The Record-Courier:(9-14 Edition)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:41:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Record-Courier:(9-14 Edition)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for in February for President?
Duke

Jerry Arkansas

Flo

SirNick

Sibboleth

Tyrion

Napoleon

Undecided

NOTA

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: The Record-Courier:(9-14 Edition)  (Read 9154 times)
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2013, 07:09:13 AM »

I would love to have an interview with this awesome paper too!
GAworth
United States

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2013, 04:26:49 PM »

Sure thing!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2013, 05:13:05 PM »

I'm always up for an interview, too.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2013, 05:34:03 PM »

Always happy to sit down with the Region's Senator. Smiley
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2013, 06:29:24 PM »

Great work so far! Also, I'll sit down for an interview, if there is room. Smiley
GAworth
United States

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2013, 07:19:37 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2013, 07:27:16 PM by GAworth »

The Record-Courier
Serving the Midwest . . . and the Pacific
Regional News
Dual Name of Provinces Amendment tied.
6-6 Vote, Governor Holds vote open.
The Dual Name of Provinces Amendment referendum has resulted in a tie. The Governor has announced he will hold the vote open until another voter has voted.  

More legislation makes it to the Althing floor.

The Althing has seen a flush of new activity in recent days.

Cheesewhiz, Vitality - The Althing has seen a flush of new activity in recent days. The passage of three laws and the debate of 6 others have seen the three member chamber flush with recent activities, although most of the activity has come from the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, Representative GAworth as well as Representative cris. So far no votes have been called. Debate and amendments continue, and we will continue to keep you informed.

A Part time Council?

Pacificans mull over having councilors who have other jobs due to shortage of candidates.

San Francisco, California - With controversy sparking over the Executive Order, we find that the council may have some part time Councilors. To fill the void, SoIA Superique has mentioned interest in being appointed a councilor. Some are suggesting that possibly a Senator could be a part time councilor (Flo or Tyrion). Such ideas however are illegal under federal law. We will continue to see what unfolds.

Spamage: Everyone is too worried about Nyman, come back to the Pacific.

He calls for all Pacificans to run to help re-build the Pacific.

San Francisco, California - In a passionate statement posted early this morning. Spamage called for activity to return to the Pacific. He said, “. . . there's been too many who are in the Pacific promising activity and reform one day and packing their bags for Nyman the next, before any real work can be finished.” Many in the Pacific Political scene know who he might just be talking about. One observer told us, “Come on, we all he is definitely talking about Flo, and probably Tyrion and Napoleon too.” Another analyst told us, “It is slightly amusing that he is playing the ‘how dare they go to Nyman’ card when he was a Senator his self . . . in Nyman.” He has announced in the speech that he is running for the Council. That makes three candidates so far, which if Governor PJ’s Executive Order stands, means all the seats have a candidate running.  

National News

Progressives vote on new Chair

The Midwest’s GAworth and the Pacific’s SoIA Superique have entered the race.

Rapid City, Vitality- Following the resignation of ME Assemblywoman Siren as Chair of the Party is voting on a new Chair. Due to the By-laws, the Vice Chair is also vacant as Pacific Governor PJ assumed the Chairmanship. PJ has declared his attention to run as vice chair again.  GAworth has called for a renewal of the Party and Superique has called for a focus on a common policy platform. “No matter which one of us wins, the Party will be in good hands. If I win, I want Superique to stay around as I will stay around if he is elected," GAworth told us. We will keep you informed on who wins.

What is the Party line?

With elections under way, we look at whether party line voting is the ticket.

Rapid City, Vitality - As the election for At-Large Senate is under way, we will be seeing people most likely voting straight party ticket. A federalist supporting Federalists, Labor supporting Labor, etc. but does that mean that like minded people will be elected? “Some people with the same party are vastly different. You have more moderate members and you have more hard line members, on both sides of the spectrum.” A Senate watcher told us. “Take consolidation for example,” he continued, “some Federalists want regional preservation, some want reform, some left of center people want reform, and some want regional abolition. You have to be careful not to lump them in the same pot.” So remember to check where they stand before you vote!
GAworth
United States

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2013, 07:23:09 PM »

Great work so far! Also, I'll sit down for an interview, if there is room. Smiley
There is always room for the Vice President!
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2013, 07:27:47 PM »

I'd like to request the Record-Courior's endorsement for tomorrows election Wink

(If you do that)
GAworth
United States

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2013, 07:32:29 PM »

I'd like to request the Record-Courior's endorsement for tomorrows election Wink

(If you do that)

I am keeping the Paper neutral. I believe that our news should not be another Partisan tool. Personally, you know you have my support.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2013, 07:58:41 PM »

The Record-Courier
Regional News
The Record-Courier celebrates its 10th issue and well over 1000 views.
“I want to thank everyone for reading the Paper, for commenting on the thread and for giving interviews. I truly appreciate the support I have felt from the entire political spectrum. I try, and emphasize try, to keep the paper critical of all sides where needed and to keep the partisan snipes out of my writing, I let my interviewees and op-ed writers say what they want without edit. If others would like to write articles for the paper, weekly columns or anything of that nature, I am more than happy to accommodate you. Thank you for making the paper one of the most read papers in Atlasia. – GAworth”

Pacificans react to Spamage Comments
After the impassioned speech, Atlasians react.
San Francisco, California – Spamage’s speech certainly did not go unnoticed by Atlasians. A Pacifican currently in Nyman told us “He was all too quick to attempt to run for President when it suited his ambition, and the region was in complete shambles then. Now, there's a new constitution in the works, high activity, a fixed legislative record, and incredibly competent officials. Spamage is in a glass house here, and he should know it.” Former President Averroes told Spamage to name names instead of “casting aspersions on every Pacifican who holds Federal Office.”  Although Spamage looks like he will be elected to the Pacific Council, will he have any friends? “It was a good idea and mantra, but I think it turned away more people than decided to join him,” another analyst told us.

Interview with Senator TNF

We sit down with the Midwest’s regional Senator to discuss legislation in front of the Senate.

1.    Of all the legislation you have introduced, and there are a lot, what would you most like to see passed?
“1. At present, I think that the piece of legislation I'd like to see most passed is the Co-determination Act. I am a firm believer in industrial democracy -- I believe that workers should eventually own the factories, the shops, the hospitals, the schools, etc. where they work and manage them democratically. The Co-determination Act establishes a framework for industrial democracy that will, I hope, blossom into full-fledged industrial democracy at some point in the future. As long as I'm in the Senate, you can be certain that I will be a tireless advocate of worker ownership and management of industry.”
2.   A piece of legislation that affects the Midwest is the State Name Recognition Act you introduced; do you think it can pass the Senate?

“2. I think it can. We have three members of the Senate that currently represent the Midwest; none of us really agree on much of anything, but we can all agree on is that we should preserve and protect the Midwest's longstanding and colorful history. While I am by no means an advocate of regional rights (in fact, I'd like to see all regions done away with), I am sure we will find willing partners on that side of the spectrum for preserving the integrity of the Midwest naming system.”

3.   Why do you believe that the penalty in the Amendment to the Responsible Contracting Act of 2013, you proposed, is the right one versus a cancellation of the contract and a harsh fine?
“3. To be frank, I loathe using middlemen like contractors to get results for the federal government, but if we are going to go through contractors or private organizations, those contractors, those private entities, need to recognize the right of labor to organize. If they don't, I have no qualms with quite literally cutting out the middleman and nationalizing the entity in question. Not only will this serve as a lesson to industry unwilling to take seriously the demands of their workers (and I will definitely seek to introduce legislation expanding this penalty to the whole of the private sector) but it will put us one step closer to industrial democracy by placing the ownership of industry in the hands of the Republic, who will then run those public enterprises jointly with the workers themselves, who will, of course, take full responsibility of managing those firms at some point or another.”
4.   What has made you such an advocate for union rights?
“4. I am a union brat. My father is a member of the United Steelworkers, my mother a member of the National Education Association; I have always been a supporter of the underdog all my life, and labor my friend is the ultimate underdog. As a person with a working class background, I can tell you that the working class has never had a greater friend than the labor movement. Without the labor movement, without democratic trade unions organized to defend the working class, than all of this great country would be in the hands of the takers, that is, the exploiters, the robbers, the capitalists. Now I'm not saying that the 1 percenters are completely out of power; far from it. Rather I am saying that the 1 percenters are on the run. We are closer today than at any point in Atlasian history of throwing the money lenders out of the temple, and I hope that I can say that I had a role in it as the working class' representative in the Senate.”

5.   Do you wish to stay in the Senate or seek another office?
“5. I plan on staying in the Senate as far as I can tell. I love legislating, I love debating, I love politicking. I have already declared that I will seek another term in the Senate come February, and I aim to keep that promise.”
We appreciate the Senators hard work and dedication and thank him for sitting down with us.
Staff Note Quotes are not edited, only formatting changes were made and no content was edited. [/size]

Due to character limits, we will be having a second release.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2013, 08:00:07 PM »

The Record-Courier
National News

Election is underway, who is leading?

We look at who is winning the various races.

Rapid City, Vitality- For At-Large Senators, based on our tabulations based on the votes ending with Earthling the next five Senators will be:
1.   Tmthforu94
2.   Talleyrand
3.   Shua
4.   Sibboleth
5.   Flo
We will provide more updates as the election continues.
Governor of the Pacific is PJ hands down.
Pacific Council is a tricky one. Based off of our tabulations of the votes ending with DemPGH, if the council is three seats:
1.   DemPGH
2.   Spamage
3.   Superique
Now that means Superique will have won while being an SoIA, so the next candidate would be Flo, which he is unsuccessful in the Senate race could mean he has a job. But if he wins the Senate then hats is in.
If it is five then we have a royal mess:
1.   DemPGH
2.   Spamage
3.   Flo
4.   Superique
5.   Hats
These would be the five victors, with Oakvale and Napoleon next in the rankings. A Progressive Union Party watcher told us, “it is sad, 4 seats would be great, but they aren’t even candidates for the position.”
The Last race is the race to replace Siren as Party Chair of the Progressive Union. The Midwest’s Representative GAworth looks to be winning by a wide margin.

Sit down with SoIA Superique

We sat down with the Secretary following his visit to Canada.

1.   What would the single currency look like, how would it work?

It would work just like the Euro but, unlike them, both Canada and Atlasia have the macro economical characteristics to do so. I know that many people will claim that this is a failed premise as it was with the folks on the Eurozone but the thing is that they didn’t have what Mundell described as an optimal currency area. The idea in fact is simple, Canadians and Atlasians would have a single banking authority and would share the same currency, without a name yet, we would leave our Atlasian Dollar and Canadians would leave their Canadian Dollar. However, the idea requires some controls in order not to see the disaster that is happening with the countries of Europe. If we are entering in this project, then we have to make a Fiscal Compromise, a single monetary authority and shared regulation on those areas. I’m not saying that it will be easy but, by allowing easier exchanges between the two countries, we will see thousands of benefits of a common currency.

2.   How was the idea received in Canada?

Well, I would be lying if I told you they received pretty well the idea. They are afraid of loosing their decision power, their sovereignty and their independence on monetary decisions but I’m still positive that we could convince them. We have seen that already on the debates of the Eurozone but I think that the benefits of this ideas will be greater then their fears. It’s pretty funny, but if you take a look at polls, there is only one province that really approves the monetary union and that is the French-speaking one, Quebec!  The idea is not ready yet, those are the first discussions and I did not expect Canadians be receptive at first.

One of the major problems of this discussion was the matter of the pre-Atlasian Area, when we were a country with high-taxes and low public spending and high-debt but those economical policies have been changing for a long time and now we share many similarities with the Canadians. We used to have balanced budgets, but now we are spending a little bit more on some programs so we will also have to pay our price to join in this single currency. I’m not saying that this will happen, but it’s likely that we will have to reduce some expenditure to be more in-line with the Canadian Economical Policies. However, some differences are not a real problem when we share a single currency, what is more important is having some compromises, joint-targets and follow the same long run intentions.

3.   Is this the start of a Union between Atlasia and Canada?

A political union is not the main target of our discussions; but we want better integration on many areas. If you are talking about an economical union, then yes this is supposed to strengthen the relationship that we have with Canada since NAFTA. Joint infrastructures projects are also being considered, Healthcare integration as well, but we are not working on a North American Assembly or any type of political integration. Since the Marokai Agreements, Atlasian Citizens that live in Canada our allowed to participate in Atlasians politics and I believe, as well as President Duke, that this more than enough for now.

4.   How would the relationship between the stock exchanges be strengthened?

I cannot give precise details right now, but my intention is to make the Canadian and the Atlasian Financial Markets so close that you wouldn’t even notice the difference. One of the options we currently have in our minds is allowing people to save in Canadian Dollars and making the Canadians accept the use of Atlasian Dollars as well. A joint action of regulation between the two countries and allowing free movement of capital between the two nations would also be very important in order to see this happening as well.  Once more, this also requires more integration within the Bank of Canada and the Federal Reserve, as well as a compromise on common regulation.

5.   How will Mexico play into this idea?

Mexico is a member of NAFTA and I see that we can work more on integration with them. However, I don’t believe that a common currency with them would be wise. Mexico is an emerging economy with different details on public spending and taxation and the union between Canada, Atlasia and Mexico would be far away of what we know as an optimal currency area. Even so, the benefits of a common currency between Canadians and Atlasians will also come to Mexico that will have to deal with fewer currencies and save some billions of dollars.

There are some areas that Mexico could act with us! We can work on investment programs, we can enhance the integration between our financial systems and we could even have more joint actions on some types of regulations and the healthcare system, sharing information, prescription drugs and efficient methods of care.  But what I think that is the most important issue with Mexico is immigration. I would like to see in the end of Duke’s Term a summit that deals with immigration of Mexican Citizens and create other types of movements like work visas or a study visa. Immigration is also something that should be deal with Canadians and sharing “Brains” would be something nice to see in North America!

We thank the SoIA for sitting down with us and look forward to seeing the developments as they unfold.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2013, 04:42:50 PM »

You're doing a great job GAworth, congratulations Smiley.

GAworth
United States

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2013, 05:00:32 PM »

You're doing a great job GAworth, congratulations Smiley.

Thanks Archduke, I will gladly do an interview with you early next week.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2013, 07:42:08 PM »

The Record-Courier
Regional News

Are Snickers doing the trick?
With relatively little partisanship, what can we learn from the Althing?
Cheesewhiz, Vitality-  Although not the most productive legislature in the land, it certainly is one of the more cordial chambers. The three member Althing consists of a member of the Progressive Union, second termer GAworth, Cris, a federalist first timer, and Labor newcomer Arturo Belano.  “Last session was much the same as this one so far; we had disagreements certainly, but never name calling or fireworks like we see elsewhere. We focus on the legislation and not the personalities, at least I try to, and I think that helps,” GAworth told us after being cornered after leaving the chamber. We look forward to seeing if this remains the norm in the Althing.

Spamage leaves the Pacific
After a heated exchange, Spamage moves to Joy (Minnesota).
San Francisco, California – After naming names on his speech in the Pacific, Spamage received much criticism from those he named in particular Tyrion. With no counter-argument from Spamage, the Federalist formally from Oregon, announced that he was leaving the Pacific and took residence in the State of Joy. This left many puzzled, one Council watcher told us, “So he makes a huge plea for everyone to get involved, but when he gets flack for what he said, he leaves? This is the Pacific there are tougher problems than someone attacking you after you called them out. Now the Pacific is short another councilor, and he looked like he was going to be elected.” The spat continued between both the men after move. Saying the other was the one doing political point scoring and not them and that the other had put personal ambition over the pacific. “In a way they are both right,” a political observer told us. We look to see how the story will continue to develop and try to keep you updated.

National News

Election update: Senate.

Who could make it to Nyman?

Rapid City, Vitality- We are leaving the Pacific alone due to the departure of one of the official candidates. So let us focus on the Senate. We are looking at the First Preference only, final vote of Fritz.
-   Talleyrand and Tmthforu94 are tied for 1st
-   Goldwater is next
-   Shua is next
-   And Flo, Mr. X, and Sibboleth are tied in last place.

A Sit down with Jack Enderman

We discuss a whole range of topics from IDS-Pacific relations to future plans.

Q: What are your thoughts on the degradation in IDS-Pacific relations?

“Well let me tell you first that I am very excited that we can hopefully resolve this after nearly four years... I am very supportive of this resolution. And I hope that the records show that I was one of the big supporters of this from the IDS to get this resolved. I really hope that the Pacific can pass their complimentary bill before the new year so we don't have to go three years of continuous bad relations. To be honest I'm pretty ticked off that Tyrion and Sbane is trying to go back at it again and continue this useless strife. But in my arrogant opinion, we said we tried to forgive them first.”

Q: What are your thoughts on the Duke Administration?

“Personally I'm slightly turned off that it is a "Log Cabin Administration", but I am definitely interested in the bicameral system attempt. My first bill was an attempt to make the IDS bicameral.”

Q: Turning to IDS politics, who do you believe will win the Emperorship?

“In my opinion I think because of the campaigning aspect, PiT is going to win. I also think that Mechaman switched to the D-R is to run to the far right of PiT to paint him as the liberal one, not Mecha.”

Q: What do you think when you read that JerryArkansas might run for President?

“I know Jerry beyond Atlasia. When I was thinking about it this morning I said aloud: "ABOUT TIME!", but I was alone so it wasn't awkward. Personally, if Duke decides not to run for re-election, I'm pushing for Matt/JerryAR.”

Q: What's your opinion of beastality?

“Eww! I hate it from the bottom of my heart. Its completely horrible and it is basically incest with animals. Not only is it disgusting, it is also deadly! I can't even think why we are debating such a lowly topic. Whoever does this definitely needs psychiatric help. Also those who would support such a measure to legalize this definitely needs a long, long talk.”

Q: What are your future plans?

“Right now I'm not thinking of going past the IDS legislature until I get three terms under my belt. Then I might run for At-Large Senate; or wait another two months and get four terms under my belt and run for Emperor. Then I really don't know what I'd do after August, I might move to the Northeast and run for office, or to the Pacific and be a councilor. Personally I have no clue what to do. But I can definitely tell you this: If you think that I'm going to run for national politics soon, I'm not gonna go that far until about ten months in the future...

Thank you for having me the privlege to participate with your paper, GAworth...  ”
 We thank him for sitting down with us.
Staff Note Quotes are not edited, only formatting changes were made and no content was edited. In the interest of transparency question 5 was one given to us by the subject, we respect our interviewees and agreed to publish the question.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2013, 10:02:52 PM »

Are you up for interviewing me GAworth?
GAworth
United States

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2013, 10:04:04 PM »

Certainly, I will send material tomorrow.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2013, 10:51:58 PM »

"Log Cabin administration?"
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2013, 10:53:23 PM »

Gay propaganda of course
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2013, 10:56:49 PM »

My administration and campaign in the past has been attacked for daring to love in a public manner. I can only assume this is yet another tomato being thrown at my heart, but thankfully love is so strong that it can survive anything.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2013, 11:00:35 PM »

My administration and campaign in the past has been attacked for daring to love in a public manner. I can only assume this is yet another tomato being thrown at my heart, but thankfully love is so strong that it can survive anything.

Don't let the 14 year olds get to you, Mr. President.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2013, 12:11:36 AM »

Hey, I just transcribe what was said, I don't give my opinion and don't edit.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2013, 12:16:18 AM »

Kewl beans.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2013, 06:57:44 PM »

The Record-Courier
Regional News

Althing holds votes on several bills
Three bills being voted on and another one close behind.
Cheesewhiz, Vitality- The MW Native Atlasian Revitalization Act, the MW Labeling of Products Act, and the MW New Dude, where’s my Government Officer? Amendment have all been passed. They follow the unanimous passage of the MW Judiciary Amendment. A vote was just started today for the Royalty legislation we covered earlier in the session and the Family leave legislation as well. The two Acts are sponsored by Representative GAworth while the two Amendments just passed are sponsored by Archduke Windjammer. The two bills up for a vote now are also sponsored by Representative GAworth. So far no legislation has been submitted from Representatives cris or Arturo Belano.
Governor Lumine kills Dual Name Amendment
Says it is outdated.
Cheesewhiz, Vitality – After the amendment tied, the duty fell to the Governor to decide what happens. The Governor decided not to approve the amendment and has re-introduced a new amendment without the claims to New Mexico. The amendments sponsor, GAworth, told us, “I respect the Governors decision, however, the claim to New Mexico doesn’t go away just because he removed it from the legislation. I gave my best shot at a compromise piece of legislation on State Names, and it failed and life goes on.” We wait to see if the new legislation moves on.

Pacificans hold breath for Council
With only two councilors elected, what is the fate of the region?
San Francisco, California – DemPGH (PRO – Oregon) and Xahar (NMAM-California) have been elected to serve in the chamber. All other write-ins were invalid because the candidate did not announce a write-in Campaign or left the region. We wait to see who if anyone will fill the seat.

National News

Profile of the Week: 

Former IDS Legislator JerryArkansas: A Change of Fortune:

By LumineVonReuental.

From now on and each week, I’ll choose an Atlasian who has made the headlines to write a profile about him, trying to make these citizens better known to the country while signaling accomplishments, record, political life and what they expect of the future. These Atlasians are previously informed and they consent to have a profile written about them, but they only provide basic information to speed up research.

Now, going into subject, our first Profile of the Week is the man who has singlehandedly reignited the presidential contest in Atlasia. With President Duke approaching half of his term, a growing rumor has former IDS Legislator JerryArkansas (currently a Mideast citizen) thinking about a presidential campaign to succeed Duke as the President of Atlasia. But who is JerryArkansas?

Jerry joined Atlasia a year ago, in December, a new Federalist in an Imperial Dominion of the South that was trying to find a balance in the middle of Operation Cottonfield. Jerry wasted no time in running for office, and proved his commitment to Atlasia by running in December for a seat in the Legislature. He received 18.5% of the vote in the first round, almost beating the famed Bacon King but losing by a few votes. However, with the departure of SJoyce from the Legislature, he was appointed to a Class A seat by then Emperor PIT.

The new Legislator would stay in the South until September, ten months of constant activity, elections and bills. “A change of fortune” defines him, for fortune did smile at him at a minute, and sometimes it did not. In January, the apparent excess of Federalist candidates caused a split vote on the right, which led to Jerry’s defeat. But with Ben Kenobi gone, Jerry returned that same month to the Legislature, easily winning reelection in February and April. Defining himself as a moderate, Jerry was a voice of compromise in the South, and the voters seemed to have rewarded that. Looking like he was at the top, Jerry dropped what seemed like a bomb in late March when he announced he was going to be a candidate against President Marokai, one of the earliest launched bids in our history. Despite words of encouragement from Wolfentoad, Alfred Jones and this humble writer, he failed to get traction, and once Clarence appeared on the stage, Jerry endorsed him.

Despite that, Jerry was still on the top of Southern politics, often cited as a potential Emperor. It was then when he decided to go Federal, and he fought the special Senate election against Gass and Superique. However, the goddess of fortune (or Atlasian politics, they’re the same) struck him, and he lost that close election. It got worse, since Jerry lost the June Legislature election with JBrase appearance, and in July, Griffin’s objectives with Operation Cottonfield were accomplished with Hashemite and Alfred Jones victory, denying Jerry a return to the Legislature. Another attempt in August ended when fellow Federalist Supersonic defeated him again. Nonetheless, he defines those days as productive, and given the good number of bills discussed during those months, they certainly where.

The next month saw a big change, since the former Legislator left his party. Jerry chose to leave the South, and he moved to the Mideast as an independent. He has been mostly silent… until now. While Presidential polls don’t look good right now, he says that many things are on his mind for the future: could be President, Senator or other offices. Jerry is a man who has experienced good times, and bad times, and he has witnessed a year full of events, often leaving his mark at them. He is not free of defects, but he is a positive voice in Atlasia. For that same reason, I say that one thing is certain about his future: JerryArkansas won’t stay silent much longer.
GAworth elected Chair of the Progressive Union
Vows to hit the ground running
Saturday saw the election of the Midwest’s own, Representative GAworth of Vitality elected as Chair of the Progressive Union. He thanked SoIA Superique for contesting the election with him, and asked for him to continue to serve the Party. The party then moved to the nomination of Vice Chairs. The Pacific’s Governor PJ and former Pacific Councilor now Senate hopeful Flo have both announced they are running for the job, a rematch of the race at the convention. Chair GAworth also opened the floor to nominations for Shadow Cabinet posts. “We have a lot of work ahead of us as a party, and a lot of work ahead for me as chair,” GAworth told us. In addition to the two nominations, he also announced he was creating a group to overhaul the by-laws.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2013, 09:22:48 PM »

I want a profile to me :/ I'm too lazy to right my own wiki thread...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2013, 03:25:50 PM »

I want a profile to me :/ I'm too lazy to right my own wiki thread...

I would like to write your profile right now, Superique, but my policy is to write about an Atlasian who has been very important in the news during the week. For the first profile I already had many candidates (Jerry, Flo, Sibboleth, DC, PJ, Spamage), and I guess the next one will be decided on Friday so I have enough time to research and interview.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies