HHS in 2010: 40-67% of those with individual insurance won't be able to keep it
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:20:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  HHS in 2010: 40-67% of those with individual insurance won't be able to keep it
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: HHS in 2010: 40-67% of those with individual insurance won't be able to keep it  (Read 7603 times)
Link
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2013, 01:58:06 PM »

For the record, since liberals insist on making up drivel, one can go to the BCBS website and get quotes for 2013.

The plan here comes up as $257 monthly in zip code 28078. The 2014 plan comes up at $1153.

If that is the link you are getting all your "information" from then now your posts make sense.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2013, 02:00:53 PM »

I'm the exact same age (62), and my monthly premium is  $998.00, so yes, if the numbers above are accurate, his plan must have had very limited coverage. There is no free lunch.

On the other hand, $1,208.00 with that high a deductible does sound expensive, very expensive, for North Carolina, and that is odd, since Obamacare is designed to subsidize olds. So that part does not add up, unless the pre existing condition waiver involves a very substantial additional cost, paid for by those not sick paying higher premiums than the actuarial risk situation would justify. It also suggests what will happen to the premiums of young folks who don't qualify income wise for big subsidies.

It has a $10k deductible. Of course, $10k isn't much money really, especially when the liberals are going to screw you out of $700 a month.

In fact, Mr. Torie, someone else in a similar situation in North Carolina has uploaded a copy of their bill. Two adults in good health, children grown & gone. Likely to be 50+ years old.

Link

What is the deductible on the $1208.00 plan?  At 62, that number is very important, because the odds are quite high that the deductible will be run through. So if the deductible for the Obamacare plan is $1,000, that means about 9K is in real play that needs to be taken into account when comparing premium numbers. I run threw my deductible in about 2 months myself. It's around 5K for me when all is said and done. What I like about my plan, is that I can go to any doctor I want (almost all are part of the Anthem system), and can do so without having to waste my time with some family practitioner drone guarding the gates to the specialty that I need (dermatologist, urologist, podiatrist, surgeon, neurologist, etc.). My sex and pot doctor is not covered by my plan alas, nor my plastic surgeon. I need more coverage!  
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2013, 02:02:27 PM »

For the record, since liberals insist on making up drivel, one can go to the BCBS website and get quotes for 2013.

The plan here comes up as $257 monthly in zip code 28078. The 2014 plan comes up at $1153.

If that is the link you are getting all your "information" from then now your posts make sense.

It's not too hard to get the internet to work. Maybe when you figure it out you won't spew nonsense.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2013, 02:07:17 PM »

I'm the exact same age (62), and my monthly premium is  $998.00, so yes, if the numbers above are accurate, his plan must have had very limited coverage. There is no free lunch.

On the other hand, $1,208.00 with that high a deductible does sound expensive, very expensive, for North Carolina, and that is odd, since Obamacare is designed to subsidize olds. So that part does not add up, unless the pre existing condition waiver involves a very substantial additional cost, paid for by those not sick paying higher premiums than the actuarial risk situation would justify. It also suggests what will happen to the premiums of young folks who don't qualify income wise for big subsidies.

It has a $10k deductible. Of course, $10k isn't much money really, especially when the liberals are going to screw you out of $700 a month.

In fact, Mr. Torie, someone else in a similar situation in North Carolina has uploaded a copy of their bill. Two adults in good health, children grown & gone. Likely to be 50+ years old.

Link

What is the deductible on the $1208.00 plan?  At 62, that number is very important, because the odds are quite high that the deductible will be run through. So if the deductible for the Obamacare plan is $1,000, that means about 9K is in real play that needs to be taken into account when comparing premium numbers. I run threw my deductible in about 2 months myself. It's around 5K for me when all is said and done. What I like about my plan, is that I can go to any doctor I want (almost all are part of the Anthem system), and can do so without having to waste my time with some family practitioner drone guarding the gates to the specialty that I need (dermatologist, urologist, podiatrist, surgeon, neurologist, etc.). My sex and pot doctor is not covered by my plan alas, nor my plastic surgeon. I need more coverage!  

2 people born in 1951. I suspect Mr. Schwab found something similar. I do not know his precise zip code of course and simply plugged in 28078.

Bronze 5500

Blue Advantage
MONTHLY COST

$126808
+   $634.04    You
+   $634.04    Your spouse
$1,268.08   Total

Family Deductible   $11,000 in-network / $22,000 out-of-network
Link
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2013, 02:07:45 PM »

It's not too hard to get the internet to work. Maybe when you figure it out you won't spew nonsense.

Anyone else clicking on this guy's link for that $257 quote and not getting an error?  Strange how everyone else's links just require a click but with Krazy we have to "figure it out."
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2013, 02:11:12 PM »

Anyone else clicking on this guy's link for that $257 quote and not getting an error?  Strange how everyone else's links just require a click but with Krazy we have to "figure it out."

We have this thing called google. If you aren't smart enough to do a search, and you can't make the links work, especially after I have told you where to look, that just simply shows that you have no clue to how to shop for health insurance. Sounds like a personal problem. Pretty typical of the lazy left.

Others knew that people like you would spew drivel and so they uploaded pdfs of their actual bills.
Link
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2013, 02:12:30 PM »

Ummm... yeah.  I don't think 67% of the US population can take a $11,000-$22,000 family hit every year.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2013, 02:13:38 PM »

Ummm... yeah.  I don't think 67% of the US population can take a $11,000-$22,000 family hit every year.

Don't project your shortcomings onto others.
Link
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2013, 02:13:55 PM »

We have this thing called google.

Cool.  So your link doesn't work.  Thanks.  Just post a link that does work.  It's not up to us to google evidence to support you.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2013, 02:20:29 PM »

We have this thing called google.

Cool.  So your link doesn't work.  Thanks.  Just post a link that does work.  It's not up to us to google evidence to support you.

Shrug. It works for me in 3 different browsers. It's not my responsibility to help someone who doesn't know how to shop for health insurance figure out how to do it when he insists on making nonsense up out of his head.
Link
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2013, 02:22:57 PM »

Again krazen the fact you have never worked, paid taxes, and run a household comes shining through.  I make more money individually than the average family makes combined.  I have also purchase health insurance and worked at a hospital.  I don't just post snark on the internet from stuff I googled in a half a$$ed way.

krazen you can't run a country based on the fantasy people in your head.  You have to look at real numbers and use common sense.  Median household GROSS income is less than $53,000/yr.  After you pay taxes, find food and shelter, and get transportation you and your wife aren't going to have that much left to live on.  You are going to be devastated if you take a single $20,000 hit.  And if you have some chronic condition or something that requires 3 years of treatment you can easily add another $10,000 a year.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2013, 02:24:21 PM »

Link

2 people born in 1951. I suspect Mr. Schwab found something similar. I do not know his precise zip code of course and simply plugged in 28078.

Bronze 5500

Blue Advantage
MONTHLY COST

$126808
+   $634.04    You
$1,268.08   Total

Yikes!!!!!!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2013, 02:25:57 PM »

This is supposedly the Obamacare option no?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2013, 02:28:03 PM »

Again krazen the fact you have never worked, paid taxes, and run a household comes shining through.  I make more money individually than the average family makes combined.  I have also purchase health insurance and worked at a hospital.  I don't just post snark on the internet from stuff I googled in a half a$$ed way.

krazen you can't run a country based on the fantasy people in your head.  You have to look at real numbers and use common sense.  Median household GROSS income is less than $53,000/yr.  After you pay taxes, find food and shelter, and get transportation you and your wife aren't going to have that much left to live on.  You are going to be devastated if you take a single $20,000 hit.  And if you have some chronic condition or something that requires 3 years of treatment you can easily add another $10,000 a year.

Wrong on both counts. Eventually you are going to have to start actually using real numbers and facts.

I know exactly how much my health insurance costs. It's a minor expense compared to the tax burden I have because of all these freeloading liberals around.

And since you can't make the internet work and insist on spewing drivel, here's a screenshot of the plan for 2 62 year olds in North Carolina. At least in 2013 before people like you started screwing them over.

krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2013, 02:29:11 PM »

That is the 2014 Obamacare Bronze option.

The Gold plan in North Carolina in the same zip code ($1k deductible) is roughly $1800.
Link
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2013, 02:29:43 PM »

I don't know what it is or in fact if it is even real.  The guy's link doesn't work.  What I do know is there is no way 67% of the population can can handle a $22,000 deductible so it doesn't represent the ideal situation for the majority of the people regardless or pre or post Obamacare pricing.

I really wish we could talk about the average plan for the average person.
Link
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2013, 02:32:35 PM »

Wrong on both counts.

Then what is the median gross household income for the US?  Unlike you I don't mind being corrected.  And the $20,000 and $10,000 was your numbers.  If they are wrong why did you post them?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2013, 02:34:49 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2013, 02:38:10 PM by Torie »

I don't know what it is or in fact if it is even real.  The guy's link doesn't work.  What I do know is there is no way 67% of the population can can handle a $22,000 deductible so it doesn't represent the ideal situation for the majority of the people regardless or pre or post Obamacare pricing.

Average as in median person?  Does the median person qualify for subsidies? I readily stipulate that Obamacare is a good deal for those in line to get large subsidies. And they should get subsidies, if based on means testing, and means testing alone (not by age, etc.). Pity we have this Rube Goldberg toy to effect it all, with the cross subsidies largely done through differential insurance premiums, rather than out of general revenues, with all the attendant distortions and limitation of options available. It all makes zero sense to me.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2013, 02:38:39 PM »

That would be fine as a point of view.  But Obama said "if you like your doctor, you get to keep that doctor. period" when he was selling Obamacare law.  Now if he said "if you like your doctor, you need to get over it and become adults and look for another one" during the Obamacare bill debates and then the bill gets passed then of course people now should no reason to complain as the consequences were made transparent.  But that was not what took place.

What's your point?  The people complaining the most about this are the same crowd that fervently defend "Iraq has WMDs pointed right at our throats."  In the long list of lies that politicians have told me in the last 10 years or so this ranks as not worth mentioning.

I hear you.  I did not approve of the Iraq War either WMD or not.  The day of the Iraq invasion was the day I broke with the GOP and did not vote for for GOP in any election until 2008 when I still planned to vote Libertarian and my wife who was very negative on Obama convinced me to vote McCain despite his position on Iraq.  Sorry if I am going off topic, I am equally negative on the "non-truths" Bush II have on Iraq and Obama on Obamacare.  Both are equally not acceptable.  That one took place does not justify the other.
Link
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2013, 02:42:35 PM »

Average as in median person?  Does the median person qualify for subsidies? I readily stipulate that Obamacare is a good deal for those in line to get large subsidies. And they should get subsidies, if based on means testing, and means testing alone (not by age, etc.). Pity we have this Rube Goldberg toy to effect it all.

To be honest with you I don't have much information about Obamacare.  I am really reserving final judgement until sometime next year.  I never rush into anything let alone this type of thing that is going to have a stampede of people going crazy on it for months.

People complaining about the website being slow or down must be joking.  After all the technological disasters from people like Apple I learned years ago to wait a few months for the dust to settle and for others to waste their time finding bugs and being inconvenienced before diving in.

Most of the chatter I see on TV and the internet is from biased people with an agenda.  I'm waiting for stuff to calm down and then get some first hand information and information from reliable people.

What I can say is even outside of the straight forward high deductible plans there are tons of other deceptive junk plans.  So it is in no way surprising certain plans were going to be shut down.  I don't see anything wrong with that.  Is it possible some good plans are being shut down and being replaced with worse plans?  Sure.  I just haven't seen anyone definitively make the case though.  Honestly haven't looked much though.
Link
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2013, 02:46:06 PM »

That would be fine as a point of view.  But Obama said "if you like your doctor, you get to keep that doctor. period" when he was selling Obamacare law.  Now if he said "if you like your doctor, you need to get over it and become adults and look for another one" during the Obamacare bill debates and then the bill gets passed then of course people now should no reason to complain as the consequences were made transparent.  But that was not what took place.

What's your point?  The people complaining the most about this are the same crowd that fervently defend "Iraq has WMDs pointed right at our throats."  In the long list of lies that politicians have told me in the last 10 years or so this ranks as not worth mentioning.

I hear you.  I did not approve of the Iraq War either WMD or not.  The day of the Iraq invasion was the day I broke with the GOP and did not vote for for GOP in any election until 2008 when I still planned to vote Libertarian and my wife who was very negative on Obama convinced me to vote McCain despite his position on Iraq.  Sorry if I am going off topic, I am equally negative on the "non-truths" Bush II have on Iraq and Obama on Obamacare.  Both are equally not acceptable.  That one took place does not justify the other.

For the record I did approve of it.  It was more a trust and naïveté thing.  I never voted for Bush.  Never approved of him as president.  But when people asked me about the war I simply said it is too big of a decision to make lightly.  He is the commander in chief and I have to trust him.  Besides I never imagined that a US president could mount an invasion on that scale based either on a lie or no information.  The thought was too disturbing for me to accept.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2013, 02:48:44 PM »

Wrong on both counts.

Then what is the median gross household income for the US?  Unlike you I don't mind being corrected.  And the $20,000 and $10,000 was your numbers.  If they are wrong why did you post them?

You have made up numerous lies about my personal financial situation. That's your business.

$10k is the deductible on the 2013 plan. $11k is the deductible on the bronze 2014 plan under Obamacare. Of course, the primary difference is that your dear leader hiked the premium by nearly $1k a month.

When you grow up and you buy insurance, including homeowners insurance, auto insurance, and others, you might realize that the point is not to hit the deductible every single year, and making some bizarre assertion that someone like Mr. Schwab would be hitting the deductible every year is of course pure nonsense. In the event that he did in a given year he would naturally tap into 40 years of savings.

Of course, you didn't do even the minimal research, but simply just made this up.

Anyone who has knows that something is fishy or impossible about two olds getting an individual plan for $228/mo. 

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2013, 02:51:23 PM »

Average as in median person?  Does the median person qualify for subsidies? I readily stipulate that Obamacare is a good deal for those in line to get large subsidies. And they should get subsidies, if based on means testing, and means testing alone (not by age, etc.). Pity we have this Rube Goldberg toy to effect it all, with the cross subsidies largely done through differential insurance premiums, rather than out of general revenues, with all the attendant distortions and limitation of options available. It all makes zero sense to me.
Senility creeping in?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2013, 02:52:33 PM »

Bronze 5500

Blue Advantage
MONTHLY COST

$126808
+   $634.04    You
$1,268.08   Total

Gotta love Obamacare.

memphis
Atlas Icon