Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:57:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Author Topic: Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)  (Read 23214 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 29, 2013, 10:33:24 PM »
« edited: January 07, 2015, 12:36:21 AM by MW Governor LeBron FitzGerald »

Since I'm quoted as stating that I'm "highly considering" a run for Mideast Assembly, here is my office!

I'm free for any questions at all, but I will not have any answer for my decision on whether I will run for the Assembly or not until tomorrow. But, run or decline and win or lose, I will always stand  with the Labor Party in attempting to abolish economic inequality in the best ways possible by increasing funding to our schools and a number of social programs, decreasing military spending, and ensuring we have high income tax rates. As an LGBT member myself, I will also not tolerate any kind of oppression against minorities of any kind and will fight to make sure that the Sex Protection Act never goes into effect again as long as I'm either a citizen or a politician in the Mideast.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 10:34:41 PM »

What is your position on regional consolidation?
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 10:48:03 PM »

In the current state of things, we surely do need to consolidate some of these regions. The Pacific region is on its last legs with a lack of activity and needs to join with another region in order to survive while the Mideast itself does not have enough differentiating political ideology or diversity so that's definitely another region that needs to merge or be redistricted at least. I would support 4 or maybe even 3 regions in this issue and would foremost work to try and save the Pacific somehow from the disaster that they're currently in.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 10:49:49 PM »

In the current state of things, we surely do need to consolidate some of these regions. The Pacific region is on its last legs with a lack of activity and needs to join with another region in order to survive while the Mideast itself does not have enough differentiating political ideology or diversity so that's definitely another region that needs to merge or be redistricted at least. I would support 4 or maybe even 3 regions in this issue and would foremost work to try and save the Pacific somehow from the disaster that they're currently in.

3 out of 5 members of the legislature are left of center...
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 10:56:41 PM »

Elections as of late have been rather close between the right and left as well. Folks overestimate how conservative the Mideast is.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 11:00:20 PM »

Elections as of late have been rather close between the right and left as well. Folks overestimate how conservative the Mideast is.

Yeah, the Midwest is still Labor stronghold (though less so), the South is far more conservative and the Pacific has a Labor-NMAM majority. Along with the Northeast, the Mideast is the most diverse region in terms of voters and party strength.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 11:01:05 PM »

The Right in the Mideast seem to be far more to the right socially than other regions, and somewhat more willing to act upon an agenda.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 11:01:57 PM »

True, but the point is that the Federalists have had control of the Mideast for I think years now. If the Mideast were redistricted to include say, Minnesota, then this could be a very competitive region for sure.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 11:02:54 PM »

what is that hideous cartoon-thing in your sig
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 11:19:02 PM »

what is that hideous cartoon-thing in your sig
The next Ohio Governor, Ed FitzGerald. It's my top 2014 race with polls showing him in such close distance of Kasich. FitzGerald was my former Mayor of Lakewood and he's my current Cuyahoga County Executive and as opposed to a lot of Democrats nowadays, he's pretty socially and economically liberal and may have to fend off a primary challenge to his fiscal right.

FitzGerald is very much a progressive and he's going after the Kasich Administration for all of its flaws against women's reproductive health, voters, the poor, his failure to create jobs, and perhaps most of all Kasich's attacks on unions from the controversial SB5 to the right-to-work bill which is currently in committee. He has a lot of the same views that I have and is certainly a politician of the people for going out to every county in Ohio, seeing what troubles them in this faltering Ohio economy, and what he'll do as Governor to fix it to make our citizens feel much better. And as the flag background on the FitzGerald banner shows, he does represent what Ohio should be.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 11:22:45 PM »

i mean that's great but the cartoon and its dead eyes are creeping me out.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 11:34:56 PM »

i mean that's great but the cartoon and its dead eyes are creeping me out.
I might change it soon anyways because I have had it in my sig for awhile.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 11:37:06 PM »

No relation to you, I assume (or you would have said so).
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2013, 12:01:49 AM »

No relation to you, I assume (or you would have said so).
Unfortunately, no but he actually does belong to my church parish St. Luke's (even though I rarely ever attend mass anymore). I've just never liked a candidate as much as him ever since I've gotten into politics. Strickland was to pro-gun and had some socially conservative views since he wasn't even from Northern Ohio, but FitzGerald has a lot more liberal appeal than Strickland (or Portune) ever will. 

That sounds kind of catchy though! Fritz the Fitz Tongue  Maybe Fitz the Fritz?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 06:54:32 AM »

True, but the point is that the Federalists have had control of the Mideast for I think years now. If the Mideast were redistricted to include say, Minnesota, then this could be a very competitive region for sure.

The Mideast has had governors who considered themselves conservatives for years while the composition of the Mideast Assembly has undergone various changes. It's always hard to predict the outcome of our regional elections. That's what makes the Mideast such an exciting region.

As for the second point you have raised, I'm fine with that under the condition that the Midwest and the Mideast, the two relevant regions in this scenario, vote in favor of such a change in boundaries. Regions should not be changed or even dissolved against the explicit wishes of their own citizens, which is why I am opposed to the "Fix the Regions Amendment" in its current form.

Anyway, I encourage you to run for the Assembly because that would make for an interesting clash of political philosophies and ideologies.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2013, 10:24:51 AM »

Endorsed!
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 06:43:47 AM »

Thanks guys! Smiley

While I'm on this page to, I may as well update the current standings on those who have declared their candidacy for Mideast Assembly as of January 1st, 2014. Franzl (Also running for Governor), Inks, DC Al Fine, Njall, and me. They're all great and respectable opponents and I look forward to the strong competition we'll all bring.

As for the issues and proposals, aside from working with the Federalist leadership on education and regional reforms, I myself would propose a number of pieces of comprehensive gun control legislation especially if the Labor Party does well in the next election. Now before I get any critics on this, I do support the right to bare arms with total regard. However, that does not give any gun rights activist the right to buy a gun without a full examination of any potential criminal background. Also guns in bars, playgrounds, restaurants, and especially in schools for teachers should never even be considered either as those are unfortunate tragedies just waiting to happen. We can prevent gun violence, but it will take a lot of work and bipartisanship. Perhaps most importantly though, we must enforce a permanent ban on high-capacity magazines as there is no reason for why any gun owner needs more than 10 rounds at a time. For all we know, if this law had been enforced before the Tuscon tragedy took place, there would not have been nearly as many victims. Lives vanquished from political stubbornness. Another piece of legislation we need is a ban on assault weapons including .50 caliber rifles. Destructive, military style weapons are not fit for a regular citizen and should be illegal to ensure the most lethal of weapons are not obtained by criminals or terrorists of any kind. Also I would propose a bill that would ban conceal carry. While some may object that it goes against self-defense, it is too dangerous as it risks the lives and well-being of the Atlasian people as even the smallest altercation could result in the worst possible outcome. We certainly can't have that and that's why if elected a Mideast Assemblyman, I will stand for Sandy Hook, Chardon, Columbine, Aurora, Virginia Tech, Tuscon, and so many others. In fact, I know somebody who went to Chardon High School. He wasn't involved in the altercation that took place in the cafeteria, but you still have to pray that some of the people who could have died are alive. And in the case that these laws are passed, the worrying will significantly decrease. I can promise you that.

Now with that being said, I will still enthusiastically endorse Senator TNF, a strong pro-gun activist, in his re-election bid because as I mentioned, I respect the Bill of Rights and therefore the right to own a gun.
Njall
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -5.91

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2014, 05:43:25 PM »

Good luck Smiley Hopefully we'll be able to work together in the Assembly soon.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 08:25:38 AM »
« Edited: January 19, 2014, 02:57:29 PM by Adam C. FitzGerald »

Hi everyone! Smiley

The elections are underway and for any Atlasians registered in the Mideast who have yet to vote, you still have only 1 hour left to vote here! I encourage you all to vote for who you think could best represent you in the Assembly, but of course I will give a shout-out to the Labor Party! As for the current standings (not counting possible carry-over votes):

Executive Election:
Siren/OAM - 11 votes
Spiral/TJ - 22 votes
Franzl/Sibboleth - 5 votes

Legislative Election:
Inks.LWC - 8 votes (Re-elected)
JohanusCalvinusLibertas - 5 votes
Adam C. Fitzgerald - 4 votes
Njall - 5 votes
outofbox6 - 1 vote
afleitch - 3 votes
DC al Fine - 5 votes
Franzl - 5 votes
hifly15 - 1 vote
Write-In: Siren - 1 vote

So for the Governor election, with a lead of 11 votes, it's projected that the Federalist candidates Senator Spiral/Lt. Governor TJ will hold onto the Governor's Chair beating out Laborites Siren/OAM and CMP's Franzl/Sibboleth. And in the legislative elections, the Speaker is going back with the rest just too close to call.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 08:38:01 AM »

With the election over and the results in, Federalists have regained control of the Mideast Assembly under Speaker Inks.LWC, DC al Fine, and JCL as well as Njall, a Laborite, and Franzl of the CMP giving the Feds a narrow 3-2 majority.

I'd like to congratulate all of them, but with a full Federalist lock on power in the Mideast now, I am highly considering leaving this region and put my future endeavors within the grasp of the Midwest. The Midwest itself has only 1/2 the members that the Mideast does and it's clear to me that the Mideast has become too big of a powerhouse. The Midwest region's doing okay on activity, but I firmly support consolidation of the Midwest-Pacific or some other form of compromise to help the Pacific gets back on its feet. Whichever region I'll be in by March though, I can promise you all that I will be running again because while I did lose, I did run an impressive campaign and nearly unseated Assemblyman DC al Fine coming in 6th out of 5 seats up for grabs.

Also, I would like to congratulate Spiral/TJ on their impressive 2:1 win in the gubernatorial election, but we certainly could have been a lot better off with Siren/OAM with the amount of time and effort they put into their outstanding campaign. Wherever outgoing Assemblywoman Siren and OAM go from here, I wish them good luck and thank them tremendously for their support and confidence in my Labor campaign for the Assembly.

I'm still going to hold true to my big government principles and will continue to fight against economic inequality and for something to be done about gun violence. Clearly, nothing will be done with it now in the Mideast as I was hoping, but there's always the next election cycle right around the corner. With that, it's been a pleasure running this month-long campaign and look forward to wherever the road takes me.

In the meantime, look at doge:

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2014, 09:04:58 AM »

People leaving regions because of the results of one election is one of the major problems with Atlasia.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2014, 09:07:38 AM »

People leaving regions because of the results of one election is one of the major problems with Atlasia.

He's "Scott Brown-ing."
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2014, 09:17:42 AM »

He's "Scott Brown-ing."
You're really comparing me to that Tea Party whacko?

Brown lost by 7 points to Warren in 2012 and I narrowly lost which means I have potential whether I become a carpetbagger or not. I might decide to stay in the Mideast, but the surplus of people in this region is outrageous and simply have to have options. If you look at the statistics, there's 53 registered people in the Mideast with 9 people who ran for 5 seats and only 26 registered in the Midwest. It doesn't add up, but I'm still in the deciding process like I said.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2014, 09:21:22 AM »

There's a permanent right-wing majority in the Mideast. That's not likely to change anytime soon.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2014, 09:34:18 AM »

There's a permanent right-wing majority in the Mideast. That's not likely to change anytime soon.

Certainly not if left-wingers keep fleeing the region in protest.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies