Why is it so hard to find election data for Alaska? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:31:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why is it so hard to find election data for Alaska? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is it so hard to find election data for Alaska?  (Read 6579 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: January 03, 2014, 09:00:07 AM »

This has probably been asked a million times on here and for that I apologize, but does anybody know?  I don't know much about Alaska's voting trends other than that its rural areas tend to vote Democratic and a Democrat must do considerably well in the more conservative cities to win the state, which I expect is a result of racial divide.  Also, if anyone can post maps or data from the 2008 and 2010 Senate races, I'd appreciate it. Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 09:13:45 PM »

It is not difficult to find Alaska election results.  The Alaska Division of Election's website has precinct-level data available from 1960.  What is difficult is compiling municipality/borough/CDP results, since, as Lewis said, results are complied by state House District and absentees, early and questioned votes are not broken down by precinct.

What do you want from the 2008 and 2010 Senate races?  I have a 2010 Alaska database that includes 2008 and preliminary 2010 data.  I'd have to compile the final 2010 data, which takes a bit of time because the Division of Elections uses a PDF format that's not easily compatible with Excel.

I was looking specifically for maps.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 06:18:22 PM »

The maps that were posted are pretty much what I was looking for.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies