Bridgegate: The Fall of Chris Christie
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 01:31:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bridgegate: The Fall of Chris Christie
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Bridgegate: The Fall of Chris Christie  (Read 8875 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2014, 08:16:41 PM »

A Bridge Too Far?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2014, 09:19:41 PM »

The real scandal is that George Washington should be crossing the Delaware not the Hudson. Wink
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2014, 11:09:11 PM »

PPP reports that Christie is still leading the GOP primary polls after the scandal.
Do you guys think this is because he is a Teflon governor (to Republicans at least), or was his speech well received?
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2014, 11:46:42 PM »

What kind of environment is there at the Governor's Office that the aides thought this was okay? That's the thing I'm more concerned with it seemed like it was just normal procedure there and the Christie didn't need to be told. Makes me wonder what the Democratic mayors who did endorse were promised/threatened?
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2014, 12:06:28 AM »

PPP reports that Christie is still leading the GOP primary polls after the scandal.
Do you guys think this is because he is a Teflon governor (to Republicans at least), or was his speech well received?
I think it will still be a week or two before most Americans have even heard of this scandal.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2014, 12:41:56 AM »

I think it will still be a week or two before most Americans have even heard of this scandal.

It's already national news it was the leading story on the nightly news splashed across Yahoo, MSN, AOL I even seen a bit of it on my local news here in VA if they haven't heard about this by now their living under rock.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2014, 01:06:48 AM »

It's already national news it was the leading story on the nightly news splashed across Yahoo, MSN, AOL I even seen a bit of it on my local news here in VA if they haven't heard about this by now they're living under rock.

There are a lot of rocks.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2014, 04:31:14 AM »

What kind of environment is there at the Governor's Office that the aides thought this was okay? That's the thing I'm more concerned with it seemed like it was just normal procedure there and the Christie didn't need to be told. Makes me wonder what the Democratic mayors who did endorse were promised/threatened?

It's not the environment in the Governor's Office. It's the environment in New Jersey. Every NJ governor elected this century has had a major, debilitating ethics scandal.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2014, 08:17:35 AM »

Imagine how Republicans would be acting now if Obama staffers were behind this schedule.

• Renewed protests and riots
  • Fox News wouldn't stop talking about it
  • Republicans, including actual Congressmen and Senators would declare it a fact that Obama personally ordered it
  • Impeach proceedings, most likely
t_host1

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2014, 09:57:51 AM »

I didn’t catch the entire Q&A, Christie says all what he knew, was, it was a traffic study, for four days on the busiest bridged around; which reporter asked what the results were of the study?

On my sentencing formula that I proffered earlier, in the spirit of liberals progressing to equality, the carbon foot print from the 4 day traffic jam will be matched,carbon offset's, with the equivalent of all involved, too, determined the length of loss time for their driving privileges. And, no, Christie supporters, you cannot weigh the advantages for Christie over others on carbon consumption.   
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2014, 04:37:56 PM »

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/01/maddow-christie-theory.html

According to Rachel Maddow, the target was New Jersey Senate Majority leader Loretta Weinberg, who conveniently represents Fort Lee...

The Motive?

Democrats had been blocking State Supreme Court Justices (like a fillibuster) causing Governor Christie to call them "animals"
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2014, 06:09:55 PM »

Imagine how Republicans would be acting now if Obama staffers were behind this schedule.

• Republicans, including actual Congressmen and Senators would declare it a fact that Obama personally ordered it

Yes, imagine the response if the Obama administration had ordered the interstate highway system closed--including to emergency vehicles--for the duration of the government shutdown.  That is what this is equivalent to.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2014, 06:34:40 PM »

It is only going to get worse for Christie when they really start vetting this guy in a year. I remember the Romney campaign didn't want him due to the amount of skeletons he has in the closet.

Crazier sh**t has happen, but I don't think he will win the nomination.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2014, 06:36:29 PM »

It is only going to get worse for Christie when they really start vetting this guy in a year. I remember the Romney campaign didn't want him due to the amount of skeletons he has in the closet.

I think I recall hearing somewhere that one of the reasons Christie wasn't picked as Romney's veep is that he had skeletons in his closet already.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2014, 06:40:22 PM »

I think I recall hearing somewhere that one of the reasons Christie wasn't picked as Romney's veep is that he had skeletons in his closet already.

Yeah, it was in Halprien's book about the 2012 election.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2014, 11:04:52 PM »

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2014, 02:01:04 AM »

...and MSNBC would be ignoring it and the Democrats downplaying it, calling the Republicans desperate for scandals.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2014, 02:38:08 AM »

See, Obama showed 'em how it's done, he's brilliantly used the cover of Bridgegate to take out the water supply of WV largest city--that's how you do politically payback you [inks]ers.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2014, 04:54:22 PM »

Giuliani praises Christie's handling of the scandal.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2014, 05:47:14 PM »

Giuliani praises Christie's handling of the scandal.

Christie is doomed now.
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2014, 09:07:02 PM »

"Governor Christie, did you or did you not know about your staff's premeditated closing of the bridge?"

"Hmmmmmm.......lemme think about it........"

"What are you trying to say? That I'm corrupt? You wanna come over here and say that to my face, you little prick?!"

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2014, 01:41:18 AM »

Could the high unemployment in New Jersey hurt him more in the GOP primary?

He'll just blame the legislature.  Massachusetts had a high unemployment rate when Romney was governor, but that didn't stop him from winning the nomination.

And if having low unemployment as governor made you win elections as President, 1988 would have been a blow out Dukakis landslide.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2014, 08:29:09 AM »

We're still years away from the primaries anyway so my response would be...who cares?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2014, 10:28:20 AM »

We're still years away from the primaries anyway so my response would be...who cares?

The argument is that the "invisible primary" has begun and he won't be able to line up big donors.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2014, 11:34:51 PM »

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/01/haley_barbour_defends_christie_in_bridge_scandal_lashes_out_at_liberal_media.html

Add Haley Barbour to the list of prominent Christie defenders...it's beginning to look like he may survive after all.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies