Should Inks resign as mod?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 04:37:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Should Inks resign as mod?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Should Inks resign as mod?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: Should Inks resign as mod?  (Read 3250 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 11, 2013, 11:18:13 PM »

This is pretty unacceptable I must say.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 11:19:25 PM »

I've said this of Inks before and also I think Torie and perhaps a couple other mods should resign.

If becoming a mod has turned you into a maligned cancer of the forum in the eyes of many/most other members... why wouldn't you resign?  You're obviously not doing it right.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 11:23:26 PM »

What is pretty unacceptable?  A mistake in assigning points that resulted in someone being muted for ~18 hours when they should have just been put on mod review?  I PMed Dave and got the situation corrected.  You think I should resign over that?

I hope you never accidentally short change a customer a dollar.  If you think depriving someone of the ability to post on the internet for ~18 hours is this serious, you must thing shortchanging someone deserves banishment to hell...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 11:25:27 PM »

Nah. Just mute him.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 11:26:29 PM »

What is pretty unacceptable?  A mistake in assigning points that resulted in someone being muted for ~18 hours when they should have just been put on mod review?  I PMed Dave and got the situation corrected.  You think I should resign over that?

I hope you never accidentally short change a customer a dollar.  If you think depriving someone of the ability to post on the internet for ~18 hours is this serious, you must thing shortchanging someone deserves banishment to hell...

Well I've never worked as a cashier.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 11:28:29 PM »

But if you had, and you accidentally shortchanged a customer by a dollar and didn't realize until the end of the day, do you think you should be fired?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 11:29:39 PM »

The silent majority support the mods. I don't see why Inks should resign for a mouse-slip?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 11:32:07 PM »

But if you had, and you accidentally shortchanged a customer by a dollar and didn't realize until the end of the day, do you think you should be fired?

If it was by a large amount yes. This is different from accidentally giving more death points than needed but being able to immediately correct it (equivalent to short changing a dollar but then realizing your mistaken and just giving the extra dollar and instant rectification.)

And Inks considering that my job involves a lot of cleaning up after others mistakes, and was even moreso during Apple, you won't find much sympathy for me in regards to it. Dealing with a customer after someone messes up or gives inaccurate information is F[INKS]ING HELL.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 11:33:46 PM »

If it was by a large amount yes. This is different from accidentally giving more death points than needed but being able to immediately correct it (equivalent to short changing a dollar but then realizing your mistaken and just giving the extra dollar and instant rectification.)

And Inks considering that my job involves a lot of cleaning up after others mistakes, and was even moreso during Apple, you won't find much sympathy for me in regards to it. Dealing with a customer after someone messes up or gives inaccurate information is F[INKS]ING HELL.

In my scenario, the person was unable to correct it because the customer had already left.

And are you honestly saying that you value the ability to post on the forum in the span of 18 hours as more than a dollar?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 11:35:24 PM »

Um yes. A dollar isn't even the value of the food I'm eating now.

Inks I know of people who were demoted to chat support for a different client because they didn't call a customer back when promised so the customer called back very angry and managed to get higher up.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 11:37:48 PM »

Also there's 8760 hours in a year. 8760/18 = 486.6666... So anyone who makes more than $487 a year should value 18 hours more than a dollar.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 11:40:01 PM »

Um yes. A dollar isn't even the value of the food I'm eating now.

Inks I know of people who were demoted to chat support for a different client because they didn't call a customer back when promised so the customer called back very angry and managed to get higher up.

So you'd fire the employee in my scenario?

Also there's 8760 hours in a year. 8760/18 = 486.6666... So anyone who makes more than $487 a year should value 18 hours more than a dollar.

So you'd pay close to $500 to use the forum every year?  Heck, maybe they should make you a mod... you like this place even more than I do.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 11:41:41 PM »

What is pretty unacceptable?  A mistake in assigning points that resulted in someone being muted for ~18 hours when they should have just been put on mod review?  I PMed Dave and got the situation corrected.  You think I should resign over that?

I hope you never accidentally short change a customer a dollar.  If you think depriving someone of the ability to post on the internet for ~18 hours is this serious, you must thing shortchanging someone deserves banishment to hell...

No... but as the cashier I might think "well, I need to do better at my job" rather than being like "AND IF YOU WERE IN MY POSITION DO YOU THINK YOU SHOULD BE FIRED FOR SHORTCHANGING A CUSTOMER A DOLLAR!?!?"

What is it with you and always insisting you were actually doing them a favor by not being harsher.

A rapist doesn't get acquitted because he only "put it half way in".

If you wanna be a dick as you seem to want to do.. then do it.  Be a dick.  Then everyone here will hate you and your job here will be to reprimand a community that thinks you're a piece of crap.

Be as harsh or lenient as you want.  And deal with the consequences.  There's a reason that cops only have other cops for friends.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 11:45:01 PM »

No... but as the cashier I might think "well, I need to do better at my job" rather than being like "AND IF YOU WERE IN MY POSITION DO YOU THINK YOU SHOULD BE FIRED FOR SHORTCHANGING A CUSTOMER A DOLLAR!?!?"

What is it with you and always insisting you were actually doing them a favor by not being harsher.

If you wanna be a dick as you seem to want to do.. then do it.  Be a dick.  Then everyone here will hate you and your job here will be to reprimand a community that thinks you're a piece of crap.

Be as harsh or lenient as you want.  And deal with the consequences.  There's a reason that cops only have other cops for friends.

I was very apologetic to Mechaman when it happened, but the calls for resignation over an accident that, in the grand scheme of things, really didn't have a huge effect, are pretty ludicrous.  The difference between my example and all of the examples that you gave is that mine was unintentional, while those are intentional.  At the point you can even comprehend making an analogy that uses a rapist to talk about the mods, you are taking this site, along with the entire Internet, way too seriously.

This had nothing to do with me being as harsh as I wanted.  I did something I didn't intend to do.  Thank God you're perfect and never make mistakes.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 11:46:55 PM »

This had nothing to do with me being as harsh as I wanted.  I did something I didn't intend to do.  Thank God you're perfect and never make mistakes.

It's not even about that. Our concern is the irreversible harm you've inflicted with your "mistake".
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 11:47:38 PM »

See the problem is that it's not just that Inks won't resign, he won't be penalized in ANY way. He gets off 100% scott free. Although based on his analogy again he should PayPal Mechaman at least a dollar.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 11:47:53 PM »

He should have resigned months ago. Unfortunately, even if he does resign, he'll only be replaced with another one of Torie's apparatchiks. Sad
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 11:48:01 PM »

Oh, right. People only call for Inks to resign over this. Nothing else.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 11:48:19 PM »

Oh no.. don't misunderstand me Inks.  I thought you should resign as a mod long before this.  In fact, this obvious mistake has no bearing on that at all.  I believe it was a mistake... but I am disheartened by the "...when he should've been mod reviewed" part.  Was it a mistake?  Or were you being Mr. Nice Guy again?

And I think my analogy using a rapist trying to get out of his crime with a "I only put it in half way" defense is particularly apt here.

Maybe I do take Atlas too seriously.  But that's up to me.  And it's my problem.  If I want analysis, advice, or commentary on the matter... I'll ask.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 11:49:11 PM »

It's not even about that. Our concern is the irreversible harm you've inflicted with your "mistake".

I caused somebody to not be able to post on a website for 18 hours... OH THE HUMANITY!  Seriously, do you guy actually believe the crap you say?  You're acting like I've caused some great travesty.  As for putting "mistake" in quotes, if it was on purpose, why would I have told the forum?  I could've easily gotten away with not disclosing it at all, ignoring the headache caused by all you trolls.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 11:51:04 PM »

Oh no.. don't misunderstand me Inks.  I thought you should resign as a mod long before this.  In fact, this obvious mistake has no bearing on that at all.  I believe it was a mistake... but I am disheartened by the "...when he should've been mod reviewed" part.  Was it a mistake?  Or were you being Mr. Nice Guy again?

What?  My intention was to give him 10 points.  That should have put him on mod review (but wouldn't have because of a loophole that affects, mainly only him and a couple of others, and he wouldn't have been on mod review until today).  What are you talking about being Mr. Nice guy?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 11:51:44 PM »

a loophole that affects, mainly only him and a couple of others

Who are the others? Everyone on the List? I'm worried about opebo and Gramps if so.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 11:52:44 PM »

This had nothing to do with me being as harsh as I wanted.  I did something I didn't intend to do.  Thank God you're perfect and never make mistakes.

I caused somebody to not be able to post on a website for 18 hours... OH THE HUMANITY!  Seriously, do you guy actually believe the crap you say?  You're acting like I've caused some great travesty.  As for putting "mistake" in quotes, if it was on purpose, why would I have told the forum?  I could've easily gotten away with not disclosing it at all, ignoring the headache caused by all you trolls.
If you shortchanged a customer a dollar and I, as your boss, brought it up... and you responded as you have here with "WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL... ooooooh *hands waving* I shortchanged a customer a WHOLE DOLLAR"

I'd tell you to get the f**k out of the building and not come back.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 11:53:24 PM »

actually "Just the Tip" is a well recognized legal defense in the state of Texas
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 11:53:50 PM »

a loophole that affects, mainly only him and a couple of others

Who are the others? Everyone on the List?

clarence and barfbag were a couple of others, as was jmfcst.  Those are the only 4 who I remember it repeatedly happening with.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies