The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:00:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Author Topic: The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)  (Read 17928 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 01, 2013, 04:14:08 PM »
« edited: July 03, 2014, 06:04:29 PM by President Duke »

The People's Office

Welcome The People's White House. Here, you may find useful information as you wade through the game we call Atlasia. This thread is designed to give The People more access to the executive office than ever before. Gone are the days where the President is smarter than the rest of you. Now, he is one of you. Feel free to leave questions, comments, concerns, complains or death threats here.

Below, you will find the current team we like to fondly call the Duke Administration. You may also like us on Facebook and use that as another way to reach us.

Here is our A-Team:

President: Duke
Vice President: Cincinnatus
Chief of Staff: RowanBrandon
Press Secretary/Policy Advisor: HappyWarrior
SoIA: Cincinnatus
GM: Simfan
SoEA: Superique
Attorney General: Simfan
SoFE: Homelycooking
Deputy SoFE: Talleyrand
Registrar General: Fritz

Thanks for reading, have fun!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 07:25:56 PM »

*****Let it been known*****

This White House endorses Cincinnatus for pacific governor. He will serve The People like a prodtitute serves her pimp until the day he leaves office. He has our vote.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 08:44:54 PM »

I am not sure whether "This White House" or "our" or "The People" is meant to include me, as a member of the Cabinet, but I must state the following:

I do not publicly endorse candidates for any election so as to maintain, so far as is possible, the impartiality of my office, and I ask that no endorsements be made on my behalf.

I apologize for any offense: in all sincerity, none is meant.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 09:01:05 PM »

I know you'll be remembered as one of Atlasia's greats, President Duke and Vice President Matt!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 10:51:12 PM »

Don't worry homely my man, I am not speaking for you! I wouldn't dare!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 01:34:28 PM »

Best of luck to you, baby!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 09:32:16 AM »

You looked great in your gown during the inaugural ball the other night, sweetheart.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 10:52:27 AM »

Friends,

I am primed to veto my first of many bills, and before the picket lines begin to form outside this esteemed White House, I felt it was only right that I give my reasons to you, The People, on why I committed this injustice.

The bill in question is the Fair Labor Standards Act of 2013. My reservation is over one particular clause in this bill that I would otherwise sign - the clause that bans all unpaid internships. Now, many of you may ask, Duke, don't you care for the poor, helpless student who can barely afford Wendy's after a night of drinking? Yes! That is exactly why I am vetoing this bill.

My friends, unpaid internships are a learning experience. People gain invaluable experience and memories during those summers working for Congress or a corporation, and these internships typically open doors to these students that otherwise would never appear. When faced with the choice to pay interns or shut down programs entirely, businesses and the government will likely chose the ladder, and our government's actions will be responsible for the eradication of these opportunities.

I will not be the one to allow that. When I was elected in an overwhelming mandate, I was elected to GROW our economy, provide MORE opportunities for all women, men and children, and rid us of the shackles that have been holding our economy back for too long.

I am in favor of perhaps regulating these internships to treat their employees decently and give them meaningful work, but a provision like that would ultimately have no teeth. I understand the concerns many have over internships, especially after the death of the Bank of America employee this summer. That said, we cannot allow FEAR to drive us to pass a bill that will ultimately hurt our employment and opportunities for our young people even more.

I am a friend to the young and attractive ladiescitizens of this nation.

Feel free to leave questions, comments, etc, here, and either I or my press secretary will get back to you.

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 11:06:33 AM »

I applaud you for your decision, Mr. President.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 12:08:44 PM »

I applaud you for your decision, Mr. President.

Seconded
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 01:17:55 PM »

Thank you, Mr. President. This is a section that I strongly argued against but was unsuccessful in removing. As a college student, my ability to attain a high-paying job upon graduation would greatly diminish if this law were to pass IRL, especially since I am a journalism major!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 03:54:36 PM »

I am willing to accept a redraft concerning the unpaid internship section, especially now that we've got Nixcome as law. I implore you not to veto the bill but send it back to us with a redraft.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 04:11:50 PM »

I am willing to accept a redraft concerning the unpaid internship section, especially now that we've got Nixcome as law. I implore you not to veto the bill but send it back to us with a redraft.

Sure, that's my intention. Don't worry.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 04:20:32 PM »

Thank you Mr. President! Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 05:07:34 PM »

Thank you Mr. President! Smiley

Oh, no need to thank me. I was not familiar with how the redraft process worked since, well, this is my first time being President. I never intended to veto the entire bill. I just did not like the bit on internships and was not President during the debate.

After these initial bills are passed, expect me, for better or worse, to be a frequent contributor to senate discussion so we can all be on the same page.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 06:26:02 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2013, 06:29:23 PM by President Duke »

Regional Reform

Friends,

Currently on the floor of the Senate, there is a bill that attempts to place a bandaid over the regional question, and that, in my view, is a bit short sighted.

During the campaign, I unveiled a revolutionary plan that will do to Atlasia what the iPhone did for the mobile phone market. In that plan, I called for a reduction of the regions to 3 and a bicameral legislative branchI also included provisions that allow me to consolidate power and become king. Moving forward, I intend, if the Senate votes down the current bill, to open a thread allowing all Atlasians to participate in this debate.

We have all decided on a map to use, one that is aesthetically pleasing and makes sense. Now, we need to match the map with a coherent plan forward. As President, I was elected to hold all of your hands and lead this debate. If we are going to go the route of regional reduction, we need to do it right and do it big. My plan serves as a framework to accomplish just that.

In the next few days, we will get started with this debate. I encourage all Atlasians to participate regardless of how you feel about regional reduction or my plan. It is not the Holy Bible. It can change. This is our future we are talking about. Even if nothing comes of this, at least you can say you participated in the matter.

Thanks for reading, and I love you all.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 08:10:02 PM »

If the White House intends to lead the way in this regard, I think it would be helpful to have a clear target timetable. Legitimate discussion is to be welcomed, but obstruction is not, and setting dates would allow us to have a clear end in sight.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 10:08:34 PM »

I agree with Xahar. We need to see the stuff in order to be the stuff.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 09:28:15 AM »

Yes, we must have deadlines, otherwise we are likely to debate this ad nauseam.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 03:04:15 PM »

OK

With Homely's resignation, I am nominating former registrar general Fritz for the position. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments!
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 03:26:33 PM »

I am honored to be offered the opportunity to serve as Registrar General once again, and I look forward to confirmation.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 03:46:57 PM »

After ignoring all of my messages to join the new re-emerging Midwest, how could you Fritz? Sad
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 04:55:12 PM »

After ignoring all of my messages to join the new re-emerging Midwest, how could you Fritz? Sad

Yeah well, sorry.  The RG is really the only office I have any interest in, at least at this time.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 04:56:16 PM »

If the White House intends to lead the way in this regard, I think it would be helpful to have a clear target timetable. Legitimate discussion is to be welcomed, but obstruction is not, and setting dates would allow us to have a clear end in sight.
Maybe things would have gone a little quicker last session if we had all ten Senators participating and voting quickly?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 05:15:14 PM »

Maybe things would have gone a little quicker last session if we had all ten Senators participating and voting quickly?

Xahar, just in case you need this, I'll supply it for you...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies