NM Police anal-probes man 8 times in search for drugs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:00:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NM Police anal-probes man 8 times in search for drugs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NM Police anal-probes man 8 times in search for drugs  (Read 1450 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 08, 2013, 12:06:18 PM »

(Reuters) - A New Mexico man has filed a lawsuit claiming police subjected him to repeated anal probes and enemas after a routine traffic stop because they suspected he was hiding drugs.

David Eckert, 54, claims violations of his civil rights in the lawsuit, which was filed in U.S. District Court in New Mexico in August but not make public until this week, his lawyers said on Wednesday.

"This suit is about stopping officers and doctors from subjecting people in their custody and control to unlawful sadistic medical procedures that violate the most intimate parts of the human body," attorney Shannon Kennedy said.

The legal action stems from Eckert's treatment by police after he was pulled over in January for failing to come to a complete stop while exiting a Wal-Mart parking lot in Deming, New Mexico.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/07/usa-newmexico-lawsuit-idINL2N0IR2HG20131107

WTF ?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 12:09:42 PM »

New Mexico is alien abduction country, so it's not like this sort of thing should be a new experience.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 12:40:42 PM »

What's really atrocious is that the medical center the police took him to in order to do the search billed Eckert for what they did.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 02:47:26 PM »

New Mexico is alien abduction country, so it's not like this sort of thing should be a new experience.

What's really atrocious is that the medical center the police took him to in order to do the search billed Eckert for what they did.

The two things that went through my head.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 03:03:03 PM »

when seven just isn't enough. 

Deming Police Chief Brandon Gigante told local KOB-TV, "We follow the law in every aspect and we follow policies and protocols that we have in place."

It's fortunate that KOB was on the scene immediately after Gigante had the plaintiff evacuated.

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 05:07:44 PM »

They're just being thorough.
Link
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 05:44:39 PM »

Deming Police Chief Brandon Gigante told local KOB-TV, "We follow the law in every aspect..."

Does it make things better that he can legally ass rape innocent men at random?
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 06:00:39 PM »

Ahh the war on drugs. Protecting us from fabricated dangers since 1972.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 06:43:59 PM »

This is kind of unbelievable.  There must be some information missing here.  What doctor is going to force someone to take medicine, go under general anesthesia and get a colonoscopy without their consent?  In what world would a colonoscopy be necessary to check someone's rectum for drugs?

Unfortunately, the believable aspect to this is that the police can arrest you for almost anything and strip search you as part of booking.  That's Constitutionally fine apparently.  This is a bridge too far.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 07:20:29 PM »

What'd they wind up finding up there? Treasure?
Link
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 07:23:30 PM »

This is kind of unbelievable.  There must be some information missing here.  What doctor is going to force someone to take medicine, go under general anesthesia and get a colonoscopy without their consent?  In what world would a colonoscopy be necessary to check someone's rectum for drugs?

It's heartening that the first medical facility refused to do the exam.

Unfortunately, the believable aspect to this is that the police can arrest you for almost anything and strip search you as part of booking.  That's Constitutionally fine apparently.  This is a bridge too far.

Yeah while people scream about St Snowden this stuff is going on day in and day out.  People need to get a grip and focus on real tyranny.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 07:58:41 PM »

Ahh the war on drugs. Protecting us from fabricated dangers since 1972.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 08:07:38 PM »

Time for the voice of law and order to chime in. Wink

Seriously though, i'd like to know whether there was a warrant obtained first. In Ohio a body cavity search without a warrant baring legitimate medical emergency. That said, people hiding drugs inside their butts or vaginas when discovered by the cops or brought to jail is VERY common. Cops warn them repeatedly 'don't bring drugs into the jail or it's another felony charge. And yet they do, over and over.

And can I just add that contrary to the airheaded myth of cops being sadistic pervs, they do NOT enjoy having to do strip searches--especially the 'turn and cough' part--at ALL. It is not the high point of their jobs to put it mildly.

Now why the heck they kept going after 7 dives is a tad beyond me.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 08:17:08 PM »

Seriously though, i'd like to know whether there was a warrant obtained first. In Ohio a body cavity search without a warrant baring legitimate medical emergency. That said, people hiding drugs inside their butts or vaginas when discovered by the cops or brought to jail is VERY common. Cops warn them repeatedly 'don't bring drugs into the jail or it's another felony charge. And yet they do, over and over.

And can I just add that contrary to the airheaded myth of cops being sadistic pervs, they do NOT enjoy having to do strip searches--especially the 'turn and cough' part--at ALL. It is not the high point of their jobs to put it mildly.

Why the heck they did even the first dive is beyond me.  After all, why would someone be smuggling dope there when they are driving?  I can see doing it when they are trying to smuggle the stuff into some place, but while simply driving?
Link
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 08:22:45 PM »

Seriously though, i'd like to know whether there was a warrant obtained first.

The article says they did get a warrant.

That said, people hiding drugs inside their butts or vaginas when discovered by the cops or brought to jail is VERY common. Cops warn them repeatedly 'don't bring drugs into the jail or it's another felony charge. And yet they do, over and over.

Yes but....

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's what got the party started.  Here's what went on at the party...

And what did they find...

You need to say MOST cops don't enjoy it.  These cops are sadistic animals though.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 08:23:35 PM »

Why the heck they did even the first dive is beyond me.  After all, why would someone be smuggling dope there when they are driving?  I can see doing it when they are trying to smuggle the stuff into some place, but while simply driving?

Better yet, he was exiting a Wal-Mart parking lot.  Fifty-year old man just decided to go walk around Wal-Mart with drugs up his butt.  
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 08:31:32 PM »

First off, yes, it's not at all uncommon for dealers to store their stash down below. indicted a fairly active dealer the other week who, just as tips indicated, carried his under his sack. Secondly, it's much more common for people holding to keister stash their drugs upon seeing the cops (notwithstanding the sphincter-tightening effect of seeing rollers in the rear view). Wink
Link
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 08:36:47 PM »

First off, yes, it's not at all uncommon for dealers to store their stash down below. indicted a fairly active dealer the other week who, just as tips indicated, carried his under his sack. Secondly, it's much more common for people holding to keister stash their drugs upon seeing the cops (notwithstanding the sphincter-tightening effect of seeing rollers in the rear view). Wink

Again...

Nothing about "tips."  Nothing about a gangsta's paradise.  Nothing about this guy slanging dope.  This was an innocent man who was literally raped by the system.  Do people understand now why I don't give two $h-ts what Snowden has to say?  This is tyranny boys and girls.  Take a good hard look.  Any time I see the red and blues behind me I know that it could be my last day.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 08:41:13 PM »

To be fair, if he was 54, he was due for a routine colonoscopy anyway... 

If this is constitutional, can the police forcibly administer drugs or sodium pentathal to an arrestee to get them to talk?  This is clockwork orange level crazy.
Link
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013, 08:49:24 PM »

To the apologists of this behavior our friends in the Russian media found out this gem...

http://rt.com/usa/new-mexico-police-rectal-inspection-328/

So the cops can go around ass raping innocent people based on an unlicensed K-9 dog's vocalization but you get butt probed if they think you didn't come to a complete stop driving out of Walmart.  Great.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2013, 08:59:00 PM »

Under the sack in not the same as up the butt.  Furthermore, the guy would have had to have been a contortionist to stash it there while driving.  Given all they did to this guy, they'd better have had some reason to have been suspecting him of carrying before hand, with the traffic stop having been done solely to give them n excuse to start their escalating series of searches. Even with a tip tho, I cant see how it would have justified what they did.  It's stuff like this that is why I am in favor of calling a halt to the War on Drugs.  The corrosive effects on society from trying to fight it are at least as bad as the drugs themselves.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 09:18:28 PM »

Again...

Nothing about "tips."  Nothing about a gangsta's paradise.  Nothing about this guy slanging dope.  This was an innocent man who was literally raped by the system.  Do people understand now why I don't give two $h-ts what Snowden has to say?  This is tyranny boys and girls.  Take a good hard look.  Any time I see the red and blues behind me I know that it could be my last day.

Didn't I say this seemed screwy? Your subsequent post about the dog not being properly certified explains a lot as that was the main basis for their search. Sounds like (and yes, I include that caveat because I rarely read a media story about crimes or lawsuits that are more than half correct, and remain suspicious till all details come out), and if so, this guy should do to their department what they did to him.

That said, I'm just annoyed at turning a single act of incompetence for which the perpetrators will surely pay dearly into an excuse for masterbaing fantasy cop hatred. Love the last line of your post. Spoken like a white suburban teenager keeping it real by listening to Soldier Boy. Roll Eyes
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2013, 09:30:54 PM »

Under the sack in not the same as up the butt.  Furthermore, the guy would have had to have been a contortionist to stash it there while driviing.

This factually, 2 + 2 = 5 incorrect. Happens CONSTANTLY. So unless there's dozens of contortionists in my neck of Ohio....Wink

So to reiterate, the cops f'ed up and will justly pay, but cops DO NOT go looking up people's asses for jollies or without good reason as it is quite litterally a $hity part of the job, BUT when they get evidence of it happening , which they do a lot because it happens a lot......
Link
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2013, 09:57:40 PM »

That said, I'm just annoyed at turning a single act of incompetence for which the perpetrators will surely pay dearly into an excuse for masterbaing fantasy cop hatred. Love the last line of your post. Spoken like a white suburban teenager keeping it real by listening to Soldier Boy. Roll Eyes

I understand that.  Most cops would not do this.  It's just like the cop shooting threads.  Most cops don't shoot anyone throughout their whole career.  I fear cops because it is a random event you can't control.  I've lived in bad neighborhoods with murders and if you kept a low profile and were not flashy you didn't have a problem.  The problem with the police is you can have one bad cop that happens to run across your path and no matter how innocent you are you are screwed.  From the time this guy went to get a loaf of bread at the local Walmart he was screwed.  It didn't matter if he never broke a law in his life, was a veteran, went to church, donated to charity, you name it.  A cop thought his car didn't quite make it to a full stop and that was it.  He was going to get raped.  There was nothing he could do about it.  The thought that that can happen to you in America is very unsettling.  But it is not a reflection on every or even most police officers.

By the way the absolutely scariest and most random moments of my life involved cops.  They were a tiny minority of my interactions with the police but I know I could have 15 totally normal interactions with the police but all it takes is one for you to end up paralyzed or in a pine box.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2013, 09:59:44 PM »

That said, I'm just annoyed at turning a single act of incompetence for which the perpetrators will surely pay dearly into an excuse for masterbaing fantasy cop hatred. Love the last line of your post

. Spoken like a white suburban teenager keeping it real by listening to Soldier Boy. Roll Eyes

I understand that.  Most cops would not do this.  It's just like the cop shooting threads.  Most cops don't shoot anyone throughout their whole career.  I fear cops because it is a random event you can't control.  I've lived in bad neighborhoods with murders and if you kept a low profile and were not flashy you didn't have a problem.  The problem with the police is you can have one bad cop that happens to run across your path and no matter how innocent you are you are screwed.  From the time this guy went to get a loaf of bread at the local Walmart he was screwed.  It didn't matter if he never broke a law in his life, was a veteran, went to church, donated to charity, you name it.  A cop thought his car didn't quite make it to a full stop and that was it.  He was going to get raped.  There was nothing he could do about it.  The thought that that can happen to you in America is very unsettling.  But it is not a reflection on every or even most police officers.

By the way the absolutely scariest and most random moments of my life involved cops.
Fair enough, though I'd correct that it was more than just a failure to stop, but rather a bad drug sniff and other circumstances that led to this ill concieved cavity search. But that's not particularly important in this cluster$%ck.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies