FL 2014: Crist is in.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:29:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL 2014: Crist is in.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: FL 2014: Crist is in.  (Read 9148 times)
JRP1994

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 02, 2013, 09:39:46 AM »

Charlie Crist has filed to run for Governor in 2014 as a Democrat.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ex-florida-gop-gov-charlie-crist-files-to-seek-the-office-again-this-time-as-democrat/2013/11/01/5bfa0ec2-433d-11e3-b028-de922d7a3f47_story.html
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 11:25:31 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 01:36:43 PM »

Ouch.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 01:39:18 PM »

Ignore Sagestalker. This is excellent news!
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 05:01:44 PM »

Can we trust this guy? I mean, he switched parties.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 05:49:40 PM »

This is wonderful news!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 06:11:54 PM »

No, because he switched twice (to an independent an then to Democrat)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 06:30:04 PM »

He's changed parties - but he hasn't changed his beliefs, which have stayed fairly middle-of-the-road throughout. A governor who extends early voting has no place in a party dedicated to voter suppression, one who opposes merit pay has no place in Krazen's GOP, and one who supports a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants has no place in CARLHAYDEN's GOP. Crist has always been a moderate in an increasingly far-right party; eventually something had to give. I'll be supporting Charlie.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 06:47:23 PM »

WHAT A PIECE OF sh**t! Ugh.
Nichlemn

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 07:19:34 PM »

I'd like to see him start trailing in the primary, drop out and run as Independent again.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 07:49:44 PM »

He's changed parties - but he hasn't changed his beliefs, which have stayed fairly middle-of-the-road throughout. A governor who extends early voting has no place in a party dedicated to voter suppression, one who opposes merit pay has no place in Krazen's GOP, and one who supports a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants has no place in CARLHAYDEN's GOP. Crist has always been a moderate in an increasingly far-right party; eventually something had to give. I'll be supporting Charlie.

Wow, he's been moderate on all of those issues? I'd love to have that kind of Democrat in Utah!

Better than Rick Scott. Much better than Rick Scott.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2013, 08:21:28 PM »

Wow, he's been moderate on all of those issues? I'd love to have that kind of Democrat in Utah!

Throughout his tenure as Governor - his big break with the Rs was his veto of the merit pay bill. Steve Schale has an excellent piece on the voting rights decision. First Republican governor to attend a NAACP convention too.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2013, 08:24:28 PM »

I agree that this is one of the few cases of, "I didn't leave the party; the party left me."
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2013, 08:52:36 PM »

You supported Shelly Berkley and Colleen Hanabusa, but you won't support Charlie Crist?
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2013, 09:47:35 PM »

You supported Shelly Berkley and Colleen Hanabusa, but you won't support Charlie Crist?
You see, Crist is a male.
Nichlemn

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 09:59:18 PM »

I agree that this is one of the few cases of, "I didn't leave the party; the party left me."

Gimme me a break. He may have been moderate for a Republican, but if Rubio hadn't happened he'd be a Republican Senator today.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 10:00:49 PM »

Gimme me a break. He may have been moderate for a Republican, but if Rubio hadn't happened he'd be a Republican Senator today.
This. Rubio is not exactly Ted Cruz. Crist put his ambition above Florida, and lost, and now wants to be relevant. It’s not like he was primaried by Rick Scott and quit being Governor.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 11:16:06 PM »

BS, there's only been one switch: Republican to Democrat. I don't consider what he had to do in 2010 a "switch."

Geez. It's not like I'd ask Crist to babysit my kids, but some of y'all just seem determined to be Negative Nancys in this thread.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2013, 11:49:28 PM »

BS, there's only been one switch: Republican to Democrat. I don't consider what he had to do in 2010 a "switch."

Geez. It's not like I'd ask Crist to babysit my kids, but some of y'all just seem determined to be Negative Nancys in this thread.
Why shouldn't we be? Crist is a total asshole.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2013, 11:55:16 PM »

He is?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2013, 11:58:10 PM »

Shoot, we actually agree on something...
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2013, 12:02:01 AM »

Umm, it has nothing to do with him being male. I don't see what Berkley and Hanabusa have to do with him anyway? Please explain.

He's a soulless piece of crap. He was a soulless piece of crap as a Republican, as an Independent, and he will be as a "Democrat." Anyone with a brain and any ounce of objectivity could see this.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2013, 12:12:41 AM »

This. Rubio is not exactly Ted Cruz. Crist put his ambition above Florida, and lost, and now wants to be relevant. It’s not like he was primaried by Rick Scott and quit being Governor.

Rubio happened because the part left behind people like Charlie Crist.

And the only reason Rubio is "not exactly Ted Cruz" is because Ted Cruz happened. You can't out-crazy crazy.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2013, 12:16:57 AM »

Umm, it has nothing to do with him being male. I don't see what Berkley and Hanabusa have to do with him anyway? Please explain.

He's a soulless piece of crap. He was a soulless piece of crap as a Republican, as an Independent, and he will be as a "Democrat." Anyone with a brain and any ounce of objectivity could see this.

Berkley was super corrupt and Hanabusa is opportunistic too.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2013, 12:17:49 AM »

Rubio is not Cruz-level crazy but he's Not A Scientist, Bro. Never Have Scienced, Never Will Science.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies