, 2014, 03:44:50 PM »

Federalist Party Leadership Elections Feb 27-Mar 2nd

Official Ballot:
Party Chairman:
[2] Devin (F-WA)

Vice Chairman:
[1] Dereich (F-MS)
[2] JohanusCalvinusLibertas (F-IN)
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #237 on: February 28, 2014, 04:02:13 PM »

Official Ballot:
Party Chairman:
[2] Devin (F-WA)

Vice Chairman:
[1] Dereich (F-MS)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #238 on: February 28, 2014, 05:32:36 PM »

Guys I'm hammered
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #239 on: March 01, 2014, 05:18:33 PM »

Official Ballot:
Party Chairman:
[2] Devin (F-WA)

Vice Chairman:
[1] Dereich (F-MS)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #240 on: March 02, 2014, 11:05:45 AM »

Official Ballot:
Party Chairman:
[2] Devin (F-WA)

Vice Chairman:
[1] Dereich (F-MS)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #241 on: March 02, 2014, 11:35:22 AM »

Official Ballot:
Party Chairman:
[2] Devin (F-WA)

Vice Chairman:
[2] Dereich (F-MS)
[1] JohanusCalvinusLibertas (F-IN)
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #242 on: March 02, 2014, 12:20:15 PM »

I am pretty sure this vote ran out of time twelve hours ago. Since the last two votes don't change the outcome, I see no problem in counting them unless anyone has objections.

I will post the exact results later and make it official at that point when I have enough energy to not collapse where I stand.

It think Dereich is ahead by a few votes and myself by quite a few.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #243 on: March 02, 2014, 02:44:22 PM »

I am pretty sure this vote ran out of time twelve hours ago. Since the last two votes don't change the outcome, I see no problem in counting them unless anyone has objections.

I will post the exact results later and make it official at that point when I have enough energy to not collapse where I stand.

It think Dereich is ahead by a few votes and myself by quite a few.

Dereich leads by 3, I believe
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #244 on: March 02, 2014, 06:26:42 PM »

NC Yankee (21) : TJ in Cleve, Spamage, PiT, Goldwater, Tmthforu94, Miles, Pingvin, Duke, Matt, Ben, MasterJedi, Devin, Rooney, DC al Fine, Jack Enderman, Cris, ChairmanSanchez, Pessimistic Antineutrino, RileyKeaton, Oldiesfreak, JCL 
Devin (0):   

NC Yankee has been elected Chairman of the Federalist Party of Atlasia. You are all so thorougly so unbelievably screwed now, Atlasians. Evil

Dereich  (13): TJ in Cleve, PiT, Miles, Duke, Matt, Ben, MasterJedi, DC al Fine, Jack Enderman, ChairmanSanchez, Pessimistic Antineutrino, RileyKeaton, Oldiesfreak,
JCL      (Cool : Spamage, Goldwater, Tmthforu94, Pingvin, Devin, Rooney, Cris, JCL

Dereich has been elected Vice Chairman of the Federalist Party. 
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #245 on: March 02, 2014, 08:06:28 PM »

Don't you hate (Cool
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #246 on: March 02, 2014, 08:18:44 PM »

NC Yankee (21) : TJ in Cleve, Spamage, PiT, Goldwater, Tmthforu94, Miles, Pingvin, Duke, Matt, Ben, MasterJedi, Devin, Rooney, DC al Fine, Jack Enderman, Cris, ChairmanSanchez, Pessimistic Antineutrino, RileyKeaton, Oldiesfreak, JCL  
Devin (0):  

NC Yankee has been elected Chairman of the Federalist Party of Atlasia. You are all so thorougly so unbelievably screwed now, Atlasians. Evil

Dereich  (13): TJ in Cleve, PiT, Miles, Duke, Matt, Ben, MasterJedi, DC al Fine, Jack Enderman, ChairmanSanchez, Pessimistic Antineutrino, RileyKeaton, Oldiesfreak,
JCL      (Cool : Spamage, Goldwater, Tmthforu94, Pingvin, Devin, Rooney, Cris, JCL

Breaking News: Federalist Chairman North Carolina Yankee lays out his party's vision for Atlasia "you are all unbelievably screwed now, Atlasians." Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #247 on: March 02, 2014, 09:29:27 PM »

Devin (0):  

Dereich  (13): TJ in Cleve, PiT, Miles, Duke, Matt, Ben, MasterJedi, DC al Fine, Jack Enderman, ChairmanSanchez, Pessimistic Antineutrino, RileyKeaton, Oldiesfreak,
JCL      (Cool : Spamage, Goldwater, Tmthforu94, Pingvin, Devin, Rooney, Cris, JCL

Breaking News: Federalist Chairman North Carolina Yankee lays out his party's vision for Atlasia "you are all unbelievably screwed now, Atlasians." Wink

I was under the impression must saw such as a positive thing.

I guess Nixy baby had a point yesterday. You have a "problem with love". Tongue You might want to see someone about that, man. Wink
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #248 on: March 02, 2014, 10:04:32 PM »

Devin (0):  

I was under the impression must saw such as a positive thing.

I guess Nixy baby had a point yesterday. You have a "problem with love". Tongue You might want to see someone about that, man. Wink

Now I am just confused Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #249 on: March 02, 2014, 11:41:03 PM »

I am just playing with you, man. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length