Brewer for Midwest Representative!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 04:02:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Brewer for Midwest Representative!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Brewer for Midwest Representative!  (Read 3012 times)
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2014, 07:25:50 PM »

Sorry this campaign has been so dead lately -- these past couple weeks have been very hectic. However, I first want to take the time to say how grateful I am for Flo's recent comments on the state of the race.

Hello y'all. Today I'd like to talk about the Althing race that is currently heating up in the midwest, where incumbents Cris, Arturo Belano, and my loving husband, GAworth, and a political outsider, Brewer is running. I want to tell you that GAworth and Brewer are the only ones that would be active. In the last few months, the Althing has only been chugging along with the support of Governor Lumine and Serene Representative GAworth, which the latter has proposed nearly all of the bills currently in the Althing. Cris and Arturo Belano have been unbelievably inactive, and I don't think they deserve re-election. I believe that Brewer will be an extremely active Representative, one to compare with my beautiful husband, and a fresh new face in the althing will be good.

In short, I urge all Midwesterners to preference GAworth and Brewer as the Representatives in the Midwest, and all I can say is that, if either Arturo or Cris is re-elected, they better bring up their game because their inactivity in an elected office is deplorable.

Thank you very much.

Activity is exactly what this campaign is all about. I have nothing against Arthuro or Cris, but I believe we need representatives in the Althing who will be active members -- not be inactive all session and then make promises during reelection time. Anyway, I don't mean to to negative, but there's my two cents. Do with it what you will.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2014, 07:28:44 PM »

Also, in a recent RC poll that I was not able to vote in, had I put my vote in, we would be in 3rd place right now, which is good enough to get in. Yes, it was me and someone else only, but that's beside the point. The fact that everyone here is actually acknowledging my campaign is...awesome.Thank you. Smiley
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2014, 08:04:31 PM »

Just more stuff. Here are the two bills I have "sponsored" in the Althing since I first began my campaign a few weeks back. There will be more, however, soon.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2014, 08:34:47 PM »

Good to see you back on the campaign trail, Brewer, it will be a pleasure to work with you if you get elected. Good luck!
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2014, 09:42:22 PM »

If GAworth is ineligable to run, I urge all Midwesterners to first preference you.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2014, 02:01:11 PM »

The latest bill I sponsored.

[Quote]Defending the Unemployed Act 

Section 1. Prohibition of Job Discrimination Based on Status of Employment
1. It is hereby made illegal for an employer to discriminate against anyone seeking a job based on their being unemployed.
(i) No employer may put out a job advertisement including any provision that would suggest that the unemployed would be disqualified from said job.
(ii) No employer may put out a job advertisement including any provision that would suggest that applications from the unemployed would not be considered.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2014, 03:49:55 PM »

Seems pretty reasonable!
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2014, 05:38:36 PM »

With GAWorth being nominated to the Position of SoIA, it seems like I am set to be elected, hopefully! However, something could certainly happen in a day, so if ANYONE has ANY questions regarding my political beliefs, Atlasian beliefs, etc., please feel free to ask. I want to make sure everyone knows where I stand before they head off to the polls.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2014, 10:10:49 AM »

Hey there, folks. Two things for now.

1. As some of you know, a couple weeks ago I endorsed Midwest Governor Lumine across parties for the Senate. However, after some very careful consideration, I have decided to change my endorsement to fellow Labor member, TNF. Not because I am a flip-flopper or a backstabber, but because I do believe TNF's views resonate with me far more. I am endorsing and voting for Senator TNF.

2. I ran in January on a campaign for activity. Unfortunately, I must admit I have not been the most active legislator the past couple weeks. Expect that to change this week, as I will be sponsoring some more legislation soon. Do not lose faith in me! Cheesy
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2014, 10:13:29 AM »

1. As some of you know, a couple weeks ago I endorsed Midwest Governor Lumine across parties for the Senate. However, after some very careful consideration, I have decided to change my endorsement to fellow Labor member, TNF. Not because I am a flip-flopper or a backstabber, but because I do believe TNF's views resonate with me far more. I am endorsing and voting for Senator TNF.

2. I ran in January on a campaign for activity. Unfortunately, I must admit I have not been the most active legislator the past couple weeks. Expect that to change this week, as I will be sponsoring some more legislation soon. Do not lose faith in me! Cheesy
You have suffered from pneumonia, it's not your fault at all. We don't lose faith in you Tongue.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2014, 11:30:56 AM »

Since moving to the region at the end of January I forgot to give you my endorsement.

Endorsed!
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2014, 11:50:34 AM »

Thank you, Gass! Cheesy
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2014, 01:07:33 PM »

Thanks for your support, Brewer! Smiley If you ever need any help in drafting or proposing legislation, feel free to hit me up.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2014, 06:12:05 PM »

Hello, all.

When I first ran for Midwest Althing in January, I ran on a platform of unabashed activity, seeing as how dead the legislative body was at the time. Sadly, what with my poor start due to sickness, plus everyday life and school, my first term promise has gone kaput. Would I like to be a more active member of the Althing, by not just voting on bills, but sponsoring more of them as well? Yes, I certainly would. I've gotten two bills passed already -- two out of three, I might add, and I am looking to sponsor more within the next week or so.

My first term has not been as exciting as I hoped it would be, but I'm looking to change things in my second. That's why, today, I am announcing my candidacy for a second term in the Midwest Althing. I certainly hope I will garner the support of all those who supported and voted for me in January, and maybe even more. I can promise you that I will continue my service in fighting for Atlasian workers across the country, and am looking to serve as a more populist representative this time around. That's why I'm asking for you vote.

Thank you, and Dave bless.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2014, 07:41:08 PM »

Obviously endorsed.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2014, 08:34:58 PM »

Endorsed Smiley
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2014, 07:01:45 AM »

Alright folks, today is the day the election begins, so get on out there and vote! Preferably for Brewer! Tongue
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2014, 08:09:50 AM »

Another late endorsement!
Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2014, 08:25:17 AM »

I'll squeak in as well and give you an endorsement! Good luck today!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2014, 10:27:39 AM »

You seem fairly pragmatic. You have my endorsement.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2014, 04:10:51 PM »

Endorsed!
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2014, 07:02:52 PM »

Endorsed Smiley
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2015, 10:02:06 AM »

Boy, it's been a while since I've posted in this baby!

Plain and simple, the level of activity in the Midwest Althing right now is unacceptable. It's even been described to me by one prestiged Representative as being comparable to "herding cats". When I ran for the Althing a year ago, we were facing the same environment. I promised increased activity, new blood, and fresh ideas. Due to some uncontrollable OOC events, I was not able to enter my term with the boost of activity I had been expecting. However, I can promise you now that I am healthy, excited, and ready to get to work building a better region for all Midwesterners!

That's why I will be a candidate for the Midwest Althing in the fast-approaching March elections. We need Representatives who will stand up for workers and families across this region, while also being active enough to sponsor their own ideas and not simply sit by on the sidelines and ask their colleagues to carry a majority of the workload. My political views are in the link in my signature (please do not rely on answers previously given in this thread), and if you have any questions regarding my positions on any of the issues facing the Midwest today, please feel free to stop by and ask here, or shoot me a PM!

Thank you all, and for all Midwesterners out there, I hope to have your high-preference vote this election!
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2015, 05:51:45 PM »

I would quote this

Because I can't endorse your character on VUSA, I still can endorse you in Atlasia! Smiley

but because that is no longer valid (for now), might as well endorse you right off the bat Smiley
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2015, 06:03:49 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies