Edward Snowden: Mission Accomplished
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:17:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Edward Snowden: Mission Accomplished
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Edward Snowden: Mission Accomplished  (Read 3735 times)
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2013, 05:28:31 AM »

He's damaged and strained our relations with a number of countries, among them Brazil, Russia and Germany. All for an attention whoring crusade to get paranoid children on the internet to love him.

You know who's really done damage to those relations? The US. Snowden just revealed what the US government had been doing for the past few years. It's sad to see so many Americans attack the messenger instead of focusing on their own government which has built up a security apparatus that the Stasi and KGB would be envious of.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2013, 01:05:55 PM »

Does anyone seriously believe Snowden's actions will result in another 9/11?

Well, since the government now needs a new tragedy to justify its surveillance of us, why wouldn't it do something like 9/11 again? Wink
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2013, 01:13:24 PM »

He's damaged and strained our relations with a number of countries, among them Brazil, Russia and Germany. All for an attention whoring crusade to get paranoid children on the internet to love him.

You know who's really done damage to those relations? The US. Snowden just revealed what the US government had been doing for the past few years. It's sad to see so many Americans attack the messenger instead of focusing on their own government which has built up a security apparatus that the Stasi and KGB would be envious of.

Indeed.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »

Interesting, in the long run Snowden's revelations haven't changed anything. The vast majority of Americans just don't give a sh**t and the WH basically ignored the recommendations from the review committee.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2013, 03:02:22 PM »

The end doesn't always justify the means. Spying on everyone and possibly even arresting completely innocent people to possibly thwart a terrorist attack is simply not what we should be doing in western democracies.
"Possibly"? What news have you been watching these past 12 years?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2013, 03:08:26 PM »

Excuse me Edward George W. Bush Snowden.  The mission is not accomplished.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2013, 03:09:21 PM »

The fact that the NSA is spying on everyone through every channel it can? Not surprising, if grossly unconstitutional.
The fact that they had 1000 sysadmins who had the rights to every operational detail in the agency? Shocking. As far as I'm concerned Snowden helped national security by exposing such gross malpractice.

^^^
This basically. Prior to Snowden, I for one at least was laboring under the delusion that the federal government was following its own rules and using its FISA privileges only when they had some reasonable suspicion the suspects were terrorists. Snowden has proven me wrong in dramatic fashion and I respect him for it.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies