Feminism on Atlas Forum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:23:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Feminism on Atlas Forum
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Feminism on Atlas Forum  (Read 4969 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2005, 05:44:01 PM »

(he built up a stack of evidence and witnesses to attest to this woman's pathetic excuse for parenting).

Which, when there's willingness, it's very easy. Most detective agengies will get you what you want in no time.

Oh, he didn't need a detective - he just noted things. Like if his daughter said 'Mommy says <insert crazy/assine/irresponsible thing here>', or the fact that there was always four or five empty wine bottles in her trash, or the time he came to pick up his daughter from her house but she left the door open/keys on the lawn/and she was passed out drunk, or the time she tried to switch their daughter's pre-school to an obviously inferior one without his permission simply because it was convenient for her, or ....   By the way, in case you haven't noticed, this guy didn't have much else to talk about, lol, though he was a good debater, got me to be a Libertarian.

I don't know if anyone here reads Creative Loafing, but if you do you may have read some columns by Hollis Gillespie - guess who that is. Tongue
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2005, 05:46:59 PM »

Very similar case happened to one of my co-workers. He married a woman who was a narcisist/compulsive liar/alcoholic who was verbally and physically abusive towards him. She made up all sorts of crap about him when they finally got a divorce, and she got partial custody when anyone who knew her could tell you she was a crazy bitch. Fortunately, after a couple years of legal battles, he's finally gotten full custody(he built up a stack of evidence and witnesses to attest to this woman's pathetic excuse for parenting).

Thanks for the support.  You see, the presumption was that she should have custody, and the man had to move heaven and earth to prove that she shouldn't.  If the sexes were reversed, would she have had to go to such lengths to deny custody to the father?  I think we know the answer to that.

I know another case of a divorced mother who is a total psycho.  She beats her kids and they're suffering all kinds of developmental problems.  The father wants custody of the kids, and they are begging to live with him.  At the time of the divorce, the kids were young, and the father was told, "In about ten years, somebody will listen to the kids, and maybe award you custody.  Until then, you're out of luck."

Now it's probably too late for the kids to recover from their years with this woman, even if the father gets custody immediately.

Feminism has fought very hard to put and keep this anti-father system in place.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2005, 09:42:40 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm not a feminist advocate but this is clearly not the way to judge an entire movement.

Just because you're robbed by a Black man, doesn't make all Blacks criminals.

No it doesn't, but that is a false analogy.  If you get robbed by a black man, and an organization rises to the black man's defense and says his actions should be legal because he is black, that organization is effectively playing the same role certain feminist organizations play.  These organizations argue in favor of discrimination against men in the name of "progress" for women.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies