State Department
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:43:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  State Department
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: State Department  (Read 15792 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2005, 01:30:22 AM »

This is why the other SecStates just stood around.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2005, 08:17:21 PM »

I'm not trying to give Seige a hard time, I just had some questions.

He's doing a very good job, actually...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2005, 08:27:07 PM »

Who melted South Dakota?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2005, 08:30:21 PM »

It's Somaliland. Tongue
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2005, 12:55:02 AM »

I think its great.  We're having a debate about our policy towards Bhutan of all places.  And we're only on the Bs!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2005, 12:57:50 AM »

I think its great.  We're having a debate about our policy towards Bhutan of all places.  And we're only on the Bs!

I am waiting for the Cs...Canada has needed sanctions for a long time! Wink
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2005, 06:09:31 PM »

The fact we are debating the merits of debating Bhutan proves that Siege40 is doing a very good job.
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2005, 06:13:52 PM »

Thanks guys. I'm currently working on C, I've finished the first 6 of 17. Next is Chile. I'll probably finish by Saturday, but I'm not promising anything.

Secretary of State Siege
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2005, 10:36:07 PM »

Thanks guys. I'm currently working on C, I've finished the first 6 of 17. Next is Chile. I'll probably finish by Saturday, but I'm not promising anything.

Secretary of State Siege

*sharpens rhetorical knives*

Grin
You'd better be nice to Mali, Senegal, and Ghana. And just wait until Somalia comes up...heh heh heh.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2005, 11:17:15 AM »

State Department of Atlasia[/b]

Foreign Policy Review [/u]

Cambodia - Czech Republic

Cambodia, Kingdom of - No trade or military restrictions are to be placed on Cambodia. Increased civil liberties are desired.

Cameroon, Republic of – While elections have been held in Cameroon their truthfulness is in question. It is a desire of the State department of Atlasia to provide democratic aid to Cameroon in their next election. Military restrictions are in place but no trade restrictions.

Canada, Dominion of – No trade and military restrictions shall be placed on Canada. Free trade is encouraged and the removal of all trade barriers.

Cape Verde, Republic of – No trade or military restrictions are to be placed on Cape Verde.

Central African Republic – Full trade and military restrictions are to be placed on CAR, until democratization begins and leaders of the coup are removed from power.

Chad, Republic of – Military restrictions, but no trade restrictions are to placed on Chad, there is has been problems in the past with military insecurity, until problems are resolved military restrictions will remain.

Chile, Republic of – No military or economic restrictions are to be placed on Chile.

China, People’s Republic of – The government of Atlasia requests that civil liberties are opened. Democracy is strongly desired, and the end of one party rule. However, given the current economic dependence on China, it is suggest that selected goods are tariffed. Full military restrictions are in place against China.

Colombia, Republic of – The democratic movement in Colombia is greatly encouraged. However, the large influence of cartels and militants concerns the State Department and it is the suggestion that aid is provided to put the rebels down.

Comoros, Union of the – The Atlasian government advises that the conflict over the sovereignty conflict of two islands be settled, if not be the African Union, than the United Nations. No economic restrictions will be placed on Comoros, but full military restrictions due to the conflict.

Congo, Democratic Republic of – Full military and trade restrictions are to be placed on Congo. Settlement of the conflict between the two Congos are suggested to be diverted to the African Union or the United Nations.

Congo, Republic of – Full military and trade restriction are to be in place. Democracy is encouraged and the removal of corrupt militant leaders. For views on the Second Congo War see Democratic Republic of Congo.

Costa Rica, Republic of – No economic or trade restrictions shall be placed on Costa Rica.

Cτte d'Ivore, Republic of – Full military and trade restrictions are in place.

Croatia, Republic of – No military or trade restrictions are in place on Croatia.

Cuba, Republic of – Full trade and military restrictions are in place against Cuba. The removal of Castro and the set up democracy in Cuba.

Cyprus, Republic of – No military or trade restrictions are in place on Cyprus.

Czech Republic – No trade or military restrictions are in place on the Czech Republic.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2005, 11:25:00 AM »

Denmark - Dominican Republic

Djibouti, Republic of – The strong presence of France and the weakness of local government and the lack of social and civic rights is disturbing, especially the lack of political protest. Full economic and military restrictions are in place against Djibouti. French actions in Djibouti should be noted as a blemish on their own record.

Dominica, Commonwealth of – No trade or military restrictions are to be placed on Dominica.

Dominican Republic – No trade or military restrictions are to be placed on the Dominican Republic.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2005, 05:49:32 PM »

Cambodia, Kingdom of - No trade or military restrictions are to be placed on Cambodia. Increased civil liberties are desired.

Cameroon, Republic of – While elections have been held in Cameroon their truthfulness is in question. It is a desire of the State department of Atlasia to provide democratic aid to Cameroon in their next election. Military restrictions are in place but no trade restrictions.

Central African Republic – Full trade and military restrictions are to be placed on CAR, until democratization begins and leaders of the coup are removed from power.

Chad, Republic of – Military restrictions, but no trade restrictions are to placed on Chad, there is has been problems in the past with military insecurity, until problems are resolved military restrictions will remain.

I suggest these four countries be treated similarly. In particular, I think military restrictions on Cambodia (Political Rights 6, Civil Liberties 5) are in order, especially given the level of insecurity and Vietnamese and Chinese influence in Cambodia - but no trade restrictions. Also, the CAR is no worse than any of these three, so perhaps we could lift the trade restrictions here?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I didn't realize the two Congos are at war with each other. Smiley I thought everyone and their dog was once embroiled in DRCongo's meltdown. In any event, RCongo (Political Rights 5, Civil Liberties 4) isn't as bad as DRCongo (6 each), so perhaps we could lift the trade restrictions on RCongo?

Your servant, Senator WMS
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2005, 06:11:40 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2005, 06:14:09 PM by Secretary of State Siege40 »

I suggest these four countries be treated similarly. In particular, I think military restrictions on Cambodia (Political Rights 6, Civil Liberties 5) are in order, especially given the level of insecurity and Vietnamese and Chinese influence in Cambodia - but no trade restrictions. Also, the CAR is no worse than any of these three, so perhaps we could lift the trade restrictions here?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I didn't realize the two Congos are at war with each other. Smiley I thought everyone and their dog was once embroiled in DRCongo's meltdown. In any event, RCongo (Political Rights 5, Civil Liberties 4) isn't as bad as DRCongo (6 each), so perhaps we could lift the trade restrictions on RCongo?

Your servant, Senator WMS

Speaking specifically on the case of the two Congos, the formal war has ended, but continued conflict rages on. Lifting trade restrictions on one would show a favouritism in the conflict, and given the nature of the two adversaries, I'd rather favour neither.

As for the first Cs, I'll change policy based on Cambodia, but the others I think I will keep as they are.

Siege
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2005, 06:14:07 PM »

Canada, Dominion of – No trade and military restrictions shall be placed on Canada. Free trade is encouraged and the removal of all trade barriers.

What's this!?  Canada is clearly a totalitarian communist dictatorship; just ask the authority on the matter, AuH2O. Smiley
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2005, 06:15:11 PM »

What's this!?  Canada is clearly a totalitarian communist dictatorship; just ask the authority on the matter, AuH2O. Smiley

Indeed, but angering Kim Il Martin is not advised at this time, and advocacy of a live and let live policy is advised.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2005, 06:15:54 PM »

Indeed, but angering Kim Il Martin is not advised at this time, and advocacy of a live and let live policy is advised.

Oh, okay, I see your plan.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2005, 06:25:20 PM »

I think we should have a Naso Foreign Policy:

Step 1 - A chef from each country prepares dinner every night for the President, VP, Cabinet, Senate, and Supreme Court.

Step 2 - Before the meal is served, Naso will taste it for poision (we don't want anybody important to die).

Step 3 - After the meal we all take a vote and if the majority of us are unsatisified, we nuke 'em!  If there is a tie, we just put sanctions on the country.

This way no country with bad food goes unpunished!

WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »

[snip]

Speaking specifically on the case of the two Congos, the formal war has ended, but continued conflict rages on. Lifting trade restrictions on one would show a favouritism in the conflict, and given the nature of the two adversaries, I'd rather favour neither.

As for the first Cs, I'll change policy based on Cambodia, but the others I think I will keep as they are.

Siege

Ah, geopolitics of sorts, eh Secretary? Wink

I am pleased on the Secretary's wise reconsideration on Cambodia and look forward to his further review of foreign policy.

-Your Servant, Senator WMS
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2005, 07:39:42 PM »

Cambodia

Cambodia, Kingdom of - Full military and trade restrictions are in place against Cambodia.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2005, 01:56:27 AM »

Given the horror that is California Cuisine, it is indeed fortunate that it is not an independent country.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2005, 02:09:55 AM »

Given the horror that is California Cuisine, it is indeed fortunate that it is not an independent country.

GASP!!!  Have you ever been to California Pizza Kithcen?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2005, 03:36:52 AM »

GASP!!! Have you ever been to California Pizza Kitchen?

I hadn’t even heard of it.  According to their website, they haven’t yet infected South Carolina with one of their places.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2005, 03:52:21 AM »

GASP!!!  Have you ever been to California Pizza Kithcen?

They have some interesting pasta dishes, but their defination of "Pizza" is a real stretch of the term.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2005, 03:54:21 AM »

Insulted I am!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2005, 01:46:07 PM »

Let us secede from these Hansel and Gretal SOBs!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies