Rape
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:46:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Rape
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Rape  (Read 6669 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2005, 08:20:03 PM »

Then again, I am sure that his jail buddies will really "get to know him" once they figure out why he's there.

I have known/know quite a few people who have spent time in jail. They say that unfortunately this is not so true anymore as the jails are becoming full of this scum. The retributions for this atrocity is almost non-existent anymore.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2005, 08:27:08 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2005, 08:40:09 PM by Senator Gabu, PPT »

Well, when I've said in the past that I'm opposed to the death penalty, it's always been qualified by "because you can't know 100% sure that the person is guilty".

Obviously, that doesn't apply here.

This guy is seriously #%^&ed up and would be a severe menace to society if he was ever allowed to go free again.  As long as that doesn't happen, I don't really care what happens to the guy.

I don't support torture, and still don't, but this man has willingly relinquished his humanity.

I can only hope that the girl is able to recover.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2005, 08:32:57 PM »

Well, when I've said in the past that I'm opposed to the death penalty, it's always been qualified by "because you can't know 100% sure that the person is guilty".

What percent of those in prison do you REALLY think are innocent. Seriously. Do you really think more than 5% are innocent? I doubt it's even THAT high of a percent of prisoners. I know someone who was in jail for 15 years on manslaughter. Even he says straight up that the great majority of those in prison are right where they belong and he only ever met 1 person in all his years there that was actually wrongly accused.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2005, 08:41:53 PM »

So punishment is more important to you than therapy for this poor girl? You're pathetic.

They aren't mutually exclusive. The girl will get her therapy, and the man should be punished.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2005, 11:03:06 PM »

So punishment is more important to you than therapy for this poor girl? You're pathetic.

They aren't mutually exclusive. The girl will get her therapy, and the man should be punished.

But you would prioritize the punishment over the therapy?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2005, 11:29:10 PM »

But you would prioritize the punishment over the therapy?

Akno, they aren't mutually exclusive.  You can torture the guy and give the girl help at the same time
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2005, 01:38:22 AM »

What percent of those in prison do you REALLY think are innocent. Seriously. Do you really think more than 5% are innocent? I doubt it's even THAT high of a percent of prisoners. I know someone who was in jail for 15 years on manslaughter. Even he says straight up that the great majority of those in prison are right where they belong and he only ever met 1 person in all his years there that was actually wrongly accused.

One is too many
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2005, 03:15:01 AM »

Send him to jail throw away the key.  I'm not down with any sactioned torture to the guy, however if his jail buddies decide to take things into their own hands I wouldn't shed a tear
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2005, 07:25:08 AM »

One is too many

Correct Earl!  For the sake of that one, and for our own sakes, we must end the death penalty and reform prisons so that rape is not the norm there.  We should also make living conditions there better overal, with more space, more amusements, and so forth.

We need to stop assuming our own personal preferences are some form of objective 'right' and 'wrong'.  When we incarcerate someone we are doing it solely because it suits us, and therefore we should be mighty careful about when we resort to it, and mighty apologetic and considerate to the poor sacrificial lamb to society's rules.  Do it, yes, but don't lord it over the person, or tell him he is 'bad', whatever that means.

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2005, 08:19:51 AM »

One is too many

Another person that's against justice I see. No wonder the Democrats are getting beat nationally.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2005, 02:27:01 PM »

One is too many

Another person that's against justice I see. No wonder the Democrats are getting beat nationally.

No, by applying the dictionary definitions of 'justice' and 'injustice' you will see that jailing a person who did not in fact break the rule in question would be called an 'injustice', not an example of 'justice' being done.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=justice
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=injustice
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2005, 07:17:09 PM »

One is too many

"Against justice" is a funny term. How is a life of torturous solidarity any less justice than killing someone? They get out easy that way. You can refute the argument, but to just say anyone who disagrees with you is "against justice" is not a valid argument.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2005, 11:58:10 PM »

If this is true, it's disgusting.  Life without parole, I guess.  Castration would be more revengeful but weird.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2005, 06:42:56 PM »

One is too many

How is that being against justice? If anything, not wanting innocent people in jail is the most just thing there can be.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2005, 02:00:56 AM »

One is too many

How is that being against justice? If anything, not wanting innocent people in jail is the most just thing there can be.

The amount of people in jail that are truly innocent of any crime is minimal if existent at all.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2005, 02:17:18 AM »

One is too many

The amount of people in jail that are truly innocent of any crime is minimal if existent at all.

Again I say, one is too many. And it does exist, very much so. To say it doesn't, or has the possibility of not existing (as you have indicated) is truly ignorant.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2005, 02:25:51 AM »

One is too many

Again I say, one is too many. And it does exist, very much so. To say it doesn't, or has the possibility of not existing (as you have indicated) is truly ignorant.

Post evidence for me, k?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2005, 10:24:48 PM »

One is too many

Post evidence for me, k?

Are you trying to tell me there is not a single person who is inoccent in jail right now? That is laughable the odds of that happening are 1 in trillions, especially in the US which has one of the highest incarceration rates in the world.

How can I have any evidence if they could not prove their innocence in court? Just because they cant prove it however, doesnt meant they are not innoccent. Could be a number of factors.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2005, 11:00:00 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2005, 11:10:07 PM by J. J. »

If I were really interested in justice, 5 years.

It should be in a wing of a women's prison where the very violent inmates were molested as children. 

They can let out whatever is left, if anything,  in 5 years.

Oh, yes, they should video tape what the do to him and play it back.
MN--Troy
MNTroy
Rookie

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2005, 11:08:01 PM »

I would say most of you heard about the case where a Father raped his two or four year old little girl (can?t remember exact age) and then sold the tape on the internet. What should happen to that guy?

If that crime is true, it's really, really sick and horrendous. The father (if you can call him that) should be locked up in prison without any possible of parole inside a deep dark hole. Living inside a deep dark hole would be in his best interest because once the other inmates find out that he is a child rapist, he would probably end up castrated or dead.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2005, 01:26:17 AM »

I would say most of you heard about the case where a Father raped his two or four year old little girl (can?t remember exact age) and then sold the tape on the internet. What should happen to that guy?

If that crime is true, it's really, really sick and horrendous. The father (if you can call him that) should be locked up in prison without any possible of parole inside a deep dark hole. Living inside a deep dark hole would be in his best interest because once the other inmates find out that he is a child rapist, he would probably end up castrated or dead.

Well, sadly, not as much anymore. Prisons are quickly becoming full of his ilk and the chance of this sort of prison justice has quickly gone down over the years. I know this to be as I know two people who are good friends who each served 18 yrs for manslaughter.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2005, 01:27:49 AM »

One is too many

Post evidence for me, k?

Are you trying to tell me there is not a single person who is inoccent in jail right now? That is laughable the odds of that happening are 1 in trillions, especially in the US which has one of the highest incarceration rates in the world.

How can I have any evidence if they could not prove their innocence in court? Just because they cant prove it however, doesnt meant they are not innoccent. Could be a number of factors.

I think the amount of innocent people in jail is really insignificant. Probably 1% or maybe a little more. Most people in prison are guilty of SOME sort of crime. Whether it was the right crime is another story.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2005, 10:03:20 PM »

One is too many

Post evidence for me, k?

I think the amount of innocent people in jail is really insignificant. Probably 1% or maybe a little more. Most people in prison are guilty of SOME sort of crime. Whether it was the right crime is another story.

Everyone is guilty of some crime, if you think about it. How many of us have drank under age? jay walked? littered? As I have stated before, if there is one person in jail it is too many. And it is certainly not just to have people in jail for the wrong crimes.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2005, 10:47:58 PM »

He should be put in a tiny cell with an uncomfortable bed and toilet that only sometimes works. Food and water should be delivered to him from under the door and the food should be several steps below what pigs eat. He should never be allowed to have contact with anyone ever again.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2005, 12:02:42 AM »

Food and water should be delivered to him from under the door and the food should be several steps below what pigs eat.

I like Chris Rock's idea for feeding inmates: "just put a cow in the courtyard. whatever happens happens"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies