Students: What courses are you taking this year?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 03:50:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Students: What courses are you taking this year?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Students: What courses are you taking this year?  (Read 4780 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2013, 05:37:20 PM »

The idiotic notion that woodshop is one of the most useful things you will learn in school, which could only be thought up by a brain severely damaged by testosterone poisoning, is a prefect representation of the why women are doing so much better in education than men nowadays.

Again, in education that doesn't matter. Ideally, no one would need college since they're too busy being carpenters, hunters, and lumberjacks. But then, big bad "education" just came and destroyed peace and happiness for all involved.

I'm in high school (senior!) but:

Fall semester:

Physics
Statistics
English IV
Sociology/Internship

Spring semester:

Phys. Ed/some Home Ec. bull
Sage (silly name for a gifted ed. class)
Wood Tech./Vietnam War
AP US Gov.

4 classes at a time, the slashes represent 9-week classes (each semester is 18 weeks)

Dude, Physical Education Weights, Wood Shop, and Home Econonics are probably your most useful classes.
Snowstalker needs this small fix for a successful Junior Teamster career.

Yes, thank you seatown for the much needed correction.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2013, 06:58:59 PM »

Global 10 ES (AP World History)
AP Physics B (better than regular Physics but not full AP Physics)
Choir
Spanish 3 ES
Gym
Chemistry
English 10
Algebra II ES
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2013, 07:00:31 PM »

by the time human beings had invented carpentry things were already going to sh1t
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2013, 07:34:04 PM »

by the time human beings had invented carpentry things were already going to sh1t

True, after all, no reason to fashion things from wood while in Paradise. Luckily, Christ merged carpentry & all things Holy back in the early A.D.'s, so things were okay. Then, of course, some idiot invents "education" and we're right outside Eden again. If only people could learn.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2013, 07:40:38 PM »

This semester, I'm taking Environmental Science and Statistics.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 08:12:14 PM »

AP French Language and Culture
AP Statistics
AP US Government (Semester I)/AP Economics (Semester II)
AP Environmental Science
AP Art History
AP English Literature
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2013, 03:18:19 AM »

The idiotic notion that woodshop is one of the most useful things you will learn in school, which could only be thought up by a brain severely damaged by testosterone poisoning, is a prefect representation of the why women are doing so much better in education than men nowadays.

Again, in education that doesn't matter. Ideally, no one would need college since they're too busy being carpenters, hunters, and lumberjacks. But then, big bad "education" just came and destroyed peace and happiness for all involved.

Oh God you're such a reactionary...
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2013, 11:31:49 AM »

I doubt that woodshop will be more relevant to Snowstalker's life than statistics, but there's certainly an important place in school for non-academic classes.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2013, 05:29:09 PM »

Oh God you're such a reactionary...

How so? I thought my views were shared by a number of so-called "youths" that want a return to a simpler, less corporate- and institution- dominated way of life where nature and tradition are preserved.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2013, 06:06:17 PM »

In final year of High School (UK)
Doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths (with Statistics) and History for A Levels.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2013, 06:27:13 PM »

There's absolutely nothing wrong with vocational qualifications.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2013, 07:05:45 PM »

I have two courses -

Student Teaching at the Secondary Level
Student Teaching Seminar

Graduating in December. Smiley
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2013, 07:12:45 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2013, 07:26:03 PM by hifly15 »

Exactly. Unless you plan to pursue a full time career in the manufacturing industry, selecting to do courses like this despite academically rigorous courses being available is simply a sign of pure laziness and lack of intellectual curiosity in my honest opinion.
Doing "woodshop" as a hobby or as part of your extra-curricular activities at school is great, but you are wasting your life if you are doing it as an actual course. It's a lame excuse for an academic course.

And I'm still not convinced about the merits of "Art History" either.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2013, 07:19:18 PM »

Intro French
How Things Work
History of Modern American Law
The American Presidency
Parties and Policies
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2013, 09:41:39 PM »

Ugh, do you just hate the working class and the activities we like to do?
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2013, 12:44:53 AM »

nah I just hate men and the activities you like to do and sadly even though women are more likely to be poor then men there's still a cultural association of poverty with masculinity which has deeply classist sexist and overall f**ked up reasons behind it that are too tldr to post about at 2am on a friday
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2013, 02:37:25 AM »

nah I just hate men and the activities you like to do and sadly even though women are more likely to be poor then men there's still a cultural association of poverty with masculinity which has deeply classist sexist and overall f**ked up reasons behind it that are too tldr to post about at 2am on a friday
So would you think that Finance related education would be a more important class than Woodshop?
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2013, 06:46:07 AM »
« Edited: September 07, 2013, 06:51:17 AM by rejectamenta »

Well this is certainly something, having a conservative blue avatar advocate the reinstatement of manual labor's previous security and mobility with more heart than a progressivey type.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2013, 11:37:17 AM »

So would you think that Finance related education would be a more important class than Woodshop?

nope, the former is actively harmful to society while the latter is just useless
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2013, 01:49:35 PM »

Is there anyone left on this damned forum not committed to destroying our current way of life & instituting some random crap in its place.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2013, 02:06:42 PM »

Khagne BL:
-Mathematics
-Litterature
-Philosophy
-English
-German
-Economy an sociology (SES)
-History
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2013, 02:49:54 PM »

Cathon confirmed for the best poster on the forum. Excellent post.

Exactly. Unless you plan to pursue a full time career in the manufacturing industry, selecting to do courses like this despite academically rigorous courses being available is simply a sign of pure laziness and lack of intellectual curiosity in my honest opinion.
Doing "woodshop" as a hobby or as part of your extra-curricular activities at school is great, but you are wasting your life if you are doing it as an actual course. It's a lame excuse for an academic course.

And I'm still not convinced about the merits of "Art History" either.

Disgusting snob post.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2013, 02:52:17 PM »

Cathon confirmed for the best poster on the forum. Excellent post.

Ugghhh. Not you too Oakvale. Sad
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2013, 03:01:46 PM »

I don't necessarily believe that all education in manual activities in school is worthless. Learning how to roll a joint, for example, is definitely one of the most important things you will learn in college (if you haven't already picked that up in HS, which I didn't because HS drj was a total loser).

Is there anyone left on this damned forum not committed to destroying our current way of life & instituting some random crap in its place.

anyone who doesn't realize that the way things are now sucks is even more f**ked in the head than I am, and that's saying something.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2013, 04:07:33 PM »

I don't necessarily believe that all education in manual activities in school is worthless. Learning how to roll a joint, for example, is definitely one of the most important things you will learn in college (if you haven't already picked that up in HS, which I didn't because HS drj was a total loser).

anyone who doesn't realize that the way things are now sucks is even more f**ked in the head than I am, and that's saying something.

I would assume one who apparently despises working as much as you would utilize labor-saving devices such as bowls or pipes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies