Grocery store food sampling......
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:11:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Grocery store food sampling......
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you partake of the items the store has out for you to try?
Hell yes!

Sometimes

No

Never - germaphobe

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Grocery store food sampling......  (Read 728 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 18, 2013, 01:27:14 PM »

I grocery shop every week because I do the cooking.....there's always like 10 different stations set up throughout the store with all kinds of stuff they're cooking or just passing out.

I don't partake.......but the part that pisses me off is they set them up in bad locations, so I'm always trying to get past a herd of fat cows who are there eating every sample known to man...grrrrr. 

So do you dig in, or pass?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 01:28:46 PM »

Dig in. Sometimes you can eat enough so you won't have to even worry about a meal later. Wink
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 01:28:57 PM »

Yes; Harris Teeter always has free cookies.
roux18
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 01:30:37 PM »

I've only ever seen this happen in the United States, the grocery stores in Moscow never hand out "free samples"
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 01:49:37 PM »

until they make me go away.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 01:51:48 PM »

Sometimes. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 01:58:51 PM »

You and the fat cows grazing, Tweed?  Who knew?!  Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 02:03:08 PM »

I sometimes dig in, if I'm hungry, or the morsel is tempting enough. Once in a while, I actually buy what is being hawked. This all happens most often at Costco.

Grumps sounds a bit grumpy allowing this little ripple in the pond to piss him off however. I guess this is another one of his rather plentiful number of idiosyncrasies. Smiley
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 02:20:16 PM »

I like to do my shopping at odd hours when I have the store more to myself (like 3:30am), they don't tend to have the sampling stations open then.  When I do venture out in the day light hours with the cattle and grandmas, I avoid them for the most part.  Sometimes they'll "hook" me or if the kids are with me or the thing looks like I might actually buy it...but 90% of the time I pass them by.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 02:21:45 PM »

I got a free lunch at Whole Foods once just going from section to section getting samplers.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 03:33:31 PM »

Mostly at Costco. I am not a member, but I use their pharmacy, as they have the cheapest prices and are not allowed by law to require membership for pharmacy services. So, while I wait, I get to sample lots of little treats that I'm not even allowed to buy. Life is funny sometimes.
I wish they'd put a Costco in town. Making a trip out the burbs is a chore, but whatevs. One of the many benefits of living in the center of a medium sized metro is that nothing is super far away. 15 minutes, once a month, is pretty managable. Medium sized cities really ought to promote this advantage more. We're never going to be as hip as the big boys. We should let the world know how much easier life is here.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 03:34:15 PM »

I'm not a cow, I'm a steer!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2013, 07:42:08 PM »

I sometimes dig in, if I'm hungry, or the morsel is tempting enough. Once in a while, I actually buy what is being hawked. This all happens most often at Costco.

Grumps sounds a bit grumpy allowing this little ripple in the pond to piss him off however. I guess this is another one of his rather plentiful number of idiosyncrasies. Smiley
I dunno about everyone else.. but I think it's time we locked Grumps and Torie in a room and let them settle their differences.

This passive aggressive snippering at each other is unbearable!

As for samples:  I often will partake if it looks good.  A lot of local producers will often have sample carts showcasing local products.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2013, 08:19:51 PM »

I dunno about everyone else.. but I think it's time we locked Grumps and Torie in a room and let them settle their differences.

As for samples:  I often will partake if it looks good.  A lot of local producers will often have sample carts showcasing local products.

Did anyone tell you that you don't know sh*t about the process of male bonding? Sometimes that involves a little slapping around, here and there - sort of like fraternity hazing.  LOL.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2013, 08:42:05 PM »

Boys will be boys. I am much harder on my friends than these two.. Tongue
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2013, 08:49:18 PM »

As for samples:  I often will partake if it looks good.  A lot of local producers will often have sample carts showcasing local products.

Did anyone tell you that you don't know sh*t about the process of male bonding? Sometimes that involves a little slapping around, here and there - sort of like fraternity hazing.  LOL.
Yeah that kinda sh**t is just kinda annoying and unnecessary.  Like shadow boxing.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 09:20:50 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 11:43:54 AM »

Of course! It's the best part of grocery shopping.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2013, 12:04:16 PM »

I do vaguely remember this, and of course I always partook of anything free, but generally speaking the only time I would go to the grocery store would be the middle of the night, so no freebies then.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2013, 03:08:15 PM »

I'm not often grocery shopping at the times that this would be done, but if looks like something I might buy, I'll take the sample.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies