Our Vaginas, Their Choice
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:55:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Our Vaginas, Their Choice
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Our Vaginas, Their Choice  (Read 2513 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013, 03:11:54 AM »

For the record, my panties are large, not little. Smiley
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2013, 03:15:11 AM »

Tyrion, don't you think it is unfair to target the entire Federalist party for the acts of a few? I don't even see many people defending what Zuwo did, and yet just go to the OP and see what a disgusting ad AG made. You don't see the problem with that?

Oh, I see the problem with it, absolutely, and I do think attacking the entire party for the actions of a few is unfair.

It does run both ways though. I see Labor getting thrown under the bus here, a little bit, but I wouldn't say it's fair to target the whole party either. And yes, to make a definitive statement, all Federalists are not in one boat, and all Federalists do not deserve the blame for ZuWo's poor decision in this case (which, if I may, can still be fixed rather easily).

So, yes, gentleman's agreement. Let's talk about the issues, and keep it at that. That's what I've been trying to do the whole time, and I hope you can appreciate that Cheesy
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2013, 03:17:48 AM »

So, yes, gentleman's agreement. Let's talk about the issues, and keep it at that. That's what I've been trying to do the whole time, and I hope you can appreciate that Cheesy

I think the real issue is why is a person with the name "Adam" using the phrase "Our Vaginas"? Wink
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2013, 03:20:39 AM »

I think the real issue is why is a person with the name "Adam" using the phrase "Our Vaginas"? Wink

That confused me a bit as well. Adam is just very protective of the other sex; can't really blame him. I think women and their womanly parts rule! But yeah, I'm not going to use a collective adjective for vaginas any time soon.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2013, 03:29:00 AM »

That confused me a bit as well. Adam is just very protective of the other sex; can't really blame him. I think women and their womanly parts rule! But yeah, I'm not going to use a collective adjective for vaginas any time soon.

Or is he protective of the other sex because he thinks they're his property?  It seems to me like Mr. Griffin thinks he owns these women and their body parts. Wink
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2013, 03:31:09 AM »

Or is he protective of the other sex because he thinks they're his property?  It seems to me like Mr. Griffin thinks he owns these women and their body parts. Wink

Ooooooooooh man, don't go there, Mr. Man.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 03:32:22 AM »

Twas merely a joke.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 03:34:44 AM »

Twas trolling, actually.  If Adam's political ads and propaganda are trolling... then what you're doing is trolling by trying to goad him into responding.

Should I report you for trolling?  Oh yeah.. you'd just mod review me again
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2013, 03:38:57 AM »

Believe what you want.  Report what you want.  If you actually think that any part of me thinks Griffin thinks he owns women, you clearly don't know me.  I was making a joke out of the fact that he used an odd pronoun.

And it's patently unfair to say that I have ever mod-reviewed someone because they've reported a post that a mod made.  And I didn't put you on mod review.  Get your facts straight.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2013, 03:51:40 AM »

Believe what you want.  Report what you want.  If you actually think that any part of me thinks Griffin thinks he owns women, you clearly don't know me.  I was making a joke out of the fact that he used an odd pronoun.

And it's patently unfair to say that I have ever mod-reviewed someone because they've reported a post that a mod made.  And I didn't put you on mod review.  Get your facts straight.
Oh, so Adam genuinely thinks ZuWo is a woman killing fascist.  No chance that it was a propaganda piece for a political election simulation.  Nope... Adam Griffin genuinely believes ZuWo is a sociopathic, fascist, woman killer.  Yep.  LITERALLY.  LITERALLY THAT'S WHAT ADAM GRIFFIN THINKS.  HE THINKS ZUWO IS A SOCIOPATH, A FASCIST, AND A WOMAN KILLER.

But you can say he owns women and not actually mean it because yeah... that would be pretty ridiculous, right?

Okay.  Just so we're clear.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2013, 03:54:51 AM »

Oh, so Adam genuinely thinks ZuWo is a woman killing fascist.  No chance that it was a propaganda piece for a political election simulation.  Nope... Adam Griffin genuinely believes ZuWo is a sociopathic, fascist, woman killer.  Yep.  LITERALLY.  LITERALLY THAT'S WHAT ADAM GRIFFIN THINKS.  HE THINKS ZUWO IS A SOCIOPATH, A FASCIST, AND A WOMAN KILLER.

But you can say he owns women and not actually mean it because yeah... that would be pretty ridiculous, right?

I have no problem with Adam's propaganda piece.  I've never said that I did.  It's part of the game.  It's a little stronger rhetoric than I would have used, but I don't think the post crossed a line, and I never said that it did.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2013, 04:10:26 AM »

Wait, this all is serious?

These rants are cracking me up. Nice work, Griffin. I've had a sh**tty week.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2013, 04:13:00 AM »

I have no problem with Adam's propaganda piece.  I've never said that I did.  It's part of the game.  It's a little stronger rhetoric than I would have used, but I don't think the post crossed a line, and I never said that it did.
Well, the response was for Hagrid to call him a c**nt.  And Adam reported that... and you chewed him out for reporting it.

Please tell me.. just what the F**K are people supposed to report and not report? 
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2013, 04:17:59 AM »

I didn't chew him out for reporting.  I was unhappy with the fact that he was checking his profile to watch his reported post number go up so that he could wait to report Hagrid's post until Hagrid had reported his.  His actions tonight were about causing a stir and getting reactions out of people.  That's fine if you keep it to Atlasia, but when you start trolling to provoke people to report posts, then it gets annoying for the mods.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2013, 04:19:39 AM »

I used the c-word. I'm not devolving into justifying it, because honestly, I wanted to make a simple statement (which, though out of line, I still believe to be true). No paragraphs, no theses, no rhetoric or defensiveness... it was what it was.

But if anyone is defending it, please don't. Of course my post should have been reported. I'm aware that it looks bad, and you guys don't have to go out of your way to own it.  It's just something I needed to say.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2013, 04:21:00 AM »

ITT serious business
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2013, 04:36:04 AM »

Well, the response was for Hagrid to call him a c**nt.  And Adam reported that... and you chewed him out for reporting it.

Please tell me.. just what the F**K are people supposed to report and not report? 

It's not what you report, it's how you report it.

I didn't chew him out for reporting.  I was unhappy with the fact that he was checking his profile to watch his reported post number go up so that he could wait to report Hagrid's post until Hagrid had reported his.  His actions tonight were about causing a stir and getting reactions out of people.  That's fine if you keep it to Atlasia, but when you start trolling to provoke people to report posts, then it gets annoying for the mods.

No. A few minutes after Hagrid made his topic and I made mine, I checked and saw that 2 posts had been reported. I made the comment of "It doesn't take many brain cells to realize that some butthurt whiny bitch is going to report a post like that" because it doesn't, Inks.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2013, 04:51:51 AM »

Everyone grab a snickers.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2013, 05:35:24 AM »

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2013, 06:37:33 AM »

A governor is exploiting a legal loophole to remain unaccountable to the people of his region. And y'all talk about tone and negativity...
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2013, 06:50:53 AM »

It's a thoroughly scummy way the Governor acted and there should be consequences.

I won't condone some of the imagery Adam used- but sometimes you need a agent provocateur.

Now, I'm a member of the Labor Party, and there is a LOT within it I find extreme and frankly disconcerting so, while I don't think it's fair to have the acts of some within a party to paint all... the question is, and it's one that all of us in positions of leadership have been in... my question to the Feds who are rightly appalled by these actions, what are you going to do about it?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2013, 07:12:06 AM »

A governor is exploiting a legal loophole to remain unaccountable to the people of his region. And y'all talk about tone and negativity...

Have a look at the Mideast Constitution before drawing far-fetched conclusions. It isn't possible to hold a referendum on the bill, but there are other means available to have a public vote.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2013, 08:08:11 AM »

Most Federalists with whom I've spoken in private are disgusted with Governor ZuWo's behavior. I hope that more party members follow Sbane's example in condemning the governor publicly. Atlasia needs to rally together against this kind of anti-democratic abuse.

The same can be said here:

Have a look at the Mideast Constitution before drawing far-fetched conclusions. It isn't possible to hold a referendum on the bill, but there are other means available to have a public vote.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2013, 08:12:34 AM »

Zuwo, this is a genuine question, why didn't you sign the bill, seeing as you clearly support it?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2013, 08:20:02 AM »

Zuwo, this is a genuine question, why didn't you sign the bill, seeing as you clearly support it?

It was my intention to let the bill become law as quietly as possible since I expected even more fake outrage if I had signed it. Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies