2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:48:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
Author Topic: 2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 91863 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: March 24, 2014, 08:06:18 AM »

Powell Schedule: Oct 6-12

Oct 6: Minnesota
-Rally in St. Paul, MN
-Rally in Rochester, MN
-Rally in Moorhead, MN
-Rally in International Falls, MN

Oct. 7: Iowa
-Town Hall in Storm Lake, IA
-Town Hall in Council Bluffs, IA
-Rally in Iowa City, IA
-Rally in Waterloo, IA

"I feel a change in the air. I've felt it across this country. The American people are rallying to our cause, they are ready to move past the division and pettiness and restore honor and dignity to the White House. They're ready to move forward. They're ready to believe again. Will you help us? Will you help us move American forward? Let's do it. Let's get it done!"

Oct. 8: Michigan
-Rally in Detroit, MI
-Rally in Grand Rapids, MI
-Interview with NBC Nightly News
-Rally in Marquette, MI

Oct. 9: Ohio
-Rally in Dayton, OH
-Rally in Columbus, OH
-Rally in Akron, OH
-Rally in Mentor, OH
-Rally in Bowling Green, OH

Oct. 10: Wisconsin
-Town Hall in Portage, WI
-Town Hall in Janesville, WI
-Town Hall in La Crosse, WI
-Rally in Rice Lake, WI
-Rally in Green Bay, WI

Oct. 11: Pennsylvania
-Rally in Gettysburg, PA
-Rally in Lebanon, PA
-Rally in Union Town, PA
-Rally in Oil City, PA
-Rally in Williamsport, PA

Oct. 12: Pennsylvania
-Rally in Philadelphia, PA
-Town Hall in Mansfield, PA
-Town Hall in Lewisburg, PA
-Town Hall in Scranton, PA
-Rally in Pittsburgh, PA
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #501 on: March 24, 2014, 01:51:47 PM »

Daschle Debate Answers

I'd like to thank America, especially the states of Iowa, New Hampshire, Delaware and Washington for making me the Democratic nominee, and I'd like to thank Dan Quayle as well for being the best opponent I've faced since James Abdnor back in 1986.

1. While there are merits to drugs such Mefpristone, which as some of you know is the the name for RU-486, there is one massive flaw. The Drug causes very severe side effects such as Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, and also has not been tested on smokers and women over thirty-five, which are both large groups of people in this country. If there's one thing we can't allow in a drug, for any procedure, no matter how controversial, it's harming our citizens, which is why I would attempt to overturn the approval of RU-486.

2. First, let's be clear, I don't think anyone in this room believes Slobodan Milosevic is going to give up power willingly. I think Russia's President Vladimir Putin, German Chancellor Gerhard Schoreder, Turkish Prime Minister Mustafa Bulent Ecevit, Greek Prime Minister Costas Smitis, Italy's Guliano Amato, French President, Jacques Chirac, and British Prime Minister Tony Blair, are more likely to have people in the right places, to be able to take down Miloslovec than we are. Of course that doesn't mean we can't do nothing.... Start a boycott of Yugoslavia, add crippling sanctions, that will soften the ground for the European leaders to strike.

I can give you an example from this very campaign... Everyone said I should take Senator Lincoln off the ticket, and some of them still do, and that's not without some justification, but I've stood my ground and will continue to stand my ground because I feel Senator Lincoln's benefits once she is Vice-President will outweigh what ever negativity she brings now.

I believe that banks today are "too big to fail", I also believe that since banks today are multinational corporations, now more than ever, it will take more than one government to keep them from failing. An Example of this situation include Citigroup, which has subsidiary banks in Argentina, Australia, Canada, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Signapore, and Thailand. In order to truly keep Citigroup from failing all of these Governments would need to help. Argentina's President Fernando De La Rua and Minister of Economy Jose Luis Machinea, Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien and Finance Minister Paul Martin, Australian Prime Minister John Howard, and Treasurer Peter Costello, Chinese Premier Zhu Rongji, Chinese President Jiang Zemin, Indian Prime Minister Atal Bhirai Viyapayee, and Finance Minister Yashwant Sinha, Japanese Prime Minister Yoshio Mori, and Finance Minister Kiichi Miyazawa, South Korean President Kim Dae-Jung, Prime Minister Lee-Han Dong, Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohammed,and Minister for Finance Daim Zainuddin, Mexican President Ernesto Zedillo, President of the Phillippines, Joesph Estrada and Secretary of Finance Joesph Estrada, Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsein Loong, and Finance Minister Richard Hu Tsu Tau, Thai Prime Minister Chun Leekpai. We would need to get all of these leaders to agree on bailing out Citigroup before such a bailout could occur, because Citigroup has a significant presence in their countries.

Closing

It's truly been an honor to be able to be on this debate stage, and I look forward to seeing Senator Qauyle again soon at the next debate. Good night all!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #502 on: March 24, 2014, 07:38:19 PM »

Debate Responses: Dan Quayle:

Well, Jim, I'm glad to be here, time has taught me that debates are the best chance you get to cause a positive impression, and you have my personal promise that I won't blow this one up. (Laughs) And of course, I thank PBS for hosting this debate and Senator Daschle for being such a fantastic and courageous adversary.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

1.   Look, Jim, I want to be as honest as I can with you tonight. I am a deeply pro-life man, and that's a belief I held since the very beginning of my political life. I understand people who are pro-choice, my own running mate is, but this is an issue in which I could not possibly accept such a drug. I have to agree with Senator Daschle here on medical risks, this procedure is painful and risky, and we cannot allow such a drug to circulate freely. But what's beyond this is what happens when the pill does not bring so many risks. I'm sure Senator Daschle would then approve of it, but I have to admit I wouldn't. I personally find life too sacred and too important to risk it in that way, and I ask for forgiveness if that may offend some, but I won't stay silent in that issue.

2.   You might not recall the article since it was quite a while ago, but back in May 1999 I wrote that Slobodan Milosevic was fundamentally an evil man, a thug, if you will. His conduct has been terrible, but the way our current administration has handled Kosovo has been frankly disappointing and lacking efficiency. I am more of an interventionist, and I believe in using our power when is necessary. But we should never forget about the price of that, and how fundamental is to have cooperation to achieve our goals. We went there and we bombed Yugoslavia without actually thinking what was happening, and if this trend goes forward, we'll end up in a bigger quagmire and we will have American troops dying over there. I find it refreshing to see Senator Daschle opposing the Clinton approach, but in this case we should keep applying pressure, and not just to Milosevic. Russia has the power to convince him, and most involve Russia in this process and not just expect "people in right places" to coup Milosevic and open Pandora's box.

3.   Certainly, Jim, my time in the White House provided me with an excellent look at how the Presidency really works, and I had the chance to step in a couple of times to test my ability. The most eloquent example comes ten years ago, in 1989. President Bush was on his way to Malta when I was notified about a military coup attempt in the Philippines, that sought to remove President Aquino from office. I went to the National Security Council and I coordinated the response for quite a few hours, talking to President Aquino, ordering the embassy troops to take defensive positions and setting up a very strong response with my running mate, General Powell. I won't claim to have "saved the day", but President Aquino was able to defeat the coup with our assistance, and I think I proved that I have the ability to step in the middle of a crisis and take command of the situation. I appreciate it when Senator Daschle comes to defend her running mate with such loyalty, but the President will have to deal with crisis that go beyond public opinion and party loyalty. There will be lives at stake.

4.   Senator Daschle, I don't mean to be rude, but have you ever heard of the Asian crisis? I agree with you in the need for cooperation with the international community and foreign leaders when it comes to economic matters, governments alone can make the difference. If we take a more serious approach to handle the economy, if we acknowledge the need for fiscal responsibility and a balanced budget, and if we actually take care of the middle class, we will get an America capable of resisting financial crises. Government should try not to intervene much in good times, but in bad times it's up to us to go there and help Americans who are struggling. What I'm saying here is that we can avoid such developments if we handle the economy in a more responsible way. I'd like to believe our banks are too big to fail, but you never know.

Well, first of all, thank you Jim for moderating this debate, and thanks to Senator Daschle for participating. What I really liked about this debate is that you can clearly see a contrast between two clear options, and that's despite a few common ideas we might have. I ultimately believe that efficiency and responsibility are values that can do a lot for us, they can make the difference in all stages. We need a moral leader for foreign policy, and responsible one for the economy, a compassionate one for immigration and domestic policy, and so forth. What a Quayle administration aims for is to bring integrity and efficiency to we can share as a nation the new millennium that has come upon us, and I insist: it can be done. Many voters are a little bid undecided at this point, but I want to encourage you to look at the chances, and vote for the man that you believe can be a better President. I would be honored to have your support. Thank you very much.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #503 on: March 24, 2014, 09:41:19 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2014, 09:46:25 PM by Governor Spiral »

Who won the debate?

Dan Quayle - 56%
Tom Daschle - 34%
Tie - 10%
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #504 on: March 24, 2014, 09:59:24 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2014, 10:01:19 PM by Senator Lumine »

OOC: Is the bombing of the USS Cole going to happen on October 12 as in OTL?

Vice-President Quayle interviewed by the press after celebrating first debate win:

"Well, I certainly feel rather pleased with the results of the debate. In the end, I won this one by a much bigger margin than the GOP Primary ones, and I had to contend with the fact that we had more Independents and Democrats combined than Republicans watching this debate. We are obviously trying not to get overconfident here, but we just had a small celebration to take some of the stress off. You know, Marilyn, Baker, Beckwith, McSlarrow, Doyle and the rest of the main campaign team. There are still two more debates to go, but I have been training hard for them and I think that it wouldn't be impossible to win all three if I give my best effort, don't you think so?

I am also 100% confident of General Powell's debating skills, and I'm sure he will win the Vice-Presidential debate as well. I can't tell if this will have a visible effect on the polls, but I might feel confident enough to say that Quaylementum is back! Now I plan to resume my usual campaign activities, but again, I am rather pleased with the results, just like all my campaign team. Naturally, I look forward to debate Senator Daschle again, and I hope that Americans will take the chance to tune in and see for themselves the choices they have for President of the United States. It's never an easy choice, I know, but every vote counts and I want to see people really involved in this election. I have to go now, thank you."
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #505 on: March 24, 2014, 10:35:08 PM »

OOC;  Also need to ask about Missouri Senator Mel Carnahan... IRL, he dies October 16 (Personally I'd recommend killing him off, but changing the result to an Ashcroft victory, irregardless of the Presidential Results... Carnahan winning just raises to many open-ended questions)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #506 on: March 24, 2014, 10:58:28 PM »

Schedule for Tom Daschle

October 6

Rally at Houchens Industries-Lt Stadium, Bowling Green, Kentucky

One debate, down, two to go! Now I know I did better than during the primaries, but Vice-President Quayle was a better opponent than either Kerry or Jackson, so it really all washes even, What Quayle really needs to do though is stop comparing me to Bill Clinton. I don't have his taste in women, I don't have his ideas in policy, I'm just not Bill Clinton, why won't you get that?

GOTV/Voter Registration in Glasgow, Kentucky (With Ben Chandler, Jonathan Miller, John Young Brown III, Bob Babbage, Steve Henry and Paul Patton)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Bardstown, Kentucky (With Ben Chandler and Paul Patton)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Willisburg, Kentucky (With Steve Henry,Steve Beshear, Martha Collins, Bereton Jones, David Armstrong, Jerry Abramson, Bremer Ehler and Drexell Davis)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Mackville, Kentucky (With Ben Chandler, Steve Beshear and Paul Patton)

October 7

Rally at Mount Rushmore, Black Hills South Dakota (near Keystone)

For far too long those that were here before any puritan, before any person who could even call themselves a colonist has suffered! Today, I come to the Black Hills, a sacred site for Native Americans of the Midwest, with a proposal, if I am elected President, you will get the Black Hills back! We will cede self-government as a whole of these holy lands to your people, along with any other lands that are currently in use as a reservation. We will even give your people the option to completely take these territories out of the United States, if that is what they so desire. Now if deals like this can be reached here... Why can't the Israelis and Palestinians reach such a deal?

Visit Troops at Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota

It's an honor to be here in one of finest air force bases in the world, alas I left the pilots gear you guys sent me back in Washington...

GOTV/Voter Registration in Blackhawk, South Dakota (With Tim Johnson, Rick Weiland, Curt Hohn, Jim Abbott, Bernie Hunhoff and Jeff Moser)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Sturgis, South Dakota

GOTV/Voter Registration in Spearfish, South Dakota(With Johanna Meier, Gary Mule Deer, Dick Termes, and Tim Johnson)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Chadron, Nebraska (With Ben Nelson, Alan Jacobsen, Shelly Kiel and Roland Reynolds)

October 8

Fundraiser at Carhenge in Alliance, Nebraska (With Ben Nelson, Bob Kerrery, J.James Exon and Kim Robak, James Emanuel) (10% of funds raised are going to Ben Nelson's campaign, 30% of funds raised will Eugene C. Eppley Foundation)

Mini-Rally in Torrington, Wyoming (With Mike Sullivan (on leave from Ireland),Kathy Karpan, Mel Logan, Joyce Jansa Cocoran, Ted Ladd, Paul Hickey, Michael Allen Green, Scott Farris and John Vinich)

I didn't know there were Democrats here in Wyoming... Now, if we get over 37.5% here, it means we're winning in other states, like Florida, and Nevada... So think you can tell your friends that Wyoming isn't a one-party state?

Fundraiser, Silver Sage Bison Ranch in Lusk, Wyoming (With Paul Hickey, Kathy Karpan, Douglas Owlsley and Thomas Wilson Brown) (40% of funds raised will go to World Wildlife fund)

October 9 (Columbus Day/Yom Kippur)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Valentine, Nebraska (With Bob Kerrery and Ben Nelson

GOTV/Voter Registration in Martin, South Dakota (With Tim Johnson)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Murdo, South Dakota (With Tim Johnson)

Archery and Rodeo Bullfighting Fundraiser in Presho, South Dakota (With Don Nankivel running Archery, and Steve Mowry running Rodeo activities)

October 10

Rally at the Sanford Sports Pentagon in Sioux Falls, South Dakota (With Tim Johnson)

You know, I was completely stunned to see that I was only five back here... I was thinking I wasn't going to win even before I picked Senator Lincoln... keep it within ten points sure, but I never thought South Dakota, a State which regularly votes for Republicans with high margins, and extreme regularity in Presidential elections, would have me five behind any Republican at any point, especially after all the fiascoes that plagued my campaign. But this October you have proven me, and Vice-President Quayle wrong, South Dakota is up for grabs, and as my home turf I'm going to defend it with what I've got!

GOTV/Voter Registration in Fayette, Iowa (With Leonard Boswell, Donna Smith, Tom Vilsack, Michael Huston, Bob Simpson, David Osterberg, Mark McCormick and Chet Culver)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Maynard, Iowa

GOTV/Voter Registration in Elgin, Iowa (With Chet Culver)

October 11

GOTV/Voter Registration in West Union, Iowa (With Christie Vilsack)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Perkins, Oklahoma (With Laura Boyd, Jari Askins,Brad Henry, Drew Edmonson, M. Susan Savage and Sandy Garrett)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Hobart, Oklahoma (With Brad Henry and Brad Carson)

October 12

GOTV/Voter Registration in Round Rock, Texas

GOTV/Voter Registration in the Pinch District, Memphis, Tennessee

Poker Tournament Fundraiser at Gold Strike Resort, Tunica, Mississippi (Fundraiser for Chuck Robb Campaign) ($3,000 buy-in+ $100 entry fee limit Texas Hold'em Tournament) (55% of the buy-in and 10% of the entry go to the Robb Campaign)

(Daschle finished 44th out of 109 entrants)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #507 on: March 24, 2014, 11:00:27 PM »

Blanche Lincoln is hunkered down in debate prep at a secure location and thus will be unable to travel on the campaign trail this week.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #508 on: March 26, 2014, 09:53:35 PM »

Probably an unessecary bump.. but I'm ready when everyone else is...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #509 on: March 26, 2014, 09:58:05 PM »

Yeah, I'm ready as well.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #510 on: March 27, 2014, 07:06:11 PM »

Update tomorrow.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #511 on: March 28, 2014, 07:29:36 AM »

October 13th-October 19th begins now

-Quayle wins debate by a large margin. Americans "expected" it, poll says.

-Debate win makes Quayle grow in polls. Gasmussen shows a 10-point lead for him! Will the lead shrunk once the debate talk is over?

-John Kerry in trouble after lecturing about how to approach "the legacy of slavery and segregation" in North Carolina. Is that the kind of message Daschle wants to spread in the South? If he were elected President, would he treat Southerns as if they were still slave owners?

-Will Daschle 50 state strategy work? He's sent surrogate Gore to Utah, Kansas and Arizona this week and has visited Nebraska, Wyoming and Texas. At least it seems he's helping democrats in republican states.

-Quayle campaigns in Maine and New Jersey before the debate... May have been a better strategy than Political Science experts predicted. New Jersey may be now a toss-up state. We'll be releasing a poll for it next week.

-TV ad "Hard Work",  by Quayle's campaign team is "the best political ad of the year", a democratic party source says. "We hope we had the organization they have", "I thought the man was DOA after 1992, proved me wrong", "My wife's voting for him" other DP sources acknowledge.

-"Daschle was pedantic, pretentious, in the debate, mentioning a bunch of foreign politicians I had never heard about", "I knew Daschle wouldn't manage to win the debate, but at least he didn't say anything specially damaging for our chances in November", "I fell asleep when he started mentioning those Asian politicans"...

-"Quayle looks so Presidential... It looks like he's the President now and not Bill Clinton", "Quayle knows about the Asian situation, and Daschle about Asian names. I pick the first for President", "It's irritating to see this man talkingf about how great a President he will be and to write Dachle off. I didn't like his debate performance, buut I still don't know who will get my vote"...

National PRP Poll (October 6th)Sad

Quayle/Powell 51% (+2)
Daschle/Lincoln 44% (-1)
Undecided/DK 5% (-1)

National Gassmussen Poll (October 7th)Sad

Quayle/Powell 52% (+2)
Daschle/Lincoln 42% (-2)
Undecided/DK 6% (=)

National B2000 Poll (October 9th)Sad

Quayle/Powell 50% (+1)
Daschle/Lincoln 45% (=)
Undecided/DK 5% (-1)

Opinion of Collin Powell:

Favorable 58%
Unfavorable 33%
DK/U 9%

Do you think Collin Powell should be replaced as VP candidate?

Yes 15%
No 74%
DK/U 11%

-Among republicans:

Yes 11%
No 80%
DK/U 9%

Opinion about Tom Daschle's intelligence:

Above average 23%
About average 55%
Below average 15%
DK                     7%

Did you expect Quayle winning the debate?

Yes 66%
No 17%
DK/U 17%

(No state polls now, because some were taking before and some after the debate, but in the middle of the week I'll be releasing state polls for 12 states).

We will only have one more Presidential debate. The VP debate will happen this week. Could you moderate it again, Spiral??? Thanks!

The USS Cole booming isn't happening in the game.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #512 on: March 28, 2014, 06:10:02 PM »

Dan Quayle's Schedule:
(October 13th - October 19th) Sad

"I'm fighting because I care, and because I am some sort of a believer. I believe in America, I believe in the Republican Party and I believe in myself, and that's why you have seen me confident throughout this race. Sure, I acknowledge it, sometimes I am a little bit arrogant and I sincerely apologize to the voters if they get that idea. But I also believe in being ambitious, in looking forward to a future that we all have to seize. A new and bright America will not come if e only wish for it, we have to go and make it different. People have to vote, they have to voice their opinion and talk about the country they want to see. I'd like to think that this election has managed to craft said debate beyond the personalities of the candidates, and if you look at my campaign, it's not just empty promises of having the best government ever, we have plans, specific goals, and a lot of enthusiasm!"

October 13th:
-New Jersey:
-Bus Tour and Rally in Paterson, NJ.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Elizabeth, NJ.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Edison, NJ.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Trenton.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Newark, NJ.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Jersey City, NJ.

"Glad to be back in New Jersey! Some of you may have been surprised when I came here last week, but honestly don't believe in writing states off. And the polls seem to agree with me, don't you think? New Jersey is now 100% toss up, and you will see Dan Quayle's best efforts to win this state in the three weeks of campaign we have left! New Jersey is a state that fundamentally understands the importance of a responsible and focused economy, and that's why I think you will be interested in my economic proposals, specially my middle class tax cut, which is believe is the key to an easier life for all families across the United State. Now, talking about families..."

October 14th:
-Pennsylvania:
-Rally in Erie, PA.
-Rally in Scranton, PA.
-Rally in Levittown, PA.
-Rally in Lancaster, PA.
-Rally in Harrisburg, PA.
-Campaign City Tour of Philadelphia, PA.

"You might find this a little bit strange, but is there a chance I could convince all of you to watch the Vice-Presidential debate this week? We are going to see two great individuals, General Powell and Senator Lincoln, debating about some pretty crucial issues, and I think that will have many people to make up their minds. I had the pleasure to debate General Powell back in the primaries, and he is not to be underestimated, so I think we will do a more than fantastic job! Now, Edward, you were asking me about educational policy? Yes? Well, you see, I am of the opinion that having more freedom in Education does not lead to Educational anarchy, so as long as we make sure that we have good standards and that we are taking care of, let's say, college students, we'll do just fine."

October 15th:
-Ohio:
-Barnstorm in Akron, OH.
-Barnstorm in Cleveland, OH.
-Barnstorm in Dayton, OH.
-Barnstorm in Parma, OH.
-Barnstorm in Canton, OH.
-Barnstorm and Rally in Columbus, OH.

"A ten point lead! Can you believe it? I would have get laughed at in August if I had suggested that number. Some may like to point out that since my campaign has been gaffee-free thus far and with the Daschle campaign still making the same mistakes the lead shouldn't be surprising, but I disagree. The past years have seen some pretty ugly partisan fights, and many people complained about our nation and how polarized it was. And yet, we are now leading a campaign that might be the first one to actually win more than 50% of the popular vote since 1988, when I was elected Vice-President. I think having an actual majority of Americans supporting you is the best sign of the people's real trust on a candidate, and I'd like to think Americans are finally trusting me as someone who could be a good President."

October 16th:
-Michigan:
-Voter Registration Efforts and Rally in Detroit, MI.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Lansing, MI.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Ann Harbor, MI.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Warren, MI.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Grand Rapids, MI.
-Interviews with Local Media (Radio).

"Democrats enjoy calling me a reactionary, but there are some issues in which our government has simply not been effective. I was reading about crime levels in America a few days ago, and I was shocked at the levels here in Detroit. It means that people have to live their lives while in permanent fear of crime, and that proves to be really devastating to our quality of life. And yet I keep hearing people who wish to lower sentences and such. No, ladies and gentlemen, I prefer being tough on crime, specially on gun crimes. As President I will openly call for One-Strike laws for gun crimes, and that includes juveniles. People have lived in fear for far too much time for us to neglect that."

October 17th:
-Minnesota:
-Town Hall in St. Cloud, MN.
-Town Hall in Eagan, MN.
-Barnstorm in Rochester, MN.
-Barnstorm in Duluth, MN.
-Rally in St. Paul, MN.
-Rally in Minneapolis, MN.

"Has anybody seen Blanche Lincoln? I never saw her in the campaign trail once last week, and that worries me. I get that she prefers to have debate practice, and I understand that, but still, she should have come to at least one or two states past week. Senator Daschle and I campaigned and had debate prep at the Senate time, so where's the problem? (Pause) Well, I may be getting a little bit paranoid, forgive me. Now, I wanted to speak to you about trade and China. We have seen the dramatic rise of China as an economic power in the past few years, and they are becoming a rival. Not only they seem to manipulate their currency, they are facing some pretty serious domestic issues that we must not overlook. I'm not advocating going extreme with them, but we have to start responding to their moves."

October 18th:
-Wisconsin:
-Bus Tour in Madison, WI.
-Bus Tour in Green Bay, WI.
-Bus Tour in Kenosha, WI.
-Bus Tour in Racine, WI.
-Bus Tour in Appleton, WI.
-Barnstorm and Rally in Milwaukee, WI, then meeting with party leaders and volunteers.

"Good morning, everyone. Today I wanted to discuss with you a subject that has not been really discussed lately, that of government reform. It's easy to dismiss the conservative argument as government has to be smaller, period. But it's not about that, it's about making our government less bloated and more efficient. How? Well, there are many ways to accomplish that, and I want to start by reducing our Cabinet. If we were to combine a couple of Departments not only we would get less bureaucracy, we would ensure efficiency. We should also try to get more neutral judges, for we often see the ghost of partisanship in the middle of purely legal disputes with people going after a political agenda, and that does not belong in our judiciary system. We could also go with term limits, or we could cut congressional benefits after 12 or 16 years."

October 19th:
-California:
-Voter Registration Efforts in Fresno, CA.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Sacramento, CA.
-Voter Registration Efforts in San Francisco, CA.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Oakland, CA.
-Voter Registration Efforts in San Jose, CA.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Long Beach, CA.

"I can sense the momentum growing, California! I don't care if the pundits criticize my focus in California, this election is about breaking the old and tired concepts that help nobody. During the past few weeks we have seen states like Arkansas, Tennessee, West Virginia and Missouri abandon Daschle completely, and I think California will go for us in Election Day. It's probably going to be close, but I don't see a rule that says that California can't vote Republican, as Michael Dukakis will happily tell you. (Laughs) Come on, California, come with me and help me break another ceiling in politics!"
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #513 on: March 28, 2014, 07:27:33 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2014, 08:48:51 PM by Senator Lumine »

Quayle 2000: (Update)

With a debate win and a commanding lead in the polls, Vice-President Quayle is on a roll, but his campaign team refuses to play safe until the end.

"He did it, Jim, he's got him against the ropes!"

Those words are attributed to John Sununu (after the first presidential debate) by some staffers, and they go a long way to show how committed the Quayle Team is to the cause. They never have the chance to be in the same place at the same hour, but after working for so many months to get Dan Quayle in the White House they have proved to be a mostly effective team, specially in light of the resounding sucess of the "Hard Work" Ad and the good organization of the campaign. Praise goes to various individuals, Doyle, McSlarrow and Sununu for their organizational skills and Baker and Marliyn Quayle for actually commanding the ship. Despite some occasional fights over the leadership, Quayle can be more than satisfied with him team, but now it's time to put it to the test. With three weeks left until the election, Quayle seems to believe it's time to get serious and redouble his efforts to win, which is why his campaign has chosen to revive some issues from the past. From his handling of the Philippines attempted coup to his extensive travels across the world, and from his steady beliefs to his loyal performance as VP, "Quayleworld" hopes to show Quayle as a man who got destroyed by the press without deserving such treatment, hoping not only to show a story of "redemption" but to prove he was right all time along. And the best way of doing that, they believe, is by taking a gamble by going and going after an old enemy: Murhpy Brown.

Attacks on Murphy Brown brought Quayle a lot of criticism in 1992, but eight years after that, it seems the Vice-President may have actually been right.

Vice-President Quayle was interviewed today by CNN and he spoke about his plans for that old issue, along with some ideas for a potential cabinet should he win the election. Here's an extract of the interview:

Interviewer: So, Mr. Vice-President, it's been a pretty good week for you.
Quayle: Oh, certainly. The feedback has been very positive, and save from the arrogance comments, I seem to be doing great.
InterviewerSad I've been hearing "Murphy Brown" mentioned a lot by some campaign team members, but always out of context. Would you care to explain?
Quayle: Sure. I think I got a far too negative response back in 1992, so a strong response now with a different context might help to change that negative perception. We plan to run an ad on that, and I want to touch the subject in my campaign stops.
Interviewer: Will all due respect, Mr. Vice-President, it was strange to see an officeholder going after a TV show.
QuayleSad Many think that way, but TV shows are more important in America that what some people think. I would guess 90% of Americans have done at least one thing they saw on TV, and in this case, we were seeing the glorification of a model that is not the best one available. I never said single moms couldn't raise a child, but we have to acknowledge that kids with two parents often get a more stable home and they tend to have better results, and those are numbers, not just arguments.
Interviewer: Don't you think this could be a potential gaffe?
Quayle: No, not really, America is ready to have this talk, and I hope Americans will side with me on this one.

Marilyn Quayle in the campaign trail, will she prove helpful?

And Murphy Brown, while by far the most visible movement of the campaign this week, is not the only one. Hoping to change a few dynamics of the race, Marilyn Quayle has been a rather outspoken surrogate for Quayle this week, taking a tour of Minnesota, Michigan, Iowa and Wisconsin in order to talk to middle class families that might feel attracted to Bill Clinton (and by extension to Daschle). The "Hard Work" ad is also running in more states this week, trying to gain an advantage thanks to favorable reviews. Thus the ad will now run in Illinois, California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Arkansas, West Virginia, New Hampshire, Maine and New Jersey. And, last but not least, a couple more ads will also be released, relating to foreign affairs and tax reform.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dan Quayle TV Ad: Taxes and the Economy:

States: Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Florida, California, Connecticut and Minnesota:

(We see graphics showing the rise of the economy. Eventually, most of them go down and the red lines, which represent taxes, go up and up. Then we see clips of common americans looking depressed or confused.)

Voiceover: Good economic times come and go, but our policies and our approach towards the economy always stays. More now than ever, we need a capable and effective President to handle our surplus, help our families, and guarantee prosperity in America.

(We see Dan Quayle giving a speech.)

Quayle: America will soon face a good number of crucial choices for the future of our economy, and itps up to us to ensure we will be able to enjoy economic growth for a long time. We need a balanced budget, we need to cut taxes for the middle class, and we need to get rid of the regulations that are strangling businesses in this country. That's what I want to do for you as President.

Voiceover: On November, vote for sound economic policies, vote for Dan Quayle.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dan Quayle TV Ad: American Leadership:

States: New Hampshire, Florida, Ohio, Nevada, Oregon, South Dakota, Arkansas and Tennessee:

(We see pictures of the War in Bosnia, Operation Desert Storm, and some of the attacks on Americans embassies by terrorist groups.)

Voiceover: History did not end after the Cold War, and the world of the 21st Century will have to face many complicated issues in order to finally unleash it's potential. To achieve that, America and the Free World will need a man ready to lead, a man who can be a moral leader.

(We see pictures and clips of Dan Quayle talking to many foreign and american leaders, like Corazon Aquino, George Bush and so forth.)

Voiceover: As Vice-President, Dan Quayle met with almost fifty world leaders, often talking at lenght about the need for a stronger leadershp in world affairs. He was often told that America was capable of being that leader, and now he is ready to take on the challenge and lead us in the world stage with dignity and efficiency. In three more weeks, vote for a strong America, vote for Dan Quayle.

Dan Quayle TV Ad: Murphy Brown:

States: Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida:

(We see Dan Quayle's Murphy Brown speech.)

Quayle: Bearing babies irresponsibly is simply wrong, failing to support children one has fathered is wrong. We must be unequivocal about this. It doesn’t help matters when prime-time TV has Murphy Brown, a character who supposedly epitomizes today’s intelligent, highly paid professional woman, mocking the importance of fathers by bearing a child alone and calling it just another lifestyle choice.

(We see clips of the reaction to the speech.)

Voiceover: Remember this? Eight years ago Dan Quayle was attacked and critized by many people after that speech, but a few years are enough to give this a new perspective. Research shows that more and more children are born outside marriage, and it also shows that, somehow, those who live with their biological parents do better in school and achieve higher levels of education and earn more as adults.

Quayle: It's not easy to raise a child alone, and I truly respect single parents. I never said that families don't come in all shapes and sizes, but I said that children raised by married, responsible parents do better than those who aren't, and I stand by my words.  I believe it's time for us to recognize that families are a very positive force in America, and our government should help them by lowering restrictions, lowering taxes, with educational reform and better health care.

Voiceover: On November, vote for families, vote for Dan Quayle.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #514 on: March 28, 2014, 09:38:16 PM »

From historic Danville, Kentucky, good evening, and welcome to this year's only vice presidential debate sponsored by the Commission on Presidential Debates. I'm Bernard Shaw of CNN, moderator. The candidates are the Republican nominee, former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Colin Powell of New York, and the Democratic nominee, Senator Blanche Lincoln of Arkansas.

There's no magic bullet to solve the problems of public education. What is the next best solution?

Should U.S. military personnel be deployed as warriors or peacekeepers?

Many experts are forecasting continuing chaotic oil prices in the world market. Wholesale natural gas prices here in our country are leaping. Then there are coal and electricity. Have previous Republican and Democratic Congresses and administrations, including this one, done their job to protect the American people?

We all know Social Security is the backbone of the retirement system in our nation. Can either of you pledge tonight categorically that no one will lose benefits under your plans?

You may now begin your closing statements.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #515 on: March 28, 2014, 10:34:36 PM »

Schedule for Surrogate John Kerry;

October 13;

GOTV/Voter Registration in Harvey Cedars, New Jersey

GOTV/Voter Registration in Seaside Heights, New Jersey (With Jon Corzine, Maryanne Connolly, Rush Holt, Reed Guscoria and Susan Bass Levin, Jim Florio and Frank Lautenberg)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Lakehurst, New Jersey (With Juice Newton and Richard Shindell representing Rock The Vote)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Stafford, New Jersey (With Frank Lautenberg)

October 14;

Attend Anti-Nuclear Power Rally at Oyster Creek Nuclear Generating Station, Lacey New Jersey (Representing Daschle Campaign) (With Robbie Cox and Chuck McGrady representing the Sierra Club, John Passacantado, and Jean McSorley Representing Greenpeace, and also Arun Makijani)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Eagleswood, New Jersey

GOTV/Voter Registration in Little Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey (With Frank Lautenberg, Richard Codey and Robert Torricelli)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Hillside, New Jersey (With Jon Corzine, Donald Payne, Rollie Massimino, Robert Parham, Tab Ramos and Nick Sakiewicz)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Bloomsbury, New Jersey

October 15

GOTV/Voter Registration in Lewistown, Pennsylvaina (With Ron Klink, Julia Kasdorf, Elmer Ellsworth McMeen III, Terry Van Horne, Peter Lennon, Patrick Casey, Carolyn Meyer, Joe Hoeffel, John Murtha, Ed O'Brien, and Frank Mascara)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Newport, Pennsylvania (With Ron Klink)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Duncannon, Pennsylvania

GOTV/Voter Registration in Marysville, Pennsylvania

October 16
GOTV/Voter Registration in Bridgewater, New York (With Hillary Clinton, Maurice Hinchey and John LaFalce)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Sherrill, New York (With Hillary Clinton, Dan Patrick Moynihan, Mike McNulty, Maurice Hicnchey, Louise Slaughter, John LaFalce, Sheldon Silver, Martin Connor, Manfhred Orenstien, Anthony Masiello, Gerald Jennings, David Dinkins and Ed Koch)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Geneva, New York (With Cynthia DeFelice, Michael Hashim, Lauren Holly, Christine Lavin, Timothy DiDuro and Rocky Fratto representing Rock The Vote (Holly, DeFelice, DiDuro) and a local voter registration effort backed by the Finger Lakes Times(Fratto, Hashim, Lavin),which is campaigning for Geneva to be the first American Municipality with a recorded 100% turnout.)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Pittsford, New York (With Hillary Clinton)

Judge at Beauty Pageant Fundraiser for Clinton 2000/Schumer 2004 Senate Campaign and for Daschle/Lincoln  Presidential campaign. (Other Judges; Miss New York and Miss USA 1979 Mary Therese Friel, Model, Actress and Real Estate Broker Trish Goff, Former Model and Actress Vendla Kirsebom, and Model, Actress and entrepenuer Johanna "Josie" Maran) (Goff, Kirsebom, and Maran were paid appearance fees of $550,000 each for their time, with payment divided between the Daschle, Clinton and Schumer campaign apparatuses.) (The event took place in Pittsford, New York)

October 17

Fundraiser at the Beau Rivage, in Biloxi, Missisippi (With Gene Taylor, Ronnie Musgrove, Clifford "Ronnie" Shows, Troy Brown, Sonny Montgomery, Bennie Thompson, Mike Espy, David Bowen, Troy Brown)

GOTV/Voter Registration at Imperial Palace Hotel and Casino Biloxi (Matt Barlow, Jimmy Buffett, Hector Camacho, Gary Collins, Chris LeDoux, Kel Mitchell, Eric Roberts for Rock the Vote, Fred Haise for the National Space Society (Which is not endorsing Daschle) and Francis Grevemberg representing The National Orginization of Police Associations (Which is leaning towards endorsing Quayle).

Interview with Robin Roberts for 20/20 in Starkville, Mississippi

So over the past few months Democratic leaders have been despondent about Senator Daschle's chances... do believe he has a chance?

Well, I wouldn't be campaigning for him if I didn't think so right?

Let's look ahead to January 2001, and Senator Daschle has defeated the odds and won. There would be a leadership gap in the Democratic Party, who do you think would be the new Senate floor leader?

I admit, much of that has to do with his cabinet, he's already put one Senator in Blanche Lincoln on the ticket, and I've heard rumors he likes Senator Feingold for the position of Attorney General, and Senator Levin for Secretary of Defense, so that might shake up the numbers further. I'm guessing someone like Senator Bob Graham or Senator Dianne Feinstein would be my personal choice, but I'm not sure who Senator would prefer to be his replacement

Senator Daschle, also chose Boston Mayor Thomas Menino to serve as DNC Finance Director in a fax release this morning, as part of what is expected to be a broader DNC shakeup over the coming months. As a fellow Massachusetts native, do you agree with the choice, or do you believe someone else should have been chosen?

While I think Thomas Menino will be an excellent Finance Director for the DNC, I am against currently serving public officials also serving on the DNC or RNC because they have constituents they must also represent, not just the national party.

October 18

GOTV/Voter Registration in Gautier, Mississippi

GOTV/Voter Registration in Moss Point Mississippi (With John Brock and Robert Khayat as campaign support) (David Lynn Thomas Representing Rock The Vote)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Horn Lake, Mississippi

October 19

GOTV/Voter Registration in Marion, Arkansas

GOTV/Voter Registration in Cardwell, Missouri (With Bob Holden and Claire McCaskill)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Holcomb, Missouri

GOTV/Voter Registration in Kennett, Missouri (With Sheryl Crow representing Rock the vote, Dan Landrum Representing VDARE and Gib Singleton representing Focus on the Family) (VDARE has not endorsed a candidate, Focus on the Family has presumably endorsed Quayle)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Ste. Genevieve, Missouri

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #516 on: March 29, 2014, 09:54:49 AM »

Powell Campaign Schedule: Oct 13-19

Oct: 13th: Vermont
-Rally in Burlington, VT
-Rally in Stowe, VT
-Town Hall in Newport, VT
-Town Hall in Brattleboro, VT
-Town Hall in Rutland, VT

Oct: 14th: Maine
-Rally in Augusta, ME
-Town Hall in York, ME
-Town Hall in Kittery, ME
-Town Hall in Gorham, ME
-Rally in Portland, ME

Oct: 15th: Connecticut
-Rally in Granbury, CT
-Rally in Bristol, CT
-Rally in Norwalk, CT
-Rally in Norwich, CT

Oct.: 16th: Nevada
-Rally in Reno, NV
-Rally in Las Vegas, NV
-Rally in Carson City, NV
-Tour the Hoover Dam, NV

Oct. 17th: California
-Rally in Santa Monica, CA
-Rally in Los Angeles, CA
-Rally in Sacramento, CA
-Rally in San Diego, CA

Oct. 18th: Oregon
-Rally in Portland, OR
-Interview with World News Tonight with Peter Jennings
-Rally in Mout Hood, OR

Oct 19th: Washington
-Town Hall in Forks, WA
-Rally in Seattle, WA
-Rally in Walla Walla, WA
-Rally in Yakmia, WA

Jennings: Only a few weeks to go. How do you and the Vice President feel about the state of the race?

Powell: We're definitely confident, but not cocky. We still need to reach out and make our case, but we're encouraged to say the least.

Jennings: What will the top priorities be for the Administration?

Powell: Tax relief for the American people. Education reform and a more nuanced priority, but an important one, which is returning honor and integrity to the White House. Dan Quayle is an decent and humble servant and it will inspiring to have him in the Oval Office as President.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #517 on: March 29, 2014, 08:28:53 PM »

Debate Answers;

I'd like to thank Senator Daschle for picking and standing by me, and the People of Arkansas, for electing me to the Senate as without them, I would not even have this opportunity available to me.

While there is no silver bullet, a Daschle Department of Education will encourage states to pursue all kinds of options, such as charter schools, Statewide Pre-Kindergarten and Vocational Schools. A Daschle Department of Education would also seek to restrict or abolish college athletics, regardless of payment, because athletics does not equate with the mission of a academic institution of higher learning in the campaign's view.

The answer is- it really depends on what the situation is. For example, in the Somali Civil War, which President Bush and President Clinton got the United States involved in was a situation we almost certainly should not have been involved in in any circumstance. This was a country that was locked in a civil war that was vicious and bloody, and still has not been settled. They did not see us as peacekeepers, they saw us instead as enemies. The best peacekeeping operation is in a country that will see us as such, like South Korea, which has morphed from a country we keep troops in, to a valuable ally.

I believe that answer depends on what particular calamity, and which President you are talking about. For example every President has made an effort to prevent Nuclear War, since Presidents Truman and Eisenhower decided not to use the atomic bomb during the Korean War. Sometimes Presidents best efforts fail regardless of what they are doing, like during the 1973 oil crisis, which while Nixon started it with his overt support of Israel, when discreetness should have been the tone of the day, his efforts to end the crisis never were able to amount to much. And Occasionally Presidents cannot protect the populace, which the usual circumstance regarding natural disasters, such as Hurricane Andrew, and Economic Calamities, such as the Dust Bowl.

If people are following all the laws related to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, there is no reason why these people would lose benefits under a Daschle Administration.

Once again, thank you to the people of Arkansas, to Senator Daschle, and to voters across America for giving us this opportunity. I'd also like to thank the Quayle campaign and Gen. Powell for agreeing to debate me after all the problems I've had, and I hope I met your expectations if not anyone else's.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #518 on: March 30, 2014, 04:02:26 PM »

Schedule for Surrogate Bill Clinton

October 13, 14 and 15, At the White House in Washington D.C

October 16

GOTV/Voter Registration in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina (With Eva Clayton, Bob Etheridge, Leigh McNary, Mike Easley, Dennis Wicker and Jim Hunt)

GOTV/Voter Registration at the Bodie Island Lighthouse, Nags Head, North Carolina (With Bob Etheridge, Leigh McNary, Jim Hunt and Mike Easley)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Elizabeth City, North Carolina (Max Roach representing Rock the Vote) (James Owens representing the U.S Chamber of Commerce) (No formal endorsement given)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Flat Rock, North Carolina (With Jim Hunt, Mike Easley, Dennis Wicker, Mike McIntyre, Mike Taylor, Ed McGuire, Delmas Parker, Sam Niell, Beverley Perdue, Ronnie Ansley, James Long, Elaine Marshall, Harry Payne Jr, Harlan Broyles and Ralph Campbell)

Fundraiser/ Production of My Fair Lady for Easley 2000, Perdue 2000, Scott Phipps 2000, Campbell 2000, Berger 2000, Scarborough for Charlotte 2001, Meeker for Charlotte 2001 at Flat Rock Playhouse, Flat Rock North Carolina (With Meg Scott Phipps, Ella Scarborough, Charles Meeker, Ralph Campbell and Doug Berger)

(Casting for My Fair Lady is as follows)
Henry Higgins-  Charles Meeker
Eliza Doolittle- Idina Menzel
Alfred P. Doolittle- Bill Clinton
Colonel Pickering- Chuck Kaiton
Freddy Eneysford-Hill- Jason Alexander
Mrs. Higgins- Liza Minelli
Mr/Mrs. Pearce- Charles Kimbrough
Mrs Eynsford-Hill- Meryl Streep
Zoltan Karpathy- Marty Hurney

October 17

GOTV/Voter Registration in Saluda, North Carolina

Poetry Reading Fundraiser in Tyron, North Carolina (With Cathy Smith Bowers)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Prosperity, South Carolina (With Andy Brack, Jane Fredrick, George Brightharp, John Spratt, Jim Clyburn, Jim Hodges, Inez Tenenbaum, Alex Sanders, Bob Coble and Joseph Riley Jr.)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Little Mountain, South Carolina (With Jim Hodges, Inez Tenenbaum, Nick Theodore, Liz Patterson, Butler Derrick, Robin Tallon and Mignon Clyburn)

Fundraiser at the Wells Japanese Garden, Newberry, South Carolina

October 18

GOTV/Voter Registration in Fountain Inn, South Carolina

GOTV/Voter Registration in Clinton, South Carolina

GOTV/Voter Registration in Sullivan's Island, South Carolina

GOTV/Voter Registration in Isle of Palms, South Carolina

October 19

GOTV/Voter Registration at the University of West Florida, Pensacola, Florida (With Reubin Askew, Fred Levin, Vince Whibbs, Michael McCready and Bill Nelson)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Sugar Hill, Georgia
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #519 on: March 31, 2014, 09:24:32 PM »

Schedule for Blanche Lincoln

October 13

Participate in Ceremonial Tee off at Samsung World Championships, Hiddenbrooke Golf Club, Vallejo, California (16th Tee) (With Amy Alcott, Debbie Austin, Sandra Post, JoAnne Carner, Kathy Whitworth and Alice Miller) (Also Present; LPGA Commissioner Ty Votaw)

The LPGA has been a leader in promoting Women's rights in sports since day one in 1950, Twenty-Two years before Title IX was even conceived! Commissioner Ty Votaw understands this, and has worked to advance equality and diversity in sports since 1991 when he joined the LPGA as general counsel! He taught that women, like Anika Sorenstam can be as talented as men, like Tiger Woods. He taught that Men can be as dainty as Women. He has publicized Women's sports, something a Daschle administration will emphasize when we submit our Olympic bid for 2012! 

GOTV/Voter Registration in El Cajon, California

GOTV/Voter Registration in Skokie, Illinois

October 14

Ceremonial Tee Off at SEI Pennsylvania Classic at Mystic Rock, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, Famrington, Pennsylvania (14th Hole) (With Blaine McCallister, John Mahaffey, David Peoples, Tim Simpson, Mark Jordan, Bob Tway and Woody Blackburn) (Also attending, PGA Tour Commissioner Tim Finchem)

Throw Out First Pitch, Safeco Field, Seattle, Washington (2000 ALCS Game 5, Mariners v Yankees) (With Patty Murray as Battery-Mate)

October 15

GOTV/Voter Registration in Mountain Pine, Arkansas

GOTV/Voter Registration in Hot Springs, Arkansas

GOTV/Voter Registration in Conway, Arkansas

GOTV/Voter Registration in Sherwood, Arkansas

October 16

GOTV/Voter Registration in Vilonia, Arkansas

GOTV/Voter Registration in Drasco, Arkansas

October 17
Perform Ceremonial Puck Drop at Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, New York (New York Islanders vs Calgary Flames)

October 18

Participate in Ceremonial Match (Single-Set) at 2000 Adidas Open de Toulouse, Toulouse, France (With Jimmy Connors vs Claude Chirac and Guy Forget)

October 19

Caddy Opening Round for Bernhard Langer, Turespana Masters, Madrid Spain
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #520 on: April 03, 2014, 05:51:23 AM »

Thank you Bernard and to the sponsor of tonight's debate. To Senator Lincoln it's a great honor to be with you here tonight. The best solution for education is not a top down, government run approach. The department of educations, but we need to rely putting more of a focus on the individual states and allowing them to craft their own plans and proposals. What may work in Washington, may not work in Kentucky. More importantly from that we need to put an emphasis on good teachers, such as merit based pay, because the ones at stake here are our kids. We want to be the best and brightest in the world and be able to compete in this vast global economy.

The US military must be both. We must be prepared for either option. Take it from me we are the greatest military force on this earth, but we must also be prepared for peace. It is not simply firing a few rounds of a bullets, waving the victory flag and then we go home. We are a force for good in the modern world and we have it both ways.

I think the administration have done they can. There are certain events that cannot be predicted, that cannot be controlled, but that does not mean we should be caught sitting on our hands. Take oil, there is no reason the United States cannot start drilling here and taking measures through other technologies to become energy independent and if we are elected that will be a top priority of the Quayle Administration.

I can say to you here tonight, under a Quayle-Powell Administration Social Security will be strengthened and protected, period. As Dwight Eisenhower once said anyone who would dare try to undo social security will be lost to history.

There is a great difference in this campaign, over the visions on how this country will be led. One is path laid out by Senator Daschle, which in my estimation is all over the place. The other is laid out by Vice President Dan Quayle. It is one of peace, one of growth, one of balanced budgets and prosperity and one of honor. I ask for you to join us campaign and help elect Dan Quayle the next President of the United States. He is one of the decent and most honorable men I've met in my career and I can assure with him sitting behind the Oval Office, America cannot go wrong. Thank you very much and God Bless you and this great country."
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #521 on: April 03, 2014, 08:59:25 AM »

Who won the debate?

Colin Powell - 44%
Blanche Lincoln - 33%
Tie - 23%
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #522 on: April 03, 2014, 11:07:24 AM »

Can't wait to see the next update, xD
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #523 on: April 05, 2014, 04:32:51 PM »

Bump! Perhaps last turn should be the last?
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #524 on: April 06, 2014, 04:00:47 PM »

State polls

Hawaii:

Daschle/Lincoln 49%
Quayle/Powell 45%