Office of the Attorney General
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:09:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of the Attorney General
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of the Attorney General  (Read 2370 times)
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 06, 2005, 03:18:52 PM »
« edited: May 08, 2005, 09:58:01 PM by Attorney General MHS2002 »

This is the Office of the Attorney General, your one stop for anything legal in Atlasia. Follow the links below to learn about current bills on the floor and bills from previous Senate sessions, among other things. You can also ask questions or make comments in this thread here.

Atlasian Statutes

Atlas Supreme Court

Atlas Forum Constitution

6th Senate Archive

7th Senate Session: Statues of Bills, Amendments, Resolutions, and Nominations

Legislation Introduction Thread

Atlas Wiki

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 06:51:45 PM »

*bump*
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 07:09:50 PM »

Mr. Attorney General, while incompetent as I may be the 6th Senate business thread is starting to get a little sloppy. It is my suggestion to have a Passed Legislation post, debating legislation post, pending legislation post etc. etc. Pending first (i.e. before debate), then debating legislation, then passed, all in chronological order. Just a suggestion, it's not my place to question you, it's just tracking legislation for the NJ just got more difficult.

Siege
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 09:26:51 PM »

At the recommendation of Siege I will try and clean up the statute thread a little to make it easier for all to follow.
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 10:44:51 PM »

The big legislation thread will not be updated until Thursday night. Sorry, but I've been a little busy lately.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 10:48:29 PM »

The big legislation thread will not be updated until Thursday night. Sorry, but I've been a little busy lately.

The Wiki's been down anyway.
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 07:45:56 PM »

Attorney General Press Release: April 13, 2005

--Nyman, DC

AG Comments on Recent Legislation Passed by the Senate
I am very pleased to see that the first pieces of Atlasian criminal law have made it through the Senate. The Jury Selection Act and the Omnibus Criminal Law Act are two excellent pieces of legislation that will no doubt make Atlasia a safer and more civilized place. I would like to commend Mideast governor Bell, the Senate, and President True Democrat for their work in this area.

Odds n' Ends
I hope to create a statute thread on the Atlas Forum, similar to the statue used by Ernest and Peter Bell before the establishment of the Atlas Wiki. I also want to create on the Wiki a page that sorts legislation by category: for instance, election law, criminal/civil law, and social legislation. My hope is that I can complete these two projects by mid-May.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 06:53:29 PM »

You need to change the link to the Atlas Wiki.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 06:29:04 PM »

Mr. Attorney General, I direct you to the case pending in the Supreme Court.  You may wish to represent the Federal Government in this matter.
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 07:09:29 PM »

Mr. Attorney General, I direct you to the case pending in the Supreme Court.  You may wish to represent the Federal Government in this matter.

Alright, I will represent the Federal Government in this case.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 08:55:03 PM »

Alright, I will represent the Federal Government in this case.

Ok.  We will be hearing the case at around 6:30pm tomorrow, if you can't be online at that time just send me your arguments.
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2005, 09:53:37 PM »

Attorney General Press Release: April 30, 2005

--Nyman, DC

Thoughts on Atlasia vs. StatesRights
While I did not argue the case of Atlasia in the matter of Atlasia vs. StatesRights, I am nonetheless pleased with the ruling handed down by the Supreme Court. The Court set their personal feelings aside and made what I feel is an excellent ruling.

Potential Southeastern Secession
At this time, employees in the Southeast regional offices of the Department of Justice have not been asked to leave their offices and homes. I personally trust the better judgement of the Southeastern officials, namely StatesRights and Jake, to comply with the Supreme Court ruling. Should the situation escalate, I will remove all Department of Justice officials and their families from the Southeast. Further, any citizen in the Southeast (or Atlasia, for that matter) will be charged with treason if they are responsible for the capture and/or death of a Department of Justice official.
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2005, 01:50:23 PM »

It has come to my attention that Jake, the Southeastern Magistrate, has suspended the writ of habeus corpus in his region. 

In the Constitution, Article I, Section 5, which details the powers of the Senate, Clause 29 allows for the Senate "To Suspend the Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus, and to make provision for its Suspension by the executive when the Senate is not in session, but the Privilege shall be Suspended only when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

Further, in Article IV, Section 3, which deals with the supremacy clause and restrictions on the federal government, Clause 2 states that "The powers not delegated to the Republic of Atlasia by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the Regions, are reserved to the Regions respectively, or to the people." Since the power to suspend habeus corpus is delegated to the Republic of Atlasia, it is therefore not reserved to the regions.

With this in mind, I challenge the action of Jake on the grounds that he does not have the constitutional capacity to suspend the writ of habeus corpus.
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2005, 05:50:27 PM »

So, basically all law in the Southeast ceases to exist. Starting at 7PM, all DOJ officials and their families will be flown to Nyman, where they will stay at the King's of Nyman hotel free of charge for the time being. The Department of Justice will also supply an open bar so that both DoFA and DOJ employees can drink their frustrations away.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2005, 06:13:34 PM »

So, basically all law in the Southeast ceases to exist. Starting at 7PM, all DOJ officials and their families will be flown to Nyman, where they will stay at the King's of Nyman hotel free of charge for the time being. The Department of Justice will also supply an open bar so that both DoFA and DOJ employees can drink their frustrations away.

I hope the other departments will withdraw in time as airports might be shut down once a war starts.
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2005, 09:45:55 PM »

It has come to my attention that Jake, the Southeastern Magistrate, has suspended the writ of habeus corpus in his region. 

In the Constitution, Article I, Section 5, which details the powers of the Senate, Clause 29 allows for the Senate "To Suspend the Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus, and to make provision for its Suspension by the executive when the Senate is not in session, but the Privilege shall be Suspended only when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

Further, in Article IV, Section 3, which deals with the supremacy clause and restrictions on the federal government, Clause 2 states that "The powers not delegated to the Republic of Atlasia by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the Regions, are reserved to the Regions respectively, or to the people." Since the power to suspend habeus corpus is delegated to the Republic of Atlasia, it is therefore not reserved to the regions.

With this in mind, I challenge the action of Jake on the grounds that he does not have the constitutional capacity to suspend the writ of habeus corpus.

I guess you can ignore this now since everything appears to be back in order.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2005, 09:51:17 PM »

For now Wink
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2005, 09:53:51 PM »

Braves baseball is back on, BTW. Wink
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2005, 09:57:47 PM »

Thank god. The snipers are called off
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2005, 10:00:04 PM »

Thank god. The snipers are called off

They had to forfeit 2 games on account of it, but since the Marlins (their big competitor right now) had to forfeit 2 they are still in good.
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2005, 08:42:49 AM »

Effective immediately, I am resigning as Attorney General.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies