2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:22:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25
Author Topic: 2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 91815 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 03, 2013, 02:15:39 PM »

The week of November 1-6 begins now.

Democrats (National)
Wesley Clark - 30%
John Kerry - 26%
Paul Wellstone - 21%
Barbara Mikulski - 18%
Undecided - 5%

Democrats (Iowa)
Wesley Clark - 28%
John Kerry - 23%
Paul Wellstone - 23%
Barbara Mikulski - 19%
Undecided - 7%

Democrats (New Hampshire)
John Kerry - 32%
Wesley Clark - 25%
Paul Wellstone - 21%
Barbara Mikulski - 16%
Undecided - 6%

Republicans (National)
Jack Kemp - 19%
Colin Powell - 17%
Elizabeth Dole - 15%
John McCain - 13%
Dan Quayle - 12%
Connie Mack - 10%
Pat Buchanan - 8%
Undecided - 6%

Republicans (Iowa)
Elizabeth Dole - 18%
Jack Kemp - 18%
Dan Quayle - 15%
Colin Powell - 14%
Connie Mack - 13%
Pat Buchanan - 9%
John McCain - 8%
Undecided - 5%

Republicans (New Hampshire)
Jack Kemp - 22%
John McCain - 17%
Colin Powell - 17%
Elizabeth Dole - 14%
Pat Buchanan - 11%
Dan Quayle - 8%
Connie Mack - 6%
Undecided - 5%

Reform (National)
Donald Trump - 60%
David L. Boren - 29%
Undecided - 11%

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 02:48:25 PM »

Former Congressman Jack Kemp Schedule November 1st-6th, 1999

"Under the Clinton years we faced unbearable embarrassment. The first President to be impeached since President Johnson in the 1800s, failed attempts at universal healthcare, and increased taxation on all of our citizens. The only things that were successful, the Contract with America and welfare reforms, were Republican ideas pushed through the Republican congress and we forced President Clinton to do it. Under my administration, we will return integrity to the office of the Presidency and cut taxes for all Americans so that they have more money in their pockets to do what they will. Consumer choice!"

November 1st, 1999:
Appearance on Larry King Live
Barnstorming in Nashua, NH
Barnstorming in Salem, NH
Town Hall in Manchester, NH
Town Hall in Peterborough, NH
Meet and Greet in Concord, NH

November 2nd, 1999:
Barnstorming in Concord, NH
Meet and Greet in Dover, NH
Speech in Dover, NH
Barnstorming in Portsmouth, NH
Barnstorming in Hampton, NH
Town Hall in Raymond, NH

November 3rd, 1999:
Barnstorming in Moultonborough, NH
Town Hall in Lincoln, NH
Town Hall in Bethleham, NH
Meet and Greet in Whitefield, NH
Meet and Greet in Littleton, NH
Appearance on Local News Program in NH

"I would like to argue that I am the most experienced candidate out of this field. You look at Colin Powell, fine man, but hasn't held office. You look at Liddy Dole, fine woman, but her experience is entirely in the executive branch. I have a wide array of experience. I was Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, I was in Congress, that's two branches of Government right there. I helped develop much of the Reagan agenda, which gave us the longest period of prosperity in a long time. I think it's clear who the choice is, whether its the Republican primary or the General election."

November 4th, 1999 (Alaska):
Barnstorming in Juneau, AK
Meet and Greet in Valdez, AK
Barnstorming in Anchorage, AK
Speech in Anchorage, AK
Town Hall in Fairbanks, AK
Barnstorming in Fairbanks, AK
Meeting with Senator Ted Stevens (seeking Endorsement)

"You're probably wondering: Jesus Jack, why aren't you wearing a coat? Matter of fact, why are you even here in Alaska? I'll tell you why: Other candidates won't go here, I will. It's a metaphor for my career. When my fellow candidates were proposing cutting social security, I was defending the program. When my fellow candidates said we should deport all immigrants and let less people into this country, I was always there to point out that immigrants are the backbone of our economy. I am standing on my principles, but willing to go anywhere to meet and hear from Americans who are concerned about Americas future."

November 5th, 1999:
Barnstorming in Red Oak, IA
Town Hall in Indianola, IA
Barnstorming in Des Moines, IA
Meet and Greet in Des Moines, IA
Town Hall in Ames, IA
Meet and Greet in Marshalltown, IA

November 6th, 1999:
Barnstorming in Newton, IA
Barnstroming in Iowa City, Ia
Barnstorming in Musactine, IA
Town Hall in Cedar Rapids, IA
Town Hall in Dubuque, IA
Meet and Greet in Waterloo, IA

"Well, for Federal Reserve, we have actually seen successful policies from Paul Volcker. I would consider switching Volcker back into the office and getting Greenspan. No doubt, both are very qualified men, but Volcker had the right ideas that made the 80s such a revolutionary time. Or we could go with this young man, Paul Ryan, who might very well be a contender one day himself."
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 04:15:54 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2013, 09:20:01 PM by Emperor SJoyce »

Campaign Schedule, Former Senator David L. Boren, November 1-6

Y'all, the party's over. It's time to clean up Washington! My good friend Ross Perot tried to do so twice already - and we came very close in 1992. Now, in 2000, well, third time lucky. We need a balanced budget, a full treasury, a small public debt, and less arrogant politicians! That's not what you're going to get from the Republicans, and not what you're going to get from the Democrats. I've been to Washington! I was a Senator! And what I saw there was disgusting, and played a big role in my decision to leave Washington and come back here to Oklahoma. And believe me, I'd like to stay here. But what they do in Washington affects us out here in Oklahoma. It's time for the Boren Broom Brigade to shock the establishment, sweep out the old guard, and bring some fundamental reforms to government! We'll begin laying the groundwork for a successful victory now, talk to some party leaders, and hold some rallies to try to get to know the American people. Ever since Mr. Perot asked me to be his running mate three years ago, though I declined, I've held faith that a concentrated third party effort can win an election and can get some fundamental change in Washington. We will win on election day!

November 1st, 1999:
-Campaign announcement, Norman, OK
-Meeting with Professor John Hagelin in Fairfield, IA (seeking endorsement)

November 2nd, 1999:
-Rally in St. Paul, MN
-Meeting with Governor Jesse Ventura (seeking endorsement)
This state is going to be one of the most receptive of the Reform Party's grassroots message of change! Lower taxes, smaller government, and a fundamentally different Washington is what we're pushing, and I'm glad to see that the people of these state have shown that they're not willing to stand for politics as usual!
-Meeting with former Congressman John B. Anderson in Rockford, IL (seeking endorsement)

November 3rd, 1999:
-Meeting in Winsted, CT with consumer advocate Ralph Nader (seeking endorsement)
-Meeting in Washington, VA with economist Pat Choate (seeking endorsement)

November 4th, 1999:
-Meeting in Tylertown, MS with businessman Ted Weill (seeking endorsement)
-Meeting in Lake Jackson, TX with Congressman Ron Paul (seeking endorsement, or at least staying out of endorsing in the primary)

November 5th, 1999:
-Rally in Dallas, TX
-Meeting in Dallas, TX with former candidate Ross Perot (seeking endorsement)

November 6th, 1999:
-Rally in Phoenix, AZ
-Rally in Los Angeles, CA
-Meeting in Los Angeles with actor Warren Beatty (seeking endorsement)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 05:43:53 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2013, 07:53:48 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Pat Buchanan, November 1st-November 6th.

"The long Cold War between Communism and freedom, in which many of us invested lives and careers, has ended. Some of us thought we would never see the day that Communism was defeated, and the empire of Lenin and Stalin dismantled. By the grace of God, America won the Cold War. But victory has not brought with it an end to history.  Beyond these shores, a new world is being born for which our government is unprepared, and we are unprepared. As we venture into the unchartered waters of the twenty first century, we must come together and combat the problems we face as Americans the best way we know how-by putting our beloved homeland first! So we are taking this campaign not just to Republicans, and conservatives. Every American is invited to join, the middle-class of both parties, of other parties, or of no party."

November 1st:
-Rally in Ames, Iowa.
-Rally in Des Moines, Iowa.
-Meeting with Gary Bauer (seeking endorsement).
-Meeting with Alan Keyes (seeking endorsement).

November 2nd:
-Meeting with Congressman Ron Paul in Clute, Texas (seeking endorsement).

November 3rd:
-Meeting with Senator Rick Santorum in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (seeking endorsement).
-Rally in Nashua, New Hampshire.

November 4th:
-Rally in Keene, New Hampshire.
-Rally in Hillsboro, New Hampshire.
-Rally in Andover, New Hampshire.

November 5th:
-Rally in Franklin, New Hampshire.
-Rally in Laconia, New Hampshire.
-Fundraiser in Manchester, New Hampshire.

November 6th:
-Rally in Columbia, South Carolina.
-Rally in Charleston, South Carolina.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 05:46:01 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2013, 04:17:21 PM by Acting Governor Lumine »

Quayle 2000:

The Quayle Team:

Campaign Manager: Kyle E. McSlarrow.
Deputy Campaign Manager: John Peshong.
Senior Strategist: John McConnell.
Press Secretary: Craig Whitney.
Chief Fundraising Officer: Richard Norman.
Campaign Pollster: Kellyanne Fitzpatrick.

Iowa Chief of Operations: Keith Fortmann.
New Hampshire Chief of Operations: John McConnell.
Political Strategists: Gary Geipel and Tom Hudson.
Special Adviser: Marilyn Quayle.

Vice President Dan Quayle's Schedule: (November 1-6)Sad

"I believe in a new America, an America which faces the 21st Century with a renewed and strong vision. In this campaign we work to reclaim the values that made America great: Respect, responsibility, courage, patriotism, integrity. There is no doubt about it that today America is number one militarily, economically, scientifically, technologically, but you know even though we are number one, we know that something is missing. And that's why we are fighting, to reach the end of a dishonest decade with Bill Clinton, Al Gore and the so called new democrats."

November 1st:

Barnstorm in Davenport, IA.
Barnstorm in Waterloo, IA.
Rally in Ames, IA.
Rally in Des Moines, IA.
Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA.
Hiring more staffers for Des Moines Iowa HQ.

"The media seems fixated on a single word: potato. You can watch it everyday, a lot of people honestly believe that I'm clueless, and that I have no idea what I'm talking about. But I'm going to prove them wrong with your help, and I'm going to show and convince the American people of who the real Dan Quayle is, a conservative fighter that wants to give America a better future. My rivals are strong, and the road won't be easy. People may be hard to convince, but we can do this. I know we can do this! Therefore, and to prove the media that their whole perception is wrong, our campaign will be far more open to press than previous campaigns. Join us on this tour of America, and we will welcome you!"

November 2nd:

Barnstorm in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Rally in Ames, IA.
Meetings with Republican officers across the state.
Private dinner with Gov. Terry Branstad (more than an endorsement, asking him to remain neutral).

"I think that I'm a candidate that combines two of the biggest factions of the GOP: Conservatives and the establishment. That doesn't make me a compassionate conservative, because I think that labeling your self like that is surrendering your values. No, I believe I appeal to conservatives because I have a conservative world view, because I fight for conservative causes. And I also think the establishment will help me, because I was George Bush's Vice President. I worked with him, I helped him, and I want to restore the good days of Bush in the White House. Will you help me achieve that?"

November 3rd:

Bus Tour in Council Bluffs, IA.
Bus Tour in Iowa City, IA.
Bus Tour in Bettendorf, IA.
Town Hall in Boone, IA.
Town Hall in Spencer, IA.
Rally in Sioux City, IA.

"Some people ask me if my national fifth place should be worrying, given my status as Vice President. And I say no, because I'm used to be the underdog. I was the underdog when running for Congress, and I won. I was the underdog against Birch Bayh on the Senate, and I won. They said George Bush and I couldn't beat Gov. Dukakis, and guess what? We won. This campaign is not different, and me and the Quayle 2000 team are ready to lead America into the next millennium!"

November 4th:

Rally in Dubuque, IA.
Rally in Ankeny, IA.
Rally in Urbandale, IA.
Town Hall in Clinton, IA.
Town Hall in Fort Dodge, IA.

"See, I was reviewing some old news from yesterday, and something quite interesting happened on New Hampshire. Jack Kemp said he was the one with more experience, and he mentioned Mrs. Dole and General Powell as well. I'm sorry, Mr. Kemp, but I think I can speak up more about true experience. Not only I have served on the House and the Senate, but I was the Vice President of the United States of America. If that's not experience, I don't know what is."

November 5th:

Barnstorm in Nashua, NH.
Barnstorm in Rochester, NH.
Rally in Concord, NH.
Rally in Manchester, NH.
Fundraiser in Manchester, NH.
Meeting with Gov. John Sununu in Manchester, NH. (seeking endorsement)

"John, look, I think we worked pretty well during our time in the White House, and I have always been thankfull for your support. Now comes the big challenge, the months before the showdowns at Iowa and New Hampshire, and I need your support. You have talked with my staff before, you helped me a great deal during the first months and with the donors, and I'd like to officially have you at my side as my crusader. Will you help me do this?"

November 6th:

Fundraiser in Phoenix, AZ.
Rally in Phoenix, AZ.
Rally in Los Angeles, CA.
Rally in San Francisco, CA.
Fundraisers on California.
Meeting with Gov. Pete Wilson in Sacramento, CA. (seeking endorsement)

"It's so good to be back on Arizona! I have to tell you, I'm still in love with this state after living a few years in here, and I have a great deal of trust with Arizona voters. Sure, I know Senator McCain comes from here, but I know I have a good shot at winning this primary. I won't write any states off, so I'll be back here very soon. Now, what I really want to say today is that we must have the courage to lead, the courage to change, the courage to believe in ourselves, and I'm here to tell you that I will lead the fight for our values and for our families. "
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 06:35:35 PM »

Kemp Ad - America the Free
Running in Iowa, Alaska, New Hampshire, Delaware, and South Carolina for 2 Weeks

Narrator: "If you're looking for a candidate for President that embodies the characteristics that make America great, look no further than Jack Kemp. His father was a trucking entrepreneur, his mother, a teacher. Jack grew up under that family to become a great football player, volunteer for Goldwater's campaign, and a congressman."

Jack Kemp: "In congress, I brought up much of the Reagan agenda, which made America more prosperous, and more free, giving companies more ability to hire, and more people a lighter burden on their pocket books. We can achieve greatness in America again, we just need to look at the right person."

Narrator: "Jack Kemp for President of the United States"

Jack Kemp: "I'm Jack Kemp and I approve this message."
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 07:36:15 PM »

Connie Mack III Campaign schedule

America is now at a cross roads, we can stick to the current pat we are on which is more taxes, and more spending and less freedom, or we can move foward to a new era of Less taxes, Less Spending , and more Freedom. as your president i will promise you the path to the future and i will restore Integrity to the White House.

November 1st:
Campaign annoucment Speech, Miami Florida
Meeting with  Florida Governor Jeb Bush (seeking endorsment)
Rally at Tampa Florida
Fundraiser at Orlando Florida
Barnstorm at Miami, Florida
November 2nd:
Rally at Boise, Idaho
Fundraiser at Idaho City, Idaho
Barnstorm at Pocatello, Idaho
Townhall at Twin falls, Idaho
Meeting with Idaho Governor Dirk Kempthone (Seeking Endorsment)
November 3rd:
Barnstom in Ames, Iowa
Rally at Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Townhall at Waterloo, Iowa
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Barnstorm at Davenport, Iowa
November 4th:
Barnstorming at Salt lake City Utah
Meeting with Senator Robert Bennett(Seeking Endorsment)
Rally at Manchester, Hampshire
Barnstorming at Nashua New Hampshire
November 5th:
Barnstorming at Mason City Iowa
Barnstorming at Soux City, Iowa
Rally at Clinton, Iowa
November 6th:
Rally at Ames Iowa
Fundraiser at Ames, Iowa
Townhall at Ames, Iowa

Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 09:01:43 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2013, 09:26:46 PM by Flo »

Barbara Mikulski Campaign Schedule

November 1st:
Meeting with Vice President Al Gore (seeking endorsement)
Speech in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Meeting with Senator Tom Daschle (seeking endorsement)
Meeting with Senator Tim Johnson (seeking endorsement)

November 2nd:

Fundraiser in Austin, Texas.
Fundraiser in Dallas, Texas.
Meeting with Former Governor Ann Richards (seeking endorsement)
Meeting with Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson (seeking endorsement)
Rally in San Antonio, Texas.

November 3rd:

Meet and Greet in Polk County, Iowa.
Meeting with Senator Tom Harkin (seeking endorsement)
Rally in Des Moines, Iowa.
Meeting with Congressman Leonard Boswell (seeking endorsement)
Rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Rally in Davenport, Iowa.

November 4th:

Meeting with Governor Howard Dean (seeking endorsement)
Meeting with Senator Ted Kennedy (seeking endorsement)
Meeting with Senator John Kerry (seeking endorsement)
Meeting with Senator Chris Dodd (seeking endorsement)
Meeting with Senator Jack Reed (seeking endorsement)
Rally in Providence, Rhode Island.

November 5th:

Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire.
Rally in Nashua, New Hampshire.
Rally in Concord, New Hampshire.
Meet and Greet in Laconia, New Hampshire.
Meet and Greet in Derry, New Hampshire.

November 6th:

Fishing photo op with Senator Judd Gregg fishing in Harts Location, New Hampshire.
Canvassing in Harts Location, New Hampshire.
Rally in Dover, New Hampshire.
Meet and Greet in Londonderry, New Hampshire.
Meet and Greet in Merrimack, New Hampshire.

Campaign Manager: Wendy Sherman
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 09:30:03 AM »

Colin Powell Presidential Campaign: November 1- November 6

Powell Campaigns in New Hampshire
"...The Republican Party of 2000 will be a united one. A party that does not contort itself into a political pretzel, but one that is open and inviting. One that is compassionate and resolute. A party that a great man once called of bold colors. We must be bold, we must offer ourselves to the electorate a party that not only stands on our economic principles, but stands for leadership.

I do not despise President Clinton, he is after all my President and I respect the office of the President of the United State. However, I disagree with the conduct we've seen. The American President should embody the best of his countrymen, not the worst. To live up to their ideals and to appeal to their hopes. The American President is representative of all of us. Of we the people, of these United States. The President should reflect the values of America, the aspirations of America. Integrity matters. Dignity matters. Honor matters. Leadership matters..."

Nov. 1: New Hampshire
-Rally in Concord, NH
-Speech in Portsmouth, NH
-Interview on WMUR
-Rally in Manchester, Nh

Nov. 2: Iowa
-Speech in Ames, IA
-Speech in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Phone banking in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Interview with World News Tonight

Nov. 3: New Hampshire
-Town Hall in Berlin, NH
-Town Hall in Colebrook, NH
-Town Hall in Jackson, NH
-Town Hall in Plymouth, NH
-Town Hall in Rochester, NH

Powell on Experience
"Experience does matter. We're talking about the Presidency of the United States here, not governor or senator or congressman. We don't want on the job training and I would say of all the candidates in this race I have by far the most experience of any, save for perhaps Former Vice President Quayle."

Nov. 4: Iowa/South Carolina
-Town Hall in Clinton, IA
-Town Hall in Des Moines, IA
-Rally in Columbia, SC
-Town Hall in Charleston, SC

Nov. 5: New York
-Fundraiser in NYC

Nov. 6: New Hampshire
-Town Hall in North Hampton, NH
-Town Hall in Lee, NH
-Town Hall in Jefferson, NH

Colin Powell Economic Plan: Prosperity for the 21st Century
1. Tax Cuts for All Americans
2. Lowering Corporate Tax Rate: 35% - 25%

3. Closing all Tax Loopholes
4. Allocating portions of the surplus towards entitlement reform

Powell Ad: The Dream (Running in Iowa/New Hampshire/South Carolina
"...this is a remarkable country we live in. That a guy like me who wasn't born into riches, who didn't have a powerful family name, was a C student in college could work his way up the ladder and become a four-star general in the United States Army...

"...I say that it is remarkable, because indeed it is, to people in other countries they say wow. How could this man do it? How could he achieve his dreams, and in reality to us it's not that remarkable, because this is America, where so long as you work hard and you stay true to yourself and you have the passion to dream you can go from being a kid born in Harlem, to being President of the United States...

"That's the American Dream and my goal as President is to ensure that every kid has the ability to achieve and follow their own God given potential."

"I'm Colin Powell and I approve this message."
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 03:40:19 PM »

Team McCain

Campaign Manager:
Rick Davis
Senior Strategist: Mike Murphy
Chief Political Adviser: John Weaver
Media Adviser: Greg Stevens
Chief Speechwriter: Mark Salter
Press Officer: Howard Opinsky
General Counsel: Craig Turk

John McCain Campaign Schedule

November 1, 1999
-Fundraiser and rally in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Town hall in Merrimack, New Hampshire
-Town hall in Amherst, New Hampshire
-Town hall in Hancock, New Hampshire

"Today, America stands at a crossroads.  The last eight years have certainly not been without their challenges.  Now I respect President Clinton, and I admire his ability to work across the aisle, but the truth remains that he has lied to the American people and disgraced the office of the presidency.  If you want integrity and real leadership in the White House again, then join me and let's get it done!"

November 2, 1999
-Town hall in Antrim, New Hampshire
-Town hall in Stoddard, New Hampshire
-Town hall in Roxbury, New Hamsphire
-Fundraiser and rally in Keene, New Hampshire
-Town hall in Chesterfield, New Hampshire

November 3, 1999
-Rally at Iowa State Unversity, Ames, Iowa
-Fundraiser and rally in Des Moines, Iowa
-Meeting in Des, Moines, Iowa, with Sen. Chuck Grassley (seeking endorsement)
-Rally in Boone, Iowa

November 4, 1999
-Rally at the University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
-Rally in Cedar Falls, Iowa
-Rally in Waterloo, Iowa
-Town hall in Alexander, Iowa
-Meeting in Alexander, Iowa, with Rep. Tom Latham (seeking endorsement)

"Iowa, we've come too far to go backwards.  We live in a time of relative peace and prosperity, and I would hate to see us squander that on waste, fraud, and abuse.  We need a strong leader to take on the challeges of the 21st century, and that is why I want to be your president."

November 5, 1999
-Fundraiser on Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
-Fundraiser in Boston, Massachusetts

November 6, 1999
-Town hall in Pembroke, New Hampshire
-Rally in Concord, New Hampshire
-Meeting in Concord, New Hampshire with Senator Judd Gregg (seeking endorsement)
-Town hall in New London, New Hampshire

November 7, 1999
-Town hall in Andover, New Hampshire
-Town hall in Danbury, New Hampshire
-Town hall in Barnstead, New Hampshire
-Fundraiser and rally in Laconia, New Hampshire
-Town hall in Gilford, New Hampshire
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 05:25:18 PM »

Connie Mack TV Ad: The Connie Mack Record

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 12:03:24 PM »

I've decided to extend this round by another day for the sake of lenience. Please have all of the schedules done by then.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 08:13:46 PM »

November 1st:

Campaign Kickoff in Las Vegas, Nevada

"I'm running because frankly, I'm pissed off at Washington, and I know Americans are too. Instead of getting down to business on securing the border and passing a balanced budget amendment, all we hear is about a three year-old affair and gossip on who we're gonna bomb next. I want a different course. An American course. And next year, I think this country will tell the two parties that they're fired!"

November 2nd:

-Fundraiser in Las Vegas, Nevada
-Flight to San Francisco
-Meeting with Reform Party activists in San Francisco, California

November 3rd:

-Flight to Dallas
-Rally in Dallas, Texas
-Meeting with Ross Perot in Dallas, Texas (seeking endorsement)

November 4th:

-Fundraiser in Houston, Texas
-Flight to New York, New York
-Rally in New York, New York

November 5th:

-Interview with NBC's Tom Brokaw
-Flight to Washington, D.C.

"Look Tom, my platform isn't left and it isn't right. It's common sense ideas from one side or another side or neither side. We need a balanced budget amendment. We need to reform the electoral college. We need to get out of these free trade agreements. And we need to stop the flow of illegals from south of the border."

November 6th:

-Meeting with Pat Buchanan (seeking endorsement)
-Laughing at poor people in Washington, D.C.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 11:02:01 PM »

The week of November 7-13 begins now.

Democrats (National)
Wesley Clark - 29%
John Kerry - 25%
Barbara Mikulski - 21%
Paul Wellstone - 20%
Undecided - 5%

Democrats (Iowa)
Wesley Clark - 27%
Barbara Mikulski - 22%
Paul Wellstone - 22%
John Kerry - 21%
Undecided - 8%

Democrats (New Hampshire)
John Kerry - 30%
Wesley Clark - 24%
Barbara Mikulski - 22%
Paul Wellstone - 20%
Undecided - 4%

Republicans (National)
Jack Kemp - 20%
Colin Powell - 18%
Elizabeth Dole - 13%
John McCain - 13%
Dan Quayle - 13%
Connie Mack - 10%
Pat Buchanan - 8%
Undecided - 5%

Republicans (Iowa)
Jack Kemp - 19%
Dan Quayle - 17%
Colin Powell - 15%
Elizabeth Dole - 14%
Connie Mack - 14%
Pat Buchanan - 9%
John McCain - 7%
Undecided - 5%

Republicans (New Hampshire)
Jack Kemp - 22%
Colin Powell - 19%
John McCain - 18%
Pat Buchanan - 13%
Dan Quayle - 12%
Elizabeth Dole -  9%
Connie Mack - 3%
Undecided - 4%

Republicans (South Carolina)
Colin Powell - 21%
Jack Kemp -  17%
John McCain - 15%
Elizabeth Dole - 14%
Pat Buchanan - 11%
Dan Quayle - 11%
Connie Mack - 7%
Undecided - 4%

Republicans (Michigan)
Jack Kemp - 24%
Colin Powell - 16%
Dan Quayle - 14%
Elizabeth Dole - 13%
Connie Mack - 10%
Pat Buchanan - 8%
John McCain - 8%
Undecided - 7%

Reform (National)
Donald Trump - 56%
David L. Boren - 36%
Undecided - 8%

Endorsements
Jack Kemp: Warren Rudman, Paul Ryan, Tom Latham, Ted Stevens
Dan Quayle: John Sununu, Pete Wilson
Pat Buchanan: Alan Keyes, Ron Paul, Gary Bauer
Connie Mack: Jeb Bush, Dirk Kempthorne, Robert Bennett
John McCain: Chuck Grassley, Judd Gregg
David L. Boren: Ross Perot, John Anderson, Pat Choate
Barbara Mikulski: Tim Johnson, Ann Richards, Chris Dodd
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 11:24:18 PM »

Press Conference at Quayle 2000 HQ in Phoenix, Arizona:

Reporter #1: Mr. Vice President, what are your thoughts on the recent developments of the race?
Quayle: Well, I have to say that I'm quite pleased with them. Voters seem to be reacting in a very positive way to our message of real conservatism, and we are rising in Iowa and New Hampshire.
Reporter #2: And what about the Democratic race?
Quayle: Sorry, what race? It's beginning to look like Senator Mikulski is the only one really concerned with her campaign, and I find that very sad when compared to a GOP race full of activity. If anything, this proves that our party has the enthusiasm to take back the White House.
Reporter #3: Well, some voters have expressed their concerns about your several gaffes, Mr. Vice President...
Quayle: And they also say I have always been a deer caught on the headlights, I know. But I'm fighting to change that false perception, and if I'm rising on the polls that means that people are beginning to listen.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2013, 04:25:12 PM »

"I'm running for President because we need strong defense, and If we have any of the other candidate run, I think we will be weak in the world, and here at home.  So I ask you the people to make a choice, who do you want to lead this country in the 21st century."

November 7th:

-Fundraiser in Memphis TN
-Townhall in Memphis TN
-Meet and Greet in Nashville TN

November 8th:

-Flight to Dallas
-Rally in Dallas TX
-Meeting with Vets in Dallas TX

November 9th:

-Fundraiser in Austin, TX
-Flight to Iowa
-Rally in Ceder Rapids, Iowa

November 10th:

-Townhall in Iowa City, Iowa
-Rally in Des Moines, Iowa
-Rally in Des Moines, Iowa

November 11th:

-Townhall in Ames, Iowa
-Rally in Mason City, Iowa
-Rally in Waterloo, Iowa

November 12th:

-Rally in Waterloo, Iowa
-Rally in Iowa City, Iowa
-Rally in Davenport, Iowa

November 13th:

-Townhall in Burlington, Iowa
-Townhall in Burlington, Iowa
-Rally in Fort Madison, Iowa
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 04:44:18 PM »

Vice President Dan Quayle's Schedule: (November 7-13)Sad

"Winning this election is more than likely for us, and we can do it! Time after time pundits and the media have written us off due to past mistakes, but we are slowly proving them wrong. Day after day, more people join the Quayle 2000 effort, and it fills me with pride to see so many people working for our campaign. Marilyn and I are a 100% sure that things will just keep improving from now on!"

November 7th:

Strategy meetings at Campaign HQ in Phoenix, AZ.
Hiring more staffers and volunteers to create a national network.
Fly to Texas.
Meeting with Governor George W. Bush (seeking endorsement) at Governor's mansion in Austin, TX.
Dinner with Former President George HW Bush (seeking endorsement) at West Oaks.

"Mr. President, I have come to officially ask for your support in the Presidential race. I know it's still early, sir, but your help could prove decisive on this field. I want to return to the good times of your administration and the time in which we served together. Perhaps you might choose to stay away from this one, or even endorse other capable candidates like Powell, but I still feel it's my duty to ask four your support. What do you say, Mr. President? For old times sake?"

November 8th:

Fly to New Hampshire.
Rally with Gov. John Sununu in Manchester, NH.
Rally with Gov. John Sununu in Nashua, NH.
Town Hall in Derry, NH.
Town Hall in Keene, NH.

"Hi, how are you? Convincing young people like yourself to vote and get involved in politics in perhaps a hard task, but it is a rewarding one. Specially in times like this, when we are fighting to get America into a safe 21th century and change the way we do business around here. And perhaps you might disagree with my views, or perhaps you believe the media when they imply that I'm dumb or even half witted, but I think you should vote and voice your opinion any way."

November 9th:

Bus Tour in Dubuque, IA.
Bus Tour in Ames, IA.
Bus Tour in Ankeny, IA.
Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA.

"This campaign fights for two things: A strong America, and the values of our country! In 1992 Mr. Clinton won the Presidency by saying he would focus on domestic affairs instead of meddling with foreign policy, and he has done a bad job with international events and a lousy job with domestic ones. I have foreign experience as Vice President, and my work in Congress and as a Senator proves that I'm ready to face domestic policy."

November 10th:

Bus Tour in Sioux City, IA.
Bus Tour in Cedar Falls, IA.
Bus Tour in Urbandale, IA.
Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA.
Rally in Des Moines, IA.

"Do any of you remember my first national debate against Senator Bentsen? I'm not going to lie, I did badly on that one. And you know what? Because while I was ready to take the job of the Vice Presidency, I wasn't media savvy. I wasn't used to the press trying to strangle you with trick questions, and that was a big disadvantage. The years have made me wiser and stronger, and this Dan Quayle is ready to fight and win!"

November 11th:

Town Hall in Burlington, IA.
Town Hall in Fort Dodge, IA.
Rally in Muscatine, IA.
Rally in Coralville, IA.

"President Clinton likes to brag about his foreign policy and the peace he supposedly has kept. But I tend to disagree. See, the United States is now spending less than 3% of GDP on military, and the lowest level since 1938. What I see here is that the current administration is not following a true defense policy...but playing defensive politics. National security should be a top priority on the public agenda, and you can trust me to keep America safe."

November 12th:

Barnstorm Bettendorf, IA.
Barnstorm Clinton, IA.
Barnstorm Mason City, IA.
Rally in West Des Moines, IA.
Rally in Council Bluffs, IA.

"Look, my economic views are simple. To have a healthy environment, we've got to have a healthy economy. We have to change and improve fuel efficiency standards, we have to give Congress a bigger participation on this, and we must have a Balanced Budget Amendment. Everybody says that our economy is strong thanks to President Clinton, but it was President Bush who started that, and we can always improve the way we handle the economy."

November 13th:

Fly to Michigan.
Rally in Detroit, MI.
Rally in Grand Rapids, MI.
Rally in Lansing, MI.
Rally in Flint, MI.

"Some people speak of major changes on drug policy, they speak about ending the war on drugs. I think the Federal Government has surrendered on this war, and that is nothing short of shameful. They say it's too costly, that it doesn't work, that we can't win it. But they are wrong. Moral leaders and must win this war, and we can win it by opposing legalization and having a strong international strike force."
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 04:53:09 PM »

Tom Daschle Campaign Kickoff Week

November 7, 1999 Kick off rally in Pierre South Dakota from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM
With much respect to Senator Mikulski and Kerry, to General Clark and Senator Wellstone, I am the candidate that will best represent the Clinton era! I will be a practical Progressive, not a strident bomb-thrower, and I will get things done, not lie and shade the truth

November 7,1999 9:30 PM Interview with Meredith Vieira on South Dakota Culture, to be aired on The View later in the week.

November 8, Campaign stop in Windsor Heights, Iowa at 11:00 AM, Campaign Rally in Mitchellville Iowa at 1:45 PM, Campaign Rally at the Ashton Observatory, Baxter, Iowa at 9:45 PM

November,9 Fundraiser in Omaha, Nebraska until 2:45 PM. Campaign rally in Oakland Iowa from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM

November 10, Campaign stop at Shelby County Courthouse in Harlan Iowa until 12:45 PM. Spend Evening traveling to New Hampshire.

November 11, Campaign Rally in Farmington New Hampshire from 2:00 PM until 3:35PM, Open Daschle for President office in Manchester, New Hampshire.

November 12, Travel to Washington and attend to Senate work.

November 13, Fundraiser in Chevy Chase, Maryland.

The Following ad airs in Iowa and New Hampshire
For those of you who don't follow the deliberations of the Senate- and I don't blame you, I'm Tom Daschle and I'm running for president because I believe we have a duty towards practical progressivsm, which means we choose our battles carefully, because as Americans we can't afford to be wrong. 
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 05:04:38 PM »

Dan Quayle Ad#1: Family FighterSad

States: Iowa, New Hampshire, Michigan and Arizona.

Voiceover: The past years have spelled out a lot of trouble for the American family, and the issue has been ignored. Families split away, parental autority is gone and nobody tries to do something... Except one man, Dan Quayle, who has constantly been the one who fights for the American familiy.

Quayle: It's about time we do something to help the families of the United States, and it has nothing to do with big government reforms as some people want. I want to see an agenda of family values, to reduce tax burdens on families, to promote at-home parents via tax cuts, so we can see our families recovering their strenght. They said I was wrong about Murphy Brown, but is the American family stronger now?

Voiceover: Vice President Dan Quayle, the only one who takes a firm stand for our families.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 11:04:33 PM »

Trumpfest '99: Week 2

November 7th:

-Flight to Miami
-Rally in Miami, Florida
-Fundraiser in Orlando, Florida

"People are saying that this is some sort of joke campaign, or that I'm only in this for attention. That's bunk. This country needs serious reform and we need to break from the two-party system. You want a real joke? Look at the big party primaries. At least I can spell potato."

November 8th:

-Flight to Portland
-Meet & Greet in Portland, Maine
-Meeting with Governor Angus King in Augusta, Maine (seeking endorsement)

November 9th:

-Flight to Minneapolis, Minnesota
-Meeting with Governor Jesse Ventura in St. Paul, Minnesota (seeking endorsement)
-Rally in St. Paul, Minnesota

"Here in the Midwest you've seen the effects of the bipartisan trainwreck called NAFTA. Ross called it in 1992: manufacturing jobs are being sucked into Mexico and China and India while illegals flood our borders because they can't compete with government-subsidized produce. When I'm in charge, I'll strengthen border security, and more importantly get the hell out of NAFTA."

November 10th:

-Meet & Greet in Des Moines, Iowa
-Fundraiser in Omaha, Nebraska
-Flight to Denver, Colorado

November 11th:

-Rally in Denver, Colorado
-Fundraiser in Colorado Springs, Colorado

"We have a balanced budget now. That has nothing to do with anything our inept government's been doing and everything to do with the internet bubble. If we want to stay fiscally sound, we need a balanced budget amendment to be passed. As president I will absolutely push it through."

November 12th:

-Flight to Philadelphia
-Fundraiser in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
-Meet & Greet in Elizabeth, New Jersey

"I'm seeing momentum in this campaign. We're gonna do what Ross couldn't. We're going to Washington next year."

November 13th:

-Rest in New York, New York
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 08:27:37 AM »

Colin Powell Campaign: November 7-12

Powell Takes Questions at a Town Hall in Flint, MI

Nov. 7: Michigan
-Town Hall in Flint, MI
-Rally in Detroit, MI

Nov. 8: New Hampshire
-Rally in Concord, NH
-Town Hall in Peterborough, NH
-Town Hall in Exeter, NH

Nov. 9: South Carolina
-Town Hall in Myrtle Beach, SC
-Town Hall in Greenville, SC
-Fundraiser in Mount Pleasant, SC

Nov. 10: Florida
-Rally in Tampa, FL
-Fundraiser in Miami, FL
-Interview with Time Magazine

Excerpt from Time Interview
Time: Are you a conservative Republican, are you a moderate Republican? How do you see yourself?

Powell: I'm a Republican, plain and simple. I think that's the mistake our party has been making the last few cycle. That somehow if you don't line up one hundred percent a certain way on issues than your not a true Republican. Look I'm a Republican. I stand for the three pillars that make up the party. Lowering taxes. Smaller government in people's lives and more personal rights and liberties. Those principles unite all Republican, whether your moderate or conservative. That's what we stand for and I believe in those ideas.

Nov. 11: Iowa/Michigan
-Town Hall in Clinton, IA
-Rally in Ames, IA
-Town Hall in Grand Rapids, MI
-Fundraiser in Detroit, MI

Nov. 12: New Hampshire/South Carolina
-Rally in Keene, NH
-Meeting with Keene College Republican Committee
-Town Hall in Anderson, SC
-Town Hall in Lexington, SC
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 04:03:22 PM »

I'm planning to get mine in tonight, but if I can't, could we get an extra night?
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 05:03:31 PM »

(Yay I'm now in third wow I feel so proud of myself Cheesy)

Barbara Mikulski Campaign Schedule

November 7:
Town Hall in Manchester, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Nashua, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Concord, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Derry, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Dover, New Hampshire

November 8:
Town Hall in Des Moine, Iowa
Speech in Des Moine, Iowa
Rally in Des Moine, Iowa
Rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Interviewed by Iowan Newspapers (Des Moine Registers, Quad City Times, Gazette, Sioux City Journal, Globe Gazette, Telegraph Herald, Muscatine Journal, Messenger) Talks about economic platform, social issues such as abortion, minimum wage, etc.

November 9:
Door to door campaigning in Des Moine, Iowa
Rally in Davenport, Iowa
Rally in Sioux City, Iowa
Town Hall in Ames, Iowa
Town Hall in Waterloo, Iowa

November 10:
Meeting with First Lady Hillary Clinton (seeking endorsement)
Fundraiser in Chicago, Illinois
Fundraiser in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Rally in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Speech in Orlando, Florida

November 11:
Rally in Tampa Bay, Florida
Rally in Gainesville, Florida
Rally in Kissimmee, Florida
Rally in Daytona, Florida
Fundraiser in Miami, Florida

November 12:
Rally in Valdosta, Georgia
Rally in Athens, Georgia
Rally in Atlanta, Georgia
Door to Door Campaigning in Cleveland, Georgia
Meeting with Governor Roy Barnes (seeking endorsement)
Meeting with Mayor Bill Campbell (seeking endorsement)
Meeting with the Georgia Democratic Party (seeking endorsement)
Meeting with Senator Max Cleland (seeking endorsement)
Rally in Augusta, Georgia

Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2013, 07:04:36 PM »

Barbara Mikulski Campaign Ad:
[Runs in Iowa, New Hampshire, Georgia, and Florida]

Hello everybody,
My name is Barbara Mikulski and I'm a Senator from Maryland.
Currently I'm running to become President of the United States.

You might ask why.

Well I'll tell you.

I believe that America is the greatest country in the world, and that's a reason why I have served in the Senate.

I have sponsored bills that would extend retirement provisions to our police officers.
To help senior citizens and their families, after a loved one died.
And to strengthen our Coast Guard to help us for years to come.

Now you might wonder why you would vote for me.

I am committed to bring transparency to this government.

I will continue this economic path that President Clinton has set for us.

I will help families of every background, every race, every religion, and every ideology.

I will help you.

But for us to continue this path of prosperity, you need to vote for me.

Whether it is on January 24th for Iowans, February 1st for New Hampsherites, March 7th for Georgians, or March 14th for Floridians;

We all need to cast our ballot and keep this country moving forward.

I am so happy today to serve the people of Maryland, and I hope to soon serve all Americans!

My name is Barbara Mikulski and I approve this message.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2013, 08:07:03 PM »

I'm planning to get mine in tonight, but if I can't, could we get an extra night?
I'll extend this by one more day. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies