Opinion of the Moderators
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 08:45:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of the Moderators
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Opinion of the Moderators  (Read 2964 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 01:31:48 AM »

Typical petty tyrants.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2013, 01:33:46 AM »

You don't need to love memphis to wear D-TN either. I know he rubbed some people the wrong way but that doesn't mean he deserves a ban/mute/whatever. Wear D-TN to show solidarity against needless censorship. This place is only going to be worth visiting if people can express their thoughts and ideas freely.

Except he hasn't been banned or muted.  Most likely he's more than moderately amused at the ruckus that has been kicked up and that explains his lack of posts.  The other option is a software glitch, tho if it is that, it is raising any error messages.

Since we've never been shy about announcing bans, I don't know why y'all keep mentioning a ban.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 01:35:48 AM »

Ya know, I'm not one of these anti-Inks posters, but he's disturbed me a bit.

I think it was earlier today or yesterday that Nappy made a thread suggesting that we should debate Inks' moderator status. When I looked at the Who's Online page, Inks was viewing that topic. Then, the thread was suddenly gone.

Seriously?  

Poor form, Inks.

Actually Napoleon deleted it (I was actually posting in it and when I went to post, I got the error), not me.  A bit of a shame that you as well have jumped to conclusions without knowing all of the facts, or even attempting to gather them.

I don't get it...

I'm so sorry I accused you of that Inks.

I should have done the obvious research.

You're right, shame on me.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2013, 01:36:31 AM »

Ya know, I'm not one of these anti-Inks posters, but he's disturbed me a bit.

I think it was earlier today or yesterday that Nappy made a thread suggesting that we should debate Inks' moderator status. When I looked at the Who's Online page, Inks was viewing that topic. Then, the thread was suddenly gone.

Seriously?  

Poor form, Inks.

Actually Napoleon deleted it (I was actually posting in it and when I went to post, I got the error), not me.  A bit of a shame that you as well have jumped to conclusions without knowing all of the facts, or even attempting to gather them.

I don't get it...

I'm so sorry, I accused you of that Inks. I

I should have done the obvious research.

Shame on me.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic...
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2013, 01:38:57 AM »

I mean, it was absolute shameful of me to jump to such a conclusion so quickly. I don't recall there being any precedent for such an action.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2013, 01:43:21 AM »

I mean, it was absolute shameful of me to jump to such a conclusion so quickly. I don't recall there being any precedent for such an action.

OK - so you're being sarcastic.  You make a mistake falsely accusing me of something; I point it out, yet I'm still the bad guy.  Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.  Look, man... before you went around accusing me, you could've PMed me for the details.  I openly admitted to locking and deleting the other threads.  I never mentioned that anywhere, so there wasn't actually precedent for such action.  It seems that the trolls are beginning to influence you.  Sure, if you believe their lies about what happens, the mods look like pretty bad people.  But if you do some investigating and find out the truth, almost all of the action we take is pretty uncontroversial.  I remember the anti-mod crowd criticizing me when I deleted a picture of a partially nude woman.  That's what these people do: they make a fuss about stupid stuff hoping that people will fall for the lies and jump on the bandwagon.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2013, 01:47:45 AM »

Yes Inks... you are the bad guy.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2013, 01:48:51 AM »

Because of what Miles said?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2013, 01:50:35 AM »

OK - so you're being sarcastic.  You make a mistake falsely accusing me of something; I point it out, yet I'm still the bad guy.  Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.  Look, man... before you went around accusing me, you could've PMed me for the details.  I openly admitted to locking and deleting the other threads.  I never mentioned that anywhere, so there wasn't actually precedent for such action. It seems that the trolls are beginning to influence you.  Sure, if you believe their lies about what happens, the mods look like pretty bad people.  But if you do some investigating and find out the truth, almost all of the action we take is pretty uncontroversial.  I remember the anti-mod crowd criticizing me when I deleted a picture of a partially nude woman.  That's what these people do: they make a fuss about stupid stuff hoping that people will fall for the lies and jump on the bandwagon.

No, which is why I prefaced my comment the way I did:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ok, yes it was an assumption on my part. I apologize.

I wouldn't go as far as you did to call it shameful though Tongue If you didn't go as far as you did in responding to my OP, I would have apologized right then.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 01:51:44 AM »

OK, it pains me a good deal to wear a blue avatar, but that's for a just cause. Tongue

aaaaand I did not want to be the first to do this so thank you guys.

Are you actually a toady or is this just because you hate memphis?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 01:52:46 AM »

OK - so you're being sarcastic.  You make a mistake falsely accusing me of something; I point it out, yet I'm still the bad guy.  Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.  Look, man... before you went around accusing me, you could've PMed me for the details.  I openly admitted to locking and deleting the other threads.  I never mentioned that anywhere, so there wasn't actually precedent for such action. It seems that the trolls are beginning to influence you.  Sure, if you believe their lies about what happens, the mods look like pretty bad people.  But if you do some investigating and find out the truth, almost all of the action we take is pretty uncontroversial.  I remember the anti-mod crowd criticizing me when I deleted a picture of a partially nude woman.  That's what these people do: they make a fuss about stupid stuff hoping that people will fall for the lies and jump on the bandwagon.

No, which is why I prefaced my comment the way I did:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ok, yes it was an assumption on my part. I apologize.

I wouldn't go as far as you did to call it shameful though Tongue If you didn't go as far as you did in responding to my OP, I would have apologized right then.

I didn't call it shameful; I said it was a shame--as in, you're a really smart guy--I don't expect you to get sucked in by the trolls.  But it seems as if you haven't; you just made a mistake... and I'm glad that seems to be the case.  Smiley
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2013, 01:54:08 AM »

I didn't call it shameful; I said it was a shame--as in, you're a really smart guy--I don't expect you to get sucked in by the trolls.  But it seems as if you haven't; you just made a mistake... and I'm glad that seems to be the case.  Smiley

Yes, I'm sorry. It really was just an oversight on my part Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2013, 01:54:43 AM »

Inks, was it you or Torie who just removed my poll questioning the fabled 'software glitch'?  I just posted it and within less than five minutes it was deleted.  You guys must be sitting on the edge of your chairs!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2013, 01:55:31 AM »

Yes, I'm sorry. It really was just an oversight on my part Smiley

Now, your avatar color is shameful... we've gotta work on changing that! Wink
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2013, 01:56:48 AM »

Inks, was it you or Torie who just removed my poll questioning the fabled 'software glitch'?  I just posted it and within less than five minutes it was deleted.  You guys must be sitting on the edge of your chairs!

Torie doesn't mod this board.  If you have any questions about moderated posts, I'll be happy to discuss them via PM, as always.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2013, 02:00:42 AM »
« Edited: November 13, 2013, 02:02:25 AM by asexual trans victimologist »

OK, it pains me a good deal to wear a blue avatar, but that's for a just cause. Tongue

aaaaand I did not want to be the first to do this so thank you guys.

Are you actually a toady or is this just because you hate memphis?

I think that our mods could be much better but the manufactured outrage at them is ridiculous and tiresome. I haven't seen any evidence of anything untoward happening to memphis and I don't dislike him enough to hope that something will.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2013, 02:01:34 AM »

Torie doesn't mod this board.  If you have any questions about moderated posts, I'll be happy to discuss them via PM, as always.

I really can't discuss it in detail because our posts are all just disappearing without any record - nothing reported to our 'moderated posts' list.  I suppose we have to keep a copy of all posts in word or notebook or something, because it is impossible to remember all posts without a record.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2013, 02:05:48 AM »

I really can't discuss it in detail because our posts are all just disappearing without any record - nothing reported to our 'moderated posts' list.  I suppose we have to keep a copy of all posts in word or notebook or something, because it is impossible to remember all posts without a record.

I reported and moderated the thread (although did not assign points), so it should be showing up in your "Moderate Posts" list.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2013, 02:08:05 AM »

Inks is just a troll.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2013, 02:08:45 AM »

I think that our mods could be much better but the manufactured outrage at them is ridiculous and tiresome. I haven't seen any evidence of anything untoward happening to memphis and I don't dislike him enough to hope that something will.

Come on, Nathan, his post were being deleted wholesale and now he hasn't posted in several days, and they're hinting at their usual bizarre story of a 'software glitch' (same thing happened to me a year or two ago).  Its absolutely the usual thing.

Its so reminiscent of the 'disappeared people' under South American dictatorships - just eliminate people, and deny everything.

This is the first I've heard of it. That's unfortunate if true.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2013, 02:10:04 AM »

I just had another post disappear. Sigh. I guess the discussion will have to be moved elsewhere.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2013, 02:10:53 AM »

I reported and moderated the thread (although did not assign points), so it should be showing up in your "Moderate Posts" list.

OK, I see it now - that is useful, as my memory isn't what it was.  But what I don't get is how questioning the veracity of a statement by you is 'trolling'.  We are require to just assume you are a saintly and infallible character?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2013, 05:18:09 AM »

Since we're taking all the flak for banning memphis anyway would it be ok with people if we actually did it now?

I just find it amazing that you people can draw so much entertainment from this pretty childish game of pretending the moderators are out to get you. I'd have expected it to get old by now.

Also, opebo, maybe we're just giving you the brutal dictatorship you like so much when it's directed against poor people in Libya or Thailand!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2013, 05:34:45 AM »

Also, opebo, maybe we're just giving you the brutal dictatorship you like so much when it's directed against poor people in Libya or Thailand!

Good point.  If opebo just pretends that Nym is Gaddafi, then is everything OK here?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2013, 06:46:10 AM »

I like the vast majority a great deal.  I've met a few in person and they're outstanding. We just have one on a power trip/grab and one who seems to have gone batsh**t crazy with the deleting and thread locking, which is just bizzare.   
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies