Why are right wing morons more likely to comment on sites than left wing morons?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:29:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Why are right wing morons more likely to comment on sites than left wing morons?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why are right wing morons more likely to comment on sites than left wing morons?  (Read 3723 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2013, 10:17:30 PM »

Simple.  Right-wingers tend to occupy the middle of the intelligence spectrum while left-wingers occupy the lowest and the highest (at least Democratic voters as a whole; many of the less intelligent Democrats don't understand liberal vs. conservative).  However, the lower-middle end, in which many of these comments are from, is generally more conservative (note that Atlas, both left and right, is at the upper end of intelligence).

There's a spectrum Atlas Forum is at the upper end of, but I don't think it's intelligence.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2013, 01:03:10 AM »

There are more conservatives than liberals, and liberals don't sound as crazy to you.

DU has posts with "logic" so flawed and fallacious it makes me want to bash my head against a wall all the time. It's even worse when the point is NOT True Leftist babble and is actually something I agree with.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2013, 01:12:08 AM »

Much more of the left self-segregates and comments on things in an ideologically like-minded community, I think. Reddit or this forum, for example.

Basically I think this is it. I'm not going to bother arguing with men who make youtube commenters like representatives of the age of Pericles. A forum with one Electionsguy is enough.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2013, 03:54:18 PM »

Simple.  Right-wingers tend to occupy the middle of the intelligence spectrum while left-wingers occupy the lowest and the highest (at least Democratic voters as a whole; many of the less intelligent Democrats don't understand liberal vs. conservative).  However, the lower-middle end, in which many of these comments are from, is generally more conservative (note that Atlas, both left and right, is at the upper end of intelligence).

You're mixing up intelligence and education. They are far from the same.  And political morons aren't necessarily unintelligent, they just think with their platforms and not their good sense.  For example look at some of these ridiculous protest groups on elite college campuses.  Any coal miner or hick on a tractor will be able to tell you that divesting from hydrocarbon companies won't make a difference in the environment as long as people keep using the fuel - just as soon as you tell them what divesting means.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2013, 01:46:17 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2013, 01:53:01 PM by Progressive Realist »

Simple.  Right-wingers tend to occupy the middle of the intelligence spectrum while left-wingers occupy the lowest and the highest (at least Democratic voters as a whole; many of the less intelligent Democrats don't understand liberal vs. conservative).  However, the lower-middle end, in which many of these comments are from, is generally more conservative (note that Atlas, both left and right, is at the upper end of intelligence).

You're mixing up intelligence and education. They are far from the same.  

A common fallacy of the snobs. Tongue

Anyway, what Bacon King and Gully said. I also think that right-wing morons feel less inhibited about posting things like, "Barack Obama is a Communist who wants to destroy America!" on "mainstream" sites than left-wing morons, whose equivalent posts would include, "America deserves to be destroyed by Communists", etc.

Finally, I question whether there is an equal number of morons on the Left and Right in America. Somehow, I suspect that the Right has a disproportionate share...Tongue
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2013, 06:13:19 AM »

Because there are more of the former.

This is the correct answer. Particularly in the US, where a "far left" barely exists.

Of course, there are almost no "moderate" Republican forums/blogs/etc these days. The difference between the extremist Free Republic and the (supposedly intellectual and mainstream) National Review is minimal.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2013, 09:13:59 AM »
« Edited: October 26, 2013, 09:19:58 AM by Torie »

I don't trawl all those sites, but I must say the posts are high quality on right wing Red Racing Horses, but it is focused even more than here, on psephology. Anyway, having stipulated to my relative ignorance, it may be that "right wing morons" are more literate than "left wing morons," so they pound the keyboard more. What percentage of the population is really capable of reading stuff, and typing out posts?  50% perhaps?

And what percentage of the population are intellectually mature and informed on the major issues out there, and can express themselves well?  5%? And particularly these days, many of the issues are extremely complicated to parse. It is not all about same sex marriage, or abortion. It's about Obamacare/medicare/medicaid, macro-economics and tax policy, pension plans, high college tuition costs, global warming cost-benefit analyses and attendant scientific issues that leave me confused (thank heavens for Snowguy there), and a dysfunctional secondary educational system. It's not easy.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2013, 08:26:09 PM »

People come to Atlas, Daily Kos, RRH, ect., to discuss issues and get other opinions.

People go to the Yahoo News comment section to bitch and argue.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2013, 02:07:05 AM »

At the risk of sounding like David Icke, I'm suspicious that some are employed to write what they do (usually the absurdly slavishly pro-business ones, not the WHERE'S OBAMA'S SWIMMING CERTIFICATE sort).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies