Ronnie Musgrove (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:08:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Ronnie Musgrove (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ronnie Musgrove  (Read 2348 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« on: March 16, 2005, 10:27:20 AM »

Musgrove was too liberal (for Mississippi), and Barbour had the Confederate flag issue.

It makes me sick when the party of Abe Lincoln plays the Confederate flag issue to their advantage

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 11:10:50 AM »

The flag is a total non-issue until the NAACP, ACLU, et al start telling you that they are going to try to get the rest of the country to boycott your state.  People tend to get a little   pissed off by such fascist tactics, and respond by keeping the symbol that pisses the fascists off.

Do you know? Ideologically, I'm  center-left and I don't have a problem with the Confederate flag at all - but both me, and my mother, can't stomach it when the GOP use it for their political ends

I don't really think anyone should play politics with the Confederate flag. It's a remimder of southern traditions. It symbolishes two societies of old: the positive paternalistic society and the negative segrgated society

Dave
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies