NJ SEN- Booker Leads by 35
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:39:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ SEN- Booker Leads by 35
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ SEN- Booker Leads by 35  (Read 744 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 11, 2013, 08:56:20 AM »

http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~redlawsk/EP/Tables2014/SenElectionSept2013.pdf

Booker leads 64-29 among likely voters and 59-26 among registered voters ... however Lonegan remains unknown.

The poll conducted by Rutgers-Eagleton also notes that 79% percent of Likely voters believe Booker will win and 71% of registered voters believe that Booker will win.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 10:23:47 AM »

Looks about right.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 11:33:01 AM »

Odd that they're still bothering to poll this election, since there's very little chance of an upset and everyone knows how it's going to go.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 05:44:06 PM »

Odd that they're still bothering to poll this election, since there's very little chance of an upset and everyone knows how it's going to go.

Everyone would've been saying that in the MA special election too though.
PolitiJunkie

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 01:54:45 PM »

Did you really just make that comparison? You're trying to equivocate a popular centrist Republican running against a flawed Democrat at a time when the national momentum was very much with the right, with a (as much as I hate him) very popular and charismatic Democrat running against an extremely conservative Republican who has lost several elections whose main campaign message has been accusing his opponent of being gay at a time when the national mood is disgust with the Tea Party obstructionism and extremism? You've got to be kidding me.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 04:35:36 PM »

Did you really just make that comparison? You're trying to equivocate a popular centrist Republican running against a flawed Democrat at a time when the national momentum was very much with the right, with a (as much as I hate him) very popular and charismatic Democrat running against an extremely conservative Republican who has lost several elections whose main campaign message has been accusing his opponent of being gay at a time when the national mood is disgust with the Tea Party obstructionism and extremism? You've got to be kidding me.

Scott Brown didn't become "popular" until about a month before the election. Before that he was anonymous.

I'm not saying I think Lonegan actually has a chance, just that sometimes there are huge surprises that people miss if they don't poll it just because "everyone knows what will happen anyway". Had nobody polled MA because everyone thought it was in the bag for the Democrats no matter what, the reactions on election day would've been very interesting indeed.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 05:36:49 PM »

Scott Brown didn't become "popular" until about a month before the election. Before that he was anonymous.

I'm not saying I think Lonegan actually has a chance, just that sometimes there are huge surprises that people miss if they don't poll it just because "everyone knows what will happen anyway". Had nobody polled MA because everyone thought it was in the bag for the Democrats no matter what, the reactions on election day would've been very interesting indeed.

Yeah but Scott Brown was likable and sane.
PolitiJunkie

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 06:25:37 PM »

Well, not really, because had nobody polled MA, no one would have known that Brown had a shot, so way less people would have explored him and decided to vote for him despite their Democratic tendencies, and Republican turnout would have been a lot lower. That's moot though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies