Hello. I am your new moderator
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 06:40:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hello. I am your new moderator
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Hello. I am your new moderator  (Read 5623 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 08:05:43 PM »

Congrats, Andrew!
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2013, 08:35:41 PM »

Weren't you already a moderator? Seem to recall you giving me points over Thatcher's death thread.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2013, 08:54:47 PM »

Weren't you already a moderator? Seem to recall you giving me points over Thatcher's death thread.

Yes, he's been moderator of International General Discussion for a long time, but now he's been brought in to Forum Community to replace Mikado here, since Mikado has been less active of late.

Basically, US General Discussion and Forum Community have been the most active boards in terms of people reporting posts of late, and Badger was the most active mod on both boards.  So in order to give Badger some additional help, afleitch is replacing Mikado here, and Ernest is being added to US General Discussion.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2013, 11:39:24 PM »

That's great, but why the [INKS] is BRTD not a mod?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2013, 04:28:17 PM »

Because the world still has an ounce of rationality left somewhere in it.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2013, 05:24:46 PM »

Because the world still has an ounce of rationality left somewhere in it.

This is an Internet forum.  What's rationality got to do with it?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2013, 08:26:01 AM »

It was nice knowing you guys. When 97-99% of my future posts on this board are deleted, we'll know why.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2013, 08:44:07 AM »

It was nice knowing you guys. When 97-99% of my future posts on this board are deleted, we'll know why.

He's never liked me real well, and it's because of his appointment that I would even be afraid to restart the Update.  I have no plans to reopen the Update, but his appointment makes me even more leery.  Inks isn't the only one I have to worry about anymore.  On the same token, I'm glad we have another active mod on this board to assist Inks and Badger.  A mod who most of the forum seem to respect.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2013, 08:46:44 AM »

He's never liked me real well, and it's because of his appointment that I would even be afraid to restart the Update.  I have no plans to reopen the Update, but his appointment makes me even more leery.  Inks isn't the only one I have to worry about anymore.  On the same token, I'm glad we have another active mod on this board to assist Inks and Badger.  A mod who most of the forum seem to respect.

Stop fishing for people to ask you to reopen The Update, my dear friend.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2013, 10:02:18 AM »

I doubt Andrew cares one bit.  You are not on his radar.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2013, 10:51:28 AM »

Yet more evidence that Bushie is keeping the Update closed because of moderator intimidation and bullying. Disgusting.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2013, 10:57:05 AM »

Yet more evidence that Bushie is keeping the Update closed because of moderator intimidation and bullying. Disgusting.

Outside moderator intimidation.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2013, 11:33:50 AM »

He's never liked me real well, and it's because of his appointment that I would even be afraid to restart the Update.  I have no plans to reopen the Update, but his appointment makes me even more leery.  Inks isn't the only one I have to worry about anymore.  On the same token, I'm glad we have another active mod on this board to assist Inks and Badger.  A mod who most of the forum seem to respect.

Bushie, that's nice and all but I'm afraid I don't care the way you think I care. I don't care what you do, what you count down to, what you eat, what work you do, or what infatuation you currently have. I find your Updates tedious, vapid and contrived. I didn't follow them. I developed a form of virtual-glaucoma so I could even ignore them while looking on the rest of the board. The fact that they have stopped was not an Event for me.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2013, 11:35:35 AM »

We must no longer tolerate the fascists' coercion.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2013, 11:38:13 AM »

I care about you even less Phil Grin
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2013, 11:51:22 AM »

This is part of the trap, my friends. Don't fall for it!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2013, 12:09:08 PM »

RIP Phil.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2013, 01:06:24 PM »

This is part of the trap, my friends. Don't fall for it!

Don't worry, we don't.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2013, 01:13:19 PM »

Muscles won't make you aesthetically desirable.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2013, 02:59:19 PM »

That's just simply, once again, not true.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2013, 04:33:46 PM »

Inks is right.  I was just wanting to make sure Andrew was okay with the Update being restarted.  Again, I have no plans to do so at this time, but I wanted to make sure to give him the respect he deserves to know whether the moderators are okay with it.  They all seem to be.  Though Torie urges against it, he's really powerless in the FC board.  It's not his board.  The moderators in control of the FC board, Inks and Afleitch are both okay with it, and I'm pretty sure Badger is as well.  So, with that said, there will be no Update Season XII opened at this time.  I'm going to try to be Update-less through the Holidays.  I've made it 12 days so far, so surely I can make it another 7 1/2 weeks.  I'll see once again when we get into January.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2013, 04:55:17 PM »

Inks is right.  I was just wanting to make sure Andrew was okay with the Update being restarted.  Again, I have no plans to do so at this time, but I wanted to make sure to give him the respect he deserves to know whether the moderators are okay with it.  They all seem to be.  Though Torie urges against it, he's really powerless in the FC board.  It's not his board.  The moderators in control of the FC board, Inks and Afleitch are both okay with it, and I'm pretty sure Badger is as well.  So, with that said, there will be no Update Season XII opened at this time.  I'm going to try to be Update-less through the Holidays.  I've made it 12 days so far, so surely I can make it another 7 1/2 weeks.  I'll see once again when we get into January.

I never said I was okay with it. The very fact that you continually open them, then close them, then open them again suggests that you thrive on the attention you receive. Because what are you without the Update? What else do you contribute? Indeed, if the things you say happen to you actually happen, I wouldn't be surprised if you allow them to play out in a certain way for the benefit of the forum, which is not helpful to you or your life choices. I have never been supportive of the public display of someones psychological neuroses. If someone gives you f-cked up advice and you take it and there are repercussions, then this forum could be held accountable.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2013, 05:21:17 PM »

Inks is right.  I was just wanting to make sure Andrew was okay with the Update being restarted.  Again, I have no plans to do so at this time, but I wanted to make sure to give him the respect he deserves to know whether the moderators are okay with it.  They all seem to be.  Though Torie urges against it, he's really powerless in the FC board.  It's not his board.  The moderators in control of the FC board, Inks and Afleitch are both okay with it, and I'm pretty sure Badger is as well.  So, with that said, there will be no Update Season XII opened at this time.  I'm going to try to be Update-less through the Holidays.  I've made it 12 days so far, so surely I can make it another 7 1/2 weeks.  I'll see once again when we get into January.

I never said I was okay with it. The very fact that you continually open them, then close them, then open them again suggests that you thrive on the attention you receive. Because what are you without the Update? What else do you contribute? Indeed, if the things you say happen to you actually happen, I wouldn't be surprised if you allow them to play out in a certain way for the benefit of the forum, which is not helpful to you or your life choices. I have never been supportive of the public display of someones psychological neuroses. If someone gives you f-cked up advice and you take it and there are repercussions, then this forum could be held accountable.

RIP Update. Sad

Also, the one and only time Bushie listened to advice, it prevented him from probably going to jail for money laundering. So maybe a little less blame on the good Update followers trying to help him, and a little more blame on the people depriving him of support structures that have kept him out of prison in the past.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2013, 05:35:45 PM »

Because what are you without the Update? What else do you contribute?

How dare you?  The Update contributes a thousand times you ever could.  Have a little respect.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2013, 06:17:32 PM »

Yeah, that's a very immoderate thing for a moderator to say. And the message is very muddled. Either you care or you don't. You must choose.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies