***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:37:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: ***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention!  (Read 11319 times)
Kitteh
drj101
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2013, 10:28:11 PM »

Comrades,

I'll be honest, I had no idea I would be in this situation even three days ago. But the events since the withdrawal of the DeleGAtion have forced me into this race to defend what I love about our Party.

This race is about more than just who will be our Party's candidate for President. This is a fight for the very heart and soul of the Labor Party. I have always stood by the Labor Party because I believe we are a different kind of party, fundamentally nothing like the "Progressive Union" or these other parties of the "left". Time and again Labor has shown itself to be the only party dedicated to real reform, the only party willing to stand up against those who will come out frothing at the mouth to denounce anyone fighting against the status quo. That's why I have voted for Labor candidates in every election since I joined this game.

The choice we face here is between sticking with our unique, proud, radical, independent tradition and becoming yet another party of piecemeal "reform" and boring campaigns. If we nominate DemPGH or his stalking horse, that is the road we will head down. I don't mean to sound melodramatic, but it would make me extremely sad to see that happen. The NMAM is and always will be a minor force in terms of numbers, but the one thing that I felt we could count on is the support from our friends in Labor in our fight for change. Labor has always been the engine of change in Atlasia. I can't bear to see that end, which is why I feel compelled to fight so strongly for this nomination.

I know a lot of you are pessimistic about our chances in the next election. Privately there seems to be a sense of "Duke inevitability" among members of our party and others. This isn't all that misguided. It seems that both sides in this fight have alienated a large segment of the party to the point where presenting a "united front" in this election will be next to impossible. I recognize that, but I don't think that means we must give up. As I said earlier, I'm in this for the long game, not just this next election. I was a member of this party when Labor was a struggling opposition force just barely able to manage a distant second in elections. But if there's anything the history of this party has shown it's that Labor grows stronger in opposition. I believe that frankly we needed a bit of a wakeup call-after two terms of Labor there were more than a few (myself included sometimes, tbh) who had become complacent, and our party has fallen behind on recruitment and outreach. I know that we can come back from a defeat in this election. But what would be a fatal blow is losing the soul of our party. If we nominate DemPGH or his ally in this election, I'm afraid that the Labor that comes back from this defeat won't be the Labor that we had before it, the Labor that I love and that I've been proud to be a friend and member of.

Comrades, we can and we must win this fight. The fate of our party is at stake. Together I'm convinced that we can save this party. Nothing in this game is more important than that right now.

Solidarity,
Kitteh
Purple heart
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2013, 10:29:26 PM »

President:
[1] Kitteh
[2] Snowstalker
[3] Write-in: the DeleGAtion lives on 5evar

ME Senate:
Talleyrand
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2013, 10:32:07 PM »

I have always stood by the Labor Party because I believe we are a different kind of party, fundamentally nothing like the "Progressive Union" or these other parties of the "left". Time and again Labor has shown itself to be the only party dedicated to real reform, the only party willing to stand up against those who will come out frothing at the mouth to denounce anyone fighting against the status quo.

You and everyone in Labor has a big penis.

Are those the words you've been waiting to hear?
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2013, 10:40:34 PM »

I have always stood by the Labor Party because I believe we are a different kind of party, fundamentally nothing like the "Progressive Union" or these other parties of the "left". Time and again Labor has shown itself to be the only party dedicated to real reform, the only party willing to stand up against those who will come out frothing at the mouth to denounce anyone fighting against the status quo.

You and everyone in Labor has a big penis.

Are those the words you've been waiting to hear?

lol, I like mine small, tyvm Curly
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2013, 12:52:26 AM »

[2] Vice President DemPGH / Northeast Governor SirNick

[1] Northeast Representative Dr. Cynic / Former Vice President Adam Griffin

[2] Pacific Councilor drj101 / No VP chosen yet

[2] Former Senator Snowstalker / No VP chosen yet
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2013, 05:29:51 AM »

So I guess I only have to vote for President now:

[3] Vice President DemPGH / Northeast Governor SirNick

[2] Northeast Representative Dr. Cynic / Former Vice President Adam Griffin

[1] Pacific Councilor drj101 / No VP chosen yet

[4] Former Senator Snowstalker / No VP chosen yet
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2013, 07:03:29 AM »

President

[2] Vice President DemPGH / Northeast Governor SirNick

[1] Northeast Representative Dr. Cynic / Former Vice President Adam Griffin

[3] Former Senator Snowstalker / No VP chosen yet

[4] Pacific Councilor drj101 / No VP chosen yet

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2013, 08:09:23 AM »

Griffin I'm pretty sure 3/4ths of your preferences are invalid.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2013, 12:38:55 PM »

1. DemPGH/Sirnick
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2013, 12:43:38 PM »

[1] Pacific Councillor drj101/No VP chosen yet
[2] Former Senator Snowstalker/No VP chosen yet
[3] Vice-President DemPGH/Northeast Governor Sirnick
[4] Dr. Cynic/Former Vice President Adam Griffin
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2013, 12:58:16 PM »

1. DemPGH/Sirnick
2. Dr Cynic/ Adam Griffin
3. Former Senator Snowstalker

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2013, 02:40:22 PM »

1. Drj101
2. DemPGH/Sirnick
3. Dr. Cynic/Adam Griffin
4. Snowstalker
5. Fa la la la la, it's Christmas time
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2013, 02:45:09 PM »

1. Drj101
2. DemPGH/Sirnick
3. Dr. Cynic/Adam Griffin
4. Snowstalker
5. Fa la la la la, it's Christmas time

I thought we bonded Snowguy
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2013, 02:55:35 PM »

Owing to the results thusfar, I hereby ask any supporters of mine (and all Labor voters who have not voted) to cast their ballots for Drj101.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2013, 04:02:42 PM »

[4] Pacific Councillor drj101/No VP chosen yet
[3] Former Senator Snowstalker/No VP chosen yet
[2] Vice-President DemPGH/Northeast Governor Sirnick
[1] Dr. Cynic/Former Vice President Adam Griffin
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2013, 04:08:56 PM »

But you registered as a Laborite a few days ago and the NMAM (I believe due to the political views of its members) is a leftist party that you have been registered since before I came into Atlasia..
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: October 08, 2013, 04:28:40 PM »

But you registered as a Laborite a few days ago and the NMAM (I believe due to the political views of its members) is a leftist party that you have been registered since before I came into Atlasia..

Its clearly satire, she is mocking Labor.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #142 on: October 08, 2013, 05:07:10 PM »

But if she is, then why is she running for your party's nomination?
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2013, 06:35:02 PM »

For the same reason she does everything in this game.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #144 on: October 08, 2013, 06:45:23 PM »

I'm guessing none of you remember when drj joined. She was recruited by me not too long after I joined and joined the Labor Party from the get-go. She served admirably in the Mideast Assembly and was the Labor nominee for Governor in the Mideast at one point (and did fairly well considering the make-up of the region at that time). She didn't join NM-AM until late May or June. Most people who are now or were in the NM-AM were Laborites at some point before that - which explains why we are so defensive of them. We remember our own.

Lots of people grow tired of being serious in this game. Drj's serious spirits were most likely crushed by that asshole Senator who is apparently too much for anyone to handle. Xahar at one point was a "Serious Person", too, until a bunch of assholes in the Pacific finally cockblocked him enough in the Pacific way back when. Between people like that, Napoleon, Hagrid, myself and plenty of others over the duration of the game's history, lots of people's dreams have been crushed and shattered. I can only hope that some of you will ultimately know dhese feels. Smiley
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: October 08, 2013, 06:53:48 PM »

First Preference Results Thus Far:

DemPGH: 7
Dr. Cynic: 4
drj101 [Kitteh]: 5
Snowstalker: 1

Last vote counted: Tyrion

Hypothetical Second Round
I'm assuming the quota is a majority, I don't actually know for sure

DemPGH: 7
Dr. Cynic: 4
drj101 [Kitteh]:6

Hypothetical Third Round

DemPGH: 10
drj101 [Kitteh]: 6
Exhausted: 1

DemPGH/SirNick would have the majority (58.8%).
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #146 on: October 08, 2013, 09:56:07 PM »

I'm guessing none of you remember when drj joined. She was recruited by me not too long after I joined and joined the Labor Party from the get-go. She served admirably in the Mideast Assembly and was the Labor nominee for Governor in the Mideast at one point (and did fairly well considering the make-up of the region at that time). She didn't join NM-AM until late May or June. Most people who are now or were in the NM-AM were Laborites at some point before that - which explains why we are so defensive of them. We remember our own.

Lots of people grow tired of being serious in this game. Drj's serious spirits were most likely crushed by that asshole Senator who is apparently too much for anyone to handle. Xahar at one point was a "Serious Person", too, until a bunch of assholes in the Pacific finally cockblocked him enough in the Pacific way back when. Between people like that, Napoleon, Hagrid, myself and plenty of others over the duration of the game's history, lots of people's dreams have been crushed and shattered. I can only hope that some of you will ultimately know dhese feels. Smiley

This is actually a great summary, thanks. The only thing I have left to add is that I've always considered myself a "fellow traveler" to this party-as evidenced by the fact that I've supported Labor candidates always if not in the first round than in the second and that I've helped plan and act out Labor strategies, on the IRC and elsewhere. To suggest that I'm mocking or have in any way a negative opinion of Labor is ridiculous.

One point that Adam made which is really important imo is the oft-repeated truism that everyone in this game long enough either quits (see the many now inactive in Atlasia but still very active in other places former Presidents and former Atlasian icons) or turns to loonyism. The only people who manage to dodge this trend are, um...special cases like Inks and Yankee. You'll notice that the PU is extremely disproportionately composed of newer members, while the NMAM is composed entirely of people who have been here at least moderately long. For all the talk of NMAM people not really caring about holding offices, the Movement has the highest average amount of time/number of offices served of any party in Atlasia. It's not that we (we being the collective less-than-soopr-srs coalition, not any one party) don't care, not one of us started out here as "trolls". It's that we've been here so long that we've gotten tired of all the bullsh!t.
Sir John Johns
France

« Reply #147 on: October 08, 2013, 10:51:16 PM »

Vice President DemPGH / Northeast Governor SirNick [2]

Northeast Representative Dr. Cynic / Former Vice President Adam Griffin [1]

Pacific Councilor drj101 / No VP chosen yet [4] 

Former Senator Snowstalker / No VP chosen yet [3]

Mideast Senate

Mideast Assemblyman Mr. X [2]

Former SoEA Talleyrand [1]
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #148 on: October 08, 2013, 11:10:46 PM »

Realized I forgot to do this:

Mideast Senate:

1. Talleyrand
2. Mr. X
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #149 on: October 08, 2013, 11:19:17 PM »

This is actually a great summary, thanks. The only thing I have left to add is that I've always considered myself a "fellow traveler" to this party-as evidenced by the fact that I've supported Labor candidates always if not in the first round than in the second and that I've helped plan and act out Labor strategies, on the IRC and elsewhere. To suggest that I'm mocking or have in any way a negative opinion of Labor is ridiculous.

One point that Adam made which is really important imo is the oft-repeated truism that everyone in this game long enough either quits (see the many now inactive in Atlasia but still very active in other places former Presidents and former Atlasian icons) or turns to loonyism. The only people who manage to dodge this trend are, um...special cases like Inks and Yankee. You'll notice that the PU is extremely disproportionately composed of newer members, while the NMAM is composed entirely of people who have been here at least moderately long. For all the talk of NMAM people not really caring about holding offices, the Movement has the highest average amount of time/number of offices served of any party in Atlasia. It's not that we (we being the collective less-than-soopr-srs coalition, not any one party) don't care, not one of us started out here as "trolls". It's that we've been here so long that we've gotten tired of all the bullsh!t.

That's actually a very good response, but do you plan on becoming a laborite for a while, or will you run with the NMAM as a candidate if you lose the primaries? (sorry for going a little bit off topic)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies