Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:05:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."  (Read 208704 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2013, 04:53:24 PM »

Probably not good for his stomach, sadly.

I don't eat a lot of spicy food, mainly because I don't really care for the heat that comes from the spice.  I don't eat completely bland food, but I don't eat things that are super spicy, either.  This weekend, I probably won't do a whole lot of spice because by Friday, I will just be 5 days removed from 10-day nausea spell and don't want to cause a relapse to jeopardize Monday.

I'm going to enjoy myself this weekend, but I'm also not going to purposefully be stupid, either.  I want and need to put in a 5 day week next week, so I need to do everything I can to ensure that happens.

Dude...

Someone fill me in on this?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2013, 04:55:59 PM »

Probably not good for his stomach, sadly.

I don't eat a lot of spicy food, mainly because I don't really care for the heat that comes from the spice.  I don't eat completely bland food, but I don't eat things that are super spicy, either.  This weekend, I probably won't do a whole lot of spice because by Friday, I will just be 5 days removed from 10-day nausea spell and don't want to cause a relapse to jeopardize Monday.

I'm going to enjoy myself this weekend, but I'm also not going to purposefully be stupid, either.  I want and need to put in a 5 day week next week, so I need to do everything I can to ensure that happens.

Dude...

Someone fill me in on this?

Bushie ate some bad bacon cheeseburgers which left him stuck on a diet of vegetable soup and ginger ale bacon and eggs for a whole 10 days and now he needs approximately 100 days of only bland fried foods to recover from this, just to play it safe.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2013, 05:24:08 PM »

The most depressing thing about Bushie's obesity is that it's a result of eating bland, boring, bad food. If he were obese because he snacked on buttery croissants and rare steaks with creamy sauces and duck-fat fried potatoes on the side with tasty beers the whole day, that would be one thing, but he's obese because he eats 3-4 servings of twinkies and sloppy joes for each of his meals, and washes them down with cans and cans of carbonated water mixed with corn syrup.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2013, 09:55:55 PM »

I'm in a very nice position right now.  Yesterday was my Monday and tomorrow is my Friday!  So, since this is my Thursday evening, I am staying up a half hour late as is my custom for normal Thursday evenings.  I'm not going to bed until 22:30.

JJ got spayed today and she made it through the surgery just fine.  Since Mom and Dad will be gone this weekend, I have to take care of her.  I was going to take her for a walk Friday and Saturday, but the vet said she cannot run or jump for 10 days, has to stay on the porch or inside for 10 days, and has to wear a cone around her neck for 10 days to prevent her from licking her wounds.  She is sacked out on the porch right now, so she can have peace and not be disturbed by the cat.  There will be times I bring her in this weekend.

Not only do I have to take care of her, but I have to take care of Grandma this weekend, as well.  She is 87 years old and will be 88 in April, and has not been feeling well at all the past month.  Her shoulder has been bothering her on top of other things, so she went to the doctor who confirmed she has shingles.  So, if you could send some prayers/good thoughts her way, we would appreciate it.  So, while I watch TV, I've got to call Grandma every now and then as well as feed JJ, keep her water fresh, and clean up her stools.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2013, 10:03:07 PM »

So, while I watch TV, I've got to call Grandma every now and then as well as feed JJ, keep her water fresh, and clean up her stools.

1) How much TV do you plan to watch this weekend?
2) Have you considered cutting back on the TV watching at all?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2013, 10:21:12 PM »

That 'cone' is called an "Elizabethan collar": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabethan_collar
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2013, 10:28:00 PM »

So, while I watch TV, I've got to call Grandma every now and then as well as feed JJ, keep her water fresh, and clean up her stools.

1) 5 hours on Thursday + 12 hours on Friday + 16 hours on Saturday + 15 hours on Sunday + 4 hours Monday for a grand total of 52 hours.  All football related, both college and pro.
2) The obvious answer, as you can see, is no.  I do not feel bad about it, either.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2013, 10:28:21 PM »

Ahh, cool, thanks for the info.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2013, 10:31:55 PM »

2) The obvious answer, as you can see, is no.  I do not feel bad about it, either.

Which is your right. You're a grown up.

But don't try to sell your excuse of running short on time anymore.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2013, 10:39:01 PM »

1) 5 hours on Thursday + 12 hours on Friday + 16 hours on Saturday + 15 hours on Sunday + 4 hours Monday for a grand total of 52 hours.  All football related, both college and pro.
When you watch TV, is it on in the background, or do you focus all your attention on it?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2013, 10:40:57 PM »

Wow, that's even more TV watching than I thought you'd admit to.  Bushie, I'm not trying to make you feel bad about it.  I just think you should consider whether there might be other, more interesting, things to spend some time on.  Not that you have to cut it back to zero, but good grief.  Is it really that entertaining to watch every single one of those games from beginning to end?  I can't watch any sport for that kind of length of time without getting bored.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2013, 11:02:39 PM »

That amount of TV watching on an Autumn weekend is only a little more than typical of a football fan who follows both college and pro.  It's not nearly as much as it might seem.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2013, 11:18:33 PM »

That amount of TV watching on an Autumn weekend is only a little more than typical of a football fan who follows both college and pro.  It's not nearly as much as it might seem.

I think the vast majority of football fans I know in the US watch their own team's game plus maybe a primetime game that evening.  I don't know anyone who watches all day on both Saturday and Sunday, but then maybe my social circle is atypical.  (Or maybe there's a selection effect.  People who never leave the house on the weekend are unlikely to make as many friends, and thus I'm not friends with them.  Tongue )

Heck, Bushie isn't even just watching the games, but also the pregame coverage, isn't he?  I mean, how else do you get up to 15 hours on Sunday?  For the NFL, there are the 1pm and 4pm games, and then SNF.  That doesn't get you up to 15 hours.  Are there any college football games on Sunday as well?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2013, 11:25:40 PM »

I play fantasy football. If I'm free, ill watch games all day Sunday. I don't actually care who wins, I just want my fantasy team to win.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2013, 12:11:59 AM »

How does somebody watch 15 hours worth of TV in a single day? Scary. Please cease using your bogus "I was in a pinch/I was in a rush" excuses from now on. Thanks.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2013, 03:17:37 AM »

How does somebody watch 15 hours worth of TV in a single day? Scary. Please cease using your bogus "I was in a pinch/I was in a rush" excuses from now on. Thanks.

I'm not even awake for 15 hours some days.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2013, 05:05:57 AM »

The most depressing thing about Bushie's obesity is that it's a result of eating bland, boring, bad food. If he were obese because he snacked on buttery croissants and rare steaks with creamy sauces and duck-fat fried potatoes on the side with tasty beers the whole day, that would be one thing, but he's obese because he eats 3-4 servings of twinkies and sloppy joes for each of his meals, and washes them down with cans and cans of carbonated water mixed with corn syrup.

Haha, precisely!  All that ill-health and early death for nothing.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2013, 05:46:33 AM »

When you watch TV, is it on in the background, or do you focus all your attention on it?

It's usually on in the background, but there are times, especially the early games on Saturday, that I'll focus on every down and every play that I can.  As it gets later in the evening and I start getting tired it is on mostly in the background.  For instance, this weekend I plan to bring my school work home and try to get just a bit ahead, so the TV will be on in the background.  Sunday's amount of TV time could be reduced if I decide to go to church.  If I do, which I probably will, it will be reduced to an hour of the news before church and 4-5 hours of football in between services and then SNF, so maybe 9-10 hours total.

When I watch football, especially college, I don't watch the games everybody else watches.  This past weekend, most people were watching Georgia vs. Clemson or maybe LSU vs. TCU.  You know what I was watching?  Washington State vs. Auburn followed by Northwestern vs. California.  I do that so I can watch more football.  I try to carefully choose my games so I can have a quadruple header back to back to back to back at 11:00, 14:30, 18:00, and 21:30.  Central Time, of course.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2013, 05:49:45 AM »

I use that because there are nights that I have things to do that cut down the TV time to an hour or 90 minutes which was the case the past two nights.  Believe it or not, I am a busy man.  My Saturdays are generally clear, but the rest of the week, I am quite busy at times.  Other times, I am free and clear.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2013, 07:02:31 AM »

I think the vast majority of football fans I know in the US watch their own team's game plus maybe a primetime game that evening.  I don't know anyone who watches all day on both Saturday and Sunday, but then maybe my social circle is atypical.  (Or maybe there's a selection effect.  People who never leave the house on the weekend are unlikely to make as many friends, and thus I'm not friends with them.  Tongue )

Heck, Bushie isn't even just watching the games, but also the pregame coverage, isn't he?  I mean, how else do you get up to 15 hours on Sunday?  For the NFL, there are the 1pm and 4pm games, and then SNF.  That doesn't get you up to 15 hours.  Are there any college football games on Sunday as well?

I don't know, if you love football you'll watch as much as you can. I know my dad watches every single CFL game (not that hard, considering there's only 8 teams, so 4 games each weekend).
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2013, 07:44:49 AM »

Those 15 hours spent focusing on football is 15 hours wasted not focusing on more pressing matters like the birth of our Lord and Savior.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2013, 10:22:22 AM »

Do you play fantasy football, Bushie? Have you considered joining the Atlas league? We need all the players we can get, and you surely follow the sport more so than others.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2013, 10:33:44 AM »

Bushie has some pretty severe addictions. He needs psychiatric help.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2013, 10:34:44 AM »

Bushie has some pretty severe addictions. He needs psychiatric help.

His lifestyle is completely LEGIT. That is NOT debatable.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2013, 10:53:58 AM »

Do you play fantasy football, Bushie? Have you considered joining the Atlas league? We need all the players we can get, and you surely follow the sport more so than others.

I do play.  I've already got two leagues, but since you invited me, I will join this evening.  It may be 16:30 my time before I can join, but I will join tonight.

LAP 5 is almost finished.  I'm finishing up the third drawing and should be ready to take the test before the end of the day.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies