Should I change my name?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:35:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Should I change my name?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Should I change my name?  (Read 2468 times)
W in 2004
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 18, 2005, 11:27:22 AM »

I am trying to decide if I should change my name.  I would appreciate any suggestions. 
My political compass score is
Economic Left/Right: 3.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.54
I guess I will have to tell you a little bit about myself.  I am a college student.  I am a Lord of the Rings fanatic.  I like rock, some country, and classical music.  I don’t like to wear fancy clothing.  I would be most comfortable in Levi’s jeans, a t-shirt, and boots.  I like hiking and camping.  I have worked in landscaping.  My favorite restaurants are Outback Steakhouse and Cracker Barrel.  I have volunteered for a Pennsylvania state senator.  My favorite movies are The Lord of the Rings, The Patriot (with Mel Gibson), Braveheart (with Mel Gibson), and Cold Mountain.  If I did not live in the USA, I would want to live in Canada or Switzerland (I have been to both countries).       

phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 12:17:28 PM »

I am trying to decide if I should change my name.  I would appreciate any suggestions. 
My political compass score is
Economic Left/Right: 3.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.54
I guess I will have to tell you a little bit about myself.  I am a college student.  I am a Lord of the Rings fanatic.  I like rock, some country, and classical music.  I don’t like to wear fancy clothing.  I would be most comfortable in Levi’s jeans, a t-shirt, and boots.  I like hiking and camping.  I have worked in landscaping.  My favorite restaurants are Outback Steakhouse and Cracker Barrel.  I have volunteered for a Pennsylvania state senator.  My favorite movies are The Lord of the Rings, The Patriot (with Mel Gibson), Braveheart (with Mel Gibson), and Cold Mountain.  If I did not live in the USA, I would want to live in Canada or Switzerland (I have been to both countries).       

Free-Market capitalism would be around

Economic Left/Right: 8.25+
and a lower Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.50

Since putting social restrictions on capitalism hinders it somewhat.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 01:08:28 PM »

I see you're a LOTR fan, as am I.  You could pick the name of your favorite character.  Frodo is already taken, but I like Aragorn or Legolas as names.  Or you could pick one of the more obscure names like Beren,  Elendil or Mithrandir (Gandalf's elvish name) or something like that.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 01:19:38 PM »

I like it Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies