Mike Michaud's Gayness and the ME Governor's Race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:00:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Mike Michaud's Gayness and the ME Governor's Race
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Mike Michaud's Gayness and the ME Governor's Race  (Read 6931 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2013, 03:13:51 PM »

Ban the girl until she grows up.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2013, 04:06:13 PM »

You're just so mean to everyone, Becca.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2013, 04:17:06 PM »

It's fine. She and the rest of the anti-Michaud brigade's jumped the shark at this point.

My work here is done.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2013, 05:03:17 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2013, 05:06:37 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

Michaud acts like he IS representing Alabama.

Excessive hyperbole.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah, that's kind of ridiculous, but I'm not sure it's worth obsessing over.

Needs a more legitimate source before I'll take it seriously. Far more legitimate.

I guess Cutler could be considered more of a Democrat if you don't consider things like education, Medicaid, or policing--all of which are things that state governments do quite a lot of on a regular basis--important. (On some of these kinds of issues Cutler is admittedly almost or about as much of a Democrat as Michaud, but hardly more of one.)

Michaud's voting record in recent years incidentally has been entirely pro-gay.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2013, 05:36:02 PM »

Yet every time I have a disagreement with someone they belittle me with sexist remarks Roll Eyes

Sorry the truth hurts.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2013, 06:09:50 PM »

Michaud acts like he IS representing Alabama.

Excessive hyperbole.

Yeah, that's kind of ridiculous, but I'm not sure it's worth obsessing over.

Needs a more legitimate source before I'll take it seriously. Far more legitimate.

I guess Cutler could be considered more of a Democrat if you don't consider things like education, Medicaid, or policing--all of which are things that state governments do quite a lot of on a regular basis--important. (On some of these kinds of issues Cutler is admittedly almost or about as much of a Democrat as Michaud, but hardly more of one.)

Michaud's voting record in recent years incidentally has been entirely pro-gay.

You don't believe the impeachment thing? Yes, it's a source that reports things in a hella biased way but they don't just make facts up. Look up the resolution yourself. It happened.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2013, 09:59:47 PM »

No. We don't. It's not a source that's biased, it's one that peddles conspiracy theories.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2013, 11:25:00 PM »

No. We don't. It's not a source that's biased, it's one that peddles conspiracy theories.

Well you're wrong. It is absolutely true. It took 5 seconds to Google:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d112:h.con.res.00107:

The fact that the guy is getting laudatory articles in WND is exemplary of why I don't like him.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2013, 12:04:36 AM »

Well, looks like I was wrong. I'll own it, because I'mm fine. Since you decided to copypaste a broken link from the article, I decided to look it up myself.

You were right. Michaud supported it. However, I find it a little funny that you and Becca trumpeted how Amash and Paul supported it, but never mentioned that the resolution was also backed by famous right-wing Democrats Dennis Kucinich and Raul Grijalva (despite the latter withdrawing his sponsorship). Shame on them! They might as well switch to the Republican Party!

Michaud's always been anti-war, no matter who was in office. So much for the coward thing y'all had going.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2013, 02:14:38 AM »

You're still making this out to be a DINO-hunt? You won't see me complaining about that sort of thing that much and you clearly lack basic reading comprehension. How many times does it need to be said? The only reason I cared about this is because he acted as a soulless, spineless hypocrite  regarding gay issues issues. It's 100% personal.

The fact that there are other reasons to dislike him just prove he's not worth getting excited about regardless, but those are side issues. He flat out sucks as a human being in my book.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2013, 02:24:32 AM »

Okay.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2013, 02:40:33 AM »

Willips clearly questioned how much of a Democrat he was, you f(inks)ing egotistical dolt. I know you're the type who thinks that everything everyone says is about them, but unfortunately, I'm finding myself wondering why I still bother with a know-it-all with an overinflated ego like you.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2013, 04:11:18 AM »

YOU invoked my name. Sadly this is ALL you're focusing on and it's far from the main problem.

However, it is relevant as a side topic since people are saying "well he may have been a hypocritical piece of sh**t but he's a good Democrat otherwise." Apparently not.

And there's nothing wrong with admitting it's 100% personal. I refuse to support someone who can somehow live a life persecuting people who are just like themselves. What kind of sociopath does it take to do that just to maintain power? I can't believe people justify this behavior just to be team players.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2013, 01:07:03 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2013, 02:05:13 PM by Your new baseball overlord »

I don't know care what his district is like, it's not like it's Alabama or anything. I don't know how he could live with himself all this time.

Sounds like you were pretty concerned about purity before. You don't seem to care that a rural Catholic district that rejected gay marriage by over 20% would be fine with a gay man back then, and you don't seem to care that it rejected it again by 10%. You instead decided to stick your fingers in your ears and throw a tantrum like a child when your little stereotype didn't fit the mold. I also called out you guys for relying on an article to give you your information instead of looking up the source myself, and when I did my research, I found that the anti-war wing supported the impeachment measure, not the moderate wing. You don't have to dickride Obama to be a good Democrat, you just have to be consistent with the party's principles... which lo and behold he seems to be doing as foreign policy goes!

I'll be awaiting Willips's response, at least it'll be more civilized and overall much smarter than anything you've come up with. Don't blame me because I proved you wrong.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2013, 02:42:42 PM »

I'm sure that it's not impossible to discuss this in a mildly calmer manner, hmm...?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2013, 04:35:27 PM »

I'd just like to point out once again that Michaud's actual voting record has been entirely pro-gay for about the past five years, and was never unusually anti-gay. Not that this entirely excuses matters--it's difficult to see why exactly his position on ENDA, for instance, would have changed between 2007 and 2009, other than opportunism or possibly personal reasons (or both)--but it does mean that he is probably not a sociopath or in the business of persecuting anyone and certainly doesn't act as if he represents Alabama.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2013, 06:27:47 PM »

I'm sure that it's not impossible to discuss this in a mildly calmer manner, hmm...?

She gets what she gives me, which happens to be a giant ball of rage.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2013, 08:44:07 PM »

*insert needless and uncalled for kitchen troll joke to anger Becca here*
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2013, 10:06:09 PM »

*insert needless and uncalled for kitchen troll joke to anger Becca here*

Why use kitchen jokes when you can just prove her wrong? I'd imagine my way's much better for rustling her jimmies.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies