Canadian Electoral Constituencies Cartogram
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 03:43:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian Electoral Constituencies Cartogram
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian Electoral Constituencies Cartogram  (Read 2202 times)
Space7
Rookie
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 22, 2013, 11:54:18 PM »
« edited: October 23, 2013, 12:11:24 AM by Space7 »

With the new electoral boundaries of Canada, I figured I'd stretch and shrink all the ridings sizes to match (as I've done for Nova Scotia, Australia, and the US House of Representatives Wink). The regions are even colour-coded, so you can see the different areas even easier!

I'll probably fill this map in for predictions, and in the end, for the election.

If that court case lol-i-wear-hats mentioned ends up moving the ridings around a bit, I can always shove them around a bit to make room.

I gave the Northwest Territories their actual name, rather than "Western Arctic". I believe there was a politician who was trying to get the name changed, but I couldn't find how it turned out in the end. If anyone can tell me if it's still called "Western Arctic", I'll change it back.

For the record, this cartogram (and all my other ones for that matter) were inspired by the one on this website:http://attaboy.ca/archives/2011/05/001068.php
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 11:58:42 PM »

Great job!
Space7
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 12:10:13 AM »

Thanks! Smiley

I can't stand using an actual map of Canada to predict or record. What's the use if Nunavut looks the same as tiny districts like Papineau? You can't see who won!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 06:51:38 AM »

Canada looks like a bird of prey braking in midflight, except for the strange oddments by the tips off its wings. Smiley
Space7
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 09:59:34 AM »

Canada looks like a bird of prey braking in midflight, except for the strange oddments by the tips off its wings. Smiley

Come to mention it, it does! Tongue

Vancouver Island could be a feather falling off its wing. Don't know what Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland would be, though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies